-Entire Acqua Di Parma line
    -Escentric Molecule
    -Armani Prive
    -Parfums 06130
    -Costume National
    -Jo Malone
    -Kiton
    -Hermes
    and few other latest exlusive frags, limited editions and seasonal fragrances(check the store often for limited editions and seasonal offers.......)

Niche Essence
    2651 Yonge st.
    Toronto , ON
    M4P2J5
    Phone: 416-792-8450
    www.nicheessence.com
    Niche Essence has an online boutique as well.

AMOUAGE, PARFUMS DE MARLY, PARFUMS MDCI, RANCE 1795, TEO-CABANEL, JARDIN DE VERSIAILLES,HORS LA MONDE

More niche lines possibly coming to Niche Essence in the future. Stay tuned!

Davido Afnani
    766 King St. West
    Toronto, ON
    Phone: 647-213-4824
    http://davidoafnani.com/

AMOUAGE, PARFUMS DE MARLY, PARFUMS MDCI, RANCE 1795, TEO-CABANEL, HORS LA MONDE

HAZELTON LANES (Andrew's)----Closed
    55 Avenue Road
    Toronto, ON M5R 3L2
    Phone. 416-969-9991 Fax. 416-969-9971
    http://www.andrewsco.com/home.php?ID=6
    www.hazeltonlanes.com

Amouage, Serge Lutens, L'Artisan, Ex Idolo, Hors le Monde, Rance, Jovoy, Chanel, Guerlain.....
    I also recommend you chat up with Lynn at the counter, it's quite an experience.

NOOR (Closed )
    21 Avenue Road (lower level, below the Four Seasons Hotel)
    Toronto, ON
    M5R 2G1
    Tel: 416-928-0700

This incredible shop carries: Santa Maria Novella, L'Artisan, Penhaligon's, Comme des Garcons, Heeley, Eau d'Italie, Frapin, Susanne Lang.....etc

Pir Cosmetics(Yorkville)
    25 Bellair Street
    Toronto, ON
    M5R 3L3
    Tel: 416-513-1603
    www.pircosmetics.com (under Canada)

Now only has limited numbers of L'Artisan, MPG(Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier), Carthusia, Etro, Parfum d'Empire, Miller Harris, HdP, Frapin, Mark Buxton, biehl, Indult, The Different Company, Heeley.....etc

Saltridges------Closed
    389 Brant Street
    Burlington, ON
    L7R 2E9
    Tel: 905-333-5959
    http://www.saltridges.com/

This shops carries Lubin, Ineke, D'Orsay, Juliette Has A Gun.

6 By Gee Beauty
    6 Roxborough Street West
    Toronto, ON
    M5R 1T8
    Tel: 416-960-8080
    http://www.6bygeebeauty.com/

Carries Le Labo

Nomad
    919 Queen St W
    Tel: 416-202-8777
    http://www.nomadshop.net/

Carries Comme des Garcons, Heeley

EWANIKA
    1083 Bathurst Street
    Toronto, ON
    M5R 3G8
    (416) 927-9699

Carries a small number of CB I Hate Perfume.

Enchante Perfumes (Vaughn Mills)
    www.eperfumes.ca
    This specialty chain has many locations in the GTA, but the biggest one is in Vaughn Mills Mall.
    They specialize in mainly designers, a few niche lines, but they carry some really hard-to-find gems, many many discontinued fragrances you should look out for, some prices are a bit high though. I think this place carries the largest volume of discontinued and rare fragrances in the GTA, so this is your best bet if you're looking for something rare, but of course no gurantee. If you are really desparate for something rare but is not available in the store, but can be acquired from US or Europe, the owner at Vaughn Mills might consider importing, you have to talk with him.

The Perfume Outlet
    1250 South Service Rd. #30
    (Dixie Outlet Mall)
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
    L5E 1V4
    Tel/Fax (905)274-4562

Mainly designers, including many rare and disontinued gems as well, you really have to look carefully, you never know what you'd find.

Sephora (Bloor st Yorkville, Eaton Centre, Yorkdale, Square One)
    honorable mentions:
    -Serge Lutens (Eaton Centre)
    -Comptoir sud Pacifique
    -Fresh
    -Gendarme, Cumming, Cartier..........
    -some designers that are not found in department stores, check locations for details

The Bay (Yonge & Bloor)
    honorable mentions:
    -Serge Lutens export line(women's section)
    -limited Annick Goutals
    -Vintage Guerlains
    -Clean Men................
    -Bond No 9

Guerlain, Chanel, Hermes boutiques are in Yorkville Bloor street as well to check out their exclusives.

