Code of Conduct

Default Go ahead and slaughter me!!!

Guys, I have been a member on here for some time and have purchased several of the scents by your recommendations. Today, though, out of a complete lack of self control I re-purchased Curve for men, and Cool Water, along with a new purchase of Unbound by Halston. These scents serve as a "comfort blanket" and transport me back to the times when I was a much younger man with a much thicker head of hair. I have to say that I realize that GIT is better than Curve or CW and for just a few bucks more I could have purchased a 4oz tester of GIT, but I just couldn't convince myself that one bottle of GIT is better than a bottle each of Curve and CW. I need help---I know....... :-[

Default Re: Go ahead and slaughter me!!!

Cooke,

If you enjoy these fragrances, then there's no shame in owning them! Sure, you read a lot about niches and artisanal fragrances here, but that certainly doesn't mean that you should be shy or ashamed of liking unpopular fragrances.

The other day at work, my mix of music included Eminem, Neil Diamond, and Diana Krall! Life's to short to limit yourself, my friend! ;D

Best,

#

Well said Octo.

Hey, if Cool Water works for Snoop Dogg, it'll work for you and me! ;D

Even dr.creed has bought Cool Water after buying GIT and hey - he even uses it sometimes. ;D
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

What were you thinking!

You went and bought Cool Water and Curve, two GIT smell -alikes that women love, when you could have gotten the real thing, a scent that many women detest.
    Renato

Thanks guys!!!! I feel like I'm in an AA meeting, told my story, and got picked up off of the floor by friends.

Octo---that mix of music is eerily similar to mine---the "Live in Paris" CD of Krall's is straight up hypnotic

I feel much better now!!

Yvan

Quote Originally Posted by yepyep
    Hey, if Cool Water works for Snoop Dogg, it'll work for you and me!  ;D
    Doesn't part of the extended remix go:

If that Creed don't beat Cool Water,
    Drop it like it's hooottt...

8)  My personal experience with 'niche' fragrances, has not been good. Some houses I have found to produce gauche fragrances, that to MY mind, are crude and over the top: CREED. Others, strike me as eccentric, to the point of indulgence: Artisan. Other niche scents are coldly ornamental, to my nose and psyche: MPG. Just buy what makes you happy . . .

What anyone's impression here of a scent should not effect the happiness you get from it. Too many people are hung up on the niche/designer thing (even though no ones still has given me a straight answer on what exactly the two terms mean). If you like it, that's all that's important. Don't worry about the label, worry about the scent and how you feel about it

Quote Originally Posted by mgarisbn
    8)  My personal experience with 'niche' fragrances, has not been  good.  Some houses I have found to produce gauche fragrances, that to MY mind, are crude and over the top:  CREED.  Others, strike me as eccentric, to the point of indulgence: Artisan.  Other niche scents are coldly ornamental, to my nose and psyche:  MPG.  Just buy what makes you happy . . .
    I wish I'd said some of that first.
    Renato

Well, I guess we can't all be smiling together all the time here. I passed on GIT. It smells nice but there are other Creeds I prefer. GIT is not quite my style. BUT, Curve and Cool Water seemed to quickly turn tinny and smelled cheap. Sorry, but that's the way they hit me. AND...I sampled both of these long before I experienced ANY Creed. The quality and distinction is the niche difference. It's the ingredients. Sometimes (usually) I wear cheap casual clothes, but life's too short for cheap smelling loud designer fragrances. Of course there are exceptions. Do what thou will.

Quote Originally Posted by scenthound
    but life's too short for cheap smelling loud designer fragrances. Of course there are exceptions. Do what thou will.
    I agree that life is too short. But for me it's too short for me to be wearing a lot of feminine/unisex scents that usually don't last all that long, and often remind me of a pot pourri or aromatherapy shop.

I must admit though, I was somewhat disappointed when a local department store stopped selling GIT - I'd just received enough vouchers from a rewards scheme to buy a bottle.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    I wish I'd said some of that first.
    Renato
    8) Hi Renato . . . I have felt the same way about a number of your posts! Now, we're even . . .