Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Crazy creed deals on ebay!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    I really do have to wonder if these are legit?
    Well, the 1oz bottles might be. I don't think it would be very profitable to fake such small sizes. More likely, it's old stock.

He has 100% feedback rating, and based on his selling history it seems like he just got a bunch of creeds from say a Neiman Marcus liquidation or something, and he didn't know what they were worth. If you see on his history, someone purchased an MI from him and gave him a good rating.

Hmmmm. Should I?

Blog Entries

Hell I just might myself!

There's a tremendous surplus of Creed products out there and he probably just wants to move the things fast.

They exist, but the concern over fake Creeds is way overblown and they're actually imitated far less than many other designer brands.

I got one of his bottles. He's charging what others charge for a small decant, with free shipping, and I can always ruin his 100% positive feedback rating and avail myself of ebay buyer protection if it's fake.
    Last edited by Cerel9; 9th July 2011 at 04:14 AM.

Blog Entries

^^ which one? I'm gunna try to one of the GITs, I've been drooling over it for a week now. my paypal is JUST short (literally cents) from being able to buy it now

I'm thinking it's either fake or REALLY old dead stock. I'd stay away.

I just looked a bit deeper into his profile, he sells dead stock of just about everything from shoes, to DVDs, to cuff links, etc. Probably legit, but I'd still deal with caution.

very risky i would say... just make sure you'll get your money back if something goes wrong.

Those atomizers are tempting. Thanks for the info

Risky but as long as you are covered if proven to be not what you expect - then why not?

Default Re: Anyone ordered from ebay seller vintageperfume2010?

Thank you!

Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Yves...#ht_500wt_1180

hi i was wondering whether this is legitimate?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

I googled images for Rive Gauche spray and the container looks the same.

The seller has no negatives in 34 pages of seller feedback. That says something about the seller.

Default Just got a bottle of vintage Aramis from Ebay. it's so good

So I tried Aramis at bloomingdales and whoof that's strong and pretty intolerable. Nose burning, somewhat synthetic and pretty offensive.

But I just got a bottle of aged Aramis from Ebay. As you can see in the picture, the juice has turned very dark brown and opaque over time. This one smells much better though. It's lighter, smoother, less pungent, more natural and it has more depth. It still has that Aramis character and smell, but in a much classier and more tolerable way.

Highly recommended.

P.S. I see why Aramis is so highly praised. It's masculine, but unique. It's not really leather (although there is leather in it). Not really woody either (although there's wood in it). It's like L'eau D'Issey in the sense that you can't reduce to any one or two notes because it's its own unique smell.
    Last edited by Cerel9; 19th October 2011 at 08:16 PM.

Default Re: Just got a bottle of vintage Aramis from Ebay. it's so good

Interesting, as I cannot tolerate the current version.

Wow, that does look dark. I have a current EdT which I find very smooth and refined. Still potent.

Do you know how old your bottle is?

Interesting. It might be lighter because it's an EDC (if the word "cologne" on the bottle represents the actual concentration). The current version is an EDT.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by vhild View Post
    Interesting, as I cannot tolerate the current version.
    Same here.

Aramis smells fabulous in it's current formulation, IMO. Have worn it intermitantly since 1967 (got it even before its' faux tortoise shell packaging!).

My favourite of the Aramis range is JHL.

The current Aramis is very strong, but dries down nicely - although I do seem to remember the Aramis of days gone by having more of a rose to it somewhere in there.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

That looks pretty dark, I love Aramis and the current formulation.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Interesting. It might be lighter because it's an EDC (if the word "cologne" on the bottle represents the actual concentration). The current version is an EDT.
    +1 ...

I'm not sure how old it is, but it must be pretty old to have changed color so drastically.

Basenotes Institution

Where is the picture, I don't see the brown juice??
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Great buy, the epitome of class

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Where is the picture, I don't see the brown juice??
    Same.... where art thou picture?

photo's, photo's, photo's, please!

Default More intresting Ebay finds

45 ounce bottle of Rochas Moustache.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIGANTIC-45-...item519bcbd8e4

What is this? Is this good? (Carrington Cologne)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Vintage...item4cf16f6fc4

Fourty dollars PER MILLILITER for something I have never heard of, that seems to come in a cheap laboratory bottle and plastic decant container.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BPAL-BLACK-P...007ab9&afsrc=1

(These links were, obviously, not posted to get bids for these bizarre and expensive items.)

Default Re: More intresting Ebay finds

lol rochas moustache.

I lold for that gigantic bottle.

Is there a thread or something with pics of some weird gigantic bottles like that one?

The last one is an oil from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, it was a super-limited run of that oil that was only available at an event with Neil Gaiman, which you had to pay to go to, I forget how much but a few hundred dollars I think. The oil came with that sample of Dark Chocolate, making that super limited also, and to get both of them together is really rare.

