Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Floris, the expensive ____

Well, I just received a bottle of Cool Water today (thx Skott!). My first reaction...smells like Floris JF! That was my same reaction with Floris Santal, which smells a heck of a lot like Envy. Don't get me wrong--the Floris scents smell "smoother" and "more refined" than their designer counterparts, but damn if they don't smell *very* similar.

Speaking of which, I've been noticing that a lot of my stuff smells like a lot of my other stuff. For example, my Hermes Equipage smells eerily similar to my Paco Rabanne after it dries down for an hour or two. My Fendi Uomo smells vaguely like an older (and less "aquatic&quot version of Angel Schlesser Homme.

Now I wonder if half my scents smell like the other half...
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Floris, the expensive ____

The only Floris I've smelled that made an impression on me was Cefiro (see want list), but I will say that 1/4 of my collection does smell like another 1/4. Lately, I have been putting some on my swap list that fall into one of these 1/4's. Paradise smells like Competition yellow. Swiss Army smells like Cool Water (not enough to put either on my swap list). Pi smells like Pi fraiche. The list goes on. My goal is to start getting more scents that smell nothing like my other scents. Kenzo Jungle, Diptyque Philosykos, Hanae Mori, and others are quite original to my collection (stress to my collection). Amusingly enough, my boss wears a perfume that smells quite similar to Hanae Mori - but like I said, it isn't in my collection.

What fragrance does Floris No. 89 smell like?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drewstyle
    The only Floris I've smelled that made an impression on me was Cefiro (see want list), but I will say that 1/4 of my collection does smell like another 1/4. Lately, I have been putting some on my swap list that fall into one of these 1/4's. Paradise smells like Competition yellow. Swiss Army smells like Cool Water (not enough to put either on my swap list). Pi smells like Pi fraiche. The list goes on. My goal is to start getting more scents that smell nothing like my other scents. Kenzo Jungle, Diptyque Philosykos, Hanae Mori, and others are quite original to my collection (stress to my collection). Amusingly enough, my boss wears a perfume that smells quite similar to Hanae Mori - but like I said, it isn't in my collection.
    I couldn't agree more. I was on a retro kick for a long time, but now I'm primarily focused on eliminating redundancy, especially since I've passed the 50 bottle mark.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jowcoffee
    What fragrance does Floris No. 89 smell like?

Nothing really! It is truly special. A very understated, refined gentlemans fragance that is definitely worth a try. Not derivative of anything.

Eric