Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default BEST UNSCENTED DEODORANT?

What do ya'all recommend for an unscented deodorant...I really liked Axe's products, but don't wanna mix scents!

There are so many to choose from, and the all-natural crystals are kind of a pain to use, especially when in a rush - SUGGESTIONS?

marlen
    japan/usa

Default Re: BEST UNSCENTED DEODORANT?

Sharps Pit Guard -- no scent whatsoever, and even works well as an anti-perspirant.

Sam 8)

SURE. ╩Solid unscented. Very best. ╩Some say mitchum, but it does not come close to Sure for me. ╩

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_P
    Sharps Pit Guard -- no scent whatsoever, and even works well as an anti-perspirant.

Sam ╩8)
    Just ordered this from Menessentials, and I'm very happy with it. No scent at all, and it seems to work well.

Prior to this I'd been using Arm & Hammer scent-free for many years. It was OK, but lately I'd started to be annoyed with the residue it leaves. The Sharps Happy Me Pit Guard has been working very well so far.

seems like there's currently about 3 threads on this topic.

almay.

Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado

As other users suggested I now use Mitchum unscented roll-on. Great stuff
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells
    As other users suggested I now use Mitchum unscented roll-on. Great stuff
    I second the Mitchum. Unscented roll on,clear gel or hydro solid -- they are all very effective.

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Nothing beats Mitchum inscented!!! I use the clear gel.

Try the deodorant stick by Nickel. I forgot the name, but I think they only got one. It's supposed to be put in the fridge or extra cooling. It has a light scent that doesn't mix with your fragrances. I used it last summer, but it's too expensive for me to use everyday (about 20 ą).

Arrid XX Dry stick works the best for me. Others seemed to lose their effectiveness after a while but this one still works great after using it for the last 8 years.

Tom's Deodorant. Can't remember the full name but it's all natural. Unfortunately it's all natural ingredients make me break out. Go figure....

The best by far is Arm and Hammer's unscented solid.

The problem here is it's a solid and can potentially leave white marks on shirts that aren't white. I say A & H because the baking soda makes it the only deodorant that is highly effective after the fact. I've often forgotten to put on deodorant and had to reach for A & H as it eliminates and neutralizes BO when you've forgotten to apply after a shower or even if your initial application of something else gives out. This doesn't happen often, but it can be a real lifesaver for when it does, especially if you're at work or whereever else.

A close second (and actually better) if you need a clear unscented is Mitchum Gel. There is a faint scent, but it dissappears after it dries. Recommended if you are wearing black or another color that would show a white solid stick. Sure Unscented Gel is also good.

Default unscented deodorant?

My girlfriends father was showing me this natural salt crystal deodorant he uses. It has absolutely no smell, you just rub it under your arms and it kills bacteria and absorbs moisture all day.

Has anyone else heard of/used this. If it works well it would be perfect to prevent body odour without ruining the smell of fragrances.

Default Re: unscented deodorant?

I don't know about salt crystals, but it sounds interesting. Where does this guy get them? I just use an unscented gel (Mitchum) and it works just fine for me.

It's called "Tawas" in the philippines and is fairly common there. It's basically Potash Alum. It's been exported worldwide already:

http://www.tawascrystal.com/

http://www.crystaldeodorant.com/

I use the crystal deo 2, u can get it at wa;greens for around 4 bucks i think.

overall it's a good product, but the problem is if you sweat a lot then it can still smell so maybe keep something else for really hot days or times you're doing intense physical exercise.

perfect for normal use.

I happened to buy Mugler Cologne's mineral deodorant just last week. I thought it would reduce sweating but it doesn't, so it's indeed not suited for the hottest weather. But it dˇes effectively keep away the bad smell

This is the one I use. I get it from health shops:

http://www.crystalspringltd.co.uk/

It's great and ideal to wear with fragrance because it is totally neutral. It also lasts for ages.

I got one of these in a New West gift set years ago. It worked OK for me for the first couple weeks or so. Then my skin broke out terribly, and it took almost a month for it to get back to normal. Lesson learned: If one has problems with antiperspirants (like I do), the crystals will be no different.
    Life is a banquet...and I got botulism! -- Me

I had the same reaction to one of those crystals. I use Almay unscented hypoallergenic anti-perspirant. Works great and no smell.

I have tried Mitchum Unscented and some of the crystal stuff (in a spray form however) and none of it worked well for me.

I did however find some unscented stuff called MAXIM and it works wonders, I don't sweat at all when I wear it. It's kind of pricey though at about $20 a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by jerd
    I had the same reaction to one of those crystals. I use Almay unscented hypoallergenic anti-perspirant. Works great and no smell.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeuceRooster
    I have tried Mitchum Unscented and some of the crystal stuff (in a spray form however) and none of it worked well for me.
    I broke out from both of those, too!

