Code of Conduct

Default Frederic Malle rules!

I went on their website

http://www.editionsdeparfums.com/mallesite_gb/index.htm

go to choose your own perfume and fill out the questionnaire. I got a personal email back from them less than 2 weeks ago. I had inquired about Vetiver and Musc Ravageur and they also recommended noir epices to me. Today in the mail I got a small box with a personalized note and 5 ml spray samples of all 3!
    I wish they would have sent me the whole line but hey I can't be too greedy

On first sniff these all smell great. I need to do some more testing. Musc Ravageur I already had a decant of and loved.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Default Re: Frederic Malle rules!

I also did the same survey. Congrats on the new samples. I am looking forward to mine, and I will try to report my opinions this weekend

I did the same thing and received MR, L'Eau d'hiver and Noir EpicÄs. Now that's what I call customer service...

did the friggin survey twice and got bupkas!

strange considering Malle is sold in Tokyo...

ok i filled out the survey but all it called for was my name and email. maybe he can devign my address

sam

You'll get an e-mail with their scent suggestions, you can give them your address then...

Why So Serious?

They didn't like me, so they sent me scented cards. ;D
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

I filled out the form and got nothing! I did get a personal e-mail from the lady who reviews the tests though. I'm so disappointed with this line - I want to like something from this line SO bad (in part because I love thier bottles and want one ;D) but I haven't found anything yet! I've tried Musc Ravageur, Vetiver Extraordinaire, En Passant and Angeliques sous la pluie, and all them were good, well-made, high quality and nice, but none worked for me. There are still a few left to try, though... maybe Noir Epices?

Quote Originally Posted by bwp
    I filled out the form and got nothing! ╩I did get a personal e-mail from the lady who reviews the tests though. ╩I'm so disappointed with this line - I want to like something from this line SO bad (in part because I love thier bottles and want one ╩;D) but I haven't found anything yet! ╩I've tried Musc Ravageur, Vetiver Extraordinaire, En Passant and Angeliques sous la pluie, and all them were good, well-made, high quality and nice, but none worked for me. ╩There are still a few left to try, though... ╩maybe Noir Epices?
    Try the Noir Epices. It is excellent. Very different from what I expected. Total black spices it is not.
    A complex light Oriental that certainly has some spices/pepper but it has some nice rose and nutmeg a bit of clove and a nice woody base. They claim there is patchouli and I don't doubt it but I didn't get much of it.
    It definitely is unisex but easily wearable for a man. There is one brief point early in the drydown that I questioned the unisex point but it quickly reverts and ultimately becomes more overtly masculine to me.
    The lasting power was excellent for me but realize that it takes a chisel to get Vetiver Extraordinare off my skin.

Eric

Woo! I was lucky. I emailed them last wednesday and got my samples yesterday. Musc Ravageur, Noir Epices and Iris Poudre. ╩

By the way, has anyone seen the traveller's spray case that's 70 euro and can be filled with the 10ml sprays? It's got to be luxurious for that price.

Hi fellas, i recieved my samples yesterday,i too was impressed with the speed of delivery,now if all companies were like that... The scent i was most interested in was Musc Ravageur and what a scent it is WOW! Two spritz and inhale, ahhhhh.One hour later and it had gone Is there a scent out there that has that almost PdE incense note but in Musc,that wont depart so quickly leaving me exhilarated but coming down fast? I thought i could detect a nag champa inscense stick note in there too.Can any of you guys point me in the right direction and reccomend an alternative?

Musc Ravageur departs within an hour on you Glenos? Bloody hell; It's the longest-lasting fragrance I've ever worn, still going strong on me the morning after (I apply in the morning, after a shower)!

I even tried Renato's famous 'pullover test' on a t-shirt and it still whiffed of Musc Ravageur several days later.

Hmm. I know Cologne Bigarade and Angeliques sous la pluie are short-lived but I'm surprised you find Musc is too. Oh well, it just goes to show how different some people's skins hold scents!

Hi Mike, it did linger but that note of "almost incense "went after about an hour and thats the part i would like to hold onto for longer.But man what a scent ;D

Why So Serious?

mostly very disappointed with this house, didn't like most of their scents. But FM was very nice, they told me they would send me scented cards, instead they sent me 4 5ml sprays, very kind hearted! Just because of that, i will probably buy a big bottle of VE.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese