Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Vancouver, B.C Canada

UPDATED: - I combined everyone's post for one really long post that combines all the information on perfume shopping in Vancouver.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Perfume Shoppe
    Sinclair Centre
    757 West Hastings Street
    Vancouver, BC
    V6C 1A1
    (604) 299-8463
    1-877-299-5800
    www.theperfumeshoppe.com

Well, I've been here myself and love it. Best for niche and I think the only place to go for niche fragrances in Vancouver. I really recommend this place and I really don't have to say anymore, just ask the other members. Check out their site to see what they carry. Mostly Niche (L'artisan, Serge Lutens, Montale, Amouage, Damien Bash, etc...) and they even carry some hard to get and discontinued designer scents.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definition Fragrances (Two locations)
    Eaton Centre in Metrotown Mall
    17A-4700 Kingsway
    Burnaby, B.C
    (604) 434-7236

Pacific Centre Shopping Mall
    770-777 Dunsmuir
    Downtown Vancouver
    (604) 662-3200

I'd recommend only really going to the Downtown store, because it's on your way to the other perfume shops around. They only really carry Designer scents, you might find something rare or discontinued, and they have a ton of mini's. They also have gifesets, etc... Basically a discount designer fragrance store. Beware: Really pushy SA's.

Gallery of Perfumes
    363-4820 Kingsway
    Metrotown Centre Mall
    Burnaby, B.C
    (604) 438-1223

Another Discount Perfume store in the Burnaby area. Roughly around a 20 to 30min drive outside of Downtown Vancouver. Overall mostly Designer scents, some rare and discontinued scents. A ton of mini's again with a lot of Designer Bath and Body Products. The only niche I think they carry is Creed but only the really popular ones like GIT, SMW, Himalaya & OV (no testers and only come in 4.0) and they sell for 150.00 CAN.

Holt Renfrew
    737 Dunsmuir Street
    Vancouver, B.C. V7Y 1K2
    Tel : (604) 681-3121

They carry a lot of high end stuff worth checking out. They carry Art of Shaving Sandalwood, Clean for Men, The Hermes Line, The Armani Prive Collection and other harder to find fragrances. Also, recently I've found out they carry the Dior Homme Trio, Cologne Blanche, Bois D'Argent & Eau Noire. Holts has a good selection of Creed upstairs in the women's section. These aren't represented at all in the men's fragrance dept. downstairs. Recent lines introduced in stores are Etat libre d'orange, Ineke, Frederic Malle, By Kilian, Bond NY, Tom Ford Private Blend and Clive Christian.

(CLOSED DOWN FOR NOW, MOVING TO ANOTHER LOCATION, WILL KEEP THIS UPDATED)
    Richard Kidd
    65 Water Street
    Downtown Vancouver (Gastown), B.C
    (604) 677-1880
    www.richardkidd.net

It's a high end streetwear clothing store but they almost carry all the Comme Des Garcons fragrances, and men's grooming aids from Sharp's. I can't remember everything they carried but I remember Series 2,3,6,CDG 2,2man, 3, White, Guerilla 1 & 2 with a whole lot of other stuff. For the hardcore CDG fans, or people just interested in the line, they can test them here. BTW, they don't open really late, they close M-S by 6pm and Sundays at 5pm. Also, their CDG scent are slight overpriced, my 50ml Kyoto costed 109 CDN before taxes.

Lola Home and Apparel Ltd.
    1076 Hamilton
    Downtown Vancovuer (Yaletown)
    (604) 633-5017

http://www.lolahomeandapparel.com/

They carry a ton of beatuy products from Diptyque and the ElizabethW. Sorry, I haven't been here myself so I can't give out a whole lot of information. Their Diptyque only comes in 50ml bottles and they are 85.00 Cdn. They also ship out their items. Also, if you'd like to request something special, you can contact them by phone.

The Bay (various locations in the lower mainland)

A large department store chain in Canada, they carry designer scents but the better ones are closer to Downtown. Check out the one at Pacific Centre and Park Royal. They carry the newer releases and expect to pay full retail price. I think the ones downtown might carry Annick Goutal or even Serge Lutens. Don't go here too often but worth a shot.

