Code of Conduct

Default FORGET FENDI UOMO

Fendi Uomo is such an old and horrible fragrance. Not that theres anything wrong with being old, but I think that most of us all agree that this was a BAD old one. Can we please stop bringing it up?

Default Re: FORGET FENDI UOMO

Quote Originally Posted by savoia
    Fendi Uomo is such an old and horrible fragrance. Not that theres anything wrong with being old, but I think that most of us all agree that this was a BAD old one. Can we please stop bringing it up?
    Calm down, Man!!!
    Don't tell me that! I have just ordered blind a 50 ml bottle of Fendi Uomo...
    I really like old school fragrances, so what exactly didn't you like in it?

If one likes REALLY woody scents like Gucci Pour Homme or Gucci Rush, then one will probably like Fendi Uomo.

I bought it cheap and blind, and was delighted.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    If one likes REALLY woody scents like Gucci Pour Homme or Gucci Rush, then one will probably like Fendi Uomo.

I bought it cheap and blind, and was delighted.
    Renato
    That's better!
    I hope I like it since I'm used to wear fragrances like Lagerfeld Classic, Ysl Kouros, Givenchy Gentleman and others considered stinkers... :

I went through two bottles of this in the 1990s and like it very much. It is a rich, warm woody and leathery scent braced with a dash of citrus, lavender, and spice, and supported at the base with patchouli, cedar, and musk. Sounds great from the pyramid and though I do not reach for it all that often I still appreciate it very much.

Jeff

Great frag to me. Wore it yesterday and loved it.

How can we forget it when the thread starter bought it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ballardbeau
    Great frag to me. Wore it yesterday and loved it.

How can we forget it when the thread starter bought it up?
    LOL
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Yvan

No doubt about it, it's masculine and leathery, though it's arid, with what seemed to me like copious quantities of sage.  I'm positive the marjoram, cypress, and possibly coriander, contribute to its arid quality...it makes me think it's a cousin of Azzaro pour Homme. Sage and arid scents don't work for me, so I gave my mini away.

Also don't forget FENDI THEOREMA UOMO... it gets NO attention on the boards, but I like it alot. Let's call it a "complex green" scent...

-R

If your going to buy this fragrance , make double damn sure you really dig woooody scents cause this ones got it in spades. Having said that, I occassionally spritz it lightly and often get compliments from women

This is a great scent warm woody and nice leather oakmoss base.

Long lasting too and never overwhelming. I think most of us here have diverse taste to enjoy this "BAD one" and others too

Now I am interested in getting this scent!!!

Which ones come closest?

Mic.

well, I'm afraid I'm going to have to say its pretty good too! lol - I just recently bought a big bottle of the stuff, and while it is super dry, ultra leathery, with loads of cumin, it warms up beautifully when worn throught the day ;D

I recently smelled this one at TJ MAXX and let's just say that i look forward to buying it soon!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Pity there`s no chance to find it in Russia.
    I`m desperately looking for trying this one - and Vendetta Uomo by Valentino, to continue leather chasing...
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Well, Folks, My Fendi has just arrived and I can't disguise my disappointment...
    I was expecting something POWERHOUSE and what I got? A subtle scent with a great start but with a really strange dry down... A mix of leather, loads of cumin and lemon...
    Last saturday I was at the beach with my girlfriend and we ate fresh oysters with lemon and cumin...
    THAT'S EXACTLY HOW IT SMELT LIKE TO ME! LOL!!!
    I'll try it tomorrow all day long to see what hapens.

P.S: 1 - IMHO this one can't be compared to the great and punchy Azzaro... It's a pale fragrance compared to it
    2 - I think this one will fail miserably in its crusade to get compliments from my female co-workers...

RCavs, you just might eat your words like those delishous sounding oysters. Give it more time, I've been wearing it for days at a time, got a nice compliment too! It warms up nicely I find, but still stays somewhat dry - it's a nice blend!

Quote Originally Posted by savoia
    8) I never have brought it up. This is the first time I've ever uttered a syllable about Fendi Uomo. I don't like it. The women's Fendi is even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    RCavs, you just might eat your words like those delishous sounding oysters.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Great joke, Ric!

