Code of Conduct
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Default Re: Is this a reputable eBay seller?

Quote Originally Posted by Jouho View Post
    I'm aware of the fragrancenet and scentedmonkey eBay stores, however I've read a little about the Mill Creek Rescue seller (millcreekrescue909).

Any of you received any frags from them?

What can you tell me about what you received, such as legitimacy, old stock/new stock or w/e, etc.

Thanks.
    I just bought something from them. They have 99.9% positive feedback and thousands of sales. I would say you're probably safe.

Just wanted to add some other people I've purchased from that I've been happy with:

lia8018 - Mandarina Duck Black
    Mewtwo2 - Tuscan Leather
    bballplayer312 - Immortelle de Corse
    Last edited by The Smelly Scientist; 21st January 2013 at 08:06 PM.
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real, unbiased data on fragrance potency! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPindex

Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

Quote Originally Posted by Jouho View Post
    It's okay, thanks for the response . Also, could you please PM me a list or something of reputable sellers via eBay for fragrances? Thanks in advance.
    I thought ebay had restricted the perfume auctions after some kind of lawsuit in France?
    Last edited by neparlepas; 28th January 2013 at 03:18 AM.
    winter: Body Kouros
    summer : guerlain vetiver

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by neparlepas View Post
    I thought ebay had restricted the perfume auctions after some kind of lawsuit in France?
    In France, yes, but not in the USA.

yuranluba2007 sells fake chanel allure homme sport

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Yuranluba2007 refunded me $50 (paid 60) for a fake bottle of chanel AHS. It doesn't make up for selling fakes but a step in the right direction. Lesson learned will be more careful when buying online

I highly recommend buying from Perfume4us. I received a bottle that had leaked, and Adam (who I believe is the owner) offered to either refund the amount of the bottle that had leaked, or send me a new bottle and cover the return shipping and process a refund of the old one.

Adam is a stand up guy. Highly recommended!
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real, unbiased data on fragrance potency! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPindex

Avoid seller hydrangea2736 like the plague! First negative feedback I've ever given. She advertised this:Attachment 21481

as "Vintage Dina Merrill amarante Cologne Spray 2 oz. FULL BOTTLE!"

When it arrived and I opened it up, I got this:empty perfume.jpg.

When I contacted her to let her know, I inadvertently opened an ebay case, as when you try to e-mail them that the item arrived not as advertised, it automatically does that.

It's one thing to be a seller and make a mistake, we are all human, but the way this woman responded was absolutely AWFUL! She accused me of lying and that I had buyer's remorse (BF got a good laugh at this, as I have no remorse to blowing all my expendable cash on vintage perfume!). Her attitude really ruined my (Halloween) evening. I sent it back and am out return shipping, which isn't that much, but it is annoying to have to pay for her mistake (not checking her item properly) and worst of all, having to deal with her. Her response to my feedback:

LIAR! BUYER REMORSE! LOOK AT MY 100% POSITIVE FEEDBACK WITH 1300+ TRADES...LIAR!

good times, huh?
    Currently wearing: Sarabe by Juvena

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Ugh, and take a look at the feedback she leaves others as a buyer:
    http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs...6&Dirn=Left+by

She likes to shout, doesn't she?
    For what it's worth, she shot herself in the foot with her reply to you.

Wow, 30 Roses, great tool! Thanks so much!
    Currently wearing: Sarabe by Juvena

Some good ones, some negative ones:

First of all, Al-Afdal. Mostly they sell cheapish but fairly nice-smelling attars and mukhallats, and their jamid cubes smell ab-so-lute-ly heavenly. I purchased their musk and rose jamids a while ago and hung them up in my bathroom and in my wardrobe and even keep one cube of the musk beside my bed to sniff it when I need a quick fix. Some of the fragrance oils are quite nice, too--their Ambergris Deluxe is gorgeous in its sweetness.

