Code of Conduct
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

I just wanted to do a buyer beware of twins_win28. Seller has tons of bottles listen. From what I can tell, a good chunk of them are legit and seem to arrive just fine. Purchased a large bottle of Jicky from them. Bottle arrived and it was in decent condition but the scent inside was totally not Jicky...was some carnation-ey aldehydic floral. Not saying this seller replaced the liquid themselves, but regardless, it was definitely not authentic. Requested a refund which was immediately refused and after I opened a case was accepted. All throughout, buyer kept saying fishy things. I sealed the bottle carefully and returned it very well packed (for I'm a seller myself). Seller declared the box returned soaked in perfume and the bottle broken. Sent some pictures of a wet box and a broken Jicky bottle. However, the pictures did not show the accurate label at all and, from the sliver of label I could see, it actually was different from the bottle I'd sent back (looked like the post 90's yellower label vs. the one from the 60's-80's). I called the post office that delivered it to inquire if the package was damaged, and they said the final scan of the package before it was dropped off showed it in great condition, no stains, etc. Ebay seller's story kept changing throughout the whole process, calling me a jerk, then blaming the post office when I'd said I actually talked to them and verified the package's condition. I'm still in limbo with this whole nightmare scenario! Definitely buyer beware here.
    Last edited by nmalakhow; 21st March 2018 at 02:52 AM.

That sounds terrible. They are really putting you through the mill. I hope that you get some resolution soon.
    I had a suspicious experience with them about 3 years ago. Won an auction for a fragrance and even though I live only 10 miles from where this person is, didn't receive it . They kept making excuses about why they couldn't ship. Over 2 weeks later, they said it was unavailable and gave me a refund. I always thought it was because they did not want to sell it at such a moderate price. It seemed fishy.
    “Let the beauty we love, be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.” -Rumi

Thanks for the warning. Yikes, that seller was uber devious and deceitful with you. Major shame on them!
    Click HERE for sales of: YSL KOUROS (vintage), CHANEL Antaeus A/S (vintage), Hermes Equipage, CHANEL Egoiste (vintage), Carven Vetiver, and many others!
    Currently wearing: Bel Ami by Hermès

As a follow up to that post about my debacle with the seller who had the Jicky bottle with non Jicky perfume in it...they have officially relisted the perfume bottle they had previously claimed to be "broken" in transit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Guerlain-JI...sAAOSwJ3RaxV-k. Stay away unless you want a nice Jicky bottle full of some random scent...

Sadly, I tried to leave negative feedback, and it seems it was removed without me being notified about it. I am very careful and judicious in negative feedback since I sell and I know eBay takes advantage of sellers...in fact this was the first negative I'd tried to leave!

How disappointing!
    Last edited by nmalakhow; 6th April 2018 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nmalakhow View Post
    As a follow up to that post about my debacle with the seller who had the Jicky bottle with non Jicky perfume in it...they have officially relisted the perfume bottle they had previously claimed to be "broken" in transit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Guerlain-JI...sAAOSwJ3RaxV-k. Stay away unless you want a nice Jicky bottle full of some random scent...

Sadly, I tried to leave negative feedback, and it seems it was removed without me being notified about it. I am very careful and judicious in negative feedback since I sell and I know eBay takes advantage of sellers...in fact this was the first negative I'd tried to leave!

How disappointing!
    Did you get the refund at least?

I did, thankfully! The saving grace, though I hope no one else takes the leap to buy that bottle that I can't warn anyone about with feedback!

I'm glad you got the refund. I didn't even realize eBay can remove negative feedback.

Received fake bottles of Kilian fragrances from nrth_star and maryiasky_O. Both refunded promptly and politely.

Interestingly, the same seller, whose name appears as Ekaterina Lee on Paypal, also sold me an authentic bottle of Kilian a week prior under Ebay seller name polimila90.

edit: this was a question and did not follow the rules in the OP (disregard)
    Last edited by DanDan; 18th April 2018 at 04:57 PM.

This will teach me to buy fragrance off ebay, even from re-sellers with 100% positive feedback, such as dj16alg who has many mainstream (1Million, etc) designer frags 'new in box with cellophane' for sale, but whose stock included 2 testers of the less mainstream Etro Dianthus.

I bought one yesterday. Service and contacts with seller have been great.
    Bottle arrived this morning.
    Batch code is not exactly as stated, and the scent is very weak, missing topnotes, and might be (might be) 2010, so kinda old. Maybe poorly stored. I've sent a message asking for a full refund etc. Let's see what happens.

I know what it ought to smell like, as I had a recent sample from Notino. Even my empty sample spray smells stronger than this stuff.
    Having bought other Etros before, batch codes are usually 'letterA+5-digits'. This was B+4 digits, and I thought that might have been to do with it being a tester. But batch code had been printed right at the edge of the box and lost the final digit, so it was a normal Etro batch code. The bottle shows it clearly

I had a quick reply, quibbling about the batch code issue, and then the offer of a full refund, which I have requested. Now he wants the bottle returned for a refund, after more quibbles about the batch code, and saying that 16 other bottles have been sold without complaint... has sent a photo of another box, where you can clearly see the batch code has 5 digits, though the final digit is blurred, but only quoting the first 4.

... and they now accept that the batch code is letter+5numbers.

Overall this has been positive contact with the seller, so that's good.

Off to the post office in a bit. Will take a photo as I send it.
    Fingers crossed this works out OK.
    Last edited by incense+heliotrope; 17th April 2018 at 10:08 AM. Reason: update
    June Rotation : Penhaligon's Juniper Sling; also Blenheim Bouquet, Bayolea - finishing 5ml bottles
    Etro Palais Jamais; Guerlain Vetiver; Guerlain Habit Rouge L'Eau; Ferrari Bright Neroli;
    Currently wearing: Dianthus by Etro

Did they give you a prepaid postage label? In the US, you can ask the clerk to scan it in front of you and give you a receipt as proof they received it at the PO.

The Post Office will print a label and scan it for me. (signed-for delivery).I am taking photos at every step of the way, including at the PO.
    The seller seems less professional in their set-up than, say, a regular internet sales outfit like Notino.
    Surely they must be aware that I will raise a dispute with ebay if this refund is not sorted out, and there is all the buyer-seller correspondence as evidence, plus the photos.

I'm assuming they are not Basenoters.
    A citrus floral without its topnotes is no use at all, especially when the scent concerned is linear (and should have good longevity).
    June Rotation : Penhaligon's Juniper Sling; also Blenheim Bouquet, Bayolea - finishing 5ml bottles
    Etro Palais Jamais; Guerlain Vetiver; Guerlain Habit Rouge L'Eau; Ferrari Bright Neroli;

Full refund (original cost + return postage) achieved, but not without what seems like a lot of prodding on my part.

I leave glowing feedback for all sellers who are honest, sincere, and make at least a reasonable effort toward good customer service. However, I could not recommend eBay seller perfumeguru in Ontario, Canada, because I feel his customer service is less than average.

Last year I purchased a quite expensive vintage from him. He provided a tracking number right away, but a week later, there was still no update to the tracking, so I contacted him (I think it is a he.). He claimed that he shipped out a lot of orders at once, and somehow he missed out my package but would send it out in the next day or two. Okay, I was not thrilled since I had already waited a full week with no updates, but I wrote it off to human error. We all make mistakes. None of us is perfect. The perfume finally arrived in another couple of weeks or so, and it seemed authentic, so I was not too fussed.

Some time later I purchased another perfume from him. This time he provided a tracking number immediately, but days passed, and it never updated. I contacted Canada Post. They told me they did not show that number in their system, and it should appear if the package had been posted a week earlier. I contacted the seller who assured me it was on its way and would arrive shortly. I asked him to check to be sure he provided the correct tracking number because neither I nor Canada Post could find it on-line. I asked him at least twice more to please check the tracking number was correct. He apparently could not be bothered to check.

A couple of weeks or so later, the package finally arrived. He had indeed given me an incorrect tracking number. I told him I no longer wanted the perfume. He said just give it back to the post office. I checked with both USPS and Canada Post. Both told me that the package would be tracked back to the shipper using the same tracking number, so I gave the package back to USPS who scanned it back into their system.

A week later, I still did not see an update to the next location. I contacted USPS and Canada Post again. Canada Post said a package trace could be initiated, but I could not do it. Seller had to do it. I immediately contacted seller and suggested he initiate a search for it with Canada Post. He refused. Never heard from him again until about six weeks later whence he claimed he never received the package back and opposed my refund. He never bothered to initiate a search with Canada Post because I spoke to Canada Post again. I do not think he filed an insurance claim either. I cannot be sure. I do know he tried to keep my money even though I clearly did not have the package. I think that is a poor way to handle one's business. It seems both lazy and sloppy to me. Consequently, I will not buy from him again, and I would not recommend him to anyone. This is not to say that others have not had good experiences with him, though.
    Last edited by Oriane; 12th May 2018 at 10:58 PM.
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

Gregory David Roberts

*Update on my saga with eBay seller perfumeguru.*

My bank reversed the charge on this perfume in February whence the package was sent back to the eBay seller perfumeguru. (He uses an email address rareperfumes@__. There is also an eBay seller with the user name rareperfumes, but I do not know if it is the same man or not.) Tracking shows the package was sent back on 26 February 18 and left my state on 27 February 18. Canada Post never did pick up the tracking. I never heard a word from this seller afterward. Finally, last week my bank contacted me to say that the seller claimed he never received the package and is contesting the refund.

I contacted Canada Post. They claim they could not be sure if he received it or not as it may have slipped through somehow. The bar code may not have been scanning. My post office had to key in the tracking number manually whence it was sent back because it was not scanning in. I asked that a trace be placed on the package. Canada Post told me I could not request a search for the package or file a claim on the insurance since I was not the shipper. I do not have the information to file an insurance claim even if I were allowed to do so. Only Mr. Jessa could do either of those things.

I contacted perfumeguru via eBay email. I reminded him that I emailed him snaps of the unopened package given back to the post office on 26 February 18, and that I did not have the perfume. He knows that the package was sent back in February. I told him he was the only one who could initiate a search request and file a claim if the package were not found. I asked him to please not contest my refund, to please refund my money.

He replied that he knew I did not have the perfume, and he tried to send me a refund, but he was unable to access the auction because it was too old. He said he asked PayPal to refund me, but they were not doing so. Why would PayPal refuse to release the funds if he told them he wanted to send back the money?

He then said perhaps the easiest thing to do would be to send the money to my PayPal account and asked me for the email address. I do not have PayPal, but I have access to a dear friend's PayPal account, so I asked him to send it there. I provided the email address to him several times in several different emails over several days. He claimed he could not decipher the email address. Believe me, there is nothing odd or unusual about the email address. The first part of the address is my friend's name, and the second part of the email address following the @ symbol is aol.com. Thus, it might look something like johndoe@aol.com What is so indecipherable about that? There was no further reply from Mr. Jessa, and I still have not received the refund.

Yesterday, I logged into the PayPal account and sent a request for the money to his email address, rareperfumes@____. I also messaged him via eBay to confirm I had sent a request for the money via the PayPal email address I had given to him several times already. It has now been well over 24 hours, and he has not replied. Today, I sent him a reminder via PayPal and a reminder via eBay's message system that he has received a PayPal request for money. There is still no reply.

At this point, it is pretty difficult for me to conclude anything other except that the seller, perfumeguru in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada has no intention of refunding my money. The PayPal email address is perfectly understandable to everyone else. If he truly could not decipher the address, then what is the excuse now that I have sent him a formal request for the money via the PayPal address he allegedly could not decipher?

I have spoken to PayPal at least three different times about this. They will not comment on whether or not the seller instructed them to send back the money. They claim they know I do not have the perfume, yet, they are not cooperating with my bank to refund the money. They claim they are waiting for something from my bank? I belled my bank at least five different times so far on this, and my bank claims there is absolutely nothing more that they can send to PayPal. The bank claims it has sent everything to PayPal that is supposed to be sent, but PayPal and the seller are blocking the refund. They said "PayPal is giving you the run around." Certainly sounds like it. I do not know what more I can do at this point to get my money refunded.

Given this very unfortunate experience with perfumeguru, I could not recommend anyone to purchase from him. I had a slight problem with him with him with the first order I placed with him, and now I am sorry I ever dared to give him a second chance. To put it bluntly, the man is a liar, a scoundrel, and a cheat. If I ever receive my refund, I will update this post. Caveat Emptor!
    Fate gives all of us three teachers, three friends, three enemies, and three great loves in our lives. But these twelve are always disguised, and we never know which one is which until we've loved them, left them, or fought them.

Gregory David Roberts

^Ugh, that’s infuriating. Not just about the seller, but PayPal as well. You’re getting the runaround.

My recent annoyance (luckily that’s all it was):

I found a stunningly good price on a backup of my discontinued namesake, YSL Live Jazz. Paid the seller. They tried to mail it this morning, then sent me a note that the post office wouldn’t ship it because s/he told them it was fragile. They refunded me immediately, which was nice. I gently mentioned that I’ve shipped many perfumes, and they really aren’t that fragile if you package well, if they wanted to go ahead with the the sale. The seller replied that they’d also told the PO that it’s perfume, and learned it’s against the rules, and didn’t want to ship.

Now, I’m not that upset and won’t share the seller’s name. They were acting in good faith and clearly didn’t have any experience shipping perfume. And if someone is uncomfortable breaking the USPS rules, I get it. But it was frustrating, and I wish the seller had done some minimal shipping research before posting a fragrance for sale.

I guess the moral is watch out for newbs.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 13th May 2018 at 01:12 AM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

^^^ Oh, I am so sorry! I know how frustrating it is to have something like that happen. I had something similar happen to me a few months back.