Shifeon - both on Robson (between Bute and Thurlow) and also in Oakridge Mall.

Pros:
    * Carry some hard to find perfumes that you will not find at The Bay and other mainstnream places (they have a few Caron and Balmain scents, for instance). They also have some of Creed's. Also have some Guerlain that are discontinued or harder to find at The Bay or Sears etc.
    * For every $50 you spend you get a $5 or $10 coupon the next month, which is valid for three months.

Cons:
    * The sales people are a bit pushy and rarely knowledgeable, but if you tell them you don't need their help they will leave you alone. First thing they ask you is if you know about their coupon promotion - so just tell them you do and that you buy there a lot and they will leave you alone (they have a lot of new staff all the time so they won't necessarily remember you even if you come there and buy there a lot).

Fruits and Passion

I love this store - it's a Canadian company, originally from Montreal, and they have beautifully packaged scented products - from EDT to bath products to kitchen scented products and even condiments - they also have a fabulous line for dogs that smells really good! I know I would be using it if I had a dog

There are two stores - one on Robson, a couple of stores away from The Body Shop. There is (or was) another one in Metrotown.

Kiehl's:

On Robson Street, where Lush used to be. They carry Kiehl's Original Musk, which is a great scent. I don't know much about this line, I think it's mostly cosmetics and the musk is the only scent I know of from them. But it's worth visiting just for that.

Cons: They have a huge skeleton in their window, whcih kept me away from getting in But it's worth getting over this scary obstacle just to smell their musk perfume.

Escents:

In various locations. Unfortunatley, they closed their flagship store on Robson street. They sell some nice body products and essential oils (although unfortuantely their essential oil line is shrinking). They offer a custom-blending counter (you pick the oils and they will blend it for you in a body lotion or soap etc.). They used to carry only naturals, but now started to sneak some fragrance oils into some of their blends, so if you want just an oil blend with no chemical you will need to make a bit of research. Their staff doesn't seem to be too knowledgeable about the product change and also - the labeling for these new products is deceiving and looks as if it's only essential oils like their other synergies, but it's not. My favourite from this store is their coconut milk body spray. A great smelling moisturizer with a perfect consistency... And also their unscented body lotions (a bit overpriced but very good) which you can scent with your favourite perfume or your own blends.

Hermes Boutique - Burrard and Alberni. Went to try out the Hermessence line a few weeks ago, and the kind SA gave me 2 X 4ml samples of my choice. I chose Poivre Samarcande and Ambre Narguille. It's good for now, since a 100ml of these EDTs can go as high as $300.

A recent discovery: Lothantique store on Granville and Broadway. Similar to L'Occitane in concept: French-made home scents, skin care and perfume.

Beauty Mark:

They carry most of Fresh line, Clean, Aquolina, Philosophy, Monyette Paris and also other smaller lines of body care and cosmetics. They used to have Comptoir Sud Pacifique and Calypso, but not anymore.

Their only location now is in Yaletown (they had to close their Denman boutique, unfortunately).

1120 Hamilton Street #103
    Vancouver, BC V6B 2S2
    Canada
    Tel: 604.642.2294

And also have an online store:
    http://beautymark.ca/

Kiss + Makeup - You will find this store in Park Royal Village (West Vancouver), The stocks Bond No. 9, if not all of the line pretty much the whole list. www.kissandmakeupstore.com

Others (brief mention):

Sears: Another Canadian department store chain. It has various locations and mostly the newer designer releases. Expect to pay full retail and expect the usually from department stores(giftsets and body products).

Shoppers Drug Mart: Another all around drug type store here in Vancouver. Various locations again, they have a chain of stores through out Canada. Nothing really special but they'll have deals now and then. I think they had Rive Gauche 125ml bottles going for 19.99 CAN a couple months back. They usually have weekly deals..like Polo Blue & Black 40ml for 19.99 during one week. Check out their weekly flyers in the mail/newspapers.

Real Canadian Super Store: Various locations again and they have a really tiny perfume section in this massive store. I wouldn't really recommend this place but they have Swiss Army 100ml now and then for 19.99 CAN and you can pick up YSL M7 for 39.99 CAN(two BN faves).