Credits to: (refer to the below site for a more comprehensive shopping guide)
    http://your-perfume-guide.blogspot.c...to-canada.html

*Also check out Lisa's Cosmetics warehouse sales that happens a few times a year http://lisascosmetics.com/.*

Thanks!
    David
    Last edited by HackerX; 26th August 2014 at 02:24 AM.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Default Re: Toronto, Canada

Thank you for this list. I have always been on a lookout for a knowledgeable and fairly priced source for fragrances in the GTA but haven't really found one.

I tended to walk past the Dixie Value Mall store dismissively but your comments have me wanting to give them a fair shake. (Although my wife did pick up some Trussardi L'Huomo for me from that shop).

Incredibly just a week ago I had a detailed discussion with a gentleman at the Sears Fragrance counter in Sherway Gardens about Aramis Life, my current favourite.

Anyway, for my contribution: Those looking for Proraso products, i.e., shaving cream, soap and such would do well to check out Aurora Foods' outlet shop in Brampton. They appear to be the importers of Proraso into Canada. I stumbled across this when my local shop where I happened to stumble across Proraso ran out and didn't know when more would be coming in. The shaving cream with a badger brush gives the finest shave that I have ever had.

Their phone number is 905-670-1855 and they are approximately in the Hwy 410 and Derry Rd are. I don't have the exact address but a quick phone call will get you there.

Best wishes.

I just came back from my first visit to The Perfume Outlet at the Dixie Mall. I was looking for a flask of Revlon Than Man which they no longer have. Instead, I picked up a bottle each of 100 ml Guerlain Coriolan and Versace’s The Dreamer. These two are the least expensive fragrances that I have ever purchaed so I want to thank HackerX for the info above. Too bad, I just purchased Rocabar at Holt Renfrew for Can$115.00 before tax, it was only Can$75.00 there. I also saw quite a few boxes of Creed items for men in the same glass showcase with Caron Yatagan, Hermes Equipage and the original version of Guerlain Vetiver among other stuff. I'm definitely coming back.

The boxed fragrances have retail price tags underneath. My experience however, seems to indicate that the owner won’t get offended if you ask discretely what his best price is. So it might be a good idea to look around first in the web what the going price is for an item before going there. He also gives a price break if you want more than one item. So inquire about this too. Osmę done and gone.

Let me make one addition, which may be usefull.
    www.enchanteperfumes.com
    They have several locations,of which I visited the one in downtown , the Path level in The Royal Bank Plaza.
    Some nice vintages, some Rue Cambon collection Chanel, Balenciaga, Caron, Molyneux, Aubusson.

Why So Serious?

Thanks to CKarina i was able to pick up a bottle of DK Unleaded at Enchanteperfumes, however they told me they no longer carry DK Men Fuel, i was really disappointed. *They also carry so many rare fragrances which cant be found anywhere in the GTA, they even carry some good Creeds and Annick Goutal's, wat's interesting is that they also carry CDG edp, edc and CDG White, lol.....WOW!!!! *I'm impressed with this place, but some of the prices are just ridiculous.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man

Why So Serious?

Also visit: www.perfumery.ca

There are many different locations in the GTA, most of their stuff are relatively cheap, and there are specials all the time where selected fragrances have unbeatable prices. You can check the updated specials flyer often.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX
    Also visit: www.perfumery.ca

There are many different locations in the GTA, most of their stuff are relatively cheap, and there are specials all the time where selected fragrances have unbeatable prices. You can check the updated specials flyer often.
    I was at the perfumery in Brampton the other day. For the most part it is your pretty standard cologne/cosmetics importer type of atmosphere. Aside from a few specials the prices aren't astounding, but much better than the department stores. One thing I found is that their selection for female fragrences is almost twice that of male fragrances. But all the same, they have most of the popular scents there.

If you're into gift sets they have a lot of them for pretty great prices like you get the set with the cologne along with bodywash, deoderant, or aftershave something like that for maybe five dollars more than the cologne on it's own.

I've looked through Enchante Perfumes' Fairview location... impressive selection, but they did have a fake Green Irish Tweed I tested.

Thumbs up Re: Toronto, Canada

Hello fellow members!

I know we are looking for shops in Toronto, however, there is a wonderful NICHE fragrance shop called The Perfume Shoppe that delivers to Toronto (actually, all over the world). The selection is wonderful and I believe that she is the only licensed carrier of the Parfumerie Generale line. The website is www.theperfumeshoppe.com

Enjoy shopping!

Parisa

Adding on to what's already mentioned...

Armani Prive line is at Holt Renfrew.

Serge Luten's is at the Bay and Sephora (the Sephora at Yorkdale stocks it).

