Code of Conduct

Default Recommend me a frag-free aftershave lotion?

I'm looking for a fragrance-free soothing aftershave lotion, something to stop the nicks from bleeding and moisturize, and to keep me from shaver burn.....I've used balms from Vera Wang, MY YSL, and also aftershaves, but want something I can use all the time, regardless of what fragrance I choose to wear....

any idea? I've heard Clinique is good, also ZIRH and I think Aramis makes one?
    url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/972]Wardrobe[/url]

Default Re: Recommend me a frag-free aftershave lotion?

Try Rexona Essentials for Men Aftershave Balm and Nivea for Men ExtraSensitive (in the white bottle) aftershave balm. Both are fragrance neutral and do a great job for their modest price. The former leaves you with a slightly drier look than the latter.

I tried the hideously expensive Lab Series Razor Burn Relief+, while it worked well, it didn't work any better than the other two on my skin.

The other advantage of these ones is that you can spray two or three squirts of EDT into the balm before applying it, twirl it around to mix the EDT and the balm up, and you have your own matching aftershave balm.
    Renato

Mad_Hatter

Nivea for Men Face CREAM for Sensitive skin. Very mild and frag-free.

A bit more outre - Geo F Trumper's block of alum. You rub it on to a still damp face and it makes you jump through the roof Also you would need to moisturise as well (I use Clarins). Should solve your skin probs though.

I'm gonna put another note in here for mens science...
    http://www.menscience.com/

There products have really impressed me so far and I hear very good things about their non-greasy face lotion.

The also have a witch-hazel based post shave toner.

Here's what I use:

Recipe for 200ml After Shave:

Acidum salic. 2,0
    Mentholum 0,2
    Urea Pura 1,0
    Alcohol 70%
    ad 200,00 ml

mixed by a pharmacist. Rather inexpensive, and almost no smell. Smells like very mild Gin or something like that. If you need more moisturizing you might want to increase the Urea to 1,5 or 2,0, a good pharmacist should be able to tell you if that's okay or if there's another ingredient that might do a better job.
    Just make sure it is Ethanol and not some Isopropylblahdingus, otherwise it will smell like nail polish remover.

I would also suggest Nivea Sensitive. Overall, I don`t have nothing but good things to say about Nivea products.
    But do they sell Nivea in States... :-? (That`s if Conehead comes from there)

Well, first of all, I find that Zirh Clean is a great shave prep, leaving skin soft and "lubed" for shaving. I always finish with an exfoliating scrub, usually good ole StIves Apricot Scrub. So when I reach for an A/S, I want something slightly moisturizing.

That said, my new loves are Aveda Men Aftershave balm - a light gel that works wonders, though it smells like pepper and cloves...but I find it works a sa nice compliment to most of my scents during winter months.

My other love is Body Shop Aftershave Balm - a clear odorless gel, that works perfectly.

Other times, I will use Kiehls Blue Astringent which has that "ouch" factor, but with regular use works wonders for my skin. It doesn't mositurize, so I don't use it often...

HERE'S MY DREAM PRODUCT: Someone, please, make me an odorless gel that moisturizes, has SPF, works as a styptic, calms red skin, and exfoliates the top layer while rejuvenating the lower layers. And it should be under $20 for a 2-3 month supply.

Is that so much to ask for?

Thanks for all the info, folks! Looks like I should explore my options...
    url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/972]Wardrobe[/url]