Winners: Various Locations in the lower mainland...big discount department store chain. They have gift-set extravaganza at Winners - Robson&Granville- when I went there yesterday. In the men's section I saw boxes upon boxes of Bulgari PH, Obsession Night, Grey Flannel, Joop Rococo, Boucheron, Bulgari BLV, Le Male, to name a few. The women section is on the other side of the floor (didn't really look).
    Last edited by nsamadi; 29th October 2008 at 12:43 AM.

Default Re: Vancouver, B.C Canada

Hey nsamadi!
    Great to meet another Vancouverite here on Basenotes. Lola is a great store - they carrry ElizabethW though, not Elizabeth Arden.

I got to check Richard Kidd one of these days for all the CdG. Can't wait to try some of them!

Another thing there is in Vancouver is Ayala Moriel Parfums, which is me... I don't have a retail location yet, but I am a perfumer who lives and creates in Vancouver, and I believe I am the only perfumer in Vancouver.
    I offer custom scents from pure natural essences, and have a portable perfumer's organ that I carry along with me - so we can do the Fragrance Consultation and Olfactory Journey through the Perfumer's Organ Building Blocks, and work together on designing your bespoke perfume in any location in the city that is convenient for you (your home or office, etc.).

My ready-to-wear line is available world-wide via my website. A termporary shopping cart is now fully-funcitoning on the website, and in the New Year it will be much better (both better looking and more user friendly).
    Last edited by Ayala; 13th November 2006 at 04:24 PM.

More perfume stores in Vancouver:

SHIFEON - both on Robson (between Bute and Thurlow) and also in Oakridge Mall.
    Pros:
    * Carry some hard to find perfumes that you will not find at The Bay and other mainstnream places (they have a few Caron and Balmain scents, for instance). They also have some of Creed's. Also have some Guerlain that are discontinued or harder to find at The Bay or Sears etc.
    * For every $50 you spend you get a $5 or $10 coupon the next month, which is valid for three months.

Cons:
    * The sales people are a bit pushy and rarely knowledgeable, but if you tell them you don't need their help they will leave you alone. First thing they ask you is if you know about their coupon promotion - so just tell them you do and that you buy there a lot and they will leave you alone (they have a lot of new staff all the time so they won't necessarily remember you even if you come there and buy there a lot).

FRUITS AND PASSION

I love this store - it's a Canadian company, originally from Montreal, and they have beautifully packaged scented products - from EDT to bath products to kitchen scented products and even condiments - they also have a fabulous line for dogs that smells really good! I know I would be using it if I had a dog

There are two stores - one on Robson, a couple of stores away from The Body Shop. There is (or was) another one in Metrotown.

KIEHL'S

(On Robson Street, where Lush used to be).
    They carry Kiehl's Original Musk, which is a great scent. I don't know much about this line, I think it's mostly cosmetics and the musk is the only scent I know of from them. But it's worth visiting just for that.

Cons: They have a huge skeleton in their window, whcih kept me away from getting in But it's worth getting over this scary o bstacle just to smell their musk perfume.

ESCENTS
    In various locations. Unfortunatley, they closed their flagship store on Robson street. They sell some nice body products and essential oils (although unfortuantely their essential oil line is shrinking). They offer a custom-blending counter (you pick the oils and they will blend it for you in a body lotion or soap etc.). They used to carry only naturals, but now started to sneak some fragrance oils into some of their blends, so if you want just an oil blend with no chemical you will need to make a bit of research. Their staff doesn't seem to be too knowledgeable about the product change and also - the labeling for these new products is deceiving and looks as if it's only essential oils like their other synergies, but it's not...
    My favourite from this store is their coconut milk body spray. A great smelling moisturizer with a perfect consistency... And also their unscented body lotions (a bit overpriced but very good) which you can scent with your favourite perfume or your own blends.

Another Vancouverite Basenoter here, and I want to agree with the earlier praises for The Perfume Shoppe! Fantastic place!

Opal Lily

Smile Re: Vancouver, B.C Canada

Hi Alaya, thanks for writing in, I was hoping another Vancouver BN member would write in soon. Sorry about the Elizabeth mix-up, I knew they had ElizabethÖ.something. Sorry Iím not so familiar with a lot of the female scents, but hopefully you came in and corrected me.