The SA's at HR in Yorkdale also claim that the Bay Bloor location Holt Renfrew has ALL the niche labels but I doubt it considering they've never heard of Creed, Serge Lutens, MPG, or L'Artisan. "Do you have ______________ (insert aforementioned niche houses)?" " *Puzzled look on face* ...... *5 seconds pass* ..... I don't think we have it here but if you go to the Bay Bloor location, they have ALL the labels." -_______- Yeah. Right.

Also, Enchante Perfumes sell a lot of discontinued items but at an inflated price (for discontinued items).
    Last edited by myaccolades; 11th October 2006 at 06:05 AM.

Why So Serious?

I have never noticed Lutens at Sephora and Prive at Holts, probably because i need to search the women's sections more. Sometimes, these exclusive things are only at the women's section, really sexist lol.

Anyway, added a location if anyone wants to test a few Bond 9 frags.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man

The Armani Prive is on the men's side (at Yorkdale). But I also saw them selling the candles on the women's side, as well.

I didn't expect to see Luten's at Sephora Yorkdale either. I was actually looking for Kingdom (I saw it there once) and stumbled upon SL.

Thank you so much for the Sephora tip on SL!!!

I've had to order mine from The Perfume Shoppe last time but the service was more then worth it and shipping was super fast.

This way at least I'll be able to go in and sample away in peace
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Why So Serious?

I'm not sure how many SLs are present in Sephora since i havent had the chance to check it out. ThePerfumeShoppe i think has a wider selection to choose from, the Bay downtown toronto has been carrying Lutens for a while, but the selection is quite limited compared to the Perfume Shop, not sure if they imported more or will be, or if Fumerie Turque would be coming. Cant wait to come back To Tdot and check them out. But yeah, have to thank myaccolades for these wonderful pointers.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man

The Armani Prive line is located on the Giorgio Armani cosmetics counter at Holt's Bloor and Yorkdale. Also Holt's Bloor has a whole Creed counter located near the front by the escalators.

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX
    I'm not sure how many SLs are present in Sephora since i havent had the chance to check it out. ThePerfumeShoppe i think has a wider selection to choose from, the Bay downtown toronto has been carrying Lutens for a while, but the selection is quite limited compared to the Perfume Shop, not sure if they imported more or will be, or if Fumerie Turque would be coming. Cant wait to come back To Tdot and check them out. But yeah, have to thank myaccolades for these wonderful pointers.
    The Yorkdale Sephora has the same SL offerings as the Yorkdale Bay. I don't remember them all but the ones I tested were Ambre Sultan, Arabie, Un Bois Vanille, Chypre Rouge, Clair de Muscs.. that's all I can remember. The SA's at the Bay didn't know much about SL though. I asked if they're going to have Fumerie Turque and they just looked at me blankly. I then told them it was a limited edition. One of them goes 'Oh! But we have many limited editions!' and proceeded to point out half of their Serge Lutens offerings as limited edition fragrances -_______-

Anyways, just a tip for you all: I received an email from The Perfume Shoppe yesterday and they've informed me that they're going to stock Fumerie Turque in one and a half weeks. I can't wait!! Does anyone know if there will be a location in Toronto that's going to stock FT? Then I don't have to wait for it to be shipped

I like ordering from TPS but they really skimp out on their samples. I ordered a few samples and they sent me one of the SL samples in the official atomiser. However, it felt really empty when I shook it so I opened it up and alas, only 1/4 of it was in there. This wasn't the first time it happened...

I picked up some Shalimar for $50 at the Cosmetics Warehouse in Scarborough...if it was Shalimar, it was very old...none of the lemony topnotes, very woody basenotes. Not evil, just not Shalimar.

So the stock at Dixie Mall is fresh?

Called Sephora in Yorkdale again and talked to someone who finally had a clue... they have about 6 or so bottles of the export line at this location
    Last edited by Goddess_Dreams; 9th March 2007 at 06:48 PM.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

I just wanted to post a little something very interesting I found today.

Today however, I was at the Shoppers on Erin Mills Pkwy. and Burnhamthorpe at the South Common Mall in Mississauga and I was just amazed. They have this whole cosmetics department which is basically a seperate room from the rest of the store. It's all decked out and looks like some fancy designer store. As for fragrances - they have such an unbelievable selection. It's all organized by the brand, I saw plenty of fragrances that you rarely find in any of the department stores around here ie. Bvlgari Black, lots of YSL fragrances, and more. Everything had testers as well. As is par for the course, it's all pretty much retail price, not for those looking for a deal, but if you're looking to test out some fragrances, this is one of the best places I've ever seen for it. Without a doubt the selection was better than any department store I've ever been into and instead of having testers for just the most popular frags, they had ones for absolutely everything.

