Code of Conduct
    cap2j

Default What is about Aqua di Gio and women?

What is about Aqua di Gio and women?
    Every girl is crazy about this stuff..... I don't get it, Ęthey are crazy about this stuff. And another but not so much is Dolce & Gabbana.

Default Re: What is about Auga di Gio and women?

I only think girls from the age group 12 to 23 like this fragrance. More mature girls prefer different things.

Default Re: What is about Aqua di Gio and women?

Let's face it, it is a well made cologne, despite it being deridden often. It is still one of my faves, and I have tried and own dozens.

I find it appeals to a wide variety of girls and women. Sure, it is appealing to the younger crowd, but I have also had more mature gals comment on it too.

It is good.

It reeks of a sensitive, fresh, clean, sensual and oh so slightly frisky man, much unlike most of the guys that don't bother to visit this forum.

i agree wit u cap...all the girls in my high school go bananas every time i wear it (especially in gym, because the heat releases the the scent powerfulluy). i know its common among alot of men, but i dont think many guys in my hs wear this. theyre more into curve, and the ck stuff.

To tell you the truth, this scent is probably one of the best fragrance out and one of the best smelling fragrance but people dislike it due to the fact that its highly popular. But then again doesn't a fragrance smell different of your skin then on someone else's. So why is everyone complaining. On my skin, it smells very fresh with a zing and on my friends it smells very sour. Its all about skin chemisty. Everybody has their own unique version of Acqua Di Gio on their skin so who cares if everyone wears it.

It's probably the smell of it. It's a great (but VERY oversued) scent.

I used to wear this and when I did, everyone just loved it. Too bad my paraprofessional said that "if you wear AdG, I'll have to wear my Lady Stetson (IMO, yuck)".

So, it was the end of my AdG wearing.

I still occasionally want to wear AdG, though...
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi
    I only think girls from the age group 12 to 23 like this fragrance. More mature girls prefer different things.

And is there a downside?

the perfume favorite for the girls is Le Male by Gaultier.

is the king,you only ask the girls.
    #TOP 5#: Antico Caruso, Penhaligons Racquets,Creed BayRhum Vetiver,Domenico Caraceni,Castle Forbes 1445

Quote Originally Posted by Setamp

And is there a downside?
    Yeah if your 50. I don't think you want to be attacting 15 year old girls when your 50, unless somethings really wrong with you. So wear something more mature.

And I too prefer Le Male over Acqua Di Gio

People who object to being checked out by teenagers must be lying to themselves... ESPECIALLY when you are over 50. It's like celebrities who moan and bitch about being famous. I like being more mature and older, just like the next guy, but if there's something on the market that will make me feel younger and more desired than I am all up for doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi
    Yeah if your 50. I don't think you want to be attacting 15 year old girls when your 50, unless somethings really wrong with you. So wear something more mature.
    maybe not 15, but 23 woudn't be so bad.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Le Male is THE chick-magnet. Period! Second place goes to Rive Gauche, second runner-up being AdG. But maybe that is just my own two penny worth... :

BTW, "What is it about AdG and women" reminds me of Joop! What about Adam...

Another thing that comes to my mind is that you could post this question in the women's fragrance board, they're always eager to help. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by BlueOcean
    Another thing that comes to my mind is that you could post this question in the women's fragrance board, they're always eager to help. Ę;D
    I'd be willing to bet that they wouldn't give AdG a very favorable response... ;D

Why So Serious?

Yes! Very good question, i always wondered about the same, same goes with Curve and Platinum Egoiste along with Di Gio, the three smells not too apealing to me, but for some reason, ladies like them a lot, i think they are strictly designed for women to enjoy, or maybe they are those fragrances that would smell good if you smell on someone else passing by. Just dont understand the brain.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    maybe not 15, but 23 woudn't be so bad. Ę
    In that case, it would be worth its weight in gold