Thanks for the other places, I might check them out. I actually havenít been to Richard Kidd yet, I was supposed to go last Friday, but I had to work. I might be able to make it out this Friday but I doubt it.

BTW: I just checked out your website and a lot your stuff sounds amazing. I'll have to check out your astrology line of perfumes. I love to see how well Gemini might fit me, but Iím not really a true Gemini, I have Libra as my ascendant and Scorpio in my first house, which Iíve heard influences my character the most. Rebellius sound extremely intriguing and Rainforest sound very interesting as well. You donít have a retail location yet, but thereís Jeweliette and El Diamante that I might check out. BTW, it would be interesting to hear how you went around becoming a Perfumer.

Anyways, I encouage more Vancouver BN members to post =).

adding the list:

HERMES Boutique - Burrard and Alberni. Went to try out the Hermessence line a few weeks ago, and the kind SA gave me 2 X 4ml samples of my choice. I chose Poivre Samarcande and Ambre Narguille. It's good for now, since a 100ml of these EDTs can go as high as $300.

A recent discovery: LOTHANTIQUE store on Granville and Broadway. Similar to L'Occitane in concept: French-made home scents, skin care and perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi
    BTW: I just checked out your website and a lot your stuff sounds amazing. I'll have to check out your astrology line of perfumes... You donít have a retail location yet, but thereís Jeweliette and El Diamante that I might check out. BTW, it would be interesting to hear how you went around becoming a Perfumer.
    My jewellery used to be at those locations, but not anymore. At the moment, my line is available only directly from me - either via the website/email or in person. All in good time though...

I forgot to mentnion another interesting store - Beauty Mark. They carry most of Fresh line, Clean, Aquolina, Philosophy, Monyette Paris and also other smaller lines of body care and cosmetics. They used to have Comptoir Sud Pacifique and Calypso, but not anymore...

Their only location now is in Yaletown (they had to close their Denman boutique, unfortunately).

1120 Hamilton Street #103
    Vancouver, BC V6B 2S2
    Canada
    Tel: 604.642.2294

And also have an online store:
    http://beautymark.ca/

Hi! Another Vancouverite here! I totally agree - The Perfume Shoppe in the Sinclair Centre is fantastic. I work close by and have been there on a few occasions. Thanks for the great breakdown of Vancouver fragrance options.

Great list. No locations to add but some additional points:

Holts has a good selection of Creed upstairs in the women's section. These aren't represented at all in the men's fragrance dept. downstairs.

The Bay downtown has a small selection of Serge Lutens.

The Perfume Shoppe is a must. Naz who runs it is just great to work with.

Calling in late (just found this thread)
    from Burnaby
    I will have to try Richard Kidd on Water st.

Just wanted to note to all Vancouver BN members, I went to the Holt Renfrew store in Pacific Centre Downtown recently and spotted the Dior Homme Trio: Cologne Blanche, Eau Noire & Bois D'Argent there. Definitely, I must try for a perfume lovers, all worth a try if you get a chance.

Also, I say the new Prada Man scent there, if anyone was interested.

Just found out that Kiss + Makeup stocks Bond No. 9, if not all of the line pretty much the whole list. This discovery is almost as exciting as discovering that Holt Renfrew carries Creed.

You will find this store in Park Royal Village (West Vancouver).

Something else new: the associate sprayed the fragrances onto bits of ribbon for me to smell, a interesting variation and possibly an improvement over sticks of paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip Savage
    Just found out that Kiss + Makeup stocks Bond No. 9, if not all of the line pretty much the whole list. This discovery is almost as exciting as discovering that Holt Renfrew carries Creed.

