Code of Conduct

Default Best fragrance for job interview?

As you can see, I'm new to this forum and find it very resourceful.
    I also understand the de-facto general rule as far as job interviews go is "don't wear anything".
    However, times have changed and any suggestions would be appreciated; I just want to cement a good first impression.

Why So Serious?
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Best fragrance for job interview?

I had quite a few interviews before, some i didnt wear any frag, some i wore something very very light, something citrus and fresh, definitely not woody or sweet. But if the interviewer is a woman, then it might be another story. I applied for a job at the American Eagle Outfitters retailer about 4 years go, and i wore Sexual Pour Homme to the interview, it was a nice lady that interviewed me, didn't know what she thought about my frag at the time, but i got the job, that was all i knew. ;D
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Creed Spice & Wood
    5. Bond 9 Harrods Oud

Post Thanks / Like

Well, a couple of years ago I had an interview and wore way too much 1805 by Truefitt & Hill. I got offered the most incredible job with the most incredible benefits and my current employer decided to match everything to get me to stay.
    The moral of the story is..........you just never know if someone will like the fragrance or what effect it will have, etc. I say just wear a small amount of what makes you comfortable and confident.
    Good luck!!!

Eric ;D

Post Thanks / Like

I think Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien is a perfect interview scent. Her Eau de Monsieur would also be good, but I sure like Eric's story about T&H's 1805.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

As someone who has interviewed many, I would recommend that you go light on the application. Many HR interview rooms are small, and that will amplify your fragrance.

something very very light, maybe Armani Mania what do you guys think? Only been on one job interveiw and I wore 212 CH on my neck and Lactose on my wrist, at the end I turn down the job(didn't like the job when I found about it in full detail)

Deodorant.

You can NEVER go wrong with Bvlgari pour Homme!

Mic.

Post Thanks / Like

The only fragrance I would EVER think about wearing at a job interview is Gendarme.

#

Kingdom or Kouros....

.....just kidding. I agree with Mic,Bvlgari PH would be a perfect choice.

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by jowcoffee
    Deodorant.
    Ya know, that's really not a bad idea. This may sound silly, but some days I don't wear any cologne to work and I have had MANY people (guys and girls) tell me how nice I smell and ask me what I'm wearing. But it's only since I started using this new deodorant (and I must say, I'm a little heavy on the underarm application) that I've gotten these comments.

What is it ?

Old Spice's new "Glacial Falls". It comes in both antiperspirant and deodorant.

I know, I know ... this may sound silly for a fragrance forum but don't knock it till you've tried it. I was a die hard OS Sport deodorant user till they came out with Glacial Falls and now I'm hooked.

Hey, how could it hurt. It's about 3 bucks at the supermarket ;D ;D ;D

Funny your should mention Old SPice Glacial Falls deodorant; I saw an advert for it in a magazine which has a fold-over page holding the scent of it within... so I bought some! It's still sitting unused in the cabinet because I'm still using my unscented deordorant - but I agree, the Glacial Falls does smell good. I'll have to use it this weekend.

As for the other person who specified Armani Mania - it was my SOTD when I decided to post this message, as I thought it may have been a decent one to wear for an interview.

Keep the suggestions/comments coming!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go with Mugler Cologne
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Geir

Post Thanks / Like

from the top of my head...

- Lanvin L'Homme
    - Alain Delon Samourai
    - Allure Homme Sport
    - Cuiron PH
    - Jean Luc Amsler's Prive Homme
    - Eau de Cartier (regular)
    - ODEUR 53 (most probably)

Hope this helps.

Regards, Odor.
    "One man's "cat piss" is another one's "masterpiece" (popular fragrance wisdom)

8) This decision depends on the job for which you are interviewing.

I interviewed recently with a high end dept store and wore Bulgari Pour Homme to the interview. The position is for sales associate in......FRAGRANCE ;D

I got the job.

GnuGnuAntiloop

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells
    I'd go with Mugler Cologne

Great choice - I'd go with that one too Or anything else light, fresh and inoffensive! I rather play safe than take the risk that my fragrance gets on the interviewer's nerves...

T

Tm cologne, bulgari pour homme, Lanvin L'homme, Most of the Issy, Polo blue, even Acqua di Gio will do. Those are pretty light scents and won't offend other ppl close, probally that is.

Also dont use Jicky, don't use Kouros, and other strong scent that ppl love or hate. Personally I hate Jicky, don't know why the James Bond actors like it. It just plain strange and more stranger! It's ok after awhile after the dry down, but the Top notes makes me want to puke.

Just apply little as u probally sit pretty close the interviewer.

For a higher level job I will vote for Platinum Egoiste, Herrera for men, and one of those Guerlain as it's still cold up North. The new guerlain L'instant of Guerlain is not that bad when i smell it. Remember apply light 1 spray or 2 spray with walking through method is enough!

Those cologne listed above sound somewhat young, so if u want the respect of an older man. Try something old...... No flaming PLEASE!!!!!!

Just a thought