I just thought I'd share, I wonder if there are any other Shoppers Drug Marts like this, because I was quite pleasently surprised. Most of the Shoppers Drug Marts these days have a pretty decent selection of the popular designer fragrances, but this place was double that and very luxurious looking.

Why So Serious?

Indeed, that is a top notch Shoppers. I've been there several times myself, and i was impressed, i remember they even carried Comptoir Sud Pacifique, which is a niche house, lots of Chanels and Guerlains, and Phat Farm lol, that was ill. I agree on the impressive collection they carried.

I dont think any other Shoppers in Sauga can compete with that one, though the new one on Burnamthorpe and Mavis isn't too bad if i remembered correctly.

Good observation!
    Last edited by HackerX; 22nd November 2006 at 04:31 AM.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man

The shoppers at Bayview Village (Sheppard and Bayview) has a pretty good cosmetics section too that is almost separate on it own but I don't think it has the same amount as the one in sauga.

I hear of a lot of new MEGA shoppers drug marts opening that are giantic and have great selection. I'm a big fan of the Zirh line of facial products for men but just recently, many places have upped the prices. A 100ml tube of the Protect cream costs 37$ at many locations. However, at the shoppers in Vaughn (Dufferin and Steeles), they still sell it at 21$ so you guys might want to check it out if you like the Zirh line.

Shoppers also tends to have weekly sales on select fragrances. I bought my 100ml Opium for 20$, 125ml Rive Gauche for 20$ (I should've gotten two!), and Fendi Uomo for 20$. Actually, their fragrance sales are usually set around the $20 mark : P

Quote Originally Posted by myaccolades
    The shoppers at Bayview Village (Sheppard and Bayview) has a pretty good cosmetics section too
    I was just there. They have Bvlgari Black in stock! I've been looking for it all over, but neither The Bay or Sears has it. $54.99 in the cosmetics aisle of the Shoppers in Bayview Village last time I checked.

Not a fan of it myself, but I know a lot of you guys like it. - I saw 125 ml bottles of Rive Gauche PH at Walmart for only 19.99. They had tons.

Smile Re: Toronto, Canada

The Harvest Spa location on Yonge Street is having a closing sale until the end of March, so any of you who like Dyptique, Miller Harris and Fresh might want to go and grab your bottle before it's gone. Prices are highly reasonable after the 25% off and I've already hoarded my share.

Hi fellow Torontonians!

I was wondering if any Diptyque Philosykos EDT is sold anywhere in Toronto. I haven't seen any Diptyque spays around.

Thanks
    Last edited by ghotio; 28th January 2007 at 10:48 PM.

Harvest Spa had Philosykos when I was there early January or late December, but they have been out since. I suspect they won't be ordering more since they are closing. If anyone knows where else I might find Philosykos that would be greatly appreciated, as this was one that I was considering to buy, but wanted to test it a few more times.

I probably found their ad right here but I cannot remember exactly when. When I tried placing an order, their order form would not take my Toronto postal code. I placed an order for Bulgary Black 2.5 oz for Can$29.00, Van Cleef 3.5 oz for 27.00 and 6.5 oz of Quasar for Can # 21.00 or some ridiculously low price but the order page would not go into checkout so I called the telephone provided. The guy called me back (his name is Muhammad) but he informed me that the prices would be a couple of dollars more, still cheap to me so I said okay. When I got back from my Brazilian holiday the product still has not arrived so the mountain agreed to go to Muhammad and just pick up from his office which is close by. A weird way of doing business I rolled my eyes but I went along anyway because the prices are so cheap and the products seem to be genuine. To date I have ordered quite a few to feed my habit and my friends too, Dunhill Edition, Dolce & Gabbana, Jaipur EDP, Angel EDP, Michael Kors all cheaper that anyone else in GTA. He could not produce the Havana and JHL that was in his catalogue but I understand, they are extinct and he does not even know it. Now I just e-mail him with the items I find in his on-line catalogue and see what he can come up with and then I pick them up in his shared office. http://www.perfumewise.com/home.asp

Smile Re: Toronto, Canada

Hi,
    I'm relatively new to fragrances and have recently discovered the wonderful wealth of information from basenotes.

I also frequently go to various Shoppers Drug Marts around town and am very impressed with their selection of the designer fragrances and their sometimes Featured Specials.

Today I picked up the Shalimar gift set, which includes 30ml of edt and 75ml of the sensational body lotion, all for $38.99. To top it off, until this Friday, any $50 or more cosmetic or fragrance purchase will earn 20X the Optimum points. My $50 purchase netted me 10000 points. It adds up quickly.

This Saturday and Sunday only, you can redeem 75000 points for $200 worth of cosmetics/fragrances. This is $50 more than their normal $150. when you redeem 75000 of points. Or you can redeem 40000 points for $100 worth of cosmetics/fragrances.

