Code of Conduct

Default That special person, That special scent?

I know Basenotes has had enough of the Îwhat fragrance gets the girlsâ threads, but Valentines Day is on the way, so I though some of us could share a story or two about a scent that produces memories (fond or not) of a loved one, and why.

For me A*men is very significant, as it reminds me of my girlfriend and the many small milestones in our young relationship.
    In fact A*men was bought the day I went on our first date. Not so much to impress her, but I thought it would match my personality.

We have been strong ever since.
    My girlfriend is away for two months and A*men just helps bring back the good times whilst she is gone.

Anyone else willing to give an insight into their world?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: That special person, That special scent?

Mine would be ƒgo•ste: hub found it because of me and when we got married we both wore it!

On our first date I wore Salvador Dal’, the original women's scent, quite "traditional" and "Mediterranean", with orange blossom, jasmine, rose, myrrh and amber notes.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

One day I found myself in love with a beautiful blonde girl. And she wear - what a mediocrity! - L`eau par Kenzo (well, it was like an epidemy of white Kenzo in Russia - almost every girl smells like it!!!)

And I found myself A-D-O-R-I-N-G this scent just because of that girl. I found it complex and almost equal to Perfect Scent!!!

Now we are apart, and Kenzo-mania in Russia gone away - but still I`m going horny every other time I recognize that scent on some girl on a streets...
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Romance Silver by Ralph Lauren takes me back to meeting my fiancee.

Nice thread! It's Egoiste for me also. I wore this when I met my wife for the fist time, when I was on a holliday in Greece in 1990. I hated it (at that time) but she loved it!

My long-term girlfriend absolutely loved Hugo (Hugo Boss) and asked my parents to buy me a bottle for Christmas one year.

I always wore it when would go out some place special, or there was some occasion on (birthdays, anniversaries, etc). As such, it evokes many memories of good times.

Sadly, after many years, we broke up about twelve months ago, but remain good friends. I continue to wear Hugo, but never on special occasions as its time has passed for me.

Occasionally, a girl will still compliment me on Hugo. When this happens I feel a small pang of guilt - as if she has noticed something that shouldn't have been shared - and then I smile a little and thank her.

Once I knew a girl who really loved Jean Patou pH... Guess I didn't wear it enough! :'(

Creed Spring Flower and Angelique Encens bring fond memories of my Girlfriend

I know that everyone here has a story to tell.
    And there are some very good story tellers at that!

Anyone else care to share before 'natural selection' takes its rightful action?

my friend Justin wore it all the time and i had thebiggest crush on him for the longest time.

For me, Acier Aluminum by Creed seems to have the "in through the door, jump right to the sack" effect on my Valentine's dates 8)

But in most memorable date (and relationship that actually lasted longer than a month), I was wearing freaking Hai Karate...I was douze (12), so I think it's rather forgivable on my part ;D

Hi, for me it's

CdG 2 Eau de Parfum..

(...and Hanae Mori....)

8)

Why So Serious?
    Post Thanks / Like

I remembered my first date with my gf a while back. I wore Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme, i thought it really suited the romantic occassion. It ended up to be a good thing i wore it, DG has been very popular here, sometimes she told me she smells it on some other guys on campus, so she thinks about me and our incredible first date, DG was definitely icing on the cake for me. But i guess to this date, the cologne just doesn't really matter anymore cuz the relationship is deep, know wat i mean. Now i just wear some gourmands when i'm with her cuz she likes this type of scents.

D&G PH 4 life!
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Creed Spice & Wood
    5. Bond 9 Harrods Oud

Post Thanks / Like

When I was 15 I had a girlfriend who was 16. Because of the age difference she took herself to be a woman of the world and therefore tell me what to do (okay!). She said she wanted me wearing Aramis and I thus discovered what being wrapped around a woman's little finger meant, because Aramis was all I wore through a hot summer.

She wore Halston Night. Halston Night is gone but when I used to smell it, and when I smell Aramis during hot weather, I think about how the young and undeserving get all the fun.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, when I met my other half....
    I was wearing Calandre by Paco Rabanne and Hiris - Hermes alternately!
    He seemed to love it - albeit unconsciously..
    and then he started wearing Jungle P Homme....
    I can't smell any of these frangrances now without smiling and feeling a slight rush...!

That special person in my life is 19 and I'm 29 so there is a age difference of a decade involved but I still feel "wrapped" sometimes and wear fragrances that I know she loves. Her favorite fragrance is Claiborne Sport an inexpensive offering that gets the most compliments of anything I wear. We were in TJ Maxx about six months ago just shopping and looking at their fragrances when she commented how much she loved Claiborne Sport. We hadn't been dating very long and I wanted to impress this little lady so I promptly ordered a 3.4 oz tester for $16-17 thinking such a minimal investment could never be a waste. I wore it to work a couple of times before I ever wore it around her and it never failed to get at least a compliment a day. Compliments from younger ladies and compliments from older ladies just seemed to come out of the woodwork when I wore this "second rate" edt. Don't get me wrong, I don't wear it just to get compliments as I actually like the fragrance a lot---I just wanted to tell the story of my special scent that was recommended by my special person. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by cookesoul
    That special person in my life is 19 and I'm 29 Ę ;D
    Lucky you....

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I can't stand Clinique Happy for Women. My ex wore it all the time and I never liked it (even when I was with her). Now, everytime I smell it, I think of her.

my ex-gfs remembers fahrenheit as a sorrowful scent. i seem to wear this everytime i break up with someone. =\