Code of Conduct

Default Nino Cerruti pour homme

Has anybody ever smelt this one?
    How does it smell like?

Thanks!

Default Re: Nino Cerruti pour homme

Yes, I got this cologne!
    And very glad - cause it`s discontinued. 8)

It`s very dry flowery-sappy-wooden scent.
    Now this sort of scent definitely goes into `selective niche` category - but those days it was usual mainstream scent.
    It`s very complicated scent - I can only say that if you add a lot of herbs and eastern saps into Eau de Sables by Annick Goutal - that will be close to Cerruti PH.

Cerruti Pour Homme (1979).
    Boisé Aromatique or Bouquet Floral.
    It consist of 130 ingredients: Jasmin, basil, thyme, artemisia, romarin, lentiscus, mint, galbanum, oakmoss, patchouli, vetiver de Bourbon, cedar, sandalwood, myrth, incense, elemi, opopanax, frankincense.

I like it a lot and wear it very seldom.
    I got only 50 ml of that juice...
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Wow - I have really fond memories of this unusual scent from the early 80's, and have been looking for it for YEARS. You can still get it somewhere???? Where?!

This one is amazing. A complex chypre that is very well blended. Much more than the sum of it's parts. I can't really pick out too many notes. I wore it extensively in the early 80's and like moon_fish, I only have a small bottle left. I hate the thought of being without this one so I use it very sparingly now.
    If you can get it, snap it up quickly, you will not be sorry.
    It is fresh, woody, mossy, slightly floral yet masculine and timeless. Great for any occasion. I have found absolutely nothing similar to it. Why did they discontinue this one?? In the US, you can find this one but it is very expensive. It is worth it in my opinion. I have never encountered any one else wearing this one, even back when it was supposedly more popular. I reckon that's why it was discontinued!
    RCavs, do not hesitate, go out and get it quickly.......and send me some too!

Regards, Eric ;D

Hey evogel - help me out here - you say you can still find the old Cerruti Pour Homme? Where do you suggest I look for this? (Oh, and I wear a lot of Creed, so clearly I don't mind paying... )

I am sure there are a few more but a lot are blocked for me here at work but try www.perfumenetwork.com
    click on the N and it should be there. They are based in NYC and I think they are in the "Perfume District".

Eric

great - thanks!!!

I used to love this fragrance in the early 80's. As you guys have said it never really 'took off', though. Here it was always a bit obscure even exclusive.

I see it is shown as 'in production' in the Directory and there are one or two US online suppliers that do list it (see Directory).

I have got people searching for it over here but no luck so far.....

Trot

it was one of the greatest fragrances i had and i have a very lovely memory of it my first love used to love it , its a sorrow that i can't find it any more . by the way i find it very close to gucci PH and therefore i bough 2 bottles of gucci PH

Count me in as someone with fond memories of this one - used to wear it a lot in the mid 80's. Remember it as being sweet and "sappy", ie resinous green. When I smelt Gobin Daude's Seve Exquise, it instantly reminded me of Cerruti pour Homme.

Sante.
    THE BEST OF 2009 to date Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire Pour Homme, Cologne Pour Le Soir, Annick Goutal Mandragore Pourpre

REDISCOVERING CLASSICS - AGAIN!:- , Guerlain Derby, L'Artisan Premier Figuier

This one kicks butt. I also used to wear it a lot in the 80's, and everyone I came in contact with loved it. I haven't smelled it in years, but I remember it as a well-blended floral scent.

I highly recommend this fragrance. If I can find it, I'm going to buy a lot of it.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Yvan

If you're looking for minis of this, I found a website that sells minis for a pretty good price, especially as it's tough to find.

http://www.fragrancenow.com/product_...productID=2332

I just bought a couple myself. It was good to try it again after some 20 years, and the juice is good and fresh, but I don't think I like it quite enough to buy a big bottle...it's a lot like Bulgari pour Homme on me (musky/woody, plus resins, some floral and green notes), and while both are fine scents, they aren't quite my style.

This was a great scent and I did wear it in the 80's. Back in the 80's it was popular.

Sad it was discontinued. I remember it being very floral and rich in resins.

I must admit the bottle was very ugly.

I remember it well for a few good reasons.

I finally got out of my 'Eau Sauvage' phase back in 1987 by purchasing a bottle of Cerruti. Unfortunately, on the night of my first 'application' I had a car crash...gave the bottle away and haven't worn it since.........great fragrance though!!