BPAL has quite a few ardent fans who will pay extravagant amounts to get some of the super-limited oils, up to hundreds of dollars for some of them. A few years ago there was a prototype of Ded Moroz, a Yule-themed blend, that went up over eight hundred dollars on ebay, for a 5ml bottle. And that was a prototype.

Couple years back, I grabbed a 100ml Moustache that looked just like the picture... it'd turned color me jaded, but I would not go after that behemoth.

And, not to derail the thread or anthing but what is up with BPal? Talk about a shop that cranks out the volume. They don't seem to be taken seriously around here, at all. Anyone a fan, any of their offerings worth noting? edit -^thx -

That giant Rochas bottle is pretty rad. Someone should buy it, dump the whole bottle over their head, and then go out in public.

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    That giant Rochas bottle is pretty rad. Someone should buy it, dump the whole bottle over their head, and then go out in public.
    LOL. I didn't dare go out in public wearing the 2ml sample I got from TPC

Thanks for sharing. Never ventured to buy from Ebay so far, as long as authentic, this must be a good chance to stock up scents for lasting reserves

Default Great Ebay deals on bottles and sample (lately I'm addicted to the site)

If you search Ebay you can find some awesome stuff. All from reputable sellers.

The big 4.1oz big bottle of Mugler Cologne for only $39.99 including shipping and tax. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mugler-Colog...76117687581933

9ml Heeley Menthe Fraiche sample for $20 and a bunch of other niche decants from this seller. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heeley-Menth...item2c5fa88da9

Tons of BPAL samples cheap from this seller for about $15 each. http://www.ebay.com/itm/330640377660

3.4oz bottle of Gier Ness for $25 http://www.ebay.com/itm/250927273544

8ml Musc Ravageur for $25
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Musc-Ravageu...5?pt=fragrance

A mislabelled Angel Men that will go real cheap because others won't find it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/170723878760?ss

We should make a forum where people who monitor Ebay can alert others of good deals. But only really good deals.
    Last edited by Cerel9; 14th November 2011 at 10:50 PM.

Default Re: Great Ebay deals on bottles and sample (lately I'm addicted to the site)

Wow great discovery. How did you find such a cool site?
    Sarcastic much?

Default Re: Great Ebay deals on bottles and sample (lately I'm addicted to the site)

By Kilian samples have been going for cheap from some sellers, like under $1/mL. Got a bunch of A Taste of Heaven and Prelude to Love samples, and a few samples of a couple other frags.

I'm just saying that people put Ebay down but it's a decent site, especially with buyer protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    By Kilian samples have been going for cheap from some sellers, like under $1/mL. Got a bunch of A Taste of Heaven and Prelude to Love samples, and a few samples of a couple other frags.
    link?!

Edit: This isn't $1 per ML but it's still a really good deal. 1.6ml samples of the entire Kilian line for $40.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/9-Nine-COLLE...item415ee336cd

Quote Originally Posted by Cerel9 View Post
    link?!

Edit: This isn't $1 per ML but it's still a really good deal. 1.6ml samples of the entire Kilian line for $40.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/9-Nine-COLLE...item415ee336cd
    Just looked and the seller doesn't have more for sale right now. But I've seen some other deals on lots of 5-10 samples recently... worth keeping an eye on the ebay auctions for Kilian frags for sure.

It's not a great deal if it's not a buy-it-now auction, because you don't know how high the bidding will go. Some sellers put things up at .99 cents, but then it always goes higher, as you might expect. I like the idea of a great deal forum, which would include sites other than ebay, but that might be a conflict with the advertising on this site.

Then there is this deal...if you dare! LOL. Just read it and don't let the price scare you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unexplained-...item45fe71cb9e
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Then there is this deal...if you dare! LOL. Just read it and don't let the price scare you.

haha ridiculous and hilarious
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Even if we believe that he needs to sell it for paranormal reasons, why does he need $20,000 for it?

Sorry to polute the topic, but I ll be short and it s precisely in this topic that I can find some help I think.

Whenever I search for frags on Ebay, as soon as I click one of the fragrance ad (which I can see well before actually clicking the link for the ad itself) I ve got the following message :

Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

I think these are the typical european restrictions, but here is the thing, I am accessing the website from the US, and have a registered account having a US address (Miami).

If anyone knows why I cannot access the fragrances and have the "european" restrictions on accessing any fragrance bid, I would truly appreciate it.
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du dsert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V

That's pretty odd. Try changing all of your addresses to American ones, your ship to address, billing address, everything.

Every now and then the "gem" of a fragrance pops up on Ebay when you least expect it. One however needs to pounce on it to get it.

lol

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Quote Originally Posted by Cerel9 View Post
    I'm just saying that people put Ebay down but it's a decent site, especially with buyer protection.
    it's also a breeding ground for scammers and fakes

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    agree ...

I think eBay, for the most part, is a good place for samples. I usually go there first, and if they don't have what I'm looking for, would go to The Perfumed Court.

This one time though, I was a bit annoyed when I thought I got a good deal on Terre d'Hermes edp samples, but turned out to be the edt version. The listing specifically said "parfum" too. It still ended up being a decent deal, but I wasn't as happy.

