Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Trumper's Aftershave Non Balm

I've just tested Trumpers Milk of Flowers Soothing Aftershave Balm, which has me mystified because it's not a thick viscousy balm, but a clear splash liquid.

It didn't sting at all, and did a pretty good job of acting like a balm rather than like an aftershave splash. I'm still not sure what to make of the scent - interesting but somewhat medicinal, and very potent. For the next two hours it was about the only thing I could smell.

Anybody else tried it?
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Trumper's Aftershave Non Balm

Hi Renato
    No I haven't tried the one you mention, but have tried Trumper's Skin Foods, which are great. But don't know if anyone has come across the True Gentlemen After Shave balms and can speak about their consistency ... there is an unscented one I am interested in so it doesn't clash with my scents.

Sante.
    THE BEST OF 2009 to date Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire Pour Homme, Cologne Pour Le Soir, Annick Goutal Mandragore Pourpre

REDISCOVERING CLASSICS - AGAIN!:- , Guerlain Derby, L'Artisan Premier Figuier

Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember if they have the Skin Food at Ludlows. I'll check it out next week.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Renato
    Just a heads up that Art of Man has Trumper shaving creams and skin foods as well and they have 15% off all Trumper until 18 May. Didn't see Milk of Flowers there, but they have the whole range of creams and soaps.

Sante.
    THE BEST OF 2009 to date Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire Pour Homme, Cologne Pour Le Soir, Annick Goutal Mandragore Pourpre

I will vouch for the Trumpers skin food, the coral (rose) has been good to me. Doesnt sting, non greasy, a bottle lasts for ages.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Santemon
    Hey Renato
    Just a heads up that Art of Man has Trumper shaving creams and skin foods as well and they have 15% off all Trumper until 18 May. *Didn't see Milk of Flowers there, but they have the whole range of creams and soaps.

Sante.
    Hi Sante,
    Well I can't find the Skinfood at that site - where is it, what's it's price please?
    It's currently $35 at Ludlows and I'd love to know if that's cheap or expensive.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Renato
    Here is the link
    http://www.artofman.com.au/store.php?idstring=37,12,107

Art of Man has 200ml bottles of both Coral & Limes Skin Food for $46.75 ea. at the moment. And once you make your first purchase, you are entitled to 5% off all future purchases. This builds up to 15% depending on how much you spend over time. Also postage is free if you spend $150 or more.

Is the Ludlow price for a 200ml bottle? Looking at their site (http://www.ludlows.com.au/pages/trumper/skin_foods.html) I see they are selling the 200ml bottle for $49.50.

The Trumper site shows the 200ml skin foods for GBP16.00, which is roughly A$39. So once you take freight/GST into account, I think the Australian shop prices are reasonable. Trumper has the 100ml skin food for GBP10.50, so I suspect the Ludlow price you have is for the 100ml bottle.

Cheers
    Santemon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Santemon
    Hi Renato
    Here is the link
    http://www.artofman.com.au/store.php?idstring=37,12,107

Art of Man has 200ml bottles of both Coral & Limes Skin Food for $46.75 ea. at the moment. *And once you make your first purchase, you are entitled to 5% off all future purchases. *This builds up to 15% depending on how much you spend over time. *Also postage is free if you spend $150 or more.

Is the Ludlow price for a 200ml bottle? *Looking at their site (http://www.ludlows.com.au/pages/trumper/skin_foods.html) I see they are selling the 200ml bottle for $49.50.

The Trumper site shows the 200ml skin foods for GBP16.00, which is roughly A$39. *So once you take freight/GST into account, I think the Australian shop prices are reasonable. *Trumper has the 100ml skin food for GBP10.50, so I suspect the Ludlow price you have is for the 100ml bottle.

Cheers
    Santemon
    Thanks for that. I'm not at work today (where I'm three minutes from Ludlow's), so I'll check out the size of the bottle tomorrow.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Hi again Sante,
    They dropped the price so I've just bought a 4 oz bottle of Coral Skin Food for $20. I'll test it out tomorrow, and maybe get some more.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Renato
    That's a great price! Let us know here what you think of the skin food and how it works for you.

Sante.