You will find this store in Park Royal Village (West Vancouver).
    Skip,
    Do they have more than what The Perfume Shoppe has to offer? They also carry some Bond No. 9 but none of my favourites are there!
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi
    Just wanted to note to all Vancouver BN members, I went to the Holt Renfrew store in Pacific Centre Downtown recently and spotted the Dior Homme Trio: Cologne Blanche, Eau Noire & Bois D'Argent there. Definitely, I must try for a perfume lovers, all worth a try if you get a chance.
    Hmmm... I never noticed that! Which counter are these on? I don't recall that there is a Dior counter there at all...
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ayala
    Hmmm... I never noticed that! Which counter are these on? I don't recall that there is a Dior counter there at all...
    On the very bottom floor of Holt Renfrew in the men's fragrance counter. Not upstairs with everything else. The men's fragrance counter near the entrance on the bottom floor. There was an Ad poster for Prada Pour Homme and I went to check it out at the mens counter, and then I say bottles of Bois D'Argent and Eau Noire, and I'm assuming Cologne Blanche was somewhere there. If you need any more help, just ask me.

They have gift-set extravaganza at Winners - Robson&Granville- when I went there yesterday. In the men's section I saw boxes upon boxes of Bulgari PH, Obsession Night, Grey Flannel, Joop Rococo, Boucheron, Bulgari BLV, Le Male, to name a few. The women section is on the other side of the floor (didn't really look).

If you are interested in the Creed's at the Gallery of Pefumes in Metrotown, the carry only GIT, SMW, Himalaya, and OV. But the juice is good, and a lot cheaper than you will find at Holt Renfrew etc. My GIT box was stamped 2005, which is quite reasonable for $150.

Quote Originally Posted by Drzed
    If you are interested in the Creed's at the Gallery of Pefumes in Metrotown, the carry only GIT, SMW, Himalaya, and OV. But the juice is good, and a lot cheaper than you will find at Holt Renfrew etc. My GIT box was stamped 2005, which is quite reasonable for $150.
    Okay..thanks for the info I included it up top.

BTW, while I'm writing here, I just noticed Shopper Drugs Mart (Various Locations through out Canada) is selling Polo Black & Blue (40ml bottles) for $19.99 cdn this week as a special.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 27th March 2007 at 05:21 AM.

Nice to see come fellow Vancouverites. I'd be curious what success anyone has had ordering perfume on-line and having it get thru Customs. The online Canadian shops I have found, have terribly high prices. I have had some good luck with Winners and Superstore.

Quote Originally Posted by pookyface
    Nice to see come fellow Vancouverites. I'd be curious what success anyone has had ordering perfume on-line and having it get thru Customs. The online Canadian shops I have found, have terribly high prices. I have had some good luck with Winners and Superstore.

I have had nothing but good experiences so far with fragrancenet.com. Good prices and no problems with shipping. There are also a number of discount codes around for 10-15% off or $10 off etc., on the Discounts and Coupons Board.

Sounds like it is worth a trip north of the border just for the shopping. And Vancouver is worth a trip without any ulterior motive anyway. Can anyone say if the Vancouver Chanel Boutique is carrying Les Exclusifs?

I got this flyer of Holt-Renfrew's new store downtown opening late May '07, and what do you know? They will carry Etat libre d'orange, Ineke, and............ Frederic Malle too! Looking forward to try the new "French Lover" there.

I cannot believe I didn't notice this thread before. Would've made my addiction a whole lot easier...

Anyways, I recently discovered that Superstore has just about the most inexpensive fragrances around. The same $80 Light Blue at The Bay retailed for around $40 there... and a $20 Demeter goes for about $5. The quality seems to be legit enough. I think the entire discovery shocked the beejeezus out of me, though - so much money to be saved!

Did not know the GoP in Metro or Shifeon around Oakridge carried any Creeds! I continually get the $10 coupons from Shifeon (Oakridge is about a ten-minute drive from my house) and will definitely ask about them next time I go!
    If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.

Quote Originally Posted by firstark View Post
    I got this flyer of Holt-Renfrew's new store downtown opening late May '07, and what do you know? They will carry Etat libre d'orange, Ineke, and............ Frederic Malle too! Looking forward to try the new "French Lover" there.
    Wow... I'll be really impressed if Holt starts carrying the Malle line. I'm hoping once the new store opens they'll begin stocking the new Tom Ford Private Blends as well...

On my way to Vancouver to help Aunt and Unlce move. Will spend Saturday am doing a very quick tour before my 3:30 flight back to Ottawa. Will hit the Perfume shoppe for sure.

Anyone up for coffee?

Another fan of Nasrin and The Perfume Shoppe here.

