Code of Conduct

Default For girls: Which male fragrance turns you on?

Please answer this question honestly. And advise from girls in the age between 16-30 is preferred!

Many thanks!

Default Re: For girls: Which male fragrance turns you on?

Just to get this topic on top.

I'm slightly older than 30, but I think most women will tell you clean skin smells great always. They'd also say that pretty much any fragrance can smell good if it's not over sprayed and perhaps most importantly, the man makes the scent. Being polite and respectful and overall a genuine and good person make the biggest impression. If you are those things, she'll pretty much like any fragrance you wear. Wear scents that give you the confidence to be who you are, the ones that make you comfortable in your own skin. Those a very attractive qualities in men.

Other than that, I think every woman has her personnel preference just like men do, it just varies, you can't categorize.

There is also the theory out there that women pick their mates by their natural smell, apparently they can tell whether your immune system is the best compliment to their immune system which would ensure the preservation of the species. In which case, there's nothing any of us can do about the power of attraction. ;D

Please let me know if you find any girls 16 - 30 here at Basenotes.

I'm a 26 year old male, and I recall the term "girls" being used in grade school, i.e. 1st to 6th grade.

I think "women" is a more appropriate word for females who are of the age to be "turned on".

Just my two pennies, but I think sometimes the little things make a difference on how we are perceived.

Most of the women I know like Acqua di Gio, Hugo, and Polo Blue.
    Often those are the primary men's scents they know by name.
    I have had plenty of female compliments on Guerlain Vetiver, Polo original, and Platinum Egoiste in particular.

Yvan

Finally, someone has posted a thread on this topic about what women like! I was wondering when we were going to get around to considering this! Thank you gladder! And welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by gladder
    Just to get this topic on top.
    please don't bump your posts to the top for no reason. pretty much natural selection, if it's of interesting, people will respond and it will work itself out. there's no need to bump.

Gimme a break......here we go again......... :

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Yvan
    Finally, someone has posted a thread on this topic about what women like! ╩I was wondering when we were going to get around to considering this!
    Haha... LOL

gladder - you might want to do a quick search of previous posts. Something tells me somebody has asked this question before

Uhhm well,

I've searched the board, but there is no POLL about this topic :P

If I'm wrong, then post me the link plz.

Gladder

P.s. I expected Jean Paul Gaultier to be the Ladykiller ;D but the poll says other things

While there hasn't been anything worded exactly like this, the topic comes up 4 to 5 times a week and irritates the hell out of numerous people here as it usually is a result of not having the courtesy to search the archives for the same topic.

Ok I'm sorry then. I've really searched the board for a poll like this. Many threads but no polls. Strange that I couldn't find them :s Could you please send me a link?

I'm really interested in previous results.

Thanks,

Gladder

Quote Originally Posted by jacona
    I think most women will tell you clean skin smells great always. ╩They'd also say that pretty much any fragrance can smell good if it's not over sprayed and perhaps most importantly, the man makes the scent. ╩Being polite and respectful and overall a genuine and good person make the biggest impression. ╩If you are those things, she'll pretty much like any fragrance you wear. ╩Wear scents that give you the confidence to be who you are, the ones that make you comfortable in your own skin. ╩Those a very attractive qualities in men. ╩

Other than that, I think every woman has her personnel preference just like men do, it just varies, you can't categorize.
    moderators, if there is another topic like this started. you should leave this message and shut it down

Quote Originally Posted by sbbbjm

moderators, if there is another topic like this started. ╩you should leave this message and shut it down ╩
    Ditto

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

I also appreciate the suggestion to the mods, but if I started taking out posts that irritated me/were redundant that wouldn't send a good message about censorship....it would end the constant Creed threads though

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G.
    I also appreciate the suggestion to the mods, but if I started taking out posts that irritated me/were redundant ╩that wouldn't send a good message about censorship....it would end the constant Creed threads though ╩

Exactly Paul. Rather than complain about these redundant topics, just skip by them and save the time. Also will help to keep the thread from rising back to the top.

Yvan

I have a suggestion...maybe it's come up before...but what if you or Basenotes makes this topic a "sticky" at the top of the thread column, one thread including all the threads you listed a few posts back, with a title like, "Scents women like on men--read before posting to this thread," or something like that. That way all our new friends here will see that and hopefully search and post within that one thread.

Also, good work, Paul, compiling links to all those threads!

And I feel a bit sorry for our new friend gladder, since this was one of his first threads here...stick around, gladder, you'll find that we're a very friendly bunch.

If none of the mods respond to this, I'll post it again in the "Suggestions" area.

I am curious to see the results of this poll, but I can't without voting and I am not a girl ???

