Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Montreal, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Fiveoaks_Bouquet View Post
    Boss, from whom did you hear this news? Did the boutique have Derby before? This is quite worrisome news. They originally said they would have all the exclusives.
    Chloe, the Guerlain counter manager at Ogilvy called HQ in Toronto to double check since it wasn't listed as arriving.

I never made it out to the boutique before (it was out of the way) but I imagine they had them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    Chloe, the Guerlain counter manager at Ogilvy called HQ in Toronto to double check since it wasn't listed as arriving.

I never made it out to the boutique before (it was out of the way) but I imagine they had them all.
    Thanks for the info. I visited the boutique many times but I don't remember about Derby. Has Ogilvy received the Boutique's stock yet?

I agree Canada and specifically Montréal should have access to the complete line.

Thanks for the info. I visited the boutique many times but I don't remember about Derby. Has Ogilvy received the Boutique's stock yet?

I agree Canada and specifically Montréal should have access to the complete line.
    Not yet. They hope it will be in sometime in February.

The whole store seems to be in limbo while they're anticipating the upcoming renovations for the Holt Renfrew/Ogilvy behemoth. I get the feeling they think that will solve all their problems but I think it may cause even more problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    Not yet. They hope it will be in sometime in February.

The whole store seems to be in limbo while they're anticipating the upcoming renovations for the Holt Renfrew/Ogilvy behemoth. I get the feeling they think that will solve all their problems but I think it may cause even more problems.
    I suggest they have a nice perfume discount sale day to pep things up!

I suggest they have a nice perfume discount sale day to pep things up!
    Haha, maybe! One of the SAs who is nice mentioned there should be one coming up!

15% off at Ogilvy this Thursday or Friday March.19/20 (not sure yet, maybe both days) and they have most of the Guerlains that came from the boutique!
    Last edited by hawk; 17th March 2015 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    15% off at Ogilvy this Thursday or Friday March.19/20 (not sure yet, maybe both days) and they have most of the Guerlains that came from the boutique! One of the sales reps has been so nice to me and I really want her to make more sales so if you're going to buy something at Ogilvy Montreal please PM me and I'll tell you who to ask for.
    Thanks for the heads-up, hawk. Perfect timing for me.

Thanks for the heads-up, hawk. Perfect timing for me.
    you're welcome... by the way I just realized they're putting the 15% on a gift card, the way Holt used to do it!

Update: Ogilvy's now has Guerlain Derby! There must have been a lot of requests for it. I couldn't resist so I bought one!

Good news about the Derby. Enjoy!

In the end I skipped the "-15% off," which it isn't really. You pay full price and get the -15% later, as hawk stated above, which would have been fine except there is a very narrow time window in which to use it and I would not need any more perfume or other item in Ogilvy right away. If it had been on one's next purchase with no time limit, that would have been okay. Now waiting until they have a real -15% off day, which they occasionally do. In the meantime, I bought a bottle of Chant d'Arômes at The Bay, as Ogilvy was out of it anyway.

Good news about the Derby. Enjoy!

In the end I skipped the "-15% off," which it isn't really. You pay full price and get the -15% later, as hawk stated above, which would have been fine except there is a very narrow time window in which to use it and I would not need any more perfume or other item in Ogilvy right away. If it had been on one's next purchase with no time limit, that would have been okay. Now waiting until they have a real -15% off day, which they occasionally do. In the meantime, I bought a bottle of Chant d'Arômes at The Bay, as Ogilvy was out of it anyway.
    Thanks!

Agreed about the limited time killing the deal for most people.

I think Quebec has a law where gift cards are not allowed to expire, so I believe it can be after the promotion period. So don't throw away such a card if you forget to use it!

For all in Montreal area,

The bi-annual Clarins Warehouse Sale event takes place on June 12th and 13th :

June, 12 : 9:30 - 20:30
    June, 13: 9:00 - 16:00

Address: 815 Desserte Est, Autoroute 13, Laval, H7W 5N4

Brands: Clarins, Thierry Mugler, Nuxe, Azzaro Paris, KIBIO, Swarovski, Purminerals, Anna Sui, Jimmy Choo, Boucheron Paris, Lanvin parfums and more

There will be a launch of Tauer perfumes at Etiket on June 13th, several of us plan to be there. Venez nombreux!

3 new brands at Etiket: Dame Perfumery and 2 others from Montreal, Monsillage and Jazmin Sarai.

Default Re: Montreal, Canada: Claude André Hébert

The new Claude Andrée Hébert boutique is now on St-Denis street still in Montreal. He as just launch a collection of 5 masterpieces eau de parfum celebrating the 375th anniverssary of our city. Just bought the men's fragrance Ville-Marie yesterday and it is amazing! http://claudeandrehebert.ca/

Interesting that Hebert has popped up again, for the 375th anniversary of Montreal. He also did a duo of scents for Quebec City's 400th a few years ago. The prices have spiked too, $185 for 100mls. But I suppose he wants his scents to be in the ballpark with the other niche players.

Hi,

I'm looking for somewhere to sample Maison Francis Kurkdjian fragrances. Anyone know?