Code of Conduct

Default Trussardi Uomo!!

Hello Again, Guys!

In my eternal search for classic scents I discovered another one with 30% discount here in Brazil... Trussardi Uomo!
    Have been reading some threads about it but would like more opinions! This one I found is a small 25ml bottle sealed...
    Any thoughts?
    Could I possibly like it?

I like fragrances as Kouros, Lapidus, Bogart, Givenchy Gentleman, Guerlain vetiver, Lagerfel Classic, Jacomo de Jacomo, Azzaro, Paco rabbane etc.

Default Re: Trussardi Uomo!!

I was prepared to like this one more than I did.

Beautiful bottle; very masculine, as is the scent. Unfortunately the juice itself is a rather common woods/leather deal that just did not do a lot for me.

Get other opinions. Some think the stuff is great. It is strong; it does last, and in fact it does smell good-- I just didn't think it was that special.

Hi all,

Ball...I have to disagree with you my friend.  Of the 60 or so bottles of fragrances I have owned (at one time or another) and the many fragrances that I have sampled, I find TRUSSARDI UOMO to be one of THE best of it's type.  I MUCH perfer TRUSSARDI UOMO to CUIRON for instance.  I really want to buy another bottle UOMO but...man...I just wish it weren't so darn expensive.  Still...when I can, I will buy (or swap for) another bottle of the TRUSSARDI UOMO.

Regards,
    SixCats!

Six, let's talk!

Your post on Trussardi Uomo pulled me out of my studies.

I'd go for it, unless you already have Van Cleef & Arpels or do not like rose-based scents. I find VC&A is similar to Trussardi Uomo. VC&A is almost straightforward & linear in its approach; I get rose all the way through.

Trussardi Uomo changes on the way down; I seem to remember it being slightly herbal at first, but ultimately has a rose base.

At least on me.

When I first got Trussardi Uomo, it reminded me a lot of Quorum, but now it reminds me of VC&A.

I'd use it sparingly in a hot climate. 25 ml will go a long way.

Personally I find the black plastic surrounding the bottle cheap and contrived, but it does have the benefit of protecting the scent from it's greatest enemy, light.
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

Yvan

Hey RCavs, judging from the frags you list, I'd say you'd like it.  Like some of those you list, TU is a powerhouse fragrance (to me)...it was released in that era of powerhouses, in 1983.  

I've been seriously thinking of getting at least a mini.  It's an amazing scent, powerful and dynamic...I found it really makes a statement.  The only drawback is that, on me, it's a bit too sharply aromatic, aromatic in the way that one of the Gianfranco Ferre frags is, and to a much lesser extent, Aramis.

Here's one pyramid for TU from the internet (alphabetically):

Top: Aldehydes, Basil oil, Bergamot oil, Juniperberry, Lavender, Marjoram, Thyme
    Middle: Carnation, Cedarwood oil, Cinnamon, Honey, Laurel, Orris, Rose, Vetiver  
    Base: Labdanum, Leather, Moss, Musk, Oilbanum, Patchouli, Tonka  

And here's the Basenotes pyramid:

Top: Petitgrain, Bergamot, Sage, Lavender, Myrtle
    Middle: Nutmeg, Pimento, Oakmoss, Tobacco, Jasmine, Leather
    Base: Sandalwood, Patchouli, Cedar, Incense

There're a lot of attractive notes there--leather, wood, tobacco, vetiver, musk, some florals and spice.  Then there're also several notes that help make it aromatic--basil, marjoram, thyme, myrtle, sage, incense, depending on the pyramid source.  So, if you don't mind its partly aromatic nature, I think you'll love it!