Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Toronto, Canada

Default Re: Toronto, Canada

Anyone know where to find Xerjoff in Toronto!?

A place that I would HIGHLY recommend is called Jacob & Sebastian-622 Queen St West, Toronto (they have been around for 2 and a half years and are opening a second spot this November in the Distillery District). They are mostly about niche-market skin care, shaving and body products, but they definitely had a LOT of amazing scents. They carry Santa Maria Novella, CB I hate perfume, Boudicca, Compagnie de Provence and some lines I have not heard of such as "Portland General Store" (organic colognes that smell of tobacco, wood, whiskey etc...). Also, the gentleman working there mentioned they were bringing in L'Artisan. Hope that helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the list! I would like to add Jacob & Sebastian at Queen and Bathurst. They are mostly about niche-market bath, body and skin care but had a great selection of Santa Maria Novella, I hate Perfume, and Boudicca. Also,the guy working said they were adding L'Artisan and Eau D'Italie to the roster this Dec. Cheers!

Winners on Front St. has some Creeds - GIT, Himalaya, Royal Water, Love in Black and Love in White. Prices range from $149.99 to $179.99. Perhaps other locations have some as well.

Why So Serious?

Yes, the Winners in Heartland has lots of Creeds as well, also lots of Bond 9 ranging from $149 - $179 (saw New Haarlem there)
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Where to find Dior and chanel exclusive line?

Why So Serious?

Dior exclusive line is not found in Toronto as far as I know. Chanel exclusives are found at the Chanel Boutique downtown Toronto, also the Holt Renfrew downtown Toronto.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX View Post
    Dior exclusive line is not found in Toronto as far as I know. Chanel exclusives are found at the Chanel Boutique downtown Toronto, also the Holt Renfrew downtown Toronto.
    Thank you HackerX...Thats sad news about the Dior exclusive...I planing a trip to Toronto and have fun sniffing some great scents and maybe buy a new bottles, theres always the Chanel line

I can vouch for The Perfume Outlet at Dixie mall. My dad's friend actually owns it, very nice guy who's given us great deals before. I remember when I purchased Le Male from him back in grade 10, he tried to get me to buy Cuba instead because he wanted me to save money haha but he gave me a decent deal on the Le Male 125mL tester and I got Cuba from him as well because it was dirt cheap and a nice back-up to use for school and lesser occasions. They have a decent selection and you can find some nice discontinued gems there. You can bargain with the owner a bit too, he's a nice guy.

Another one I've heard of is "The Greek Godfather". The operation sounds a little sketchy, the dude basically drives his perfume truck around the GTA and they also operate a warehouse in East York. Apparently he's a bit of a prick and if you want something you better know before you go into his truck cause he gets impatient and angry if you're standing around looking for perfumes. But people have said his prices are unbeatable, and he has some discontinued fragrances that pique my interest.

His website is www.ggf.ca, if anyone has had any experience with this guy please let me know, I want to check it out someday.

Anyone use ebates.ca? Is it really worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    Thank you HackerX...Thats sad news about the Dior exclusive...I planing a trip to Toronto and have fun sniffing some great scents and maybe buy a new bottles, theres always the Chanel line
    +1, no Dior boutiques that I know of here in Canada. I finally got to smell the line at Bergdorfs in NYC and the Dior store on 57th(?). I have bottles of the Leather Oud and Amber Nuit plus samples of Granville, Bois D'Argent, Mitzah, Granville and Eau Noir if anyone wants to meet up to smell them.

BTW I think the line's pretty decent, the packaging is very well done, and the prices are actually reasonable for Niche.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnraymond425 View Post
    A place that I would HIGHLY recommend is called Jacob & Sebastian-622 Queen St West, Toronto (they have been around for 2 and a half years and are opening a second spot this November in the Distillery District). They are mostly about niche-market skin care, shaving and body products, but they definitely had a LOT of amazing scents. They carry Santa Maria Novella, CB I hate perfume, Boudicca, Compagnie de Provence and some lines I have not heard of such as "Portland General Store" (organic colognes that smell of tobacco, wood, whiskey etc...). Also, the gentleman working there mentioned they were bringing in L'Artisan. Hope that helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the list! I would like to add Jacob & Sebastian at Queen and Bathurst. They are mostly about niche-market bath, body and skin care but had a great selection of Santa Maria Novella, I hate Perfume, and Boudicca. Also,the guy working said they were adding L'Artisan and Eau D'Italie to the roster this Dec. Cheers!
    +1 for Jacob & Sebastian. Decent selection of a few, more obscure niche lines, which were listed above. I was just there a couple of days ago but they did not have L'Artisan... no idea whether it's coming eventually or not.