I have found I can only wear deodorant and no antiperspirants. Even then I've run into a couple of those that broke me out. These days I use Avalon Organics roll-on (lavender or rosemary), and it works pretty well. The scent disappears rather quickly, so it's never caused a problem with any fragrance I wear. When I need something a little stronger, I use Addidas deodorant that contains cotton fibers to help absorb some wetness.

Really, it's not a bad thing to sweat, so I don't worry too much about it. But I do think a trip to a dermatologist is in my future...

I used to use the crystal with good results. There are many brands that can be found at any health food store for cheap.

I have since switched over to kiss My Face Active Enzyme or Earth Science Lichen Deodorant. Both work in a simialr fashion by digesting the odor causing bacteria. They are VERY effective! They do not stop sweating, which is a good thing. Seating is an important function.

Quote Originally Posted by pesurf
    I have since switched over to kiss My Face Active Enzyme or Earth Science Lichen Deodorant. Both work in a simialr fashion by digesting the odor causing bacteria. They are VERY effective! They do not stop sweating, which is a good thing. Seating is an important function.
    Thanks for the tip on that. I will have to look for those and give them a try.

Lush makes really good natural deodorant bars, but they're very impractical to use.

Mineral crystals is the way

laurent
    Invisible Power

I use Triple dry by lynden voss it`s unscented and keeps me dry.
    Have not been able to find the crystals,have been wanting to try them out
    will just have to keep searching.

Found a new one recently, from Dermadoctor, expensive as hell, but it works for days, I'm convinced. I played basketball, I sweated everywhere but between my arms. Doesn't stain my shirts either, like some can.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Well, deodorant or antiperspirant? Personally I think it's unpleasant having large wet patches on shirts, even if they're odourless!. So I don't use deodorants. I do use Clinique Unscented Antiperspirant which comes as a nice environmentally friendly stick and keeps me dry as well as, one hopes, pleasant...

Quote Originally Posted by scenteur7 View Post
    What do ya'all recommend for an unscented deodorant...I really liked Axe's products, but don't wanna mix scents!

There are so many to choose from, and the all-natural crystals are kind of a pain to use, especially when in a rush - SUGGESTIONS?

marlen
    japan/usa
    Earnest and nearly tearful blessings on you and any other man who goes with an unscented product. Scented pit products are one of the things that make me suspect the existence of hell.
    Mitchum's unscented has never let me down. If you can, try a few trial/travel sizes of various products, to see what works for you.
    If you have a lot of hair under your arms, the deodorant has a better chance of contacting your skin if it is a liquid, rather than a solid.

Scenteur7,

I'll second the suggestion; i've been using the Mitchum unscented clear gel for years - and yes, i shave my underarms. See another thread somewhere around here for the reason why!
    blackguard, n.
    3 : an inverted gentleman
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ5a2JH_BVE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWEOaosGDi0
    ... o¨ flotte l'Útendard ...
    ... Ich will die Ruhe st÷ren ...
    ... Stand up and admit it! ...

The best one i have used is Mitchums Unscented roll-on.Brilliant stuff.

Add me to the Mitchum unscented votes. I used to go for the roll-on, but now I'm a fan of the clear gel. Nothing else I've tried even comes close.

So effective you could skip a day.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

I use Tom's of Maine as well, great product. More expensive than regular since it is natural.

I used to be a die hard fan of degree unscented but they sadly discontinued it. I've been using their milder scented ones til recently and became fed up with them. I purchased a spray version of the crystal rock which doesn't seem to be completely effective. I just got back from lunch and picked up a thing of the crystal solid (the moisten to use kind) and a stick of Tom's. Challengeits has begun!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

i finally tried the Mitchum gel, but to be honest it really didn't work good on me....after a regular day of school, wearing a t-shirt and longsleeve, I both smelled some and perspirated....My last deodorant was Lab Series' one, which even after months of use beat the first days of Mitchum easily...

I now wear Degree Power, does a great job and has very minimal smell which stays close. Don't notice it all day.
    Last edited by Mattybumpkin; 9th November 2007 at 04:04 AM.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Smile Re: BEST UNSCENTED DEODORANT?

Kiss My Face - Liquid Rock roll-on deodorant. It's paraben free.

http://www.kissmyfacewebstore.com/de...l_On_Deodorant
    Top 6: Amerigo Vespucci, by Kilian A Taste of Heaven, Serge Lutens Borneo 1834, Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, Creed Bois du Portugal, Barney's New York Route du The

I just discovered Almay. It was under $3 and it's a fantastic antiperspirant.
    --------------------------------------
    Warning: Tom's of Maine unscented was terrible. I don't know if it's my body chemistry or if it's just no good, but I swear it actually made me smell worse and sweat more. I wrote a letter to Tom's and they kindly agreed to refund it, so I'm still a fan of Tom's (just not the deodorant).
    Last edited by bernat; 9th November 2007 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriousmongoose View Post
    Mitchum's unscented has never let me down.
    It is the only deodorant I have used since high school - more than mumble-mumble years ago! Actually, its close to forty years and I have never had a problem with either the roll-on or gel.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Lab Series works good for me and is totally unscented.

