Code of Conduct

Default Eau de Rochas Homme: what are you waiting for?

Ok, so apparently nobody is much familiar with this wonderful citrus scent. What can I say? You don't know what you're missing out on!

This baby is fresh, dry, green and bitter - a zestful fragrance to be worn all year round. It's persistant and addictive.

The bottle? A work of art: the clear glass is a slab with a wave-shaped relief on one side and the name in silver on the other. The lettering is evanescent: if you turn the bottle so that the opposite side is facing you, you won't see the lettering at all.

Default Re: Eau de Rochas Homme: what are you waiting for?

I love it. Just waiting for someone to swap it to me......... My decant is almost empty.

[blue]I couldn‚t agree more with your thoughts Leo. I've been wearing it constantly since it came out in 1993. I think *Eau de Rochas Pour Homme* is, really, a solid must-have and thoroughly versatile scent. It can basically be worn as a formal or casual scent, winter or summer, day or night. Not many scents you can say that about. It has refreshingly clean, predominantly lime/citrus and slightly fruity, but not overly sweet fruity, top and middle notes, which dry down to an honest, very natural, cozy, and thoroughly exquisite vetiver/cedar base. The vetiver is the more muted part of the drydown with the cedar dominating, but both will reassert themselves in surprising combinations given the environmental conditions and the heat generated by your body. The scent, in different conditions, always surprises in the drydown. Plus, it‚s one of those scents you can wear many times and never get sick of. It‚s one of my top ten scents and is beautifully constructed, a masterpiece, really. I thoroughly recommend it to all. I don‚t think there‚s anything out there that‚s quite like it. Incidentally, the nose behind the scent is the Greek born perfumer Nicolas Mamounas, who is also responsible for three other Rochas creation *Macassar* (1980), *Byzance* (1987), and *Globe* (1990). Mamounas quit his job as house perfumer for Rochas, settled in Provence, close to Grasse, and has set himself up as an independent perfumer, creating perfumes for those whom he recognizes as kindred spirits. Got to love the guy. He got out before they made him create an „acqua bleueš version of *Eau de Rochas PH*.[/blue]

Have it too - bought a new fresh bottle this summer...............and it IS a great scent!

Mic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Fantastic scent. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Leo

This baby is fresh, dry, green and bitter -

You are ringing all my bells....can't wait to try this one.

AZTEC

Wow I'm glad of these responses. I discovered EdRpH a couple of weeks ago and it was really an eye opener.
    Scentemental: thanks for the info about the perfumer. I had no idea it was a creation by the same person who made Macassar. For me, Macassar has a very important place in my fragrance world: now I gotta try Byzance and Globe!

Cheers!

I concur.....fantastic longlasting citrus!!!!!

Overcome By Fumes
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried this once... I hate to be the voice of dissent, but it hardly lasted on me and did not seem all that spectacular while I was wearing it. I was disappointed, as I like several from this house very much. Very few citrus do meet my criteria so I'm not sure I am the best one to criticize.

Yvan

I'd like to sing the praises of this almighty citrus. Just cracked another small bottle of it today...I really needed its lemon! The petitgrain helps lighten the lemon and spread its gospel...so do the green and floral notes. And the vetiver and cedar give it that solid foundation, that bada-bing, bada-boom. This citrus seems to have great dimension, stretching from the earth to the rarified air high above. I also seem to notice some slight medieval-type note...don't know what it it. Eau yeah!

Post Thanks / Like

I've never tried this one. Anyone know where it can be bought cheaply online?
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yvan
    I'd like to sing the praises of this almighty citrus.  Just cracked another small bottle of it today...I really needed its lemon!  The petitgrain helps lighten the lemon and spread its gospel...so do the green and floral notes.  And the vetiver and cedar give it that solid foundation, that bada-bing, bada-boom.  This citrus seems to have great dimension, stretching from the earth to the rarified air high above.  I also seem to notice some slight medieval-type note...don't know what it it.  Eau yeah!
    OK, OK...........will be my SOTD tomorrow!

Mic.

Post Thanks / Like

Always have enjoyed it very much. Impossible to get hold of here nowadays. Its a very mature citrus, without being stuffy or old. Good stuff, love the bottle too, probably one of the most beatiful bottles ever actually.

/MMM

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45
    I tried this once... I hate to be the voice of dissent, but it hardly lasted on me and did not seem all that spectacular while I was wearing it.  I was disappointed, as I like several from this house very much.  Very few citrus do meet my criteria so I'm not sure I am the best one to criticize.
    8)  Well, I'll be another dissenting voice.  I prefer Eau Sauvage, and Eau Fraiche, both by Dior.  I like Signoricci better, as well.  For me, Rochas is another house that made some women's scents that I love, while the men's line did not work for me.  Same with Givenchy, and Saint Laurent.

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells
    Go up top to the directory and when you find it, there's 2 links at the bottom of the page for retailers that carry it. I think it's PerfumeMart and PerfumeEmporium. Between $42-$45.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    Wow I'm glad of these responses. For me, Macassar has a very important place in my fragrance world: now I gotta try Byzance and Globe!
    Byzance? That's only a women's one, isn't it?

