Code of Conduct
    Yvan

Default Paul Smith, Good Life and Other Greens

Well, here it is about the middle of winter in the northern hemisphere, so naturally I'm starting to get interested in green scents! ??? (I've already gone through my leather and spice phases.) Just got some Paul Smith today and love its ode to Mother Earth...lots of green there. I hear it doesn't last too well...we'll see.

I've also been eyeing Good Life by Davidoff, and judging from the reviews, people here are fairly split on whether they like this or not. Wanna say what you think about it? And is it very figgy?

Also, feel free to weigh in on what your current favorite green scents are, if any, or which ones you're thinking of wearing come spring and summer.

Default Re: Paul Smith, Good Life and Other Greens

Hands down favorites are:

Givenchy Greenergy
    Geir by Geir Ness
    MAT Le Vert
    Bulgari Eau Parfumee The Vert
    Antica Farmacista Terra

marlen

Here are my green favs:

- Polo, green as dark as it can get

- Coriolan

- CdG Tea

- Mugler Cologne, although it's only "light"green

I think Good Life is one of the lighter green scents, also suitable for the summer. IMO it's not very figgy.

Hello Yvan!

well, I don't consider Good life too figgy! It's a light green scent IMO! Good one for sure, specially here in Brazil where we have been facing a 40¼C burning summer!
    If you want a figgy scent, I recommend a Brazilian one: Aqua Brasilis. I haven't smelt anything designer like this one! ;D

Good Life isn't figgy at all. Instead it's very fig-leafy.
    I used to think it was very good, till I got Salvatore Ferragamo which I think of as Good Life PLUS.
    Renato

Revisited Trophee Lancome today (received a small bottle form I Paid) and WOW! I see why I fell in love with it as a teenager - fresh, light green chypre that is simple, clean and downright wonderful. 5/5 stars for this winner!

marlen

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    Good Life isn't figgy at all. Instead it's very fig-leafy.
    I used to think it was very good, till I got Salvatore Ferragamo which I think of as Good Life PLUS.
    Renato
    I don't get fig out of Good Life either. Instead it's very green and leafy. Salvatore Ferragamo is like Good Life plus a butt load of cardamom. It's loaded down with so much cardamom that it smells like a curry dish.

My favorite green fragrances are...

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
    Davidoff Good Life
    Edermyl L'Originel
    La Base for Him
    Miracle Homme L'Aquatonic
    L'Artisan Premier Figuier
    Herm¸s Un Jardine en Mˇditerranˇe
    Diptyque Virgilio

~Clinton