The "By Kilian" line is now available at the Holt Renfrew store downtown. Also available at the Holts store in Toronto, Montreal and Calgary.

http://www.bykilian.com/

Enjoy!
    Last edited by nsamadi; 11th April 2008 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    The "By Kilian" line is now available at the Holt Renfrew store downtown. Also available at the Holts store in Toronto, Montreal and Calgary.

http://www.bykilian.com/

Enjoy!
    Do you know their prices? It will save me a trip. Thanks.
    Last edited by Omega Man; 11th April 2008 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Do you know their prices? I will save me a trip. Thanks.
    The prices according to By Kilians site is:

The 50ml / refillable spray = $225
    The 1 Liter / 34 fl.oz refillable bottle = $2500
    The 1 Liter / 34 fl.oz refill = $2300

I haven't seen the store prices yet, but usually with my experience and Holt Renfrews pricing, it's either close or identical to the official site prices, or to expect a possibility of a 15-25% price mark up. I've experienced this with their Creed & Dior Homme selection. You can also order online through the e-shop if you don't want to pay store prices. Also remember, once you buy the 50ml bottle, it's a refill and the cost to get a refill for the 50ml bottle is $90. Majority of the cost goes to the fancy packaging.

Hoped that helped.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 11th April 2008 at 08:21 AM.

Thanks. Better order a sample/decant from the Perfumed Court and see what they are like first.

Update April 12, 2008 - Dropped by Holt in Toronto. They do have Kilians in stock (both men and women). I was able to get samples on Straight to Heaven and Taste of Heaven. The complete line was in the women's fragrance section.
    The SA told me the price: 50ml for C$225, refill C$115, 1 Liter refillable $2500. Priced exactly the same as By Kilians site (except for the refill).

Holt also has Bond No. 9. I didn't really count the number of scents, but they definitely have at least 15 of them (including Silver Factory, Wall Street etc.) Didn't inquire about the prices as they were practically stocking the shelves when I dropped by.

I will do a cross post in the Toronto thread.
    Last edited by Omega Man; 13th April 2008 at 05:07 AM.

The Perfumeshoppe in Vancouver now introduced the CDG line in their shop. They have a ton of them, just check out their website.

www.theperfumeshoppe.com

There's even the new ones like "888" and "Monocle Hinoki".

They also have Musk to Musk by Montale and Tea Rose in the same line. Supposedly it's a rare Japanese exclusive but I'm not entirely sure.

Nothing new to add here but I can affirm:
    It is completely worth booking an appointment with Ayala. She is very creative, knowledgeable and has fantastic scents. And a really nice person. You will learn so much!
    Perfume Shoppe is an incredible niche shop, one of the best I've seen anywhere. Naz is a very gracious lady.
    The Holts flagship stores (Vancouver, also Toronto and Montreal I think) carry complete Creed, Frederic Malle, Etat Libre d'Orage, Acqua di Parma, Bois 1920, Carthusia, Kilian and other interesting scents at pretty good prices.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Having just been to Vancouver, here are some updates.
    Granville Island is worth a trip. There are many funky craft and gift shops
    Gigi B on Granville Island is a lovely place to visit, very friendly and helpful staff. There are a variety of nice gift and house items. There are Italian soaps and they carry Acca Kappa scents and the Jack Black grooming range, including the Blue Mark cologne (Juniper and Ginger).
    Also on Granville Island is Edie Hats, which carries a couple of scents, including Panama by Borsalino.
    The Lothantique store (2655 Granville) is closing and is clearing out all their stock.
    There are several designer boutiques in the same area of the downtown... all worth a visit.
    Hermes Boutique - #107, 755 Burrard
    Dunhill Boutique West Hastings and Hornby
    Chanel Boutique West Hastings and Howe

And finally, Ayala of Ayala Moriel Parfums and Nasrin at the Perfume Shoppe continue to offer wonderful products and service.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Hi There,

I'm from Fredericton, New Brunswick. I was talking to a lady who was wearing a perfume? called Prince of Passa. I believe that's what she said. I loved the sent. She said she bought it in Vancouver, and they also had a shop in Montreal. I can't seem to find the scent anywhere. Does anyone have any clues??

