Code of Conduct

Default Banana Republic Colognes

I happened to be in Banana the other day and smelled their "Classic" for men cologne. I thought it was pretty decent. It has a nice fresh scent that would be easy to wear during the day. Anyways I was just curious what the basenotes community thinks of it or other banana colognes?

Default Re: Banana Republic Colognes

Quote Originally Posted by jbaer
    Anyways I was just curious what the basenotes community thinks of it or other banana colognes?
    Very boring. <yawn>

I think it was the "classic" BR scent I had that made me think of the seasoning I use to fry things with. Sort of a peppery-corn meal kind of scent, and while it wasn't hideous it sure was an odd thing. I wound up giving it away and a few months later the guy gave it back to me. I eventually snuck it into a swap box as an extra and so far it has yet to return.

well alrighty then.....

well at least you guys are honest.....and occasionally humerous to boot....

Quote Originally Posted by jbaer
    well at least you guys are honest.....and occasionally humerous to boot....
    That's what makes this board particularly special. People are free to share their thoughts and opinions, and no one takes anything personally, even though fragrances are a very personal thing. It's like the perfect model for any interpersonal relationship ;D

Don't let negative reviews prevent you from wearing a scent that YOU enjoy! Likewise, I would recommend not buying blindly based on positive reviews. In the end, the only thing that matters is if YOU like it.

I'll get off of my pedestal now ;D

Ladylonestar

I've never tried the men's, but someone sent me a partial bottle of the women's, Banana Republic W. I'll need to re-sniff for description, but I recall that I actually liked it and thought seriously about ordering a full bottle. It's not at the top of my "want" list, but it's on it.

I kinda like classic. It's a good "jeans and polo shirt running errands" sorta scent.

Sorry for resurrecting a post, but I was at Banana yesterday and I rubbed sum MODERN on my wrists and it sure smelled good. Kinda run-of-the-mill but then our uniqueness is just like everybody else.

Gotham

These fragrances last about two hours on my skin....to me a waste of money.

Otto........ ;D
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

Serpent

Sorry, but the Banana Republic air freshener fragrances really are the poster children of boring perfumery.

ZZZZZZZZ...

I wandered into Banana Republic yesterday (they had an awesome pin striped blazer I wanted, but alas, no more in my size) and tried the M cologne. It smelled like a weaker version of Clinique's Happy for Men.

A decade or more ago I went through a few bottles of their first unisex fragrance, perhaps what they're calling "classic" now. I did say I went through several bottles, so obviously I thought it was pretty good. I also went through a bottle or two of CK One around the same time.

Jeff