Code of Conduct

Default New Artisan - Bottega Veneta candle

Artisan Parfumeur has teamed up with Italian leather luxe company Bottega Veneta to release a scented candle. It's lovely - smoky, leathery, hints of flowers and the acid tang of cut grass.

Notes are listed as Lapsang Souchong tea, "evening rain", iris, freshly cut hay, leather and chimney smoke.

Real fashion victims can buy a woven leather holder for the candle.

I believe Olivia Giacobetti (once again) is the nose. I reckon it might even be better than her recent Diptyque-Galliano creation. If her forthcoming leather scent for Frederic Malle is anything like this, it's going to be a belter!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New Artisan - Bottega Veneta candle

Thanks Mike!
    Dude that Galliano candle is utterly amazing... I really wish theyĞd make it into a real scent instead of the room one.

MMM

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I'm almost glad candles don't get talked about more here at Basenotes, because then I would be bankrupt! :P

;D

#

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyManMatt
    Thanks Mike!
    Dude that Galliano candle is utterly amazing... I really wish theyĞd make it into a real scent instead of the room one.

MMM
    Me too. The Bottega V candle is similar but better in my opinion. The good news is that Olivia Giacobetti often covers the same territory (Premier Fig & Philosykos; Passage d'Enfer & Ether d'Iunx) so there is a fair chance that her next perfume for Frederic Malle will reflect her experiments with leather notes for Galliano and Bottega. Or at least I hope so.

Hi Matt!
    I often wear the Diptyque JG parfum d'ambiance as a personal fragrance and love it...........It works for me!!! Reminds me of entering the foyer at Santa Maria Novella in Florence..............

Cheers,
    Marlene

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Marlene,
    yes I know that Marlen (s7) also uses the room spray. IĞm just paranoid bout stuff like taht I guess.... ;D

MMM

Post Thanks / Like

I saw in a magazine that there were 2 different candle holders: one in tan leather and the other in white.