Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Toothpaste..!!!

Default Toothpaste..!!!

What is your favourite 'toothpaste'? I'm looking for something mild & nonabrasive.. right now I'm testing Colgate Vanilla Mint Gel. It's ok, my tongue doesn't recoil or anything but I'm sure I can do better-
    "He was some kind of a man... What does it matter what you say about people?"

francois

Default Re: Toothpaste..!!!

Good ol' Crest (or the Fresh Mint one) is perfect!

tom's of maine! ;D

Original Crest Paste-- a classic. It just dosen't get any better than this. Use just a little.

I tried some of the Crest flavors, but after 43years its hard to change. ;D

However, my sons both swear by Oral B fruity flaver gel for kids.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Anyone here have any experience with the Marvis brand?

The have some intersting flavors aimed at adults:
    Aquatic Mint
    Classic Strong Mint
    Ginger Mint
    Jasmine Mint
    Paradise Fruit Mint

Interested but they are a bit expensive.

YOu should try all of the Therabreath products!

http://www.therabreath.com/

Phenomenal products that don't mask bad breath with mint flavors, but actually eliminate them.

And since they oxygenate, they have a teeth whitening effect also.

edit
    Last edited by Adrian; 7th June 2007 at 06:30 PM.

I just use Crest Extra Whitening...tastes good, ADA approved, and keeps my teeth nice and shiny.
    Loyal Basenoter since 2004. And getting ready for the next big step in my longtime hobby: bringing niche to my neck of the woods... Xscentrik is coming soon.

Follow our progress on Basenotes and here: Facebook Twitter

Tom's of Maine. Cinnamint when I can find it.
    Will check out Marvis, sounds like a good one.

Marvis Jasmine with the purple cap. I've tried all their varieties, but the Jasmine is my favorite. I close my eyes and suddenly I'm in Italy brushing my teeth. LOL [smiley=grin.gif]

Marvis Aquatic Mint!!! I love it! I bought a couple of these when I lived in Italy, the ginger is ok but the aqua.... delicious! I can't wait to get another tube of this one.

I read somewhere about a great toothpaste from Santa Maria Novella... Now, I can only imagine the price, but it is stil something I'd want from my mouth. I bet t will recoil my tongue though, considering how upfront their frags seem to be

Nothing better than Oral B

Marvis is great, but it is also a bit difficult to get where I live. No mater the flavor, that really is a good stuff. I currently use Aronal, which is a mild but effective toothpaste.

Hi, for what it's worth.. Marvis and SMN are made by same company... like SMN shave cream being Proraso @ 10x the price (nearly).. I would not waste time with Santa's toothpaste as I believe it's Marvis in nicer packaging.. Both are made by Firenze, Martel, etc.

I like Marvis Strong Mint. It is very fresh and it looks great.
    My second favourite is the Korres whitening toothpaste.

Propoline or Supersmile. You can even see my teeth in the members pics to see for yourself...ha ha. :

I love Marvis> I love the fruit mint and the ginger mint and jasmine mint and regular mint. Probably in that order.

Sam

There's material on the WWW by a Dr. Gerard F. Judd that presents a different and interesting point of view about toothpaste and tooth care and, especially, fluoride and its consequences for health.

I developed sensitive teeth, and my dentist told me that the toothpastes on the market that were supposed to be for sensitive teeth didn't contain enough fluoride for me. He told me about another toothpaste that cost eleven dollars (Canadian) for a small tube, although you only needed to use a small amount. I used that stuff for years. Then I had the last of my mercury fillings replaced, and -- guess what? In addition to turning around the major health concern I had suspected was caused by the mercury, and some others as well that I hadn't suspected were connected, I found my teeth weren't sensitive any more! So I ditched the fluoride and the pastes altogether.

Might be worth looking into if taste isn't your first priority.

I have no connection with Dr. Judd and no profit-making interest in anything to do with this.

Roxoff

Another vote for Marvis Aquatic Mint. Jasmin Mint is also very good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxoff
    There's material on the WWW by a Dr. Gerard F. Judd that presents a different and interesting point of view about toothpaste and tooth care and, especially, fluoride and its consequences for health.

I developed sensitive teeth, and my dentist told me that the toothpastes on the market that were supposed to be for sensitive teeth didn't contain enough fluoride for me. He told me about another toothpaste that cost eleven dollars (Canadian) for a small tube, although you only needed to use a small amount. I used that stuff for years. Then I had the last of my mercury fillings replaced, and -- guess what? In addition to turning around the major health concern I had suspected was caused by the mercury, and some others as well that I hadn't suspected were connected, I found my teeth weren't sensitive any more! So I ditched the fluoride and the pastes altogether.

Might be worth looking into if taste isn't your first priority.

I have no connection with Dr. Judd and no profit-making interest in anything to do with this.

Roxoff

Dr. Gerard F. Judd's advice:
    1. Rinse acids off the teeth during eating (ref 4).

2. Brush the teeth with bar soap (ref 5).

3. Take calcium pills with vitamin D daily (ref 6).

4. Take monosodium phosphate daily (ref 7).

5. Take freshly made sodium ascorbate daily for gum connections to the teeth (ref 8).

6. Dispense with the worry that bacteria harm teeth: THEY CANNOT (ref 9).

7. Dispense with the worry that sugar destroys teeth. I find sugar has little or nothing to do with cavities (ref 10).

8. Avoid all fluoride products. They destroy teeth, unravel enzymes and cause 113 ailments (ref 11).
    Last edited by Adrian; 7th June 2007 at 06:32 PM.

So where do you find these fine Marvis pastes in a retail setting? Can you only get them on the intarweb?

I just ordered all Marvis flavours! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Happy brrrrrrrrushin' ;D
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Ginger Mint so far is really good. Kind of fruity ?? :-?
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I started with whatever Mom bought, which was Crest then later Aquafresh. For quite a while now I've been using Mentadent. (referencing another thread, I stock up on it at Costco)

remember that those marketing picture of the entire toothbrush covered and curled back is bunk. pea-sized is all you need.
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by DrBubba
    So where do you find these fine Marvis pastes in a retail setting? *Can you only get them on the intarweb?
    I got mine at my friendly neighborhood Sephora. That was a while ago so you may want to call before treking on over.
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

Quote Originally Posted by loungeboy
    [quote author=DrBubba link=1141133652/15#21 date=1149024522]So where do you find these fine Marvis pastes in a retail setting? Can you only get them on the intarweb?
    I got mine at my friendly neighborhood Sephora. That was a while ago so you may want to call before treking on over.[/quote]

I was out there on Friday and they didn't carry it anymore.

i used to always buy vicco - an ayurvedic indian paste with lots of herbs and spices in it, but primarilly anisey, IIRC. Now I use aquafresh - the one with the orange stripe in it and hte silver tube

anyone know about the company that makes like 28 toothpastes in all different foodie flavors? haven't tried them but interesting.

baald

I just tried Marvis Acquatic on the strength of the comments above. It is slightly different from the run of the mill mint toothpastes but it is not terribly special. I get a rather chalky taste out of it.
    Great package but (for the price) a bit disappointing.

Default If you can handle this...

Try Tom's of Maine children's toothpastes. On the one hand, they feel far gentler than your average menthol/anise/cinnamon mouth scourers, on the other hand they are not the most butch looking thing to have in the loo... but who cares

Me, I use floss+assorted metal implements+baking soda+(sometimes) a mothwash with fluoride; I go back and forth on the fluoride issue. Baking soda is not the yummiest thing going, but does a dandy job, and it is such a relief to get the stuff finally rinsed out of your mouth.

m.