Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Online Shopping

Default YourNewFragrance.com - good prices but any experiences???

Looking for some Canali frags I came across this site that seems to have pretty good prices. I searched the forums and nobody seems to have mentioned this site.

Would i be a fool to order off of here?

Thumbs down Re: fragranceX

I bought bogus stuff from them. I would never purchase again.

Default Re: fragranceX

Have bought from them once and received a prize through them on another occasion. The prize arrived considerably quicker.
    Both were the real deal and as per descriptions on the site, so no complaints there.

One thing you do need to keep in mind, Justin: if customs decide to open your package they may add import tax to the total value of your package. So that's your own risk whne buying from outside of the EU!
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Default Re: YourNewFragrance.com - good prices but any experiences???

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Looking for some Canali frags I came across this site that seems to have pretty good prices. I searched the forums and nobody seems to have mentioned this site.

The way their site looks says allot to me. Unless there's a few here wich had positive experience, I wouldn't take the gamble.
    unico grande amore.

Quote Originally Posted by veuve amiot View Post
    Have bought from them once and received a prize through them on another occasion. The prize arrived considerably quicker.
    Both were the real deal and as per descriptions on the site, so no complaints there.

One thing you do need to keep in mind, Justin: if customs decide to open your package they may add import tax to the total value of your package. So that's your own risk whne buying from outside of the EU!
    Thank you for the info. Do you know any good online dutch or european discounters?
    unico grande amore.

Default Cheapsmells.com

Hello community !
    I have good experience with fragrancedirect.co.uk from the past, 2 weeks ago i ordered some stuff from cheapsmells.com and still hasn't arrived.They have very good rating on review pages...

What's your experience with their frags, old stock/new stock, storage,..?

Thanx, Simon

Default Re: Cheapsmells.com

I've found them to be very good actually. I've ordered a great deal from them over the years and found their service to be top notch. No complaints here.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Basenotes Plus

I've ordered from them a few times and I've had absolutely no problems. They seem to keep up to date with new releases. I've never received anything 'off' from them.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

I've seen this one for the first time actually, though they offer allot, decent shipping rates etc. looks pretty solid.. good website aswell!
    unico grande amore.

I have ordered from them a number of times and find them excellent - good prices, fast delivery. I have never had any issue with them and they are always the site I go to first when thinking of purchasing.

I agree with Buddy97 that Cheapsmells are the first people I think of ordering from when it comes to mainstream fragrances - same is true for my next door neighbour who tipped me off about them. Products have been fine, delivery fast and efficient. Sorry you have had a bad experience here.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by veuve amiot View Post

I had experienced it before but i received arrival notice from the customs to get there ..then i went, paid the taxes and took the fragrances...but for last two orders i have not received any arrival notice from customs, and even not any response from FragranceX about status of the orders..
    i will try beautyencounter next time , never & ever fragx in the future..

Quote Originally Posted by VM I hate civet View Post
    I agree with Buddy97 that Cheapsmells are the first people I think of ordering from when it comes to mainstream fragrances - same is true for my next door neighbour who tipped me off about them. Products have been fine, delivery fast and efficient. Sorry you have had a bad experience here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy97 View Post
    I have ordered from them a number of times and find them excellent - good prices, fast delivery. I have never had any issue with them and they are always the site I go to first when thinking of purchasing.
    Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    I've found them to be very good actually. I've ordered a great deal from them over the years and found their service to be top notch. No complaints here.
    My thoughts exactly!

i find them impeccable to be honest

I have ordered from them both in 2006 Fragrancedirect shipped your order out faster.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Next to the bottle of Van Winkle Special Reserve

There are two things that I don't like about it.

First, the only address is a P.O. box in Wichita, Kansas. The Wichita part I don't mind - it's the P.O. box that bothers me.

Second, in the bottom is a link to Discount Perfume, which goes to Perfume Bada Boom. At the bottom of that page is a link to Discount Perfume, which has a link at the bottom to Perfume Bada Boom. Those two sites only give a phone number.

They may be fine, but I'm not willing to order from a company that won't freely give out its location.
    Marge: Do you want your son to become Chief Justice of the Supreme Court or a sleazy male stripper?
    Homer: Can't he be both, like the late Earl Warren?

