Code of Conduct

Thread: Best face wash?

Default Best face wash?

I have been using Zirhęs Clean - Face wash for a while now and I quite like the minty freshness. However since Ięm always looking for new good stuff I would like to try another brand. I have dry, sensitive skin-what are your recommendations? In Sweden the following brands are not available: Jack Black, Baxter and Anthony Logistics - so you canęt choose those!

Looking forward to suggestions
    Regards
    /MMM

Default Re: Best face wash?

biotherm homme non drying facial cleanser. the best overall cleanser ever. doesnt dry out. in fact, i think it helps create a more uniform complexion (gets rid of the redness). smells good too! check with a biotherm counter for a sample (they always have lots of these floating around).

Phytomer Homme Global Pur

I'm a big fan of both Clarins and Aramis Lab Series products.

Have you ever tried the face wash by Dr. Hauschka? It smells horrible but if you have dry sensitive skin it's a godsend. The rest of the range is also worth checking out!

When it comes to things like face wash, moisturisers, and sunscreen, I stick to what dermatologists recommend.

I've got dry skin, and I've used Sebamed Liquid Face and Body Wash for years.  Fragrance free, contains nothing that might irritate the skin, and absolutely PH neutral, so it doesn't strip the skin of oil.  Inexpensive too, because you only need a tiny amount to wash the whole face.  

I've also tried Cetaphil's liquid cleanser, which is also highly recommended by dermatologists.  It's also a very good product, but it's a little more alkaline than Sebamed, so it's better suited to slightly more oily skin than mine.  

I wouldn't be put of brands like Anthony Logistics and Baxters of California so easily as their products are widely regarded as excellent.

I also have dry sensitive skin and am very impressed with the anthony logistics algae facial cleanser (designed for normal to dry skin) along with other products in their range.

I live in the UK where obtaining this brand is expensive. If you are interested in such products I would recommend visiting the MenEssentials website (www.menessentials.com). Their products are priced really well, and packaging isn't too expensive if you buy a number of products at the same time.

Hi MonkeyManMatt
    I have been using Philosophy Real Purity face wash and it is excellent.
    www.philosophy.com

Would also recommend the Baxter's of California Face Wash and The Art of Shaving face wash.

www.theartofshaving.com

Sante.
    THE BEST OF 2009 to date Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire Pour Homme, Cologne Pour Le Soir, Annick Goutal Mandragore Pourpre

REDISCOVERING CLASSICS - AGAIN!:- , Guerlain Derby, L'Artisan Premier Figuier

i alternate.

in the morning its Cetaphil Cleanser. yup, the cheap drugstore stuff, i read about it on models.com a long time ago and have been hooked. models have good skin right?

at night i either use Kiehl's Blue Herbal Gel Cleanser or the Gentle Foaming Facial Cleanser.

I swear by Kiehl's stuff. it the best!

Thanks for all the answers guys, keep 'em coming!

MMM

For dry/sensitive skin you might try Dr. Hauschka's Cleansing Milk. Contrary to what the name should imply, it's used just as a face wash. It smells of rose and i take it to be essentially a unisex product (should be ok also for de-makeup).

These products are holistic/biodynamic stuff and work rather well without being aggressive. I'm using it, and since I have combination skin I then need to apply some Clinique claryfing lotion 3.

Dr. Hauscka sells sample kits, so you can try what their stuff feels like and if it works ok.

Kiehl's Blue Herbal is great in the cleanser...the toner is really strong and drying..but the cleanser is fairly mild, but slightly cooling and effective. Love it!

lancome homme face wash, the best

Alpha Hydrox face wash is excellent and inexpensive.

Art of Shaving and Aesop make fantastic face washes as well but I find them overpriced. Bliss also makes nice washes of varying strengths.

Lastly, I find Aveeno and Dove to make a nice foaming face wash.

Regards,
    Al

The best Facial wash in my opinion is by Menscience, is about $20 but is highly worth the price for its ingredients.

I agree with Zara21. I've been using MenScience now for almost a week and I have had radical improvement with my skin. Very good for sensitive skin/combo etc.... very fast delivery and great customer service.

whats a good face wash for oily skin?

Quote Originally Posted by jimzcali
    I agree with Zara21.  I've been using MenScience now for almost a week and I have had radical improvement with my skin.  Very good for sensitive skin/combo etc.... very fast delivery and great customer service.  
    I concur. Menscience face wash has done wonders for my combo/sensitive skin. No fragrance, no dyes, no fuss, just results. I also use their moisturizer at night. Very light and uses small concentrations of AHAs and BHA to improve skin. A great new product range that bypasses all the BS and delivers results.

I have used Shiseido Benefiance Creamy Cleansing Foam for ages. A pea-sized amount foams like crazy and rinses right off without stripping my dry skin. If you feel uncomfortable trying "womens" skincare they have a version strictly for men that's almost as good.