The downside? This guy will rip you off with the postage. He absolutely refuses to combine postage and then quotes some rubbish about P&P and insuring the packages and whatnot. First of all, eBay doesn't allow sellers to charge extra for insuring packages and secondly, I bought three bottles, all of which got sent to me in an envelope for a bit over £3 going by the stamp, but he charged me £9 for the postage, as if he was sending each bottle separately. I pointed this out to him and he just got snooty at me and refused to refund me the extra £6. I also asked him about the various perfumes and jamids before and after my purchases, and he always comes across as kind of condescending whenever you try to communicate with him, like he's turning his nose up at you. It really is a shame, because if he didn't overcharge for the postage, I would be buying more than one item at a time from him again as I really do find his own scents really wonderful. It's just poor business, and I have no idea how he's managed to keep up a 99.8% rating with this postage rubbish. Perhaps this is only the case with buyers from outside the UK; I don't know.

As for excellent sellers: I've had a great experience with bacchuz84. They've got some hard-to-find perfumes for fixed prices so you don't have to fight for them, and the prices are far better than in most other places. And the postage is free everywhere--they use a really fast shipping method as well (can't remember if it was a courier service, but I think it might have been, which is amazing, considering how affordable the perfumes are anyway). But then again, I live in Finland and it's an insanely expensive country for pretty much everything. Gucci's Rush is my favourite Western perfume of all time and it's getting increasingly hard to find, so I was overjoyed when I found out they stocked it and grabbed some for myself before the scent vanishes altogether. But yep, great customer service, affordable prices and swift, free shipping.

And back to the oudhs and attars--I've only had one transaction with Aloes of Ish so far and he seems like a great guy and his stuff is just wonderful, and I know others have had good experiences with him, too. My oudh got shipped really fast and was amazing value for money, and the free sample attar was nummy as well.

Paradise Perfumes and Gems is another seller of oudhs and mukhallats and bakhoor, and while some of their perfume prices are a bit high, they ship really fast, combine postage and are incredibly flexible when it comes to combining items. I primarily buy bakhoor incense bricks from them and they're probably my favourite eBay seller when it comes to the stuff. They have several auctions where they will, for example, offer a pack of four different bakhoors where I've liked all of them except one and they've substituted it for one I did like without a problem, stuff like that. They're really friendly and nice and the shipping costs are reasonable and they ship really fast.

Those are the sellers I can think of off the top of my head, but will list more once I'm less tired

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

snowgrouse, I'm puzzled- I clicked on your link for Al-Afdal and looked randomly at one of his listings. Clicking on shipping details, with Finland as receiving country, he shows a reduced rate for each additional item.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    snowgrouse, I'm puzzled- I clicked on your link for Al-Afdal and looked randomly at one of his listings. Clicking on shipping details, with Finland as receiving country, he shows a reduced rate for each additional item.
    I wouldn't trust that myself just yet--I haven't got the money to risk trying to buy more than one item from him right now, but when I added a couple of oils to my shopping basket and went to the checkout page, it didn't offer an automated postage discount like many other shops do. It could be that he just hasn't programmed that in yet, but I'm also not looking forward to sending the guy a request for a new invoice, considering how rude he was to me the last time. But if someone else outside the UK wants to give it a go, I'd be quite interested to know if he really has mended his ways.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Maybe you just got off on the wrong foot. Perhaps the discount isn't automated. Then again, maybe it is, but eBay has a lot of glitches for sellers and things don't always work the way they should. I'd go ahead and ask for the new invoice.

Then, too, sometimes directness is mistaken for rudeness. In written communication there is no tone or facial expression. Add language and cultural differences, and it's easy to misunderstand each other.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 4th February 2015 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Maybe you just got off on the wrong foot. Perhaps the discount isn't automated. Then again, maybe it is, but eBay has a lot of glitches for sellers and things don't always work the way they should. I'd go ahead and ask for the new invoice.

Then, too, sometimes directness is mistaken for rudeness. In written communication there is no tone or facial expression. Add language and cultural differences, and it's easy to misunderstand each other.
    He's always been pretty condescending, to the point where I don't feel like having to expose myself to his rudeness again. And I don't really know what to think about your comment myself right now, as I feel like you're implying I don't know that communicating on the internet can be difficult (I've been online for twenty years now, so to be told obvious stuff like that feels a little strange, even a tad condescending). I may be a newbie here but not exactly a newbie to eBay or to communicating with people (across cultures and whatnot), and I can tell when someone is being snooty and disrespectful, and that guy has never come across as particularly helpful or nice. I have exchanged several messages with him, too, asking about the sources and materials of various scents and he's... kind of been sneery about them, too. So it's not like I'm complaining because I've just got some paranoid bad vibe about the guy or if it was an one-time communication glitch. It's been a series of uncomfortable exchanges. And I didn't even really come here to solely bash the guy or anything, anyway--he's got some great stuff to sell and I really like it; I wouldn't have put up with him for so long if some of his stuff wasn't quality.

But anyway, I'll leave it at that--I apologise if I sounded too ranty or whatever, but I must admit like I'm now made to defend myself or something, so I'd better shut up before I start getting *too* defensive. But do trust that I wouldn't randomly start complaining about someone if it was just some bad hunch or feeling or whatever--this guy did rip me off and then he was rude about it afterwards, and was huffy in several messages, that's all. Which is a shame. I do hope others won't have to have the same experience as I did.

Peace.

sparkel1 - Vintage item was authentic, and packaged very securely. Great item, great communication, great price. Very reasonable shipping to Canada too.

perfumehotdeals - Item packed well, easy purchase. Free shipping within Canada.
    Last edited by whitelace; 2nd March 2015 at 10:18 PM.

i have a very good experience buying from italian buyers to be sent to me in saudi arabia , i bought vintage rectangle bottle givenchy gentleman and vintage carolina herrera for men 100 ml , at a very good price each , came to me in a reasonable time with even many samples of nice and even niche collina perfumes , i recommend them as they sell mainly in a very good prices compared to all the others on internet , keep an eye on them regularly ,take a look and compare , at the end this is a sincere advice , thier websites are :
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/fiammuz/m.ht...1&_ipg=&_from= & http://www.ebay.it/sch/micifuf87/m.h...1&_ipg=&_from=

eugeniascoupons

any info on this seller ?

store_perfumery

Highly recommended - free DHL Express Shipping from Italy. Arrives in two days. (sent on Monday and arrives on Wednesday)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

sarafankit2009

They sell as if they're in the USA, but they are based out of India. If you call for customer assistance, you get forwarded to an office in India, which is usually an answering machine. I've spoken to people there twice, and their English is usually garnished with heavy accents. Email responses are slow. All of their "warehouses" are not theirs, instead acting as selling fronts for 3rd parties in the USA.

They are notorious for listing fragrances with OLD photos. I had a lousy situation with them last year (LINK), that took over a month to resolve. These mindless inconsiderate drones would tell you what you want to know, not what is reality. They never corrected the photos.

They're still up to their old tricks. They still use old photos for fragrances, in hopes of enticing people to buy thinking they're getting the older product. Their prices are a little lower than the competition, but certainly not worth it. Avoid, avoid, avoid...
    Some favorites: Pasha Incense Royale, Chopard (Oud Malaki, Noble Vetiver), Amouage (Epic Man, Tribute), Versace L'Homme (vintage), YSL (M7, Kouros (1st)), Gucci Envy, Gucci Nobile, Hermes (vintage: Bel Ami, Equipage), Chanel (vintage: Antaeus, Pour Monsieur (+CC), Egoiste (+CC)), Tiffany For Men, Estee Lauder Metropolis, Jean-Marc Sinan VO, Guerlain (Heritage, L'Homme Intense, LIDGE), Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense, Etro (Palais Jamais, Gomma, Vetiver, Shaal Nur), Davidoff Zino (1st), Acqua di Parma (Assoluta 2011, Essenza, Intensa Oud), Gianfranco Ferre For Man (1st), Elsha 1776, Balenciaga Ho Hang Club, Calvin Klein Obsession (vintage), Jovoy Private Label, Monsieur Carven, Diptyque (Hesperides, Tam Dao EDP), Byredo (Accord Oud, Baudelaire)
    Currently wearing: Epic Man by Amouage