I'm waiting an order for 2 months from FragranceX, when my BeautyEncounter orders take 7 days.

Never again.

To The Netherlands it takes about 12 working days, but they do always reply to me.

Default Scentberry.com

Just thought I'd start this thread on Scentberry.com because I've seen their (new?) ad recently on BN. Others can put there experiences here and dpak can summarize it on his BIG list of online stores if y'all want.

I just wanted to note that the ad says "we will meet or beat any price!!" but I cannot find anything about this on their site, so I imagine you'll have to call them if you want to take advantage of this feature. Given that the policy is not stated on the site, they can pretty-much qualify the price-guarantee any way they want.

Also, they claim to be "The World's Largest Discount Fragrance Store", just as other online discounters claim the same thing in various similarly-worded statements. I plugged that exact phrase into Google and FragrenceNet.com pops up. A little further nosing around and turns out that both are located in Hauppauge, NY (but with diff street addresses). Partners? Just a FragranceNet.com alias?

I really hate general, vague, sensational statements like this so these two issues above are already points against Scentberry.com in my book. However, I have not ordered from them so I can't attest to any actual experience with them.

I already orderd.

PRAY FOR MY FRAGRANCES. . and credit information.

Default Re: Scentberry.com

I have learned four things from almost a decade of online fragrance shopping:

1- Any online fragrance site that claims they are the largest online retailer of fragrances, isn't.

2- Any online fragrance site that claims they will not be beaten on price, will.

3- Any online fragrance site that makes the two claims made above is not to be trusted as a general principle.

4-
    Any online fragrance site that the does not have a phone number (and this one doesn't) through which they can be immediately contacted is definitely not to be trusted.

A cursory check of their website confirmed that anything they sell can be found cheaper through other online fragrance retailers and eBay.

My advice, avoid them
    and stick to the well-proven, professionally run sites with established integrity and customer service and care.

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 9th May 2009 at 10:16 PM.

i look at they site it has very good price and look like fast shipping but i have never order from there i will do till my collection finish out ehhe, also have you heard about extrascents.co.uk their site had good price, fast shipping but i find cheapsmells much better cos it much cheaper then any other site
    Last edited by perfume4life; 9th May 2009 at 09:54 PM.

Default Re: Scentberry.com

Good common-sense Scentemental

Seems dpak is on top of things. More info. here: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=224558

ordered some stuff on monday bank holiday and it arrived on thurs, burberry london and magnetism 50mls

i just order mine bulgari aqua 50 ml for 19.00 what a price! and just extra 95p for postal

Thanx for replying, i was curious about perfumes quality.
    Now i realise that they are in Channel Islands not in UK as i thought(didn't read carefully), so that's why delivery takes a little longer, but i will also have to pay tax on arrival

I got my samples today.. and it was too good packed actually, haha. And time to deliver was like the website stated.. So no complaints at all for me!
    unico grande amore.

wow! judging from the posts in this thread, i think i'm gonna get me perfumes from fragrance direct!

Thumbs up Re: Cheapsmells.com

I get my perfumes today, it takes a little more time to deliver but it worth, all items are genuine and packed carefully, and most important i get it more than 60% cheaper..
    I didn't have to pay any extra tax, it seems there is some EU directive about it.
    Thumbs up

Default Fragrance X.com

Hi

Has anybody in the UK ordered from www.fragrancex.com ?

Can you relate whether you had any issues with Customs on arrival in the UK? Invariably, we just can't get access to certain fragrances from UK stores which forces me to look abroad.

Carl.
    Bijan, you are one of the greats!

Default Re: Fragrance X.com

Hey good poster, yes i been order from them last month got it about 14 days which is good not bad and the customs is very helpful, my friend you will be fine believe me

I ordered from them before as well. Delivery took quite a while (not surprising) but everything was fine in the end. But for what I'm paying, I have no complaints and will definitely order from then again in the future. Although I've read that some other members ran in to some difficulties.

Smile Re: Anyone purchase off of FragranceNet?

Hello,I have purchased from fragrancenet quite a few times. The fragrances are brand new just like you would find in the department stores. There is no difference between the purfume and cologne from the department stores and the ones you get from fragrancenet other than the price difference. They have a large selection of great designer fragrances that are not knockoff's. I suggest that you give them a try. I cannot tell the difference between there fragrances at all. I have bought from department stores and fragrancenet. You will save a lot of money buying from them.
    Thankyou,
    Jeremy Belcastro

Thanks people, that's very encouraging.

