Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default The best  Basenotes Thread

Well,
    I think nobody has ever written such wonderfull and understandable words about classic scents like The -Odor!! So my best thread:
    A Tribute to the Classics of Scent

Let's go, folks, search the database of your minds and bring us back the best of basenotes!!

Why So Serious?
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The best  Basenotes Thread

any thread by Jigga! Just teasing.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Creed Spice & Wood
    5. Bond 9 Harrods Oud

Post Thanks / Like

RCavs,
    thanks for your high appreciation, but if we're talking Tribute thread, I think honourable Milamber's name should be mentioned here as well. It wouldn't happened at all without him having started that thread.

Thought it's quite hard to pick one since I don't take Basenotes as a number of threads. It's sort of like Indian music (e.g. Ravi Shankar), which has no particular melody but is an endless and everchanging stream of beautiful sounds.

That said, anyway, mine pick would be "how open are you with your habit" from Ernie Gallo's Clinic section. It just gave me a good kick into realizing what does this whole "fragrance thing" matter to me. 8)

Regards, Odor.
    "One man's "cat piss" is another one's "masterpiece" (popular fragrance wisdom)

Post Thanks / Like

That reminds me of something I was thinking the other night--my favorite Basenotes reviews, posts, etc.

I think my favorite reviews have to be the ones for Hermes Equipage.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs
    So my best thread:
    A Tribute to the Classics of Scent

Let's go, folks, search the database of your minds and bring us back the best of basenotes!!  
    Me too, I consider *A Tribute to the Classics of Scent* to be the best thread. I even mapped it from html to doc format and saved on my harddrive!
    Rulez forever!