Any guesses as to where I'll be this weekend, with my 115000 points (or $300.)? I'm already scouting the neighbourhood Shoppers!!!

osme, some of the prices look too good to be true. Any issues with your goods? Are you sure they're the real deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto
    osme, some of the prices look too good to be true. Any issues with your goods? Are you sure they're the real deal?
    No issues with authenticity. The prices for the same items would most likely have changed by now but still a lot cheaper than everyone else in the GTA. Check their website prices first though and see if he can come up with the goods.

The Bay at Yonge & Queen also has the export Lutens and a selection of Goutals (they just got Songes in recently). Actually, the Queen St. location had a special at the SL counter when I was there last week, a purse spray of Ambre Sultan if you purchase a full bottle of any SL.

Perfumery.ca website doesn't work for me anymore, so I can't see their flyers anymore. Their prices aren't always great, I agree, but when they put things on special for $10 or $20 you can get a steal (I got the last Winter Delices they had at Yonge and Eglinton about a year ago for $20 or less, and it was in sealed retail packaging, not a tester). I also picked up (and disliked) Samsara Shine for $10 at some point, and they tend to have a selection of the Coty, Dana, and so on fragrances you might not see other places if you want to test or buy cheaply.

Holts (Bay and Bloor) didn't carry Lutens when I last looked, but they may now. They did have a good selection of testers, including for Creed. They also put some great goodies in my bag when I picked up a bottle of something. They carry a good selection of Hermes (although there is also a boutique nearby, as there is for Chanel and Guerlain), they also carry more of the Donna Karan fragrances like Black Cashmere which aren't available at the Bay.

I asked Mirella about carrying SL a few years ago and she hadn't heard of them, so it sounds like she may be open to hearing about new lines to carry... anyone up for suggesting Malle for example?

I too have seen an occasional great price at Loblaws, but they didn't restock at my location and eventually the section was taken out. Purchasing required finding someone who knew where the key to open the case was, but there were some testers. I was amused that, being in Forest Hill, all of their Shalimar (which was pretty cheap) disappeared within a few days, and the tester sat there alone for many months thereafter. The Superstore at Don Mills had a much better selection and you could browse freely.

Shoppers: there are lots with Beauty Boutiques now, which is where you find the department store cosmetic and makeup lines like YSL, Guerlain. Someone also mentioned finding Demeters on clearance at Shoppers for $4.99 recently.

Sears is also worth checking out. They carry Shiseido fragrances, unlike the Bay. You can get Zen Classic at Christmas time each year, and they try to stock Feminite du Bois although it may take a while to get it back in once sold. The testers at Yonge and Dundas are hidden under the counter near the cash, so you wouldn't even know they carried it unless you ask.

Along Yonge, in between Dundas and Yonge mostly, there are a ton of little discount perfume shops and the like. I don't have the patience for them, but if you feel like shopping around I am sure there are some less common items and deals to be found.

I don't shop much, but do sometimes wander around as I work downtown. I hope this helps a few of you.

Quote Originally Posted by kasae
    Along Yonge, in between Dundas and Yonge mostly, there are a ton of little discount perfume shops and the like. I don't have the patience for them, but if you feel like shopping around I am sure there are some less common items and deals to be found.

Wow Kasae, you and I shop at the same places here in Toronto.

As to the discount places along Yonge Street, I go to my favourite one: Perfumes 629, at 629 Yonge Street. Sean carries mostly designer, some tough to find juices at top notch pricesm some testers -- sometimes he carries stuff supposedly exclusively available at Holt's.

www.perfumeplus629.com

Today, I found Creeds (Himalaya, Silver Mountain Water, Green Irish Tweed, Tabarone, Vetiver), each for $150CDN (125 ml, EDT).

Sean is such a good guy and helpful too -- if he doesn't have it, he'll try to get it for you.

dimples, you just rocked my world.

I find the prices on these online shops to be same a dept stores for many brands. I just bought D&G Light Blue 50ml for $40 at Real Canadian Superstore, best prices I've seen.

For those interested in purchasing Feminite du bois from Shieshido $68 at the Bay, there is a special bonus that they will add in next week. I'm thinking of picking myself up a bottle.

So what's the bonus already?? =)

Quote Originally Posted by ghotio
    For those interested in purchasing Feminite du bois from Shieshido $68 at the Bay, there is a special bonus that they will add in next week. I'm thinking of picking myself up a bottle.

I asked but they didn't say, said there was a "good bonus" if you spend over $40. I'm assuming a regular makeup bag with samples of their products.

