Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Vancouver, B.C Canada

Good afternoon Vancouver thread! I will be back in town for a week in August. Are there any new hotspots or suggestions for fragrance that I should know about? Other than the usual suspects like Sephora of course.

Looking forward to a small summer vacation back in my BC.
    "Whiff Guy" Argent
    http://whiffguy.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Mr. Lee's General Store
    East Broadway
    If anyone is curious, this place is having a going out of business sale. No D.S. & Durga around, but they have a whole bunch Truefitt and Hill fragrances and products on sale.

I just got back from Vancouver, it was the first time I had seen the expanded corner location of Sephora. Very impressive! The selection was admittedly not the greatest but compared to before it did have a heavier selection of new names.

Sadly, even though Sears is closing and everything is on clearence, fragrances are NOT. I bought YSL L'Homme Libre anyways just because I wanted it so badly, but I'm still a little annoyed at that. There's going to be nothing but perfume left unless they can get out of that internal policy!

All in all the trip was good and I had the chance to sample a lot more fragrances than I'm usually able to in my narrow local exposure to shopping. (Thank god for Robson) Surprisingly i ended up with Prada Amber, YSL L'Homme Libre, and Bang Bang by Marc Jacobs. The first Bang was a bit too much for me but I instantly fell in love with Bang Bang for some reason. I have yet to wrap my head around!

Including my own purhcases I'm taking home a bottle of Aldo Red, one of the primary colours line by retail chain Aldo, which was a gift from my BFF in east van. I tried it at a pride week event and it was a hit. Not the best, but incredibly decent for a store brand.

Anyways, definitely hit up Sephora. It isn't a superstore of fragrance but it's definitely got new names in rotation more frequently.

Hope to be back very soon!
    "Whiff Guy" Argent
    http://whiffguy.blogspot.com

Just wanted to add to list of shops.
    Roden Grey
    8 Water Street
    (604) 689-7302
    http://rodengray.com/

Masc Skincare
    433 Davie Street
    Vancouver, BC V6B 2G2
    (604) 688-4555
    http://www.shopmasc.com/

Small collection of niche brands such as Nasomatto, Blood Concept and Carner. Though more of the lines of men's healthcare and grooming store. Good spot to check if your in Yaletown.

Hi, just updating the thread with some brief observations from my shopping trip last weekend.

Holt Renfrew: Guerlain Parisiennes, Parisiens, L'Art et La Matiere; Chanel Exclusifs; Armani Prive; YSL's Oriental Collection; Frederic Malle, plus usual lines like Diptyque, Hermes, Tom Ford, Annick Goutal etc. They used to have Cartier Les Heures, can't remember if they're still there. I didn't go to the men's section, but I recall from previous trips that it was pretty extensive.

Nordstrom: The PNW's nicest Nordstrom! It was big, well organised and lots of fun to browse. I saw Dior's La Collection Privee, Le Labo, Armani Prive (the selection was just a little different from Holt Renfrew's), Byredo plus the usual lines (Tom Ford, Creed, AdP etc). The Guerlain shelf was small but seemed to carry Le Parfum du 68.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by chypre View Post
    Hi, just updating the thread with some brief observations from my shopping trip last weekend.

Holt Renfrew: Guerlain Parisiennes, Parisiens, L'Art et La Matiere; Chanel Exclusifs; Armani Prive; YSL's Oriental Collection; Frederic Malle, plus usual lines like Diptyque, Hermes, Tom Ford, Annick Goutal etc. They used to have Cartier Les Heures, can't remember if they're still there. I didn't go to the men's section, but I recall from previous trips that it was pretty extensive.

Nordstrom: The PNW's nicest Nordstrom! It was big, well organised and lots of fun to browse. I saw Dior's La Collection Privee, Le Labo, Armani Prive (the selection was just a little different from Holt Renfrew's), Byredo plus the usual lines (Tom Ford, Creed, AdP etc). The Guerlain shelf was small but seemed to carry Le Parfum du 68.

The Holt Renfrew men's collection is convenient as all the frags are on one long table.

I was in this Nordstroms yesterday.

The Byredo and le Labo reps offerred up samples pretty freely. The male Dior SA was pretty into discussing the Privee line as well...still no Dior Homme Intense though. He said he may have seen it at a Sephora in Surrey...OK. Overall a good experience, the female and unisex scents are on the ground floor, the male scents are on floor 3. The male scent section is extremely limited: think Chanel's Allure line, Bleu, One Million, Aventus and comparables. Stick to the first floor!

Also, the Sephora on Robson has Tom Ford, L'Artisan Parfumer (no Dzing or TFT) and Serge Lutens in-store, and they are happy to make samples. I feel a bit for Naz at the Parfum Shoppe as she is the go-to for L'Artisan and Serges in Van. I say sample for free from Sephora, buy from Naz .
    Last edited by hieroglyphx; 27th November 2015 at 03:46 PM.

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios

Quote Originally Posted by hieroglyphx View Post
    I feel a bit for Naz at the Parfum Shoppe as she is the go-to for L'Artisan and Serges in Van. I say sample for free from Sephora, buy from Naz .
    Naz was the person who first got me interested in Montale many years ago. Such a delightful woman - knowledgeable and friendly.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Heads up ...

Saw a 75ml bottle of Creed Vanisa for $200 and a bottle of Eau d'Italie Baume du Doge 100ml for $80 at the downtown Winners on Granville St.

In case anyone was interested.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Heads up ...

Saw a 75ml bottle of Creed Vanisa for $200 and a bottle of Eau d'Italie Baume du Doge 100ml for $80 at the downtown Winners on Granville St.

In case anyone was interested.
    Saw a 30ml bottle of Creed Himalaya for $99 at this location yesterday. Lot # was from 2012. In case anyone was interested.

Thanks Nsamadi, I may just pop down to Winners tomorrow.

Basenotes Member

I checked out Nordstroms for a second time today (the 1st floor area), I wanted to check out Le Labo's line a bit more. I met the Le Labo rep Vitor, he was extremely helpful with the Le Labo and Dior Privee lines. He's a fraghead through and through, if you get a chance to meet him he is passionate and knowledgeable about the industry, and a nice guy to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by hieroglyphx View Post
    I checked out Nordstroms for a second time today (the 1st floor area), I wanted to check out Le Labo's line a bit more. I met the Le Labo rep Vitor, he was extremely helpful with the Le Labo and Dior Privee lines. He's a fraghead through and through, if you get a chance to meet him he is passionate and knowledgeable about the industry, and a nice guy to boot.
    Damn I wanna go to vancouver!

hi guys,

just like to ask any updates for this thread?
    any suggestion to buy frag that is quite cheap for a starter like me. i'm more into designer than niche primarily due to the price difference but if there is some niche frag that is quite affordable i'll be interested in purchasing it.

thanks

Currently wearing: Aspen for Men by Coty

Heads up ...

Saw a 100ml bottle of Bond No. 9 I Love New York for $130 at the Downtown Granville St. Winners.