Thanks,
    Anna

Hi Anna,

She was probably referring to Principessa. They have two fragrances. Check them out here:

http://www.principessabeauty.com/fragrance.html

Marty

Just wanted to say that the Perfume Shoppe in Vancouver now has the Bois 1920 line for those interested.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 24th June 2008 at 04:10 AM.

Posting here just to say hi. I work downtown and I go to the Bay at Pacific Center a lot. They really love me there and they have some of the best deals for me.

I think I'll be checking out the shop on West Hastings though for some hard-to-find scents.

Just came across this thread, thought I would mention Momentum Grooming on Burrard carries Truefitt & Hill colognes which I don't think I've seen anywhere else.

I would avoid buying creed from 'Gallery of Perfumes' in Burnaby.

Roden Grey carries some of the CDG line http://www.rodengray.com/blog/

Also another fan of the Purfume Shoppe!
    Last edited by FlyingLotus; 25th November 2008 at 05:26 PM.

Where can I find New York by Parfums de Nicolai in Downtown Vancouver? Thanks!
    You can not die until you see Paris.

Hi people -

I did some searching today for Robert Piguet Fracas and what I discovered is that the number of dollars charged for this perfume in the US, even at Amazon.com, is identical to the number charged in Vancouver - which at the moment translates to about a 20% discount for local shoppers in BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Original Post
    Shifeon - both on Robson (between Bute and Thurlow) and also in Oakridge Mall.

Pros:

Cons:
    This might need to be updated. I went to the Shifeon downtown and the SA was neither pushy nor unfriendly. She was awesome! When I wanted recommendations, she was ready, and she also let me sniff for a while on my own.

They also carry a TON of basenotes-friendly fragrances with something from every line, with EVERYTHING available to smell at the back of the store. They're also the only store that keeps Caron in stock religiously. As well, they carry some of the CdG line and even Lolita Lempicka.

I got my $10 coupon, and I even got $5 off my sale price because it's my birthday this month. They're a great store, and DEFINITELY the cheapest in the area. I would recommend going there before The Bay and Holt Renfrew.
    Last edited by dynendal; 10th December 2008 at 10:59 PM.

Just wanted to drop a line saying how much I loved the Perfume Shoppe. I stopped in a few weeks ago and Naz was super helpful and was quite giving when it came to samples. She knows her stuff, and had lots of superb recommendations when it came to new scents for me to try.

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    Nothing new to add here but I can affirm:
    It is completely worth booking an appointment with Ayala. She is very creative, knowledgeable and has fantastic scents. And a really nice person. You will learn so much!
    Perfume Shoppe is an incredible niche shop, one of the best I've seen anywhere. Naz is a very gracious lady.
    The Holts flagship stores (Vancouver, also Toronto and Montreal I think) carry complete Creed, Frederic Malle, Etat Libre d'Orage, Acqua di Parma, Bois 1920, Carthusia, Kilian and other interesting scents at pretty good prices.
    >>>>>>>>
    Last edited by AnthonyDG; 13th May 2010 at 02:52 AM.

There's going to be a Sephora opening up soon at the Coquitlam City Centre Mall for the Summer of 2009. Typical designer stuff, but good deals on giftsets, etc... Geir Ness and Alan Cumming are going to be the ones worth checking out IMO.

Just a heads up for you guys...right across from H&M and close to Zellars.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 13th March 2009 at 12:39 AM.

Aaahh! Awesome! That's my neck of the woods. The Bay in Coquitlam Center isn't that bad, but that's really going to hurt the booth, KRC Perfume Club, because they have VERY little to sample. Everything you buy there has to be a blind buy. Not very good, in my opinion.

I can't wait!
    Last edited by dynendal; 15th March 2009 at 05:16 AM.

TPS now carries the Andy Tauer line.

Fruits and Passions at Metro is still open. It's down close-ish to the skytrain entrance on the upper floor, near Zara.

They have quite affordable roll ons in purse size, as well as the larger bottles of course.

Sephora is also opening in Metro, it will be in the older part of the mall downstairs from the food court before you get to the Bay at the end.