Also, I'd like to add Nomad (819 Queen St W / www.nomadshop.net) - in their store they have a fairly comprehensive selection of Heeley and Comme des Garçons, but no other lines apart from a few scented candles.

Did the Guerlain boutique close or relocate?

I drove past their store today and I thought it looked empty.

Why So Serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Coolcicada View Post
    Did the Guerlain boutique close or relocate?

I drove past their store today and I thought it looked empty.
    It's still on Bloor street, but relocated a few stores west of the old one.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man

It's still on Bloor street, but relocated a few stores west of the old one.
    Thanks for your reply. Happy to see that it is still there.

In other news, the Holt Renfrew at Yorkdale still has Tom Ford Japon Noir/Amber Absolute testers behind the counter. Good opportunity to smell these discontinued ones.

What's actually about the Noor boutique? Did they finally reopen at new place, are they still renovating, did they stay at old place at Four Seasons or..?
    Your Perfume Guide (all about city shopping guides and list of parfums by dominating note)

Why So Serious?

Unfortunately, no news on Noor yet. Everyone is anticipating their re-opening, but at this point we can only wait and have our fingers crossed. It was such a lovely boutique!
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man

Do any stores in Toronto carry Amouage? I did some googling around and it seems only a store in Vancouver carries them.
    Last edited by wormy; 25th December 2013 at 11:50 PM.

Andrews in Yorkville carries most of Amouage spray frags and two attars - Homage and Tribute.

Another hidden gem in Yorkville. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Igor01 View Post
    Andrews in Yorkville carries most of Amouage spray frags and two attars - Homage and Tribute.

Why So Serious?

Andrew's is great. Davido Afnani also carries Amouage downtown Toronto
    Last edited by HackerX; 26th December 2013 at 03:47 AM.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man

ah yes, I just found his store a few months ago (I go to the tailor Studio Kim right next door). He's got a small space but I was thinking of doing a meetup there sometime. He's got a couple of other lines from France or Italy or something.

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Andrew's is great. Davido Afnani also carries Amouage downtown Toronto
    I'be been there in Jan of this yr, the time i was there, they carried the entire Serge Lutens & Amouage line up that was currently available at that time, including a few attars (yes, not just Tribute & Homeage) - haven't been there in almost a yr now, so not sure what's on show (on a side note - the SA on duty, forgot her name, she probably would have dabbed her way to Amouage glory - the 30 mins I was in the store, she probably dabbed 2 different attars 3-4 times (& a few sprays of SL as well) & it seriously got pungent for me in the confined space)...

However, with online stores selling Amouage much cheaper, except to maybe sample / buy samples or for a meet up, i wouldn't recommend buying from a store in Toronto - unless you can't find it online, or unless you don't want to save $$$. Just my thought.

Why So Serious?

A meetup there would be awesome
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man

I went to the Sephora at the Eaton Centre and they now carry Serge Lutens(whereas previously it was discontinued there). A SA told me that they didn't have all the line yet, but that they would slowly be getting it in in the New Year.

I was on the hunt for some of the Amouage fragrances, I did visit the Andrew's in Yorkville, sadly they do not carry the attars anymore.

I was wondering if anyone knows if Profumum house is carried by any Toronto based stores?

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    I was wondering if anyone knows if Profumum house is carried by any Toronto based stores?

Not to my knowledge - I bought from Lucky Scent...

oh hey, as long as we're updating this thing...

So no news of Noor, IMO I'd assume nothing is going to happen with them, just to be safe. Don't get your hopes up.

Pir, in Yorkville actually has a bunch of new stuff and is well organized. They have Etro, Histoires de Parfums, Carthusia, L'Artisan, James Heeley, etc... so a good selection. I'm working on a meetup with them for mid June so stay tuned.

I would like to know if Enchante Perfumes has an e-mail to contact them. I already sent them a message through their contact page a week ago and didn't get any answer.
    Does anyone know if i can reserve a scent on line and pick up later from one of their locations? Thanks in advance !

Andrews (55 Avenue Road) will be closing down its fragrance department at the end of the month (July).

Why So Serious?

Quote Originally Posted by pdescendo View Post
    Andrews (55 Avenue Road) will be closing down its fragrance department at the end of the month (July).
    Relocating or closed down for good?
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man

I hope they are just relocating! That complex has some significant reno's taking place, let's hope its a space issue.

Relocating or closed down for good?

