Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 288
  1. #121
    Dependent

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,226

    Default Re: Buying on eBay - Spotting a Creed Fake

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoos View Post
    If you do a search of the forums for "spotting" or "fake", you'll find an excellent article posted by one of the members on how to spot a Creed fake with photos and great advice. Some of which may only be possible once the bottle is in your hands.

    Best rule of thumb: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

    i read that post about fakes. i try to sift out all the creed threads and absolutely love reading ppl's take on creed. I searched "creed fake" and the thread was one of the top ones. im glad i actually did all this reading up, cant imagine getting conned, coz ive not owned a bottle myself, and it would be quite devastating to find out, if i ever do, that my first was a fake.

  2. #122

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    I ordered a giftbox set of Un Jardin en Méditerranée from http://stores.ebay.com/Perfume-To-Go AKA allshewants.

    the box arrived with the seal broken and the juice was *obviously* cut with a lot of alcohol. I compared it to a tester I had from Sephora, and it was so painfully obvious.

    I filed a complaint w/ PayPal. Hopefully I'll get my $69 back. I was surprised because people seem to have positive things to say about this seller.

  3. #123

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    Thanks for the post. That seller has lots of listings and I have been tempted on a couple. Now I'll pass.

  4. #124

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    I brought two Chanel PM samples from perfumestationus and had a good buying experience.

  5. #125

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    Anybody ever deal with france-moon on Ebay?

    I bought a bottle of Armani Code for women from him/her, and while the scent is lovely and was wrapped rather tightly in cellophane, the top is loose and seems too boxy and cheap to be Armani, and the shape of the bottle, while long and slim like the original, has a different shape.

    Anyone else notice these types of things from france-moon?

  6. #126

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    I bought tree bottles from Finestfragrances, everything went ok and they were all genuine

  7. #127

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    I suggest you avoid eBay seller musclecarspegsells

    Late last November I won an auction for a Chanel parfum set with two nearly full bottles and one that was still sealed. I knew I was taking a risk because Chanels are so often faked on eBay but the seller had 2,000+ positive feedbacks so I risked the purchase. Later I looked more carefully at her feedback and saw she received a nice positive remark from a seller named Lady_Drake. Lady_Drake sold musclecarspegsells the exact same set, (same wrapping paper, same bonus of scent strips, same marks on the box, etc.) excect two of the bottles weren't nearly as full. When they arrived, I sniffed from the two open bottles (one was still sealed) and gagged. I contacted Peg and told her it didn't smell right, sent it back at my expense, and was reimbursed for the cost of the item without the shipping fee. I left no feedback at all since I got back most of my monney. Now I wish I had.

    I pretty much forgot about it until today when I read a post on MUA from someone who experienced almost exactly the same thing recently. After contacting her, it turned out to be another incident with musclecarspegsells. She'd purchased a Chanel parfum set from her too, then later discovered Peg bought the set previously and it contained one empty bottle and two full bottles when she bought it. The MUAer was supposed to receive three full bottles somehow and when it arrived, the bottle that was once empty had leaked because the stopper didn't fit properly. Heaven only knows what it had been refilled with before it leaked.

    The MUAer and I both bought Chanel parfum sets from Peg but they were for different scents so it would seem this is becoming a habit.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 14th May 2009 at 12:09 AM.

  8. #128

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    Yes, musclecarspegsells also sells fake Creeds (huge surprise there). I almost bought MI from her twice but just knew something wasn't right. Sure enough, they are fake. It has been preached on here several times....DO NOT BUY CREED ON EBAY!!!

