Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default "Notes triangles"?

With all due respect to the fantastic job done by Grant and others responsible for this wonderful site, I am curious about the info shown in the triangles describing the notes of the various fragrances. Does this info come from the manufacturers themselves or is it compiled from the observations of members who have tried the scents, or both? This question arose from my recent look at Davidoff's Relax, where I noticed significant differences between the triangle and the info provided from Davidoff in their accompanying brochure. They described the notes as following: TOP: Bergamot,Woods and Flowers HEART: Geranium, Jasmine, Rosemary and Clove BASE: Balsam, Vetiver, Patchouli and Amber. This is significantly different from the notes described in the triangle here on Basenotes. I have also noticed differences on the info pages of several other scents. Just curious.

Default Re: "Notes triangles"?

Good question.

Personally, I'm not sure... but I guess you could post any missing or incorrect information to the missing fragrances board

http://www.basenotes.net/cgi-bin/for...?board=missing