Just a note to say that The Perfume Shoppe is now rocking scents by The Different Company

I went to check out the Sephora downtown today, I couldn't resist. It was really busy! The line up for the cashier was massive. There were no smelling strips left on the women's side but there were a bunch on the men's side so I grabbed a bunch and smelled things until my nose was exhausted!

I was quite surprised to see that they had some 5 Lutens there. Arabie, Ambre Sultan, Louve, Clair de Musc and Fleurs d'Oranger. Luckily I don't want any of them desperately, well, maybe Ambre Sultan. Although if I wanted Lutens I would get them from Nas at the Perfume Shoppe, cause I'd rather support her. Sephora has plenty of business. Though it was great fun smelling all the different stuff without having to ask for each one, and without having someone hovering over me the whole time.

There were a few surprises... they had Fracas! I guess they can afford to keep lots of selection around. I heard that six months after opening, they're going to tweak their stock according to what sells.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting BaseNoters there in August!

God, it is so hot today, my apartment is like a sauna!

I went into Holts today to see if they had the White Musk collection by Ford and they still don't have them, but they have the Grey Vetiver. They also moved the Ford Private scents to a new area and they now have a few candles for some of the scents.

I also went to a shoe/clothing store on West 4th Ave (Gravity Pope) and they have the Incense CDG Series with Play and a few others including the Sherbet series with the Incense candles. They also had some Miller et Bertaux candles.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 10th October 2009 at 05:46 PM.

I would love to visit Vancouver it sounds fabulous and I've heard so many great things about it!

If anyone is interested in the indie niche line D.S. & Durga. There's two locations in Vancouver that carry the line.

Mr. Lee's General Store
    East Broadway

Old Faithful
    W.Cordova

Heads up to all you Vancouverites out there...Holt Renfrew is getting rid of all their Bond No. 9's at 40% off. I picked up a 1.7oz of Brooklyn today for $100.

Hop on it quick, though...the SA told me that they're going to pull them from the shelves within the next couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyra View Post
    Sounds like it is worth a trip north of the border just for the shopping. And Vancouver is worth a trip without any ulterior motive anyway. Can anyone say if the Vancouver Chanel Boutique is carrying Les Exclusifs?
    Chanel update: I'm pretty sure the stand-alone Chanel boutique has closed. I found Les Exclusifs full line at the Chanel counter in Holt Renfrew. I made some inquiries and I think that's the only place to get them.
    Last edited by professor goggles; 6th July 2011 at 07:13 PM.

Sephora has a location in Pacific Centre Mall downtown.

Holt Renfrew carries some of the Diptyque line in both 50 ml and 100 ml sizes. They used to have a stand-alone Frederic Malle area, the only one in Canada (not even Toronto Holt's had it) but they've removed it last time I was in there, but still carry the line. I don't know if they will continue to stock it or not.

In general I find a lot of the highest-rated and most popular scents from basenotes, Luca Turin et al. are very hard to come by in Vancouver and seem to sell out before others, particularly niche fragrances. A store in Vancouver may carry a line, but not have the particular fragrance you're looking for, especially if it's a hot one. There seems to be problems keeping up with demand. I've been frustrated by finding out a store carries a line, but not having a bottle of the fragrance I'm looking for when I make a trip down there.
    Last edited by professor goggles; 6th July 2011 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhat View Post
    Where can I find New York by Parfums de Nicolai in Downtown Vancouver? Thanks!
    The Perfume Shoppe in Sinclair Centre carries this line, but were sold out of that fragrance last time I went in a few weeks ago. I was also specifically looking for New York as well.
    Last edited by professor goggles; 6th July 2011 at 07:32 PM.

Was just at Gallery of Perfumes at Metrotown tonight...4oz Creed Millesime Imperial and Silver Mountain Water for $199. Not bad if you're not into purchasing online and dealing with shipping, etc.
    What I've been wearing far too much of lately:

-Amouage Lyric Man
    -Guerlain Gourmand Coquin
    -Creed Jardin d'Amalfi

Anybody knows where to find the Armani Prive Line in Vancouver?

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Anybody knows where to find the Armani Prive Line in Vancouver?
    Holt Renfrew on Dunsmir at the Armani beauty counter is the only place that I know of, but I think Holt's axed the line from the stores.

Dang! Thanks anyway nsamadi.