    There are some exceptions, as I have had good experiences with some honest sellers. But I have bought 3 fake Creeds on there before I finally decided to stay away. Two of them refunded my money with no hassles. The other one (Magneto78) had better hope I don't ever take a trip up to Springfield, Mass. I will get my $70 one way or the other. I find it low to sell anything fake but this guy took the cake. He stalled and stalled. He told me that due to Creed's natual and fresh ingredients, each bottle smells a little different. It wasn't until I saw Echo777's brilliant post on here about fake Creeds that I realized it was for sure fake. I emailed him several times until he finally agreed to refund my money after I returned it to him at my expense. I returned it and never heard from him again, and of course he didn't refund my money. Ebay didn't do anything. Unfortunately, I wasted 2 weeks with ebay while my deadline with Paypal expired. A $70 lesson well learned.
    Last edited by brrrry; 15th May 2009 at 01:56 AM. Reason: mispelled word

  9. #129

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    Quote Originally Posted by brrrry View Post
    Yes, musclecarspegsells also sells fake Creeds (huge surprise there). I almost bought MI from her twice but just knew something wasn't right. Sure enough, they are fake. It has been preached on here several times....DO NOT BUY CREED ON EBAY!!!

    There are some exceptions, as I have had good experiences with some honest sellers. But I have bought 3 fake Creeds on there before I finally decided to stay away. Two of them refunded my money with no hassles. The other one (Magneto78) had better hope I don't ever take a trip up to Springfield, Mass. I will get my $70 one way or the other. I find it low to sell anything fake but this guy took the cake. He stalled and stalled. He told me that due to Creed's natual and fresh ingredients, each bottle smells a little different. It wasn't until I saw Echo777's brilliant post on here about fake Creeds that I realized it was for sure fake. I emailed him several times until he finally agreed to refund my money after I returned it to him at my expense. I returned it and never heard from him again, and of course he didn't refund my money. Ebay didn't do anything. Unfortunately, I wasted 2 weeks with ebay while my deadline with Paypal expired. A $70 lesson well learned.
    Did you fund your paypal with a CC? You should talk to your CC company for a refund and let your CC company get the money back from Paypal. If you were in UK I'll suggest that you take Paypal to the Small Claims Court.

  10. #130

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    I suggest you avoid eBay seller musclecarspegsells

    Late last November I won an auction for a Chanel parfum set with two nearly full bottles and one that was still sealed. I knew I was taking a risk because Chanels are so often faked on eBay but the seller had 2,000+ positive feedbacks so I risked the purchase. Later I looked more carefully at her feedback and saw she received a nice positive remark from a seller named Lady_Drake. Lady_Drake sold musclecarspegsells the exact same set, (same wrapping paper, same bonus of scent strips, same marks on the box, etc.) excect two of the bottles weren't nearly as full. When they arrived, I sniffed from the two open bottles (one was still sealed) and gagged. I contacted Peg and told her it didn't smell right, sent it back at my expense, and was reimbursed for the cost of the item without the shipping fee. I left no feedback at all since I got back most of my monney. Now I wish I had.

    I pretty much forgot about it until today when I read a post on MUA from someone who experienced almost exactly the same thing recently. After contacting her, it turned out to be another incident with musclecarspegsells. She'd purchased a Chanel parfum set from her too, then later discovered Peg bought the set previously and it contained one empty bottle and two full bottles when she bought it. The MUAer was supposed to receive three full bottles somehow and when it arrived, the bottle that was once empty had leaked because the stopper didn't fit properly. Heaven only knows what it had been refilled with before it leaked.

    The MUAer and I both bought Chanel parfum sets from Peg but they were for different scents so it would seem this is becoming a habit.
    I'd been wondering for a long time (for the past six months) why izar* seems to have an unlimited supply of hard to find / in great demand vintage perfumes for sell. Now I understand. Thanks for ringing the alarm bell.

  11. #131

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    Not sure whether I should bump this old thread or make a new one, but I'm wondering whether anyone can comment on the legitimacy of the following sellers:

    secondskin2
    strawberrynet_online
    big-alex69
    buenoygeneroso

  12. #132

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    Quote Originally Posted by sburton84 View Post
    Not sure whether I should bump this old thread or make a new one, but I'm wondering whether anyone can comment on the legitimacy of the following sellers:

    secondskin2
    strawberrynet_online
    big-alex69
    buenoygeneroso
    I only have bought from StrawberryNet. Their pricing is though a bit higher, but it comes with free shipping and the box is always sealed.

  13. #133
    DocmanCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    1,285

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    strawberrynet_online is the ebay front for the legitimate online retailer StrawberryNet.com. I've not purchased from them before but they are well liked here, though admittedly not the cheapest place.

  14. #134
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,463

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    Has anyone bought from perfumedepot.123 ?
    The store sells a lot of Guerlain parfum extrait and he/she is a power seller with good feedback - I am just wondering. I'm tempted because the prices look good but I'm wary of ebay . I have heard so many horror stories..............
    I want to check here before I try anything on ebay .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  15. #135
    Mudassir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,611
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Has anyone bought from perfumedepot.123 ?
    The store sells a lot of Guerlain parfum extrait and he/she is a power seller with good feedback - I am just wondering. I'm tempted because the prices look good but I'm wary of ebay . I have heard so many horror stories..............
    I want to check here before I try anything on ebay .

    Buy with confidence. perfumedepot.123 is legit. I have bought several times without any issues.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

    Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

  16. #136
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,463

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    Thanks for that- he did seems legit- answered my questions right away.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  17. #137

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    Anybody ever deal with france-moon on Ebay?

    I bought a bottle of Armani Code for women from him/her, and while the scent is lovely and was wrapped rather tightly in cellophane, the top is loose and seems too boxy and cheap to be Armani, and the shape of the bottle, while long and slim like the original, has a different shape.

    Anyone else notice these types of things from france-moon?
    I just got a bottle of EXTREMELY FAKE Chanel No 5 from this seller. I put a bid in on a whim (less than $30 US) without checking her out first....all she sells are top counterfeits....(HEAD SMACK)

    The packaging is pretty good for a counterfeit, except that the cap is plastic, not glass. The juice smells like Dial soap, not like Chanel.

    The seller claims absolute easy refunds, which is probably how she keeps her ratings high. Lesson learned, here.


    PS: As soon as I contacted france-moon, she refunded me and claimed that she had another complaint about Chanel and that she "clearly got swindled by a new supplier." She refunded immediately and still hasn't sent an address for me to return the item to. Fast contact and shipping and very polite, just obviously fake juice. (Although, I must say, very well packaged and probably fools most people) Not for sensitive noses like Basenoters, but I bet most of her customers are quite pleased. Those who own the copyrights? Less so.
    Last edited by YouCanCallMeMo; 26th June 2009 at 08:49 PM. Reason: new info

  18. #138

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    Buy with confidence. perfumedepot.123 is legit. I have bought several times without any issues.
    And the communication is quick and easy, too.
    It's lovely to deal with them, again and again.

  19. #139
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,463

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    I bought Opium EDT from ahshanI85 . Stay away - it's fake - he's got good feedback I think because noone checks the juice before leaving feedback.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 19th August 2009 at 10:00 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  20. #140

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    Anyone deal with perfumein2u? They seem legit with almost 19,000 sales and 99.2% positive feedback. It'd just be nice to hear if anyone on here has ever had a buying experience with them.

    After checking Toolhaus I read something about recieving fakes.. but 4 of the reviews are from the same person.. and they claim to be "an expert in perfumes"

  21. #141

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    Most of the huge traffickers in fakes DO have excellent feedback...they send the stuff out fast and cheap and, in my experience (data point of 1) give fast refunds to those who complain about the counterfeits...(see my post a few above for further details)

    I am suspicious of anyone who appears to "power sell" a massive amount of inventory of popular designer frags...
    Last edited by YouCanCallMeMo; 30th August 2009 at 07:10 PM.
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!


    *~~________________________________________~~*

  22. #142
    Surfacing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    A Day Dream
    Posts
    4,492

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    Anyone deal with perfumein2u? They seem legit with almost 19,000 sales and 99.2% positive feedback. It'd just be nice to hear if anyone on here has ever had a buying experience with them.

    After checking Toolhaus I read something about recieving fakes.. but 4 of the reviews are from the same person.. and they claim to be "an expert in perfumes"
    I would consider using a different eBay store than perfumein2u, from just my experience.

    There were some issues with the juice smelling off and also another bottle that was VERY off ( somewhat spoiled). A third bottle was downright spoiled
    Last edited by Surfacing; 30th August 2009 at 10:04 PM. Reason: add info

  23. #143

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    I would consider using a different eBay store than perfumein2u, from just my experience.

    There were some issues with the juice smelling off and also another bottle that was VERY off ( somewhat spoiled). A third bottle was downright spoiled
    Thanks I figured they were too good to be true

  24. #144
    Surfacing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    A Day Dream
    Posts
    4,492

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    No problem. But to just to clarify, I have bought a couple of bottles in the past that were fine, but still... I don't like the "hit or miss" aspect of getting spoiled fragrance. Its just such a worry and concern. I also had to cover the return shipping ( and the initial shipping charges) of the bad fragrances I bought.

  25. #145

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    eBay seller oxymel66 sells counterfeit Chanel No. 19. The box and bottle look completely authentic, but the juice is fake. It isn't even the right color for No. 19, it's a weird peach rose color.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Splits: Mazzolari, O'driu, Vetiver Royal Bourbon, Trumper Eucris.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

  26. #146
    AromiErotici
    Guest

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    I guess I'm fortunate so far. I don't use a wide variety of sellers....only a few that have sold me good to go juice in the past.

    lemanlot, bhperfume and vintageperfume to name 3 that have always sent me quality items.

  27. #147

  28. #148

    Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

    Quote Originally Posted by sburton84 View Post
    Not sure whether I should bump this old thread or make a new one, but I'm wondering whether anyone can comment on the legitimacy of the following sellers:

    secondskin2
    strawberrynet_online
    big-alex69
    buenoygeneroso

    Anyone have any feedback for this guy? He has sold some Nasomattos recently, I am thinking about getting some Nasomattos, SL, and Frapin if he is known to have good frags. Anyone know?

  29. #149

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    17

    Default Trusted eBay Sellers

    I was currently looking online for Creed's Bois du Portugal. I saw an ebay seller perfumewiz has a couple of bottles for sale. Has anyone had any experience with this seller? I have already search these forums and have not come up with any feedback on perfumewiz. Thanks for your help.

  30. #150

    Thumbs up Re: Trusted eBay Sellers

    FYI=If you are new to EBay, you can check the seller's reputation and past history by clicking on the number after their name. ( In this case, 975, which means they have 975 transactions )
    I see that the buyers are saying this seller is honest and delivers what is described. You can read the buyer's comments and decide yourself. I would say this is a good place to find what you're looking for.
    Here's 2 of the comments. This seller has a great positive rating!

    "Very happy. Delivery prompt, product exactly what I wanted.Buyericklesf ( 2 ) Nov-04-09 18:48

    EAU DE SISLEY 1 EDT 3.3oz SPR (#110441830918) US $85.00 View Item

    Positive feedback rating Genuine authentic product. Helpful customer service, uk delivery slightly slow Buyer:amanda5603 ( 38 [Feedback score is 10 to 49] )
    Nov-04-09 14:09
    EAU DE SISLEY 2 EDT 3.3oz SPR (#110441836579)
    ================================================== ==
    This is EBay's offical rating of this seller- also superlative!

    perfumewiz ( 975 [Feedback score is 500 to 999] ) [eBay Store]
    Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 99.4%
    [How is Feedback Percentage calculated?]
    Member since: Dec-20-04 in United States

    This member is a Top-rated seller
    Consistently receives highest buyers' ratings
    Ships items quickly
    Earns a track record of excellent service

Similar Threads

  1. Best Sandalwood
    By Vibrant_Violet in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 272
    Last Post: 3rd June 2015, 08:50 AM
  2. FAQ - READ ME
    By IPaidForThisName in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 19th November 2011, 06:29 AM
  3. never mind thx I remember now
    By chasefairfax in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14th May 2008, 10:17 PM
  4. Negative eBay Feedback Threads
    By DustB in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 13th September 2006, 04:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000