Edit: This is the ad that I found that it comes with. The bag is lime green and looks quite nice/cheerful
    GIFT WITH PURCHASE

Bring home your special gift only at The Bay, Wednesday, March 14, 2007 to Sunday, March 25, 2007.

Yours FREE with any Shiseido purchase of $43 or more:

* Benefiance Enriched Balancing Softener, 30ml
    * Bio-Performance Super Restoring Cream, 7ml
    * Benefiance Instant Treatment Eye Mask, 1 sheet
    * Shiseido The Makeup Sheer Gloss Lipstick, 2.5g
    * Soft Touch Hairbrush
    * Signature Shiseido pouch
    Last edited by ghotio; 12th March 2007 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX View Post
    Pir Cosmetics(Yorkville) (there is another location somewhere near Front and King)
    25 Bellair Street
    Toronto, ON
    M5R 3L3
    Tel: 416-513-1603
    www.pircosmetics.com (under Canada)
    Niche range from L'Artisan, MPG(Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier), Carthusia, Etro, The Different Company......
    Hi, I was just at Pir and they told me they will no longer carry the L'Artisan line. They will be carrying other new lines of fragrances instead. They are not offering discounts, but will not be stocking their shelves.

I don't know of any other distributor for L'Artisan in Toronto, so I just thought I would give the heads up, in case anyone is interested in making a purchase soon.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Havn't been to the warehouse sale but I heard the deals are pretty good. Designer testers and gift sets are worth eyeing from what I've heard.

Default Noor!!

My wife and I were in Noor yesterday and had an absolutely fabulous experience. Like noted in a previous post, they carry an exptensive line of L'Artisan, Penhaligon, Santa Maria Novella, and Eau d'Italie (which I had not heard of, but is sublime!).

We talked and sampled, took our time, and learned a great deal about some new scents. The SA (Frederico) was the nicest I had ever met and there was no sales pressure at all. I usually do not buy on the spot...I take some time, spray a few shots, and then go for a walk and allow it to unfold. I am usually back the next day or so if I am really impressed. Usually when I inform the SA that I am not interested in buying at the moment, but only looking, there is a sudden change in attitude and the SA soon disappears. Not here. We could sniff as much as we wanted and he was available for any question or comment. And in the end, he packed us a bag of goodies/samples from the above houses.

The standouts from the trip were (in no particular order):
    Colonia Russa - Santa Maria Novella
    Fou d'Absinthe - L'Artisan
    Eau d'Italie - Eau d'Italie
    English Fern - Penhalligons
    Bluebell - Penhalligons

Our experience at Noor was, without any shadow of a doubt, the best fragrance shopping experience ever. We will assuredly return, and this time to buy (most likely the Colonia Russa and Fou d'Absinthe.) I would highly recommend anyone who is in the GTA to pay them a visit.
    You are not your perfume.

I, too, went to Noor this past week. They are a relatively new store, which carry only niche products.

Nahla and Frederico are the co-owners. I've only spoken with Nahla and found her to be ultra knowledgeable.

They are located at:
    176 Cumberland Street
    www.nooryorkville.com

Extremely knowledgeable and generous staff. It's a must visit for any perfumista/perfumister.

My favourites are:

Colonia Russa - Santa Maria Novella
    L'Artisan - Bois Farine
    L'eau d'Italie - Bois D'Ombrie
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Default Cb I Hate Perfume

Just a quick note to say that CB I Hate Perfume is now available in Toronto at Hazel in Yorkville.

http://www.hazeltoronto.com/

Why So Serious?

Ever heard of DSH Perfumes (Dawn Spencer Hurwitz)? This is as niche as can get, she offers exotic perfumes, parfum extracts, oils for women, men, unisex......etc.

Apparently TNT Blu carries her products, either in TNT Blu or TNT Women on Eglinton Ave.

http://www.dshperfumes.com (under 'Stores' there's a phone number provided for TNT Blu which really is the # for TNT Women on Eglinton)

http://www.tntthenewtrend.com

By the way, i just ordered the men's sample pack which includes 18 frags on her website, i cant wait to try these as their descriptions sound phenomenal, but boy these are quite expensive. Exciting line i've never heard of.

Also, if you decide to order something online, there's a coupon code 20% until Jan 5th that is posted in the discounts section on the board, but since you're here i might as well just give it to ya - HOL7.
    Last edited by HackerX; 3rd December 2007 at 02:33 AM.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man

I was wandering up Spadina yesterday and I found a great wholesaler with some nice stuff for cheap.
    Earlier in the day I had bought a 75ml bottle of John Varvatos at Sephora for $70, but at this place I found a 125ml bottle for $55. Needless to say, I'm returning the Varvatos to Sephora and picking up the bigger one here.

It's on Spadina a little bit north of Dundas, I can't remember exactly where, but I think it was near Baldwin. She has a display case with some boxes sitting outside. I was a bit leery, being in Chinatown and all, so I asked her why her prices are so cheap and she told me that she's a wholesaler and sells to many of the other shops around the city, and the Paco Rabanne Black XS I bought from her looks and smells legit. She has three huge walls filled with a couple hundred fragrances, and it's definately worth visiting if you're in that area.

Blog Entries

Mirella Parfums in the Manulife Centre is closed as of January 5, 2008.

http://www.reportonbusiness.com/serv...lBusiness/home

Why So Serious?

That is the saddest thing i have ever heard. She's one of the nicest and most knowledgeable person i have ever met, a true enthusiast of perfumes, incredible. Such bad news to such a good person and a beautiful boutique.

I wish her all the best!
    Last edited by HackerX; 9th February 2008 at 04:02 PM.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man

The Winners near Church and Front has a 4 oz bottle of Creed Tabarome for $105. I would have bought it if I liked Tabarome, but somebody is going to get lucky.

They also had a 125ml bottle of John Varvatos for $40.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagesse View Post
    The Winners near Church and Front has a 4 oz bottle of Creed Tabarome for $105. I would have bought it if I liked Tabarome, but somebody is going to get lucky.

They also had a 125ml bottle of John Varvatos for $40.
    I also some a few Creed's at the Eglinton East location (around Bayview I think). They also had Royal Water and a few others (some of the "flower's"...2000 or Spring Flowers, I forget which).

A few updates...

Andrew's at Hazelton Lanes now has Lutens. I passed by while they were closed but there were posters & I spotted a few tall rectangular bottles from outside.

Sephora in Yordale now has quite a number of the export line, including that of the lovely fleurs d'oranger. Although I remember having tested Gris Clair at this location and could not find it last time I was there, can anyone confirm?

Holt now has limited offering of état libre d'orange, and I believe more may be coming. Vraie Blonde is truly wearable and lovely I mind you.

Hello,

I'm new here, joining the thread late but been lurking for awhile and wanted to add to the list with some other stores that haven't been mentioned yet. There's Couture Parfums, no Web site but there's a little blurb here:

http://www.torontoplus.ca/portal/pro...fileID=1069258

I was at the TSX Tower location where I picked up a Nu EDT gift set for $19.99 (on that note, I know many prefer the EDP but I haven't been able to stop sniffing my wrist all afternoon). An added bonus to this location being that Enchante and Blossom Bath & Body (as well as numerous SDMs) are just steps away in the TD Centre. They also have a location at Empress Walk.

Also, I just found about this in one of those community flier things, Essence Fine Fragrances:

www.essencefinefragrances.com

Can't personally recommend it since I've never been and I think it's new, anyone know anything about it? It's not too far from where I live so I'll have to check it out soon.

I've also seen Creeds at the Winners in the Yonge/Sheppard Centre a couple of months ago (Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed, Fleurissimo, Fantasia de Fleurs...for $127.)

Cheers,

Anna
    Last edited by Anna_P; 11th April 2008 at 09:31 PM.

nsamadi was kind enough to let us know about By Kilians at Holt Renfrew (B.C., Calgary & Toronto). I dropped by the Toronto store yesterday and I was able to get samples on Straight to Heaven and Taste of Heaven. The complete line was in the women's fragrance section.

The SA told me the price: 50ml for C$225, refill C$115, 1 Liter refillable $2500. Priced exactly the same as By Kilians site (except for the refill).

Holt also has Bond No. 9. I didn't really count the number of scents, but they definitely have at least 15 of them (including Silver Factory, Wall Street etc.) Didn't inquire about the prices as they were practically stocking the shelves when I dropped by.
    Last edited by Omega Man; 13th April 2008 at 04:09 AM.

Holt Renfrew has a few of the Etat Libre d'Orange line, but mostly the ones that are more targeted towards women. I saw them a few weeks ago, so they might have the men's now.

Holt Renfrew has a few of the Etat Libre d'Orange line, but mostly the ones that are more targeted towards women. I saw them a few weeks ago, so they might have the men's now.
    From what I remember, they had the following (my memory isn't always perfect):

-Chargone
    -Delicious Closet Queen
    -Divine'enfant
    -Don't get me wrong baby...
    -Eloge du Traitre
    -Jasmin & Cigarettes
    -Je Suis Un Homme
    -Putain des Palaces
    -Rien
    -Rossy de Palma
    -Vierges et Torerors
    -Vrais Blonde

They're apparently getting Tom of Finland this summer (June/July). They didn't have Secetions Magnifique and Encens et Bubblegum. They had a jar with samples for most in it, located in the women's perfume section.

