Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Default Re: What kind of razor do you use??

just bought myself a feather artist series Japanese style..it works fine for the side of my face but cant get a flat surface and it pulls while trying to shave my neck/chin/upper lip..even tried the professional blades and the super blades that have more exposure...the only thing I am using it for now is a $200 room decoration and I use it shave the hairs on the back of my neck.
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Thumbs up Re: What kind of razor do you use??

Now i am using this fantastic razor
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

I just use some Schick one...

Went to DE razor shaving and havent looked back...Cartridges suck in getting a baby smooth shave and they cost an arm and a leg for the blades....I love wet shaving now with a DE razor and the many choices of fantastic shaving soaps and creams..I actually look forward to shaving now...

I just ordered this bad boy..

Somebody above said he had problems with it but I've read and heard nothing but good things about this one...Its a "milder" shave versus my Merkur 34C BUT for me its perfect because I want to shave everyday...The other thing I heard about this Feather razor is you have to hold it basically at a 45 degree angle not a 30 degree angle like most DE razors...That could be the problem with people who complain about his one...
    Looking for Byredo Pulp -

Gillette Proglide

All metal version of the Feather Popular razor from Whipped Dog. Very mild.
    Dock-a-loodle-fod

Merkur 34c

I have owned a Bruan Pulsonic Shaving System for over two years. It works great for me

Schick Quattro Titanium...solid razor

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest--Benjamin Franklin
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

Merkur 41C, mostly with Astra or Q-Ball (Personna factory) blades.
    My current top five:

Etro - Vetiver
    Slumberhouse - Ore
    Parfum d'Empire - Cuir Ottoman
    Hermès - Equipage (vtg)
    Geo F Trumper - Curzon

My fragrance reviews | http://yeoldecivetcat.blogspot.it/

My sales - WORLDWIDE | Vtg Signoricci 1 & Signoricci 2 - EDT 200 ML BNIB | http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...DT-200-ML-BNIB

Ive put my big boy pants on and have been regularly shaving with a Feather Artist SS straight razor. I must admit, im still not 100% with it and i do nick myself a bit but i still adore this razor. So much so im looking into getting the DX model

I use both double edge razors and straight razors only. Brand wise everything from vintage Gillette old types and new improved series from the 1920's to modern ikon razors. As far as straights Thiers Issard , Boker , Ralf Aust, and even GD. Fom a dermatoligical standpoint it is sad to see a few people make claims about modern technology, and nuking blade carts bing so good for you. This is so incorrect it is not funny as it creates a condition known as hysteresis or ingwn hairs. Also higher rates of irritation and skin trouble. Put in laymans terms if you have a Mach 3 you are running or usually BUFFING 3 blades appx. 9x or more against your skin that is 9 blades 3x everyday. You literally lift the hair cut lift cut lift cut below the skin line ( epidermal layer ) potentially causing big issues for your complexion. Bottom line do what works for you , but o not confuse modern advances in men's shaving with modern advances in shaving marketing and lulling your sales to he newest razor on the market that's cheaper to make and worse for your skin. Btw a double edge only ouches your skin 1-3 times period.

Basenotes Plus

These days, I use Gillette Fusion Proglide for my face, and Mach 3 to shave my head.

Cool Luvs me straight razors

Rocked the Bambola this morning-

Rudolf Schmidt built this razor for the Spanish export market back in the day

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.

Home: an old wooden handle safety razor that takes Gillette trac II plus blades and badger brush. On the road I use Mulberry's shaving kit

-Mark
    Using Tapatalk

Panasonic Wet and Dry with King of Shaves Kinexium oil

Got my Feather Artist DX now.....so that lol

99 times out of a hundred I use a straight razor as the shaves I get from those are beyond compare with anything else.
    The other time would either be a DE razor or an old SE razor.

This is an example of a typical set-up:

For those who don't know what an old SE (single-edge) razor is, this is an example. It's a Wilkinson Pall-Mall razors that uses a section of a straight razor. More 'modern' single-edge razors use throw-away blades.

Cool What kind of razor do you use?? - Straight Razor!

Quote Originally Posted by decraew View Post
    99 times out of a hundred I use a straight razor as the shaves I get from those are beyond compare with anything else.

~~~Amen Brother!

Razor used for this morning's shave-

Got this 7/8 1/1 Hollow razor from Ronny in Belgium - RONCALL

Currently wearing a La Petit Blanche (Coticule) edge

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.

Oh! La Petite Blanche! My first coticule was a huge LPB. Very fast cutting rock. I sold it because I prefer smaller hones.
    And a nice razor Jake!

Thanks decraew! The LPB bout pictured above was my very first coticule purchased from Jarrod (thesuperiorshave) in Jacksonville Fla. I rode up there in March 2011 on my motorbike and bought that bout and slurry stone and my first straight razor, a new stainless steel Dovo straight razor (6/8, full hollow), and a strop. Had absolutely no idea what I was doing with any of it=:-)

learning to use that bout didn't come easy for me but what tripped the light fantastic for me, I was using that bout in a progression along with a Belgain Blue Whetstone and a Les Latnueses coticule, for the honing paradigm, sharpening dull razors to shave ready. The LPB was used to correct the bevels (synthetic 1K hones work better for really dull blades first), then I polished the blade (once it cut arm hair well) using the BBW and slurry (about 100 X strokes). Then I finished on the les lat using straight water. that worked for me

eventually dilucot was attainable but I wasn't using the LPB for dilucot. when I used the LPB, it was strictly for correcting bevels, if at all and it sat unused for a long time. Then one day after a long hiatus, I picked it up and started using it for dilucot and the edges were just falling off that bout shave ready, easy as eating pie. I have other coticule veins and use them but this LPB bout sees the most use anymore

for those reading my prose wondering what dilucot is, take a look here- http://www.coticule.be/straight-razor-honing.html That's the index page for straight razor honing at coticule dot be here's the entrance to the mothership http://www.coticule.be/

apologies in advance to all if I've taken this thread too off topic

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.

Mach 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk