Code of Conduct

Default My Sad BdP Story.......

Ah, the joy of Bois du Potugal........or so I thought....

The other day, I sprayed some of this delightful juice on and got ready to go about my day.
    Upon walking in to the kitchen, I start hearing....."what the hell is that??"
    "Ooohhhh, that's the strongest, rankest fragrance I have ever smelled..." "That's just bad..."
    What?? This amazing stuff....? My wife says,"I'm going to go sit in the car..." ??? I say, "it'll dissipate quickly, just relax." My wife says,"well, we need to go shopping.."
    "O.K." I say, "I'll be ready soon......" she says,"no, we'll just go and be back in a little while..." My daughter says," maybe you can just hang here for a while and relax dad..."
    What's the deal here?? I thought this stuff was universally loved. I love it. You all love it. I didn't apply too much....I know it's potent, the most potent Creed to me. Too much and it'll blow your head clean off. It's a fresh bottle...what could be so offputting about it??!
    Help me understand my scented brethren. I need some closure on this issue....

Eric ??? ;D

Default Re: My Sad BdP Story.......

LOL! This sounds so familiar, I've been there too.
    But for some reason my wife and 9 year old daughter responded very positive on most creeds( SMW and GIT)
    Maybe it's the first sharpness of the topnotes of BdP that they don't like. My wife didn't like it in the beginning, but when it dried down she loved it.

don't listen to them.  They'll never 'get it'.    This stuff is great but incredibly powerful, though, and could probably have the same effect on people as chloroform if too much is applied... I haven't used it for awhile and sprayed a tiny bit on my hand this morning to get a reminder of what it was like, and after I scrubbed my hand with soap to remove it it's still very very present.  But it is so sad when people close to you HATE whay you're wearing.  I just bought a bottle of Serge Lutens' Chene, which I love and is definitely one of my all-time favorites, and the first comment I get is, and this is an exact quote, "What is that shit?  Never wear it again!"   :P  Too bad for them, because I still plan to wear it often!   ;D

Overcome By Fumes

Well, at least you know that it is good. Keep wearing it. Just bring it back maybe once every 7 to 10 days. Wear it lightly. it is not an easily accessible fragrance to all noses. Think of it as Rachmaninoff, when people are used to Chopin and Liberace. It will take a little while for their noses to adjust, and then ka-boom!--you will hear my favorite phrase: "That's wonderful, why haven't you worn one like that before?"

When I first tried BdP, the initial strength almost knocked me over. Give it time to dry down and the fragrance is just wonderful. My GF loves BdP on me and I always try to wear it when I am seeing her.

Some highly regarded fragrances do have strong opening, most notably Santal Noble with Bdp a close second. When I was shopping for a fragrance for my GF, I found that most Chanel's have a strong opening also.

tuco

The common person just doesn't know what smells good or are we the weirdos and is Acqua di Gio really the greatest scent in existence?
    People don't get why I like the urinal Kouros but then I don't understand the petting zoo smell of Muscs Koublai Khan.
    If you like it wear it! I just try wearing the scents my wife hates when I'm not around her.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Quote Originally Posted by tuco
    When I first tried BdP, the initial strength almost knocked me over.  Give it time to dry down and the fragrance is just wonderful.
    I agree 100% with that. BdP was my first Creed I ever tried and at first spray, I was very disappointed. I had just spent a lot of money for it and I thought I smelled exactly like my original Versace. But as I've learned with most good fragrances, the drydown on BdP is just amazing! As I said in an earlier post, I would put this on at least an hour before going out to wait for the drydown. ;D

Once when I wore this my wifes reaction was "That is terrible, you can trade that one away". The last several times, however, her opinion has been the exact opposite She even denied ever hating it

BdP is a beautiful fragrance, but it's not for everyone. This is NOT a mainstream fragrance. Almost everyone I have come across has hated this fragrance. BdP is not a fragrance made to please those around you; rather, BdP is a masculine elegant fragrance made for the wearers pleasure.

Just keep wearing it.... They can cope.

Hey hey Eric,

Long time no talk to my friend! Ummmm...I am surprised to learn that so many members here are writting negative accounts about BdP. Personally,I don't find BdP offense whatsoever. That being said...I have a simple solution to your problem. OK...here's what you do...next time you are going out with the family, spray yourself with a good amount of either KOUROS or...better yet...SMN ACQUA DI CUBA. Once your family get a good whiff of one of those (which as you may know are two my FAVORITES) you're family will BEG you to wear BdP!

Regards,
    SixCats!

Quote Originally Posted by SixCats
     OK...here's what you do...next time you are going out with the family, spray yourself with a good amount of either KOUROS or...better yet...SMN ACQUA DI CUBA.
    I still don't understand why people hate Kouros so much. It's just an awesome strong spicy scent. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by SixCats
    Hey hey Eric,

Long time no talk to my friend!  Ummmm...I am surprised to learn that so many members here are writting negative accounts about BdP.  Personally,I don't find BdP offense whatsoever.  That being said...I have a simple solution to your problem.  OK...here's what you do...next time you are going out with the family, spray yourself with a good amount of either KOUROS or...better yet...SMN ACQUA DI CUBA.  Once your family get a good whiff of one of those (which as you may know are two my FAVORITES) you're family will BEG you to wear BdP!

Regards,
    SixCats!

Hey SC!
    I will bathe in the Kouros the next time we go out!
    I love it. I gotta try the SMN. I love those off beat fragrances.
    I just wish those around us would develop their noses a bit. ;D
    I'll pick up some nasal packing for the family to use on days like the above!

Take care!
    Regards, Eric