Code of Conduct

Default Floris questions

I'm considering blindly buying one of the Floris fragrances while they're discounted 50%. Does anyone here have experience with J.F., Elite, or Santal? Since I can't smell them before buying, I was wondering if anyone could compare them to another scent on the market, perhaps something non-niche. Someone commented that Santal smells like a spicier Gucci Envy. Any comparisons of that kind would be helpful.

Thanks!
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Default Re: Floris questions

I ordered a bottle of Santal too after reading the post about the sale.

That post had several comments/descriptions about their fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballardbeau
    I ordered a bottle of Santal too after reading the post about the sale.

That post had several comments/descriptions about their fragrances.
    Consarnit! I should read the forum more carefully. Thx for the tip!
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Default How to Sample Floris Scents

Is there anywhere to obtain samples of Floris scents?

After doing a search in this discussion forum for Floris and reading a lot of threads, I decided to order the JF; the Santal seemed very tempting too.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

You will like JF. It's the most modern scent in their range along with Santal. No.89 is a traditional British scent that is just amazing, The rose in the middle is just great. Elite has the tuberose in the middle which is a nice twist and it still remains masculine. Santal is a creamy, slightly sweet sandalwood. Santal Extreme kicks this up a notch. I have not tried the Sandalwood from the Classics range. Look at the Sandalwood thread, The Bark mentions this one. There are other unisex scents from them that I'll bet are very nice.
    Nice line of stuff. I don't think you can go wrong.

Eric

Yvan

Santal--similar to Fahrenheit, but with more sandalwood.
    JF--like Trumper GFT (which is citrusy), with what smelled like floral and herbal notes added.
    Elite--somewhere in between Guerlain Vetiver and Monsieur de Givenchy.
    All are high quality and last at least 3-4 hours.

It's funny how people's noses differ. To me, JF smells nothing like GFT at all. It's almost identical to Creed GIT to me with a slight burnt note.
    Rick

Where is that Floris sale at?
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells
    Where is that Floris sale at?
    http://www.florisoflondon.com

I want report cards back from all of you buying scents :P
    The Bark Bites Back.

While this is a hot topic, let's talk about their Summer Limes as well. I love a good Lime and this looks tantalizing. Any takers?

Thanks.

omg.....if the Santal truly smells similar to Fahrenheit....WHAT HAVE I DONE????

Quote Originally Posted by Ballardbeau
    omg.....if the Santal truly smells similar to Fahrenheit....WHAT HAVE I DONE????
    I don't think you have too much to worry about. I don't think there's anything similar about the two, at least to my nose.
    The Bark Bites Back.

OK, I'm sucked in. Just ordered JF and Santal.

I'm a big fan of Creed's GIT and a casual fan of Cool Water. Based on comments, that should work out...

As for Santal, I kind of need a warm, masculine scent, so that should be OK as well.

Am I gonna be happy?

Chuck

JF is a very nice and classy (almost formal, really) citrus, but the real Floris gems are No. 89 and Elite. Must-haves, IMHO.

Yvan

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW
    OK, I'm sucked in. Just ordered JF and Santal.
    I'm a big fan of Creed's GIT and a casual fan of Cool Water. Based on comments, that should work out...
    As for Santal, I kind of need a warm, masculine scent, so that should be OK as well.
    Am I gonna be happy?
    Chuck
    Yes, I think you will...about Santal, at least one woman complimented me on it. I didn't find it totally like Fahrenheit...that was just the closest comparison I could make. The sandalwood in it is soft and creamy, but still with a bit of an edge...and I loved the spices--black peppercorns, Zanzibar clove buds, cardamom--though they don't overwhelm. Why oh why did I give away my bottle!

Having worn three Floris frags, the phrase that comes to mind about the company's offerings is "dynamic construction and consistent quality."