Is this the one people b een talking about ?

AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Blog Entries

Smile Re: BEST UNSCENTED DEODORANT?

I have using Dove original clean which, has very little scent, so much so that I have never perceived any adverse contamination of whatever fragrance I wear and it really keeps me dry and odorless. I will have to try some of the suggestions made on this thread. As usual, diversity of experience, as share here on Base Notes, widens one's horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by ohhmygod View Post
    Is this the one people been talking about ?
    OMG - I have mentioned that one on another thread or two. Effective, however I noticed that it (and Clarins For Men) build-up on me (and I shower twice a day, every day).

I'm a fan of the mineral crystal deodorants - however these won't keep you dry.

I've recently switched to Dove Anti-Perspirant Deodorant Moisturising Cream (it comes in a stick) and I'm very happy with it.
    Last edited by Dr_Rudi; 23rd December 2009 at 06:24 AM.

What exactly build-up on you, Dr_Rudi ? U cant wash the residue off or wat ?
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

What exactly build-up on you, Dr_Rudi ? U cant wash the residue off or wat ?
    Um, yeah. Kind of hard to explain. But when showering I'd notice that the deodorant built up over several days - I was never able to wash it off completely - and that's using sorbolene bar, followed by shower gel on a shower puff. My underarms never felt "clean" - they always felt like I still had deodorant on - kind of sticky. It might be fantastic for someone who doesn't shower as often (Yuk!) or maybe just wants to put deodorant on a couple of times a week (double Yuk!).

Uh oh ...that doesnt happen to me with Lynx. I'll try then, Lynx doesnt help stopping the sweat ... Last few days here i was sweating like crazy.

"No Pain, No Gain"

Currently using Tom's of Maine unscented (though it does have a slight smell), which is working pretty well. Just read a bunch about alum over at Badger and Blade and bought Christal alum deodorant stick (see amazon), haven't used it yet though.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress,
    Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura
    HARD TO FIND -
    Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, Champacca Absolute and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by scenteur7 View Post

marlen
    japan/usa
    Go with a Thai Deodorant stone. It is mineral salts which inhibit the growth of bacteria, and thus the BO. The stone really works with NO scent what so ever.
    Green Dragon

Aliquando et insanire iucundum est.

I just placed an order on this

They didnt have the solid type so i had to get this instead

"No Pain, No Gain"

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Since the thread was brought back from the dead zone I will bring back the recommendation of Mitchum Unscented (gel for me) as one of the best. I picked up 3 recently at Big Lots for $2.00 each
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

@ohmygod, it's the same over here in Malaysia, only the roll on is available and not the stick type.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

They didnt have the solid type so i had to get this instead

OMG - you can buy the stick in Myers and DJs.

@Johny 4: hey man, i bought it online at strawberrynet for 23 aussie bux. They had it before, and then when my money arrives in Paypal, they took it off !!! I HATE THE M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Dr_Rudi: It's ok man i know i just cant be bothered going to the city , too hot Plus i think i prefer the roll-on type. (i think)

"No Pain, No Gain"

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    I used to be a die hard fan of degree unscented but they sadly discontinued it. I've been using their milder scented ones til recently and became fed up with them. I purchased a spray version of the crystal rock which doesn't seem to be completely effective. I just got back from lunch and picked up a thing of the crystal solid (the moisten to use kind) and a stick of Tom's. Challengeits has begun!
    I used Gillette Series Clear Gel antiperspirant/deodorant quite happily for nearly a decade but I had recently been looking for something chemical-free so I, too, bought the crystal solid one.

It seems to work quite well, with one caveat: I am not sure just how much I should be applying. Because I do not want to risk applying too little, I have been going with five or six application strokes per armpit, which is probably too much.

To jrd4t or anyone else who has used this in the past 2 1/2 years (), how much do you usually apply?

My skin reacted badly to the unscented solid Mitchum BUT I use the unscented gel with no problems.

Mitchum unscented gel here, too. I find I need very little of this product and gladly the gel container can accommodate this. I rather large ("30% more free!") stick lasted me just under 2 years.

http://www.amazon.com/Arm-Hammer-Ess.../dp/B001CI8NZI

Arm & Hammer Essentials Natural Deodorant, Unscented

aluminum free is the way to go.

Beware of the Mitchum unscented gels: they have an "unscented" Mitchum gel for women AND one for men. The one for men has an extremely strong "masking" odor: I don't know how they can call it unscented when it is definitely scented, just not as anything you'd recognize. The Mitchum gel for women has virtually no fragrance, just like Almay's clear gel. I don't get it.

Mitchum solid here, too. My only complaint is--if I put it on right out of the shower, and I haven't totally dried off, it can be a bit slimey. Still works great, though. Might try some of the other suggested, for comparison, in the coming weeks.

Sur la Plage

Is this the one people b een talking about ?

This was recommended to me by a female doctor for people who have sensitive skin - she says it is what she uses.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread