Code of Conduct

Default What Razor blade lasts longest? I need help..

Why do I only get two shaves out of an Extreme 3 from Schick?? The blade dulls SO quickly.

Are cryogenically frozen blades gimmicks? There are sites that sell Mach3s and Extremes that have been cryogenically froze.. they claim you can get 4x the normal use out of them.

Am I doing something wrong? Why do the Extreme 3 blades dull so quickly?

Why does Mach 3 have such a great product, but allow the razor blade to pivot so easily (makes facial shaving dangerous).

Has anyone found a reliable, cheap blade that lasts a long time?

Default Re: What Razor blade lasts longest? I need help..

Gillette Sensor Excel

I've actually gone to inexpensive (not the super cheap ones) disposables that I throw out more often so I have a new blade more often. This was after a bad experience with a new Sensor. Everyone's face is different though.

Thank you.

I like Mach3's the best, but they pivot far too much. If they were somewhat solid, like Extreme3, I would use the Mach3.. but since it pivots, it's like shaving with a piece of string.. but the string in this case can cut your skin.

In any case, I ordered some cryogenically frozen Extreme3 blades.. I will write the mini-review within this thread.

Here's my verdict on cyogenically frozen blades..

they last at least twice as long..

but they are twice the price..

so I do not believe they are worth the extra money.. despite lasting twice as long. I do not believe mine are lasting 4x as long as advertised.. Extreme 3 I got..

Back to Mach3, looks like.. time for more razor nicks too.

Don't know.

I replace the razor on my double edge about every five shaves or so.
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

Quote Originally Posted by blah114
    Here's my verdict on cyogenically frozen blades..

they last at least twice as long..

but they are twice the price..

so I do not believe they are worth the extra money.. despite lasting twice as long. I do not believe mine are lasting 4x as long as advertised.. Extreme 3 I got..

Back to Mach3, looks like.. time for more razor nicks too.
    blah114, how can you have a verdict on these blades if you have never used them? You just asked about them a couple of days ago. In answer, some friends of mine have used these cyro blades, and do not find any difference.

Get an old fashioned DE from ebay and get some blades from Walmart. Very cheap, and better shaves await you!

Since I had posted, I ordered a pack of Cryo blades, Shick Extreme3.. they are OK thus far. I do notice they last much longer, like 3 days, but are so expensive it's not worth it. Shipping took 1 day.

I am really, really leaning towards buying a double-edged razor and just being done with it.. but I really am scared I am going to cut up my face.. and I am also scared I am not going to get as close a shave as Extreme3.. it's a pain and expensive to buy refills, but the problem is they actually do work...

Quote Originally Posted by Vicomte de K
    Don't know.

I replace the razor on my double edge about every five shaves or so.
    My Feather double edged safety blades last me about 4 to 6 shaves each. Mach 3T's last me exactly one shave. The Feathers cost me about $4 for a pack of 10 blades. That is around 40 per blade. At 4 uses per blade, that is a cost of 10 per shave. Gotta love double edged safety razors.