The Lisa's Cosmestics sale is on now up in Markham.

The flyer is here: http://lisascosmetics.com/may2008.htm

I went yesterday. Most 100ml bottles of designer men's frags (Burberry, Gucci, Givenchy, Lacoste, CK etc.), were around $35 for a regular bottle, $29 for a tester. They also has some things like Narciso Rodriguez for him at $45 for 50ml, $55 for 100ml and $49 for 100ml of A*Men. I didn't get a good look at the women's stuff, but I saw the Burberry women's frags at $49 for the 100ml EdP.

It's certainly worth checking out if you want to make your way up to Markham. There's long lineups on the weekend, but it is impossible to find parking during the week (they block off half the parking lot for employees of the building during the week), so pick your poison.

i'm moving to toronto for awhile, anyone know where i can buy d'orsay products?

Just went to Holt Renfrew in Toronto and noticed there is a new line of men's fragrance called "Profumo di Firenze - Odori ".

Here is a list of scents available:
    Cuoio
    Tabacco
    Zafferano
    Iris
    Gli Odori
    Spigo

They are EDT strength. Comes in 100ml bottle. Price is C$220.
    Last edited by Omega Man; 4th July 2008 at 08:52 PM.

Enchante Perfumes at TD Centre is most definitely selling some sort of a vile toilet bowl cleaner reagent as Green Irish Tweed. The stuff is fake but the price tag is real enough though The store assistants have no idea or do a very good job of pretending that they don't. Don't know about their other Creeds, but I'd stay away from them all, besides their prices are not that much lower than Holt's.

EDIT: a week and numerous GIT samplings later I must conclude that the GIT at Enchante may be legit after all. They seem to have a massive problem with their quality control as I've smelled at least four distinctly different types of GIT from a variety of sources including Holt Renfrew (two different sample vials had two very different scents). Mine (and others') experiences on GIT can be viewed in this thread. I've personally given up on GIT and will stick to the safer offerings by Creed like Millesime Imperial and Silver Mountain Water.
    Last edited by Igor01; 3rd August 2008 at 06:33 PM.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet, but Andrew's in Hazelton Lanes is now carrying Amouage (as well Serge Lutens, Bond No. 9, Cartier, Bvlgari, etc.)

The Lisa's Cosmestics sale is on now up in Markham.

The flyer is here: http://lisascosmetics.com/may2008.htm

I went yesterday. Most 100ml bottles of designer men's frags (Burberry, Gucci, Givenchy, Lacoste, CK etc.), were around $35 for a regular bottle, $29 for a tester. They also has some things like Narciso Rodriguez for him at $45 for 50ml, $55 for 100ml and $49 for 100ml of A*Men. I didn't get a good look at the women's stuff, but I saw the Burberry women's frags at $49 for the 100ml EdP.

It's certainly worth checking out if you want to make your way up to Markham. There's long lineups on the weekend, but it is impossible to find parking during the week (they block off half the parking lot for employees of the building during the week), so pick your poison.
    And it is back again. http://www.lisascosmetics.com/images/tt.jpg

I went today and I picked up a 100ml tester of Viktor and Rolf Antidote for $49 (the stuff is at least $120 at Holt Renfrew) and a 100 ml tester of Mugler Cologne for $20.

Hey guys, the list seems to be a little out-dated. Some stores seem to have closed, or at least I can't find them/their websites don't work. And many stores changed their lines, I can't seem to find Serge Lutens in any of the locations of the Bay and Sephora, yet to visit the Yorkdale branch though.

I just had my first official visit of Noor's boutique in the hope of trying some L'Artisan's, I've been there before to check their candles, but got out immediately once I saw with almost only carry Diptyqe, obviously I didn't know much about Niche perfumes back then. So my first real visit was fantastic, got to try some L'Artisan's and Frapin's, they lady working there was quite nice and knowledgeable, she even offered me free samples without me even asking this is one of my new favorite places in the city. Sadly the only brand they carry I'm familiar with is L'Artisan, well, also Diptyque but I'm yet to be semi-impressed by it. Oh and their prices are pretty good surprisingly. 155CAD for 100ml of L'Artisans EdP's is even cheaper than what you'd get it for online.

However I'm still looking for stores who carry more Niche brands, mainly MPG, Serge Lutens, Montale, Amouage...etc. Could you guys point me to anywhere? I haven't visited Andrews yet and it's my next stop, however it seems like a high-end store that doesn't respect young casually dressed customers that much *cough* holt renfrew *cough*, I hope it's not, I'm a little hesitant to go there and try expensive perfumes only to get weird looks and unhelpful SA's.

any other places you recommend guys?