Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Default Re: Great Ebay deals on bottles and sample (lately I'm addicted to the site)

I wonder if this is the same bottle that my grandfather tried unsuccessfully to dispose of in his later years. He finally refused to shave for the last 2 years of his life, claiming 'that damn bottle' kept showing up in his medicine cabinet no matter how many times he disposed of it and he was just tired of smelling the same (post aftershave application) day after day.

Or was it just that my dad had a great sense of humor.. Hmm
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Default Re: More intresting Ebay finds

That will last someone a long time.

Default Re: Great Ebay deals on bottles and sample (lately I'm addicted to the site)

I just won a 75ml splash bottle of Heritage for $36.50 w shipping. Just wanted to brag. Please dont bring me down by saying i could have gotten for less somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Then there is this deal...if you dare! LOL. Just read it and don't let the price scare you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unexplained-...item45fe71cb9e
    I was considering bidding, but even if I win, it's just going to end up back in that dude's collection whether I want it to or not. I don't think selling it will release him from it's clutches.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    I just won a 75ml splash bottle of Heritage for $36.50 w shipping. Just wanted to brag. Please dont bring me down by saying i could have gotten for less somewhere else.
    That's definitely a good price, but I wonder if you got an aftershave.

Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

Anybody purchased from bestdealperfume ??

168 neg & 114 neutral in 12 months seems like alot, though up against 19897 positives im not sure!

Authenticity & international shipping/packaging are my main concern.

Yes, all ok!

Quote Originally Posted by FAPOS View Post
    Anybody purchased from bestdealperfume ??

168 neg & 114 neutral in 12 months seems like alot, though up against 19897 positives im not sure!

Authenticity & international shipping/packaging are my main concern.
    DO NOT buy from this seller. I purchased something from them but they never sent it. I am currently in a dispute with them on Paypal.

Pretty much anytime you see a negative feedback that says the frag was fake, leaking, or counterfeit, I'd be extremely wary. The reason is eBay's feedback system is more geared towards the buying/shipping experience, not the quality of the goods. Most buyers add feedback as soon as the package arrives, well before they become aware there is a problem with the fragrance itself. Other people just don't know any better -- that is what we ran into with the phony Bleu and Issey sellers in Michigan, which are almost exclusively shipping good-looking phonies that last 30 minutes.

Great comments, thanks.

Well i ended up buying just Animale Animale from the above mentioned seller... ill give some feedback on my experience for anybody else that may be interested

I dont think Animale is a fragrance i should be too worried about being counterfeit, wasnt keen on taking the chance with the Chanels im also after though!

Quote Originally Posted by dampier View Post
    the phony Bleu and Issey sellers in Michigan, which are almost exclusively shipping good-looking phonies that last 30 minutes.
    What Isseys were phony? Im after Eau D'ete Summer Edition (2009) and have to buy online, the one place i found it locally want $100 for it... and its been opened.

Just an update... my order (i got the Issey i wanted aswell) from bestdealperfume arrived already, no problem! I opted for express postage (always do if its an option for any international purchase, almost no chance of it getting lost in transit & includes insurance), it was packaged safe & secure, and sent promptly.

Id definately buy again from this seller - very happy

On a side note, they both smell great too... thankfully (both blind buys).

Fake Fahrenheit Dior.
    Seller: peterw1326
    Bought two items this nOvember - both are fake.
    Have a photo - ready to post it

eBay seller: enetperfume

Bought 40ml original formula Nicole Miller for Men and .5ml samples of both BOSS Sport and Davidoff Relax. I have no history w/ BOSS Sport or Davidoff Relax, but they both smell good and potent. The Nicole Miller for Men smells just as it did in my high school days (class of '97). I never wore it myself back in the day, but a classmate of mine did, and it always smelled great. enetperfume is a good eBay seller as far as I am concerned.

Default Ebay Seller Perfume_Empire1

Hey there,

A few days ago I bought three tester colognes from Perfume_Empire1: Azarro Chrome, Davidoff Cool Water, and Usher Homme. The prices for the tester we're almost exactly what FragranceX would charge, but I bought from them because I though shipping might be a little faster, but I just thought about the possibility of fakes and now I'm having post-purchase paranoia. This seller has almost 60'000 reviews and a 99.6% positive feedback rating with quite a few of the negatives being from people who bought testers and complained about not having a lid. They also have a 30 day satisfaction guaranteed return policy.