I think you should be able to get samples of them. Where in Sweden do you live by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by imitations

The Murad Salacylic Acid Cleanser works wonders for ance prone skin.

Nivea for Men Face Scrub is really good. Leaves your skin feeling really really smooth.

Very economical aswell.

I'm not really a fan of skin care products because they are so expensive, but I do have som efavourites.

Can I recommend to you the Clean & Clear range by Johnson and Johnson? It is so inexpensive I can afford the whole range.

I am using the Clean & Clear *Advantage Quick Clear* products now, and they have a good potion for qucikly clearing spots.

For getting rid black heads I use Beore strips which pull out they blackheads onto the strip. It is very satisfying to use them and inspect the paper afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by IPaidForThisName

The Murad Salacylic Acid Cleanser works wonders for ance prone skin.

Yep. It works wonders on mine. Thats the only one I use. I've tried Zihr, Anthony, Kiehls, basically name it and Ive tried it. Like all products what might work wonders on one skin type, could wreak havoc on an another.

I tried many, & i'll give my comment on each:

lab series soap: doesnt make a difference

clinique soap & toner: the soap drys the face while the tonic gives a burning sensation >

clarins men: is good but the foam is not so great :-/

lancome homme: is good too but gives u a sticky feeling after rinsing

Shesido men: is the best , creamy gentle foam, easy to rinse leaves skin brighter & fresh, love it ;D

the LCM line by lancome is nice too the washing foam has a tonic in it, which leaves skin fresh & toned

I have a tried a few that I liked.

Lancome - expensive women's line. A girlfriend got me to use ihers and I discovered it was ok and a good idea for a man to take care of his face. Just go to a counter and the reps will test your skin out for the best type of this and that.

Ernest Lazlo: more high end, but very fine. I get tired of going through the many stages though.

Aveda: highly reccommended, I use them now.

Keihls: since I discovered this line, I have been happy. It is the tops in my book.

I think that, among many good products, one of the best is Aramis Scrub. Lately I Have tried Zihr products but seem overmarketed and not worth the price althogh famous actors and sports star use them.....

Quote Originally Posted by randman
    I

Keihls:  since I discovered this line, I have been happy.  It is the tops in my book.  
    hey randman,

thanks for this ... i've always used clarin and have been quite happy with it. given the reviews i've read on keihls, really wanna give it a try ...

thanks,
    skott

I used the complete Shiseido Men range and I still think it's excellent, especially the cleansing foam and the scrub.
    But now I found something better:
    Cellular Purifying Systeme by La prairie. Excellent for oily or combination skin.

The cleansing gel is the best I've ever used, it doesn't leave my skin dry and it just feels incredible.
    The toner is very strong, great for oily skin, but also matifying.
    The Hydrating fluid is also very good.

Unfortunately, the whole range is incredibly expensive. Prices in Germany are:
    cleansing gel: 54•
    toner: 64•
    fluid: 116•
    But hey, we're paying insane sums for fragrances, and they can't do anything for our skin :-[

Hi Matt,

I've never found anything better than Pears Soap. There's a liquid wash, too. I prefer the bar. It smells of thyme, lasts forever, and never irritates my skin.

Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel for normal to oily skin, and Essential Cleansing Solution for dry skin. Followed by Multi Active Toner and Active Moist Moisturiser. Use those three and your face will look and feel great.

1st Pick - The Art of shaving - Strong peppermint scent. Srub is medium course. This product works great on my face.

2nd - Shiseido Men - Little goes a long way, rinses very easily and has a pleasent scent. Srubs is very mild.

3rd - Clinique - Srub feels like sandpaper - very course.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_kid
    Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel for normal to oily skin, and Essential Cleansing Solution for dry skin.  Followed by Multi Active Toner and Active Moist Moisturiser.  Use those three and your face will look and feel great.
    I have to second these choices. I've used Dermalogica for about two months now and am very impressed. My skin behaves very well nowadays.

Their Ultracalming Cleanser is great too. It's a creamy gel that goes on dry skin and rinses right off. Can't really decide between that and the Essential Cleansing Solution.

Quote Originally Posted by imitations
    I recently tried Peter Thomas Roth Foaming cleanser for oily/combination skin and like it a lot. I also have less oil during the day after using it in the morning.

I have used alot of cleansers/toners and here's what I thought about them....

Nivea- Its ok, but it does dry my skin and it has fragrance in it.

Clearasil for men - Harsh, has SA in it and its not recommended for dry skin. Feels tingly on the skin.

Clinique- Again very harsh, and it left me with flaky skin.

Eucerin Face wash with 5% Urea- Good cleanser, it still drys my skin out but to lesser extent than any of the above.

Chanel systeme hydration - Not a men range but I found it to be one of the best cleansers for dry skin.

I really like Dr. Perricone Olive Oil cleanser. I use it before shaving and it softens my beard very nicely. It also moisturizes without leaving an oily or shiney residue.