Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain: Somers, NY ??

Recently I noticed -- for the first time, I think -- that the label on my 20+ year old bottle of Habit Rouge says, "Guerlain, Inc. Somers, NY." Does anyone know what this is about? Maybe Guerlian used to have a US distributor based in NY?

Thanks
    Chuck

Default Re: Guerlain: Somers, NY ??

I think you're right. Maybe it was the U.S. distributor at that time.

you could check with the Guerlain office in Manhattan:

Guerlain Incorporated

19 E 57TH St Ste 7
    New York, NY 10022-2508
    Phone: (212) 931-2400

or else here:

Somers Chamber of Commerce
    325 Route 100, Somers, NY
    914-276-3904

regards,
    Marcello
    [font=verdana][url=http://del.icio.us/scentedpages][b]my bookmarks on del.icio.us[/b][/url][/font]
    [font=verdana][url=http://www.nstperfume.com/perfume-books/][b]my book reviews on NST[/b][/url][/font]
    [font=verdana][url=www.scentedpages.com][b]ScentedPages.com[/b][/url][/font]

Quote Originally Posted by SFolfactory View Post
    Recently I noticed -- for the first time, I think -- that the label on my 20+ year old bottle of Habit Rouge says, "Guerlain, Inc. Somers, NY." Does anyone know what this is about? Maybe Guerlian used to have a US distributor based in NY?

Thanks
    Chuck
    I'm very late to this thread, however my Google Search came up with the entry. I'm trying to research a vintage [sic] bottle of Jicky that I purchased last month, and the label on mine also says Somers, NY and gives a zip code too! Obviously my bottle is a reproduction of an earlier bottle style, because when this particular bottle shape was used, zip codes hadn't yet been invented!

Chuck, did you find out anything more on this topic?

Sadie
    The anti-niche biche. I do not believe that excessive cost comes with a guarantee of quality. Perfume snobs beware - when you flare your nostrils like that, I can see the boogers.

Please notice that the original date for this document was 12/30/1924! Maybe this is the location of their warehouse? I also saw this address used for a trucking company listing.

GUERLAIN
    By: GUERLAIN INC.
    PERFUMES, EAU DE COLOGNE, TOILET WATERS, [ BATH SALTS, ] FACE CREAM; FACE, TALCUM, AND BATH POWDERS, LOOSE AND IN COMPACT FORM [ ; HAIR TONICS, MOUTH WASHES, ROUGES, AND PERFUMES FOR PERFUME BURNERS, TOOTH PASTES, AND TOOTH POWDERS, ]
    Perfect for these industries

Words that describe this logo

Metal Products

perfumes eau cologne toilet waters bath salts face cream face talcum bath powders loose compact form
    This is a brand page for the GUERLAIN trademark by GUERLAIN INC. in Somers, NY, 10589. Write a review about a product or service associated with this GUERLAIN trademark. Or, contact the owner GUERLAIN INC. of the GUERLAIN trademark by filing a request to communicate with the Legal Correspondent for licensing, use, and/or questions related to the GUERLAIN trademark.
    On Thursday, June 26, 1924, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for GUERLAIN by GUERLAIN INC., Somers, NY 10589. The USPTO has given the GUERLAIN trademark serial number of 71199163. The current federal status of this trademark filing is REGISTERED AND RENEWED. The correspondent listed for GUERLAIN is DAVID EHRLICH of FROSS ZELNICK LEHRMAN & ZISSU PC, 866 UNITED NATIONS PLAZA, NEW YORK, NY 10017 . The GUERLAIN trademark is filed in the category of Metal Products . The description provided to the USPTO for GUERLAIN is PERFUMES, EAU DE COLOGNE, TOILET WATERS, [ BATH SALTS, ] FACE CREAM; FACE, TALCUM, AND BATH POWDERS, LOOSE AND IN COMPACT FORM [ ; HAIR TONICS, MOUTH WASHES, ROUGES, AND PERFUMES FOR PERFUME BURNERS, TOOTH PASTES, AND TOOTH POWDERS, ].
    Word Mark: GUERLAIN
    Status/
    Status Date: REGISTERED AND RENEWED
    9/8/2004
    Serial Number: 71199163
    Filing Date: 6/26/1924
    Registration Number: 0193391
    Registration Date: 12/30/1924
    Goods and Services: PERFUMES, EAU DE COLOGNE, TOILET WATERS, [ BATH SALTS, ] FACE CREAM; FACE, TALCUM, AND BATH POWDERS, LOOSE AND IN COMPACT FORM [ ; HAIR TONICS, MOUTH WASHES, ROUGES, AND PERFUMES FOR PERFUME BURNERS, TOOTH PASTES, AND TOOTH POWDERS, ]
    Mark Description: NOT AVAILABLE
    Type Of Mark: TradeMark
    Published For Opposition Date: N/A
    Last Applicant/Owner: GUERLAIN INC.
    Somers, NY 10589
    Why is this contact information displayed?
    Mark Drawing Code: Drawing with Words in Stylized form(75% Reduction of drawing size)
    Design Search: (NO DATA)
    Register Type: Principal
    Disclaimer: (NOT AVAILABLE)
    Correspondent:
    DAVID EHRLICH
    FROSS ZELNICK LEHRMAN & ZISSU PC
    866 UNITED NATIONS PLAZA
    NEW YORK, NY 10017
    Last edited by Sadie; 8th November 2011 at 04:51 PM. Reason: adding information
    The anti-niche biche. I do not believe that excessive cost comes with a guarantee of quality. Perfume snobs beware - when you flare your nostrils like that, I can see the boogers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadie View Post
    Please notice that the original date for this document was 12/30/1924! Maybe this is the location of their warehouse?
    Could very well be.

I believe that the fragrances for the US market were "Blended in the USA--Essence Imported From France", to quote a label of vintage Shalimar Cologne with the same address and zip. Is this where the blending/bottling were going on?