Code of Conduct

Default Received FM Samples

I received my FM samples yesterday and to my surprise they were in vials after I was told they would be fragrance cards. I had requested Musc Ravageur, and along with that they sent Noir Epices, Angeliques Sous La Pluie, and Bigarade Concentree.

Musc Ravageur is excellent and definitely lived up to the reviews I've read. Perfect blend of cinnamon and musk. Definitely will be purchasing this one in the near future. But I'm curious.... I did a search of past postings on the oil, and found some have said it's richer and fuller than the EDT, but does it last longer?

Noir Epices is a very nice fragrance but to me it's definitely feminine. The note description from their site is: "Long on nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and pepper, Michel Roudnitska's scent is topped with orange and geranium and backed by precious woods, including sandalwood and patchouli." Well I don't get any of that at all when I smell it. To me it smells purely floral.

Angeliques Sous La Pluie is a soft, floral, scent with a hint of musk. In the BN directory someone reviewed that they smell a "gin and tonic" quality which I also got strongly in the beginning, but that subsides after a few minutes. Although a beautiful fragrance I also find this one to be more of a feminine scent.

Bigarade Concentree: Not at all impressed. An unoriginal, boring citrus fragrance.

Default Re: Received FM Samples

I only got the cards. That Musc Ravageur does sound good to me. I was wrong about Vetiver Extraordinaire.I didn't like it at first, but when I got a sample from another store I started to like it better.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree: Musc Ravageur is the best FM for me as well.
    Unluckily no offers on ebay at all.

Bigarade Concentree I also found very common in the beginning. But in the beginning only!
    This juice is awesome! It reminds me of the sun nowadays! I wonder if there is a difference between Cologne Bigarade and Bigarade Concentree apart from the intensity. Do you get exactly the same notes out of these two?
    Vetiver Extraordinaire is also very good.
    Angeliques sous la pluie I liked right from the start but I don't care for it at the moment.

dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

I tried some FM scents. Angelique very watery and as you say feminine.
    Noir Epices was not deep and dark as expected but light and peppery.

how long did it take you to get the samples?

Post Thanks / Like

Think I waited two weeks for them to arrive.
    Actually I thought they forgot me. ;D
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

Maybe I need to test it some more then. That was my initial impression. I've only tried the concentree so I can't compare the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed
    I agree: Musc Ravageur is the best FM for me as well.
    Unluckily no offers on ebay at all.

Bigarade Concentree I also found very common in the beginning. But in the beginning only!
    This juice is awesome! It reminds me of the sun nowadays! I wonder if there is a difference between Cologne Bigarade and Bigarade Concentree apart from the intensity. Do you get exactly the same notes out of these two?
    Vetiver Extraordinaire is also very good.
    Angeliques sous la pluie I liked right from the start but I don't care for it at the moment.

I called Barney's on Monday and received the samples yesterday (Friday).

Quote Originally Posted by machineo
    how long did it take you to get the samples?

Serpent

Malle's Vétiver Extraordinaire is, hands down, the best vetiver scent I've ever encountered. Guerlain Vetiver, Goutal Vétiver, Route du Vétiver, Lanvin Vetyver - all pale before this masterpiece from Éditions de Parfums. Few scents displays such texture, such moisture, such richness and almost palpable earthiness as this gem. It's the vetiver scent to convert even die-hard vetiver haters.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed
    Think I waited two weeks for them to arrive.
    Actually I thought they forgot me.  ;D
    yours came from france right? gemini guy was smart and ordered from barneys

I`ve read some reports about MR oil - and people just was not impressed by that oil.
    The scent is quite the same but stays very close to skin and it could go ONLY for layering - even in summerdays.
    Those people said that it was pushing them to trade it after the first week.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Serpent

I would think the oil might be an item used for during or after baths (such products are more common in women's scent lines) or perhaps for massages, hence something used when one expects to have someone in very close proximity to the surface of one'sskin, if you catch my drift...

I have the oil and the EdT. The oil has more of that soft cocoa musky thing going on and much less (maybe even absentee) cinammon. I think it would wear better in warmer weather than the EdT. Its not as bright or as potent, staying much closer to the skin as oils would tend to do. As Serpent suggested, it would make a lovely massage oil for those special skin to skin evenings.

Hmmm....sounds interesting. Guess I'll have to get both.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsational
    I have the oil and the EdT. The oil has more of that soft cocoa musky thing going on and much less (maybe even absentee) cinammon. I think it would wear better in warmer weather than the EdT. Its not as bright or as potent, staying much closer to the skin as oils would tend to do. As Serpent suggested, it would make a lovely massage oil for those special skin to skin evenings.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a decant of the musk and I agree it has a great chocolate drydown. Never tried the EdT. Anyone have a link where I can order this stuff from?
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

"Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darŁber muss man schreiben."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I've seen this site but it has prices in euros. Is there anywhere in the US that has a price list in dollars? I tried Barney's site but I can't find this stuff to order on there.

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I think you can only place orders over the phone, not through the site. Here are the prices though.
    MR Oil-$75 for 1.7oz
    EDT-$90 for 1.7
    $135 for 3.4
    I spoke with Kash in the NYC location. He was very helpful. The number is 212 826 8900.

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells
    Thanks. I've seen this site but it has prices in euros. Is there anywhere in the US  that has a price list in dollars? I tried Barney's site but I can't find this stuff to order on there.