Regarding full bottles, I would never purchase them from eBay, no matter how good the seller's rating is.

I grabbed the BPAL. Thanks
    Pleas feel free to check out my Youtube channel for frag reviews and let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/user/danforz

I say ***k the Ebay. Why should I bother if online shops here usually sell for same prices, or even less?
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    I say ***k the Ebay. Why should I bother if online shops here usually sell for same prices, or even less?
    Because they're not.
    Pleas feel free to check out my Youtube channel for frag reviews and let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/user/danforz

I've found some good deals on Ebay by doing a search of cologne and then filtering by date added (newest), buy it now, and used. Some sellers will basically give their product away if it's not considered new. Some examples of what I got were Egoiste Platinum for $15 shipped, Joop Nightflight that someone had sprayed once for $12, and a load of other stuff that was probably 80% off or more of retail.

There are some great bargains found there, sometimes, you just have to be careful. If its a great bargain its a great bargain, but sometimes you dont know what the fragrance went through. Such as if it was handled/stored inproperly. Not to mention fakes that are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    This risk is overstated in my opinion. With feedback and buyer protection you can avoid getting scammed.

Here is a cut and paste of the Aqua Velva ad for those who can't access Ebay:

Unexplained haunted phenomenon, Ice Blue Aqua Velva, 25yrs old
    Mysterious cologne keeps appearing, paranormal examined

[Picture of a cheap old bottle of blue Aqua Velva]

Starting bid: US $12,400.00
    Buy it now Price: US $18,000.00
    Shipping: FREE Standard Shipping

Ok so this is a 25 ur old bottle of 4oz. Ice Blue Aqua Velva cooling after shave. Stinks right? That's what I thought too when I was 10 and got it for Christmas. That's not the mysterious part. I have got to get rid of this bottle once and for all. I threw this bottle away way back in 1991 when I was in high school. Since then I have tossed it about 8 or 9 more times. Somehow mysteriously it reappears when I move and unpack, or just shows up in a drawer someplace. For years I thought I was losing my mind. So, earlier this year I flew to Atlanta to visit my sister and I took the bottle with me. I once again threw this bottle away in a business dumpster. Ill be darned if I didn't find this forsaken bottle on back of my dresser under my Bears hat. This is no joke people. I don't know if it is bad luck or good luck. I use to share it in jr high when I kept it in my gym locker. One friend who used it sometimes has since died. Don't know if that has anything to do with it but a friend guessed that may be it. I dont know. All I know is its freaking my wife out and creaping me out as well. Its not scary, just freaky. She has tossed it a few times for me too so I could prove to her I'm not going crazy. The bottle has a manufacture stamp on bottom of 0135. That how I know it is the same bottle. I thought that some scientific or paranormal activity researcher out there may be interested in this long living old Cologne. If I dont sell it I plan to destroy the bottle and hope it stays gone for good. In talking with a woman, who is a paranormal investigator, she suggested I list it on here for scientific purposes for studies or just to collect. So here I am. After this last trashing in Georgia I know something weird is going on. Again, in no way shape or form am I saying for sure that it is haunted, has a ghost or anything paranormal. I don't know for sure and dont know much about that stuff. I have just speculated from my experience with it and had the paranormal give her advice. All I know for sure is that it won't go away. My dog is even afraid to go near my dresser where the bottle sits. To some this may be scary but I know to some it may be interesting. Please bid!

I will accept Paypal or cash. An immediate deposit of $500 is required through ebay. I understand the rest may take a day or two. Buyer will have 3 days from bid ending to complete the rest of payment either in cash or paypal. For obvious reasons there will be no returns on this Cologne. I priced this how I did because I really want a serious buyer who will take it for the serious nature that I am dealing with. It is my hope that some professional or collector may determine an answer as to why I have encountered such an ordeal with this simple 25 year old bottle. I will ship no longer than one day after payment in full. Please serious inquiries only. Email with questions. (I am willing to ship almost anywhere to be rid of this once and for all)

On Nov-09-11 at 00:45:01 PST, seller added the following information:

I have had some concerns about the bottle ending back up in my possession. I assure you I had the same wonder. Before i ever thought of listing I spoke to a professional paranormal investigator who led me to ebay to sell. She said that making a formal sale of the bottle would exchange or "release" the bottle to the person I make the formal exchange with. That it will break my connection entirely. It was her suggestion that I list it here for sale as there are buyers out there who are interested in studying the behavior of particular items that have had the same effect that my cologne has. I hope that answers any questions. If for any reason I came across the bottle again, I would contact buyer immediately for a full refund. Hopefully this will ease any skepticism about bidding. All I have heard and read confirms her theory about the cologne being gone from me once and for all after sale. Basically I am giving it permission to leave I suppose. Thank you.

Posted with the eBay Android app

[HE TYPED ALL THAT ON HIS CELL PHONE!]