Code of Conduct

Default Why I wear fragrance/smell good.

The topics just keep pouring in. „How important is it to smell good?š „What do women like on men?š „How often do you wear fragrance?š
    I thought I‚d shed some light into my life and why I wear fragrance. This post will probably die into nothing pretty quickly, but this will be my last post for a little while; I am in the process of moving out of state, and will not have easy access to the internet from now on. This is why I have decided to share my .02 cents. This could be a good post, but it will probably end up being masturbatory writing. I have thought about wearing fragrance a lot, and I finally came to the conclusion one night, and here is my story.

I didn‚t want to do it, but I had no choice. Just as I had finished getting dressed, I took my Glock out of my safe. The metal of the slide felt almost as cold as my soul. Firmly, I held the gun with my right hand, while my left hand racked the slide only a fraction of an inch, just so I could see a Hydrashock in the chamber. I maneuvered my holster onto my back and shoulders, and gave my Glock a home right at my side, right where it belonged. As I was about to exit the room, I made an abrupt stop at my closet; I had just realized that I had forgotten to put on a fragrance. I stood in front of the closet for what felt like an eternity, just trying to find a fragrance I wanted to wear. The weight of the loaded Glock added haste to my thought, but that didn‚t stop me from asking myself „Why do you want to wear a fragrance, tonight of all nights?š

Why do I want to wear a fragrance? I wasn‚t going to seduce anyone tonight. The last thing anyone would notice would be my fragrance. I was on my way to violate every moral and ethical bone in my body, but for some reason, I felt compelled to put on a fragrance. The obvious thought, that fragrances are complex works of art, popped into my mind, but it still didn‚t explain why I wanted to wear a fragrance on this gloomy night. I came to the realization I wasn‚t about to put on a fragrance, but rather, was going to use fragrance as a photo album or video tape; to me, fragrance is a medium to which memories are stored. I reached for Route du Vetiver; it‚s the perfect choice for a night like tonight. I knew that whenever I smelled Route du Vetiver, that this night would be forever engrained in its depths. After all, we‚re just a product of our experiences and memories, and without them, we are nothing. I wasn‚t just wearing a fragrance tonight; I was wearing a memory indexing system.

Now, I love fragrance because fragrances are complex works of art. I also cannot ignore the association between memory and scent, and feel memory has a lot more to do with scent and scent choices than we think. I use fragrance almost like a photo album Ų I can vividly recall romantic nights I wore Ungaro III, and I can also recall gloomy nights I wore Route du Vetiver. Without these scent associations, I know my memory wouldn‚t be nearly as vivid. Just food for thought

Default Re: Why I wear fragrance/smell good.

Just wanted to note that I never proof read any of this, and just wrote it on a 3am whim.

Quote Originally Posted by IPaidForThisName
    The metal of the slide felt almost as cold as my soul.
    "It's not good to always feel good." Henry Rollins

Fragrances have the job to definitely pick me up. I often find myself wearing nothing thinking to myself - I got more than 150 oz of perfume, still buying and I'm not constantly doused with it. When thinking about what to wear, I often find myself looking for new offers or new posts - still - wearing nothing. :
    dr.creed's decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Quote Originally Posted by IPaidForThisName
    Just wanted to note that I never proof read any of this, and just wrote it on a 3am whim.
    Don't worry, it's very good. That's my expert opinion as both an English teacher and a multiple Glock owner. 8)

Why do *I* wear fragrance? I wear it so I can smell it. I love smelling it, and if I could, I'd wear three different colognes--simultaneously--all the time. I love women's perfume, the smell of bread, roses, etc. I LOVE SMELLS.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsei

Don't worry, it's very good. That's my expert opinion as both an English teacher and a multiple Glock owner.  8)

Why do *I* wear fragrance? I wear it so I can smell it. I love smelling it, and if I could, I'd wear three different colognes--simultaneously--all the time. I love women's perfume, the smell of bread, roses, etc. I LOVE SMELLS.  
    Just don't travel to any of the 9 countries where "Sex Panther" is illegal ;D

First, I will state again that I am in love with Henry Rollins...truly and madly and should he want me my husband is in serious peril.

Having gotten that off my chest...I wear fragrance for the sheer hedonistic pleasure it gives me, as well as a way of expressing to the world sides of myself that are otherwise hard for me to express.

Quote Originally Posted by sharilstuff
    ...I wear fragrance for the sheer hedonistic pleasure it gives me....
    did you notice that this post was #666 by you? ;D

No......do you think it could mean that I am truly evil? haha Believe me, any hedonistic pleasure that I can indulge is a positive...I am soooo practical in other ways it's just pitiful....haha

I won't say why I wear fragrance, but I will say that wearing a good fragrance today makes me look forward to wearing another good fragrance tomorrow.

PS Paid, are you moving out of state, or going upstate

The company of a good smell will make a borring situation 100 times more pleasent.

It's a comfort thing. I never have a probably being around people because I know I'm not the ONE who has the horrible stench following them arround.

Also, smelling myself instead of that person is so much more appealing to me.

Smells are personal.

Thank you for sharing this powerful insight with us. I found it interesting and fascinating. I rarely wear fragrance for anybody else other than myself. I sometimes wear scents that others may find repulsive - like strong vetiver or a deep woods. It depends on my mood.

J, I enjoyed your thread a lot.

I like the idea of fragrance invoking memory. The two are inseparably tied together.

For me, I wear fragrance because of mood. Whether I am sad, angry, ecstatic, indifferent, bored, passionate, or feeling almost any other emotion, I have a scent that reflects those feelings.

Sometimes it works the opposite. If I'm feeling one way, and it's not a great space to be in, I may pick something that will hopefully aid me in getting out of that space.

Your contributions to this board have been invaluable and thank you for showing it to me. I know you are on a trip right now, but stay in touch as we miss you and value your always thoughtful, humorous and knowledgeable insights.

And email me, damnit! Where the hell are you??

lol.

I am so sorry I have been out of touch. I have been too exhausted to use my laptop. I am in some SHITHOLE called Cisco, Texas right now. I am exhausted, and sick of driving. I just need to get to the east coast ASAP.

Arkansas tomorrow.

I will email you ASAP Dave!

Did you say "Crisco?" Oh, Cristo! lol

And then Arkansas?

omg.....come home, J!!!