Code of Conduct

Default How many sprays and where?.

I put about 8, depending on the cologne, base neck, left, right, back, wrists and behind ears.

I have a friend who puts on about 40-50 haha. In his ears, hair, hands, face.

Default Re: How many sprays and where?.

Paraphrasing Coco Chanel, you should put fragrance anywhere you want to be kissed.

I do 2 on the chest, 1 on the back just below the neck and a small squirt on my right wrist.

tuco

Usually I do 1 on the top and bottem of each wrist....then do a 1-2 punch on the upperchest/lower neck.

However, depending on the scent these will be reduced or increased.

Examples...
    SMW gets 1 on bottem of wrist, but gets 3 from top wrist to forearm. Then I'll do 2-3 sprays in the upper chest/lower neck region.

Silver Cologne will get 1 spray on each bottem wrist and 1 spray on the upper chest/lower neck area

search the archives. this topic comes up 4 or 5 times a month. there's a large wealth of information on this topic there.

Speaking of....I just went CRAZY with "CLEAN" 10 sprays... ;D

4 to 6 on the sides and pulse points on my neck.

Quote Originally Posted by jacona
    Paraphrasing Coco Chanel, you should put fragrance anywhere you want to be kissed.
    Aww... I really don't want to put fragrance in my mouth/lips... The taste must be repulsive ;D

2 clean hits on the back of each ear = 4. 1/2 squitrt on each chest so thats 1 and another 1 full sprays on my right wrist. Another small squirt on my lower neck.

So thats around 7 full sprays. This lasts on my the whole day on whatever cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokra

Aww... I really don't want to put fragrance in my mouth/lips... The taste must be repulsive ;D
    ;D What can I say, women like to be kissed lots of other places than just the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by jacona

;D What can I say, women like to be kissed lots of other places than just the mouth.

It's getting warm in here :-*

I use 4 sprays on my chest and I reapply 1 or 2 times each day

You should never put anything on your neck or ears (kissing areas). Always apply to the back of your neck so when a woman leans in to hug you it's where he face/nose will be. Also if she tries to kiss your neck she wont taste it.

I do two shots on the chest one on my hands to apply to the back of my neck.

Shortly after reading this in a mens mag I started doing this and noticed it really does work.

For me its usually 2 on the neck, 1-2 on the chest, 1 on the back of my neck, and 1 more on my left wrist.

call me wierd, but i spray it on my crouch too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy

are you the MARQUS DE SADE

two sprays on the ads for me.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus

are you the MARQUS DE SADE

two sprays on the ads for me.

ladies love it, its absolutely to die for.

It depends on couple of factors:

1) the strength of the fragrance

2) your purpose (do you want to intimidate people or do you just want to smell good etc..)

3) your skin chemistry

4) the weather ( is it hot, warm or cold?)

I think the best way is to experiment and develop your own style. I have two things to say:

Word of Caution: Don't overdo it. It is better to apply lightly than choke other people.

Trick of the Trade: For "powerhouse" stuff (like A*Men, Le Male, Michael by Michael Kors, and others) two sprays on the chest with light clothing is best.
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy
    yup! used to do that some years back....

One on each wrist, one on each side of my neck, one to the chest. Less for more potent juice, more for the weaker sisters of the bunch.

you know the thing is knowing when its ok to apply more throughout the day. I usually apply right before i leave home and re apply about 3 hours later, every 3hours. But like you said, I dont want to kill anyone. I know I dont like women with killer perfume,nor will they want a man who showers in it LOL

definatly depends on the cologne but usally for strong ones its 3 sprays(a*men,Jpg) for middle strength its 4 sprays(cool water, mania) for lighter ones that stay close to my skin, 6 sprays(hugo boss, black) with applying half of the sprays to my upper chest and the other half to the inside of both my elbows.

Areas: Neck, Chest, Forearms. Anywhere that you sweat is a great place because once you're pours open they give off that sweet smell (no under arms). Apply as needed or depending on the strength.

yeah i just do two to the neck front and back and one to the heart then one in my hair. gonna try the divatologist application method also.

Totally agreed re the strength of the frag. With B*Men, A*Men, Chergui and other powerhouses, one spray to one wrist which I then rub on to the other wrist then one to the chest.

With other, more well-behaved frags, it's one to either side of the ear, one to the chest, one each to the inner wrists, then one to the crotch. Yes, the crotch, above the 'dingalings.' Lasts all day ... I'm also lucky that my skin type holds on to perfume for quite a while.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Depends on the frag for sure, however I usually go with 1 spray on the chest, 1 spray at the base of the neck in front, 1 on the back of the neck, 1 on the inside of the arm joint and 1 on the inside of the wrist of the other arm.