Carl.
    Bijan, you are one of the greats!

I'd love to buy from cheapsmells if they'd have all Dior Homme editions, haha.. I can't find any seller wich has all
    unico grande amore.

Basenotes Plus

Hi Seemon - Welcome.
    Re - Cheapsmells.com. I have ordered from them quite a few times and have found them to be first class both in terms of product quality and speed of delivery.

Default The Perfume Emporium

Ahoy, does anyone have any experience with www.theperfumeemporium.co.uk? They have a good selection and good prices, but I always get dubious with unfamiliar frag sites. Am I being too cautious?

Default Re: The Perfume Emporium

Hey i had to order from them two months ago, but they never came so i had to refund i email them but they said the royal mail taking long time to arrive so i could't be awaiting. I don't think it good site, i wont shop their again.

There is a Perfume Emporium online store in the states as well. I wonder if the same owner owns both...

Default dutyfreeperfumes.com

has anybody here orderd form Dutyfreeperfume.com and what is ur expirience ?
    Last edited by moreda; 5th June 2009 at 11:44 PM.

The US one is top-notch...never heard of the other one, but its usually a bad sign when someone takes the name of an already established site.

First off, sorry to the mods for posting this in the wrong place, and thanks for moving it (luv u etc.).

Secondly, thanks to you guys for confirming what I suspected. There are a few companies in Nottingham that have a pretty bad rep for cosmetics/beauty goods and I reckon they're all the same company. Bummer - their price on 100ml of Equipage was highly tempting . Back to the piggy bank, I think....

Default Re: dutyfreeperfumes.com

can any one tell me his expirience please?

in case you mean http://www.dutyfreeperfume.co.uk: I already orderd a boxed tester from them: great quality, safe packaging (almost like out of the production line), with only one drawback that Europeans (like you obviously are) can surely take into account:
    "Royal Surface Mail" takes about 4 weeks to the Continent
    But the shipping and product price is awesome, I am just about to order again from them!

The white tester boxes make a good impression as well (if they would not say "tester - not for sale")

Hope I could have helped...

I've also had nothing but good experiences with dutyfreeperfume.co.uk
    Last edited by the_good_life; 8th June 2009 at 01:01 AM.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

hello,
    i was a bit worried to use my creditcard on that site.
    but according to your information , is the dutyfreeperfume a reliabble site

Default Re: Internet Sites - DISCOUNT ONLY

Here's one no one has mentioned:

Overstockperfume.com

I have used them 3 times, unfortunately, I had never smelled the fragrances I bought from them before purchasing them so I can not speak to the authenticity of the fragrances. I definitely received one bottle (Live Jazz by YSL) that the ID Numbers cut off of the label. But the fragrance seems to hold up well. The other two bottles were as authentic as I could gather without having smelt them before. Good prices and great customer service and deliver.

Default Regarding www.fragranceshop.com

I was a bit worried ordering from this site because I couldn't find any solid evidence it wasn't a scam. I took the risk and they hooked me up with L'Eau D'Issey for a fantastic price (comparatively)

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place but for the record, fragranceshop.com worked out great for me, I recommend it.

Default Re: Regarding www.fragranceshop.com

Same here, I've had no problems with them!

Default Re: Regarding www.fragranceshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by ooofireballooo View Post
    Same here, I've had no problems with them!
    Yeah, me neither. They get some bad press here, but I've had positive experiences. When they were out of the Kouros I ordered, they sent me a box with the size EDT I ordered and a body wash at no charge and didn't even mention that it was a substitution.

Hi Uppercut

received your fragrance yet?

I was just contemplating to order from them, and saw your post. Hope you can share your experience! thanks in advance!

Post Re: YourNewFragrance.com - good prices but any experiences???

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post

Don't be afraid, I've had an account there for a year, and I've never had any problems. My last order was in February 2009 for a half ounce of Joy at the best price I could find online. The customer service has always been excellent, I've dealt with Frank on more than one occasion, if it's after hours, and you leave an email you'll get a call back the next day. One of my favorite things about their website is that they don't list things they don't have, unlike most online sellers that when you click on the item you get the message: Out of Stock, or Notify Me. I always pay by credit card, or with Paypal, ( which they take) so I don't have to worry when buying online. I hate to hear people put down a business that they've never dealt with !

Default Cosmas?

Great prices, really, really great prices. Almost too great, anyone used these folks?

http://www.cosmas.com/

Default Re: The BIG list of online stores - your input needed!

This thread is old, I realize...but I'm having a bad experience with parfum1.
    Admittedly, the start of this issue was my own fault.

Placed an order with them a few days ago but accidentally gave them the wrong billing address (d'oh!), I realized this morning, so I emailed them about it 8 AM, I hadn't gotten a response so I just called them...

After about five rings:
    Parfum: *sounds annoyed* "Parfum"
    Me: "Hi...I placed an order with you guys a couple of days ago and---"
    Parfum: "Yeah..no, no, everyone is gone for the day" *Click*

Hows that for customer service?
    It was 4:45 PM and their hours are listed as 10-6 Monday-Friday

Anyone recently do business with FragranceX? I haven't personally run into any trouble, but over on Fragrantica rumours are flying that they are experiencing gigantic delays in shipping and cannot be reached at all at present. I kinda want to know before I give them my money.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Basenotes Institution

Veuve - thanks for the info.
    I have not recently bought from FragranceX- though when I have ordered several months ago - I have only ever had a good experience with them - fast shipping, customer service ,good prices . 4 products ordered separately last year- I rang customer services and said I had to have the last order quick - within 3 days as I was flying off on vacation - it was done without fuss or problems so I am surprised about the problems being had with them right now.' No smoke without fire' though so personally I won't be dealing with them again after reading about the delayed shipping and no contact. Especially no contact!

www.beautyencounter.com - I have ordered from them twice. 1st order- no problems because I paid with a credit card. 2nd order is ongoing- what a headache ! because I paid via Paypal .Do not pay via Paypal with them - the way they handle Paypal leaves much to be desired . They require a screenshot of your order! Nonsense - If Fragrancenet.com can process your order via Paypal fast and without a screenshot - why do Beautyencounter need one ? All is now delayed and I think I will cancel my order and reorder using my credit card. UPDATE : turns out beautyencounter had to approve the Paypal payment - I let the order proceed-it's all getting a little tiring !
    UPDATE AGAIN : cancelled the order. Now they are out of stock .I am disgusted.
    I also want to add that www.reirien.com is an excellent online discount store- I have ordered 3 times from them . Perfect products . The lady who runs it, Dea - is very nice and I believe she is a perfumista. They have reasonable prices and a good selection of hard to finds. It's a new online store but I have ony good things to say about it. I order with confidence .
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 21st August 2009 at 09:53 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Thumbs up Re: The BIG list of online stores - your input needed!

want the best deal go to the best webiste
    Search through all wholesellers for designer perfumes prices4perfume com enter name and tells you best price & who has it

I ordered from Beauty Encounter from their Amazon storefront. The item was listed in stock. I received conformation that my order was in process.

A few days later, I received an e-mail stating the item was out of stock and told me to make another selection. I sighed and bought something else in the same line, but I would never do this again.

I have ordered other items, however, with no problems. Fast service and comes well packaged.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyjreid View Post
    Anyone used escentual.com?
    Yes, I have used them several times. I am based in Norway and have received my orders quickly. They ship worldwide and yes I would use them again. Seems to have a good selection of Carons not found elsewhere.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I ordered from Beauty Encounter from their Amazon storefront. The item was listed in stock. I received conformation that my order was in process.

A few days later, I received an e-mail stating the item was out of stock and told me to make another selection. I sighed and bought something else in the same line, but I would never do this again.

I have ordered other items, however, with no problems. Fast service and comes well packaged.
    The same thing happened with me and Sephora on their Amazon store front. I ordered L'Heure Bleue EDT which was listed as in stock . They took the money but then I received an email saying the item was out of stock ! I had to ring their customer services 3 times to ensure my money was refunded and the order was cancelled. It took me over a week . I really did not expect such ineptitude from Sephora but I will not buy from their Amazon store front again.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.