Code of Conduct

Default Shower Gel with Leather Scent

Hi Everyone !

Any suggestions for a shower gel with a leather scent? Thank you !

Erfl
    Wondrous is our great blue ship that sails around the mighty sun and joy to everyone that rides along!

Default Re: Shower Gel with Leather Scent

I believe they make a Cuiron shower gel, which should smell very leathery, but I haven't tried it so I can't give much of a review

I have the Dunhill for Men (1934) shower gel. It is fairly liquidy. It doesn't have a strong leather note, more of the zest and spice notes. I wouldn't expect it to come on strong in the shower anyway ... the leather note in Dunhill '34 comes out a few hours into the scent.

I have Fahrenheit shower gel; pretty good. A little goes a long way. I don't consider Fahrenheit to be particularly leathery ... more of a floral scent.

A couple of years ago I used to have Z-14 shower gel, but I threw it out - not good.

Cuiron would be one that probably has a prominent leather note, given that the scent as a whole really is a leather scent, not just a component.

I recall that MikeFromManhattan has Habit Rouge shower gel or soap, so you might ask him about that.
    K
    In rotation: YSL PH HC, Devin, Aramis 900, Halston 1-12, CdNIM, Helmut Lang Cologne, et al.

Blog Entries

I have both old and new style HR shower gel and it is very nice but not particularly strong in the leather department.
    Currently wearing: 1881 Signature by Cerruti

I highly recommend Chanel Antaeus shower gel. Delicious gel and great bottle - feel like a king when I am using it!

Mic.

Habit Rouge shower gel isn't very leathery to me either. I like good old Cussons Imperial Leather soap.

Try Quorum by Antonio Puig. I find the leather note quite dominant in the shower gel. As such I find it a bit too 'powerful' to use at this time of year.

Trot

Antaeus!

I've been using the Cuiron shower gel and it does of course smell of leather. But it doesn't stay on the body for a very long time. Maybe around an hour or so on my skin.

If not now, when?

Bumping this post...because I must say that Bandit shower gel is a perfect leather prominent shower gel.

Knize Ten shower gel is pretty good. I got mine from here:

http://www.jebe.de/Parfuemerie-Kosme...=40655&p=40655

Habit Rouge shower gel.
    "That lover which is like fragrance
    Whose voice is as beautiful as Urdu.

She who hides in the flowers
    you can only find her from her fragrance."

"Chaiyya Chaiyya," from the film, "Dil Se."
    Currently wearing: Hypnôse by Lancôme

I hope I won't offend any Axe/Lynx haters but doesn't that brand have one with the scent of various leathers? I think "Instinct" or...
    I don't use their gels but I noticed it when I was looking at their deos. I like mildly scented shower gels that won't clash with my frags.
    Currently wearing: Zen for Men by Shiseido

The Tabac Original fragrance and grooming range also includes a bath and shower gel, with the characteristic leathery-spicy scent of this fragrance line, besides, I am pretty certain that it will be good value for money
    Currently wearing: Tasmeem by Rasasi

Easy. Axe Instinct. Go ahead. Laugh. Secretly try it. Realize I was right.

Knize Ten also has its matching shower gel.
    Currently wearing: Tasmeem by Rasasi

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Bumping this post...because I must say that Bandit shower gel is a perfect leather prominent shower gel.
    I agree. I am on my second bottle of it now. I can't use Bandit as a fragrance, it's a bit too bitter but the shower gel tempers that aspect.

Is there any reason that you guys are still answering the original poster's question seven years after he first asked it?
    And where he never bothered to respond even once with a single thanks to the original responders at the time?
    Regards,
    Renato

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Is there any reason that you guys are still answering the original poster's question seven years after he first asked it?
    And where he never bothered to respond even once with a single thanks to the original responders at the time?
    Regards,
    Renato
    Well, even though the original poster abandoned it, I thought it was an informative thread. I picked up tips about other shower gels with a leather note from both the old and new posters.

If not now, when?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    The Tabac Original fragrance and grooming range also includes a bath and shower gel, with the characteristic leathery-spicy scent of this fragrance line, besides, I am pretty certain that it will be good value for money
    Oh, what a great idea, I forgot about that one.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

I think VC&A Midnight In Paris has a bath gel. This would have a nice leather note.

Avon has a few like Black Suede and some of the flankers.
    "That lover which is like fragrance
    Whose voice is as beautiful as Urdu.

She who hides in the flowers
    you can only find her from her fragrance."

"Chaiyya Chaiyya," from the film, "Dil Se."
    Currently wearing: Hypnôse by Lancôme

I googled leather scented soap because Instinct is extinct now and I'm looking for a replacement. This popped up and I threw my two cents in. Kind of like you apparently did. No thanks is necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Good to know. I'm looking for a leather scented soap. Thanks for responding.

- - - Updated - - -

I love Tabac but I can't detect the leather or tabacco scents I keep hearing about. It smells like a rich man's Old Spice to me. Which is good, just not very tabacco or leather-like, to my nose anyway.

Great thread to resurrect. I like shower gels and I like leathers. The Knize Ten shower gel I bought a couple of months ago in Cambridge is not bad but is not leathery at all (the lotion is, not with the rich ambery florals of the original, just a dry leather drydown). Bandit's shower gel (and body cream) are as sensational as the perfume.

cacio