I agree with Yvan. Piling on to the new guy for asking this question, which admittedly IS very tiring for those of us who've been kicking around Basenotes for a while, is fairly counterproductive and gives him the wrong impression of what this place is all about. We're here to exchange friendly opinions and advice, etc., about a shared passion, after all.

The sticky thread about this topic seems like a good idea to me...

Thanks Paul, Ivan and all others for voting!!! I really appreciate it.

All those earlier threads are nice, but a poll like this is even nicer because you don't have to search for which fragrence is liked the most! Thats why I made a poll!

Gladder

notice how this question has not yet had any real replies... This thread has just ultimately proved that there are no younger women on basenotes!

Quote Originally Posted by savoia
    notice how this question has not yet had any real replies... This thread has just ultimately proved that there are no younger women on basenotes!
    I will admit to voting just to see the results. Several people are also right, we haven't been fair to give Gladder a hard time. While I'll admit the topic makes me batty, he's been really cool about it even with some of us (myself included) being surly. Welcome to the list Gladder

Since I am not a girl... and am not voting in category. But Mr Moderator, if you could come up with another topic, which reads like this :- For guys: Which male fragrance turns you on?

That is another topic to look into also, don't you think so?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by diaboliqueguan
    Since I am not a girl... and am not voting in category. But Mr Moderator, if you could come up with another topic, which reads like this :- ╩For guys: Which male fragrance turns you on?

That is another topic to look into also, don't you think so?

Cheers!
    The only reason that I'm putting the sticky in the first place is due to the intense aggraviation caused by the "chicks dig thread" coming up repeatedly. I can only remember twice the subject of which scents do guys dig on guys coming up. However I will change the wording of the title and add that section as well so I don't get bitched at by people. I'll search the archives and put it up after the football games are over.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G.

The only reason that I'm putting the sticky in the first place is due to the intense aggraviation caused by the "chicks dig thread" coming up repeatedly. ╩I can only remember twice the subject of which scents do guys dig on guys coming up. ╩However I will change the wording of the title and add that section as well so I don't get bitched at by people. ╩I'll search the archives and put it up after the football games are over. ╩
    For whatever reason, the tune "It's the End of the World" by R.E.M. is stuck in my head.

Paul, since we're on a "Sticky Extravaganza", could you be so kind as to add one titled "Fragrances that Make My Dog Chase His Tail Until He Falls Over"? I know I've seen this question asked time and time again on this board, and I think the "sticky" treatement for this question would be a great service to all.

Thanks for your consideration,
    Jim

None of the above mentioned scents but I am 32 so please, disregard my opinion. :P

Many many thanks for all the votes and replys. However the votes are stuck on 82 and I really want 100 votes to draw any conclusions on which is the best fragrance! It seems like a close battle between Acqua di Gio and Jean Paul Gaultier, only 1 vote difference. So I hope we'll have a clear winner after 100 votes.

Please keep in mind that I only need advise from girls (and preferable in the age between 16 - 30). No offence to the guys or the older ladies

Thanks again!

Many many thanks for all the votes and replys. However the votes are stuck on 82 and I really want 100 votes to draw any conclusions on which is the best fragrance! It seems like a close battle between Acqua di Gio and Jean Paul Gaultier, only 1 vote difference. So I hope we'll have a clear winner after 100 votes.
    Errr... it's pretty clear that the true winner is going to be
    Other 27 (32.9%)

followed by
    Male fragrances won't turn me on!!! 14 (17%)

Please keep in mind that I only need advise from girls (and preferable in the age between 16 - 30). No offence to the guys or the older ladies

Thanks again!
    And sorry but I seriously doubt there are any votes from the a/m group in your poll anyway... :
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darŘber muss man schreiben."

Yvan

It seems like a close battle between Acqua di Gio and Jean Paul Gaultier, only 1 vote difference.
    I say get a small bottle of each...it's simpler!

It's like, what if you buy Acqua di Gio, and you meet the woman of your dreams, and she actually prefers Le Male? ╩Or vice versa? ╩If you have a small handful of frags, that'll increase your chances. ╩I love da laydeez, but if I based my purchases solely on what they like, I'd be one messed-up dude. ╩Just go for what you like, and trust the Force, Luke! ╩Don't be seduced to the dark side like Vader. Besides, you'd never get any sillage from inside that big black leather suit.

Sorry for bumping up my topic, but i still need 6 (honest!!!) votes to complete my survey.

Many Thanks,

Gladder

If you're asking girls which male fragrance turns them on then why are you asking this question on the male forum? Doesn't it make more sense to post this on the female fragrance discussion?
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Thats a goodone Azzsmells. How stupid can I be :-/ lol