Andrews is closing down for good. With the renovations going on at the mall (Hazelton Lanes), they will lose some floor space after the remodeling.

I guess per square foot, the fragrance division brought in less dollars than the clothes division did.

Why So Serious?

That's a huge blow to the fragrance community in Toronto. I talked to Lynn over a month ago and she did not inform of this, probably just very recent news.

What a bummer!
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man

That's a huge blow to the fragrance community in Toronto. I talked to Lynn over a month ago and she did not inform of this, probably just very recent news.

What a bummer!
    Yes, it's sad to see the fragrance dept Andrews be dismantled this way.

The offer is becoming more and more scarce in Toronto, but big things are brewing at a different level; with Nordstrom and Saks coming to Canada soon, expect the fragrance landscape to change significantly.

would anyone know if Andrews would be having a closing sale?

I really want to get Ex Odolo 33 and some amouages.

Quote Originally Posted by jacewong View Post
    would anyone know if Andrews would be having a closing sale?

I really want to get Ex Odolo 33 and some amouages.
    It all depends on individual vendor agreements. I don't believe Ex Idolo and Amouage would allow for their products to be sold at a discounted price in order not to devalue their brand.

Niche Essence ( Opened June 2014)

2651 Yonge st.
    Toronto , ON
    M4P2J5

Offcial Retailer :
    - AMOUAGE
    - RANCE 1795
    - PARFUMS DE MARLY
    - PARFUMS MDCI
    - TEO-CABANEL
    - JARDIN DE VERSIAILLES
    - HORS LA MONDE

www.nicheessence.com

- - - Updated - - -

As i know , Amouage wont go on Sale in Andrews.

- - - Updated - - -

Toronto : - Andrews : 55 Avenue Rd.
    - Niche Essence : 2651 Yonge st.
    - Davido Afnani : 766 King St. W

Why So Serious?

I just want to say that I had a wonderful experience in Niche Essence. Absolutely beautiful boutique, very friendly and knowledgeable staff. I urge everyone to visit the boutique when given the chance.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man

The New fragrance from Amouage - Journey - is now available at : Niche Essence - 2651 Yonge st. Toronto
    Davido Afnani - 766 King st W. Toronto
    Etiket - Montreal
    The Perfume shoppe - Vancouver

Davido Afnani is located at 766 King St. West.
    T: 647-213-4824
    We are official retailer of Amouage, MDCI, Rance 1795, Parfums De Marly, Teo Cabanel and Hors La Monde.
    Working hours are 11am to 6pm by appointments

Basenotes Member

Looks like Pir Cosmetics in Yorkville might have closed it's doors. Walked by there the other day and it was all closed up with the windows covered. Their websites still up though so maybe they're renovating? I wasn't a fan the SA there but they did have a nice selection of niche brands.

I've been in (somewhat) contact with Franchie over the past few months and was actually working on a meetup for the past few months there. He emailed me in August to say that they were going to do a renovation and because the rent kept going up, he's decided to move locations instead. No word yet on where/when he's moving to, and no, I doubt they'll have a moving sale or anything like that.

also just want to +1 to Niche Essence and owner (Kiavash - male) there (and female SA Paris). They're actually the distributor so it's sort of a flag ship / presentation store. He's located it up town so as not to compete with his other vendors.

I'm going to speak with him about hosting the next meet up there instead of Pir since they were so uncooperative.

Why So Serious?

Sehpora now carries L'Artisan in addition to Serge Lutens and Atlier Cologne....etc. Not sure if this applies to most Sephora locations, but I went to the new relocated Sephora in Square One.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man

I checked out Niche Essence last weekend and received superb no pressure service. Purchased Interlude Man and sampled several others. The shop is well laid out and every scent I tried was appealing. Very well done and I will be returning...

Another newer Toronto shop is MenEssentials on Danforth. They carry an assortment of Floris, Il Profvmo, Penhaligon's, and Hugh Parsons to name a few. While biased towards male tastes they cater to ladies as well.

I just got back from the Marshalls at Yonge and Gerrard. They had some Tom Ford (White Patchouli, Grey Vetiver, Noir) and Creed (Green Irish Tweed, Spring Flower, and a couple of others ... I forget which ones). Hope this helps someone.

Why So Serious?

Good news fellow Torontonians and Canadians! The wait for Xerjoff is over! Yes, Xerjoff is coming to Niche Essence!

Currently, the casamorati line is launched at the store.

Other lines will be lauched as well, stay tuned!
    Last edited by HackerX; Yesterday at 11:15 PM.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man