Depending on the concentration, but usually 1 or 2 to the neck to hit those two pulse points on the sides. 1 or 2 to the chest to hit that major pulse point. 1 or 2 to the wrist(if one spray, I put my wrist together to share the spray, no rubbing though, just a quick touch). So between 2-5 usually.
    Once Upon A Time In Nazi Occupied France...A Basterd's Work is Never Done ~ Inglourious Basterds

Wow, call me crazy but I've never sprayed on my hands etc. I usually do around 3 or 4 around my neck and throat.
    unico grande amore.

2 to 3 to the base of the neck under the cheek, depending on the strength

why behind the ears? that area barely breathes as it is, it cant be good for the skin...

I used to do one at the back of my neck and two to the chest, felt that I could smell myself longer that way. But now I do one at each side of my neck and one to the chest, makes the smell more intense for me. Maybe 3 sprays ain't enough for others to smell me, but then again I wear fragrance mostly for myself
    Current rotation: Dior Homme, Rochas Man, A*men, Silver Mountain Water, Green Irish Tweed, L'instant pour homme (EDT and EDP)

Curious about: M7, M7 Fresh, Rive Gauche, Desir de Rochas, Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille, Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille.

Question Re: How many sprays and where?.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    you know the thing is knowing when its ok to apply more throughout the day. I usually apply right before i leave home and re apply about 3 hours later, every 3hours. But like you said, I dont want to kill anyone. I know I dont like women with killer perfume,nor will they want a man who showers in it LOL
    How do you re apply every 3 hours when one is at work (office setting)? You take the bottle with you to work ?
    --- If your dog thinks you are the greatest person
    in the world, don't seek a second opinion ---

Wow. You guys put a lot. I put three, MAX. One on chest/neck area, one on stomach, and one on the forearms.
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!

It depends on the scent, but typically...

Two to the chest
    One on each inner elbow
    One on each side of the neck
    One on head (hair)

That may seem like a lot, but there is usually a good hour from when I apply my scent until I get to work, so by the time I get there the scent is tame. I also get good sillage that lasts most of the day...

The key to all this is knowing your scent. For example something potent like L'Instant Extreme EdP only gets 3-4 sprays max. Even a seemingly strong scent like Havana is quite manageable after 30 minutes, so you can spray a bit more liberally if you know you have some time to kill...

Exclamation Re: How many sprays and where?.

This thread amazed me the first time I read it, and it still does.

Partly because it is interesting to see how other people go about application and partly because I am pretty sure I have chanced across a few of the more "liberal" posters in this thread (or at least their American cousins) at some point.

Two to the chest for me, three for some fragrances, just above the heart. The resultant cumulus of scent surrounds me like a warm blanket, and offers up just enough to draw in anyone who dares come closer...

Quote Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post
    why behind the ears? that area barely breathes as it is, it cant be good for the skin...

you have a pulse point behind each ear

and they say it is good to hit your pulse points, whether or not your ears are a good spot I am not sure, because to me the perfume molecules will just rise, but then again who knows

Most times I hit my carotid neck pulse, 1-2x chest, inner elbows, and wrist

I used to spray a lot, about 5-6 (sometimes even 8 ) sprays every application. I want to be sure that everyone will smell my scent.

Now I only put 2-4 sprays - 2 on chest (or wrist), 2 on neck. Know what? Now I get more compliments than when I spray liberally. Maybe compliment is just the excuse for people to get closer and get another sniff.
    Last edited by cusut; 19th February 2009 at 04:03 AM.

I put on about 8-12 sprays, even as little as 3-5, if the scent is strong and long- lasting, mostly behind my earlobes and around my neck, and anywhere else... as good as never.

I do neck, chest, forearms...i'm biting my lips....sometimes.......sometimes....I know I shouldn't....face....i do each facial cheek.....i know i am breaking fragrance protocols by doing this, and i know that this is considered a sin, but sometimes I do it. It felt better getting that off my chest....
    Last edited by Maz24; 20th February 2009 at 02:02 AM.

Wow, call me a noob, but I never wear more than 3, two to chest and one spread between elbows (then again maybe I should, I rarely get compliments). In college I'm in very close proximity with people in classes all day and would rather not be offending to any of them. How close of proximity to people are some of you that apply upwards of 6 sprays?

Ouch, I take it I'm the only one who usually apply ONE spray. And that includes EDCs.
    Last edited by karisuma; 20th February 2009 at 04:26 AM.

Depends on the frag. EDTs generally aren't too strong on me so I spray once to the chest, once on each wrist, and once on each side of my neck.

EDPs seem much more potent so I usually just spray once to the chest and one small spray to each side of the neck.
    "Health food may be good for the conscience but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better" - Robert Redford