I purchased a $$$ vintage from an eBay seller who wanted to ship via ground because USPS prohibits shipping perfume any other way. Now, get this. I replied, yes, I know that is the rule, and it really is frustrating to perfume buyers and sellers because insofar as I am aware, perfume has never been linked to any problems with an aircraft. For years, it was shipped via air, and no one batted an eyelash. This new "rule" only came about after 911, and I think it is pretty silly. It is much faster to ship Priority Mail, and there is less chance of damage to a package the less time it is in the mail stream. It takes so much longer via ground, and there is a greater risk of damage in transit.

Well, seller immediately cancelled the purchase! Told PayPal I requested cancellation. I was stunned! This was not the first time a seller had cancelled a purchase unilaterally and lied to PayPal about it. Naturally, I was upset, but there was nothing I could do. Personally, I think seller cancelled because s/he had seller's remorse over the sales price. I think s/he wanted more for it, and decided to latch onto my remarks as an excuse for cancelling the purchase. Never will buy from that seller again either.

Gregory David Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by Oriane View Post
    ^^^ Oh, I am so sorry! I know how frustrating it is to have something like that happen. I had something similar happen to me a few months back.

I purchased a $$$ vintage from an eBay seller who wanted to ship via ground because USPS prohibits shipping perfume any other way. Now, get this. I replied, yes, I know that is the rule, and it really is frustrating to perfume buyers and sellers because insofar as I am aware, perfume has never been linked to any problems with an aircraft. For years, it was shipped via air, and no one batted an eyelash. This new "rule" only came about after 911, and I think it is pretty silly. It is much faster to ship Priority Mail, and there is less chance of damage to a package the less time it is in the mail stream. It takes so much longer via ground, and there is a greater risk of damage in transit.

Well, seller immediately cancelled the purchase! Told PayPal I requested cancellation. I was stunned! This was not the first time a seller had cancelled a purchase unilaterally and lied to PayPal about it. Naturally, I was upset, but there was nothing I could do. Personally, I think seller cancelled because s/he had seller's remorse over the sales price. I think s/he wanted more for it, and decided to latch onto my remarks as an excuse for cancelling the purchase. Never will buy from that seller again either.
    Well that sucks. I actually didn’t know that only air shipping was forbidden. Makes the seller’s story in my scenario a little fishy. Wouldn’t the PO worker have just suggested ground? I do think they were sincere though.

I’ve always just lied and gone Priority, heh.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Yes, the post office require ground shipping. They do not prohibit posting perfume via ground just via air.

If I post perfume, I always ship priority, too.

Gregory David Roberts

Always be smelling

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Well that sucks. I actually didn’t know that only air shipping was forbidden. Makes the seller’s story in my scenario a little fishy. Wouldn’t the PO worker have just suggested ground? I do think they were sincere though.

I’ve always just lied and gone Priority, heh.
    PO workers don't know much about this. Some have refused to ship it at all and I had to argue with them to convince them that rules allow ground shipping.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Phoenix by Keith Urban

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Had to wait 3 months for my Euro-only Avon. Almost didn't get it.
    Last time I'm ordering anything from Russia, I don't care what the price is.
    I've found a new Polish supplier for them now, just not on eBay.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Nautica Blue by Nautica

***Update to my saga with eBay seller perfumeguru***

Seller contacted me this morning via email. He cannot deny he received a PayPal request for the money he owes me. However, he has a brand new excuse as to why he cannot pay me. He now claims he will be charged more fees from PayPal in order to refund me. He is also claiming he should not refund the shipping even though I had cancelled the order and he shipped it afterward. Therefore, even though he has the PayPal email address now and a request through PayPal for the money, he is STILL not going to refund it. He has instructed me to send yet ANOTHER PayPal request for roughly $40 less than I paid for the perfume!

Mr. Jessa, i.e. perfumeguru, knows he is the only one who can request Canada Post conduct a trace on his package, but he has not done so. If he did so and if they did not locate the package, he is the only one who can file a claim on the insurance, which of course would include any postage charged, yet he thus far has not done so. He is 100% covered on all bases for this package which he knows with absolute certainty I do not have in possession, yet he has not acted to have the package located and file a claim on the insurance---Canada Post will discuss an insurance claim with me because I am not the shipper---and, he is STILL finding excuses as to why he cannot refund my money.

I placed the order in January, 2018 and cancelled days later whence he did not ship and could not provide a legitimate tracking number. The package eventually arrived with a different tracking number, and I refused it on 26 February 18. It left my state on 27 February 18. This is mid May, 2018. He has dragged this on for FIVE MONTHS so far. Caveat Emptor!

Gregory David Roberts

Further Update:

Just received notification from PayPal that perfumeguru has cancelled my request for payment via PayPal. After 5 long months, he is still finding reasons not to refund my money. This is not only unprofessional, it is completely dishonest as well. First he could not send a refund because he could not decipher the email address. Now, he can no longer say he cannot decipher the email address, yet he STILL has not sent back a penny.

Gregory David Roberts