Code of Conduct

Default Crystal Deodorants?

Has anyone used a crystal deodorant? What brand? How well do they work?

Default Re: Crystal Deodorants?

I am a recent convert to this product neverhaving found a deodorant that didn't cause some sort of irritation. They work great. Don't expect an antipersperent but a deodorant - the stick leaves a trace of minerals under your arms and the minerals stop bacteria from forming and hence stops the body odors. And so far, it seems to be true that they can last up to a year. Have had mine for a few weeks and doesn't seem to have gone down at all. Mine is one called Deonat. Not sure where its made...

Sante.
    THE BEST OF 2009 to date Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire Pour Homme, Cologne Pour Le Soir, Annick Goutal Mandragore Pourpre

REDISCOVERING CLASSICS - AGAIN!:- , Guerlain Derby, L'Artisan Premier Figuier

I've been using a crystal stick deoderant for over a year and I'm very happy with it. It doesn't cause irritation, doesn't leave a residue on my clothes, and it works as a deoderant. It isn't an antiperspirant, but I've never tried an antiperspirant that actually made a noticeable difference.

I slather on a goodly amount when I first get out of the shower and my pits are still wet (it doesn't build up like when you overapply a normal deoderant) and my first stick has lasted more than a year.

Highly recommended.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

The crystal has been working great for me. Apply it right after a shower while the skin is still wet, full coverage of any and all offending areas under arms.

What brand do you guys use and wear did you get it?

^^^^^^^^^^ Asks same question ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Santemon, do you live in Australia? I've only found DeoNat from Australian sites.

Yes Propaganda, I am in Australia... I am sure they are widely available elsewhere. I read somewhere that Keanu Reeves swears by them!!!

Sante.
    THE BEST OF 2009 to date Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire Pour Homme, Cologne Pour Le Soir, Annick Goutal Mandragore Pourpre

REDISCOVERING CLASSICS - AGAIN!:- , Guerlain Derby, L'Artisan Premier Figuier

I've found a bunch of brands - Kiss my Face, Crystal Stick, Crystal Body, Thai, and the aptly name PitRok - that sell in the US. It just seems that DeoNat only sells in Australia. Sure, some AU stores ship here, but I'd rather avoid that. I don't want to pick out a crappy crystal deodorant brand by random chance and give up on them because of it. I'll keep looking for a little while. Thanks for your replies.

I use Pitrok and its very effective!

I buy mine at L'Occitane. But they are all over Ebay and GoogleFroogle.
    "They make you a monster and then they call you one".

"They make you a monster and then they call you one".

The one I use is the Crystal brand stick. The stick format works very well, just like a regular deoderant stick--you twist the base to expose more of the stick.

I don't think the brand really matters though. All of the crystal deoderant products I've seen are either ammonium alum or potassium alum, so I think the crystal itself is a pretty generic item.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Crystal Deodorants? Do you mean that type that also Bionsen makes?

I've bought a little bottle of Anti-odor body spray from Bionsen, which only contains little pieces of mineral crystal... added clean water to it, agitated it for a few seconds and voila', here's my new deodorant!
    I've been testing this thing and it really works!!!
    And it's really really clean and scentless so I can use it with ANY cologne I have.

I was about to order Pitrok when I saw a package deal on a Crystal Body Crystal stick and spray, so I thought I give the stick and spray a try.

Bought one of these Crystal Sticks after hearing everybody talking about how great they are. Well, at least on me they don't work that great and neither on my gf. I put on right after the shower and I make sure my arm pits are still moist.

Ahh well. back to my Unscented old one
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    WANTED buy/swap: Creed "Acier Aluminum" , L'Occitane "Eav des Bavx", Comme Des Garcons stuff especially "Dry Clean"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Top 10: TM Cologne, Mark Birley, Dzing, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Geir, Divine's "L'Homme de Coeur", Penhaligons 'Endymion",
    Creed Original Vetiver, Diptique Tam Dao, Hugo Boss "Spirit"

Second day of Crystal Body Crystal Sticks. I work 12.5 hour shifts, so the odor can sneak up on me.
    First day, I hopped out of the shower and wiped it under my arms. Result = BO at the end of the work day. I'd get this if I just used deodorant at shower time too.
    Second day, I dried off first. I then ran the crystal stick under the water and rubbed it over a slightly larger area than you normally would with deodorant. 10 hours in, so far so good.
    I'll use it for awhile before giving it the final decision though. I do wish it was lightly scented though.

Could you use baby powder with it? Would that give the bacteria a place to grow?