Give it more time, I've been wearing it for days at a time, got a nice compliment too! It warms up nicely I find, but still stays somewhat dry - it's a nice blend!
    Ric, remember when you recommended me Jacomo de jacomo?
    You said it was a superb fragrance and when I sprayed on my arm I smelt that harsh/gasoline smell!!! Heaven knows how I blamed you: "God damn that sadistic Canadian!!!" LOL!!! ;D
    But then, the dry down exuded its wonderful smell and had to say: "Ric was right!"
    So... what's the moral of the story?
    Give it more time! (as you said)

well, I'm wearing Fendi and until now, NO COMPLIMENTS... :-[
    I don't consider it a bad fragrance, but there's nothing special about it either. Very spicy, maybe the perfumer exagerated... That's something on the middle or base notes that I like, something a bit sweet jumps from the sea of spices, mainly cumin... Is it the leather? I don't know...
    Good lasting power! After 7 hours wearing it, It's still here... Subtil, but still here!
    In spite of the fact that It's considered an old school, I don't treat it as if it was one, mainly because it's not a "in your face" fragrance... Sometimes I think people consider any leather scent as an old school! Ok, the bottle could be considered old fashioned (although I Like it)...
    As once I read from another basenotes member: "I won't run after another bottle when this one finishes..."

I think it smells like bad body odor. This is one of my most hated scents. Lagerfeld and Eternity are up there too.

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs
    well, I'm wearing Fendi and until now, NO COMPLIMENTS...  :-[
    I don't consider it a bad fragrance, but there's nothing special about it either. Very spicy, maybe the perfumer exagerated... That's something on the middle or base notes that I like, something a bit sweet jumps from the sea of spices, mainly cumin... Is it the leather? I don't know...
    Good lasting power! After 7 hours wearing it, It's still here... Subtil, but still here!
    In spite of the fact that It's considered an old school, I don't treat it as if it was one, mainly because it's not a "in your face" fragrance... Sometimes I think people consider any leather scent as an old school!  Ok, the bottle could be considered old fashioned (although I  Like it)...  
    As once I read from another basenotes member: "I won't run after another bottle when this one finishes..."
    8) Don't feel bad, RCavs . . . you meant well. I learned many things from my mother. This thread has made me think of her, again . . . when 'testing' fragrances, most of the time, all Mother did, was to take a sniff, from the bottle. And most of the time, she'd say 'no.' That was it. Every so often, she'd check out another batch of scents: on those rare occasions, that something struck her, she'd say 'that's nice.' And usually, she'd end up wearing that fragrance. Mother wore maybe five or six scents, during her lifetime. What's wrong with that? I am grateful that I too, am able most of the time, to know straight off, whether or not a fragrance has a chance, with me. I have my share of fragrance misfires, but happily . . . those occurrences now, are rare. I stick to my course: no niche, unless one really hits me, no Creed . . . I've tried enough, to know . . . but still, I leave room for an oddball. Last year, I discovered NU. Maybe I'll find another one, this year . . .

hey RCavs well, indeed it is no Jacomo de Jacomo.... But not bad none the less. Keep on with it, it might start growing on you - did me. While I don't think it is truly amazing in any way, it's alright! For me, I think it's masculine subtlety thats appealing with this one. It doesnt smell cheap, and I rather like how it sweetens up ever so slightly :-/

hey RCavs well, indeed it is no Jacomo de Jacomo.... But not bad none the less. Keep on with it, it might start growing on you - did me. While I don't think it is truly amazing in any way, it's alright! For me, I think it's masculine subtlety thats appealing with this one. It doesnt smell cheap, and I rather like how it sweetens up ever so slightly :-/
    Well, after wearing it for 8+ hours... I can tell its base notes are great... I wish the middle notes of fendi were its base notes...I 'd enjoy it much more than I actually do...
    My veredict: A "so-so" fragrance... If I hadn't ordered it blind for sure I wouldn't have bought it... There are dozens of better old school scents IMHO!

8) Mine, too. But I wouldn't call Fendi Uomo . . . 'old school.' I'd call it something else.

Quote Originally Posted by mgarisbn
    8)  Mine, too.  But I wouldn't call Fendi Uomo . . . 'old school.'  I'd call it something else.
    That's right, I reconsider! Fendi can't be labeled as an old school fragrance...

8)  Glad we agree on that, RCavs!