I bought it for my current ladyfriend (after I mistakenly told her I'd bought it for the previous one) on the strict condition that she never wears it around me. To my nose, it's a floral oriental which I dislike intensely.

Globe is good.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    Byzance? That's only a women's one, isn't it?

I bought it for my current ladyfriend (after I mistakenly told her I'd bought it for the previous one) on the strict condition that she never wears it around me. To my nose, it's a floral oriental which I dislike intensely.

Globe is good.
    Renato
    8) Byzance was created as a women's fragrance. I didn't care for that one, either. I used to love Madame Rochas . . . but it has been 'modernized,' with less than pleasing results. I don't know Globe.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I found this on perfumeemporium!
    for those of you wanting to order this for cheap do this, sign up for the beauty bucks and put my referral number,147437, its on the link. The coupon code gives you 20% off and you get $10 in credit just for signing up.

Sign-up is free and for a limited time receive 50,000 Free Beauty Bucks when you sign up. ($10.00 value)
    Also they are currently running a coupon promotion where you get 20% off any purchase. To redeem this coupon enter Coupon Code CW1920 on the order form during checkout.

http://www.perfumeemporium.com/beaut...rrernum=147437
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Post Thanks / Like

I too am a fan of this wonderfully crafted citrus scent. I bought this at 50% off and indeed "dollar for dollar" was one of the best bargain I had together with Gucci Envy which I bought almost at the same time. I remember I posted my comments on this Rochas masterpiece and expressed my delight on having bought a bottle at discount. ;D

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know where it can be bought cheaply online?
    Yep! Strawberrynet is selling it for $25 (unboxed) with free shipping.

http://secure.strawberrynet.com/inde...et=giftSpecial

scroll down!

Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jambo

Yep! Strawberrynet is selling it for $25 (unboxed) with free shipping.

Woops, that was for the women's version. Eau De Rochas Homme is $35 (boxed) incl. free shipping

Silly me

Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

If you want it boxed, have a look at

http://www.shoppersdirect.com.au/per....php?desid=780

Thats A$36 + A$16postage, which is around US$40, and you get one free (though the free one might only be a 50ml bottle).
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the link Renato.

2 for 1 at that price is very hard to pass up

Excellent!

Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent!

Jambo
    No problem. I've just ordered 11 bottles of the Benetton womens' perfumes from them (Hot, Cold and Colors). This should take care of a large number of presents this year.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

I love Eau de Rochas Homme. Fantastic citrus. Alas, I gave away the remnants of my 30 ml bottle. Now I must buy another!

Incidentally, there's a store here that sells the 30 ml bottle for $12...
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent!

Jambo
    I couldn't pass it up, and got my two 100ml spray bottles for A$36 (US$27).
    Renato
    Renato

3.4 oz. for $25.99 at Imagination Perfumery

http://www.imaginationperfumery.com/...p;category_id=

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    I couldn't pass it up, and got my two 100ml spray bottles for A$36 ś(US$27).
    Me neither - my two bottles arrived yesterday. I love this stuff . What a great blind purchase, what a great thread!

Cheers,

Jambo

There are several 3.4 ounce bottles of EDT of Eau de Rochas Homme for sale in eBay Stores starting at $24.99 (plus shipping)

http://search.ebay.com/Eau-de-Rochas-Homme

Griff

BTW, this is one citrus scent that I prefer in the after shave version. The EDT is too heavy for my skin.
    Griff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griff
    BTW, this is one citrus scent that I prefer in the after shave version. The EDT is too heavy for my skin.
    That's odd. I've always thought this a fairly light scent, which lasts around 5 hours on me (i.e. not a full working day).

I've got the after shave splash as well, and that lasts even less.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Try the original Eau de Rochas as well - this was originally created as a unisex fragrance but with the men's scent came the change of name to Eau de Rochas pour Femme...It is a wonderful citrus and sandalwood scent!

Top Notes: Sicilian lime, Calabrian mandarin, bergamot, tangerine, grapefruit
    Heart Notes: Wild rose, mountain narcissus
    Base Notes: Mysore sandalwood, Croatian oakmoss, amber

"Eau de Rochas is a refreshing eau de Cologne from the House of Rochas. An earthy natural, the cool chypre scent begins with tangy citrus notes, often called hesperides, tangy and uplifting. A floral heart adds depth, while woods, oakmoss and amber combine to create a lingering aura of deep green forest. The bottle is shaped like rock crystal and nestled in a box clothed with the cool colors of a fast-running stream--images reflective of the shimmering fragrance.
    from www.perfumemart.com

marlen

Quote Originally Posted by scenteur7
    Try the original Eau de Rochas as well
    I second that - it's really great. I love it's dry character. Although both are really excellent. I've tried to decide which one i enjoy more, but can never make up my mind - I like both equally, but for different aspects of the scents - ones to try, for sure.