Anybody deal with them in the past and know whether or not they are selling genuine or have any advice to give on the subject?

Default Re: Ebay Seller Perfume_Empire1

People who gave a negative feedback because the fragrance didnt have a lid for their tester obviously don't know what a tester is. Most testers don't come with lids and come in a plain box. With 60000 reviews and a 99.6% record, I woulnt worry.

if they smell good then they are real. Seller looks legit.

I hate testers because I love having caps. I know, right?

Default Is it ok to rant here about evilbay perfume scalpers?

Not sure if this will get me in trouble, but I am so sick of being outbid by a particular seller who buys up every bit of Molyneux Vivre and turns around and lists it at outrageously high prices. Any advice from those more wise & experienced than me? Thanks!

Default Re: Is it ok to rant here about evilbay perfume scalpers?

Unfortunately, this happens..it's pretty outrageous.

What I find funny are those sellers that list it for more than it goes for on the perfumer's website/retail.

Like I see some listed for like $150 and on the perfumer's site, it sells for under $100. Like, might as well buy it from the legit perfume site, you know you are getting quality, lol, what are these people thinking?
    $25 or less clearance sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/390...othing-over-25!!

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Rom. 8:18

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Unfortunately, this happens..it's pretty outrageous.

What I find funny are those sellers that list it for more than it goes for on the perfumer's website/retail.

Like I see some listed for like $150 and on the perfumer's site, it sells for under $100. Like, might as well buy it from the legit perfume site, you know you are getting quality, lol, what are these people thinking?
    Was thinking the same thing. I've been buying for years and have pretty much given up on auctions at this point partly for this reason. I've narrowed my ebay buying to a few trusted sellers and then only when I see something for a much better price than I can get from the house itself.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Why don't you outbit him/her?

Blog Entries

I had to look...she is obtaining them for not very much money. We don't know what her actual bid was, of course-- she could have bid a lot higher-- but maybe not.

You see what they are going for; bid higher than the completed listings.

Her bottles may not sell at the inflated prices since there seems to be a number of bottles, and she is certainly not the only one buying or winning them.

I've actually never tried it, and the only place available to sample is TPC for $14 a ml, so it makes it difficult to bid a large amount unsniffed. I guess what annoys me is these "retailers" aren't adding any value and they are not going from one venue to another, i.e. scouring thrift stores and estate sales to stock their ebay stores. They are not offering a service, just creating a false demand and trying to monopolize the supply. It is so different and at odds with the attitudes of the perfume community, IMHO. Thanks for letting me rant, and sorry if I've offended anyone.

Blog Entries

Rant away! This is the downside of capitalism, of course. But probably the seller is just trying to earn some money to pay her bills...like all of us.

It's actually pretty common for sellers to purchase their items on eBay and then relist them at a higher price, but it's generally advised on the eBay boards that members use different IDs for buying, selling and posting. My husband buys on one account and sells on another.

Eh, I get what you're saying. Ebay is a place with some pretty rancid ethics which really is the logical result of money being involved. What I really hate is the sellers who sell vintage without knowing a damn thing about fragrances. So often I see things listed incorrectly, retarded ass labels, false information about concentrations or age, but unfortunately it's the same with many hobbies. I'm a big fan of straight razors and I see the same things going on with vintage razors, or even new ones, brushes, and hones. I also love art deco silver and that's probably the worst.

Go to Ebay and type in 'Art deco' and you'll find entries for so much modern stuff or art nouveau and all manner of other things listed as art deco. Not to mention how often you find things listed as sterling silver which are anything but.

I think if you're selling vintage fragrances (or anything else for that matter) you should know a thing or two about the subject. I don't expect everyone to be an expert. There are many houses I know next to nothing about, but you can do some research. Especially considering what some of these people charge; if you expect to make hundreds of dollars off a product and can't even be bothered to spend twenty minutes reading about it you're a twat. Funnily enough though even Ebay vintage prices arn't as bad as the prices of some modern stuff. I see Guerlain stuff on Ebay for 4-600 dollars, for modern scents by Thierry Wasser! I can do nothing but laugh when you could buy vintage Jicky parfum for the same money, even on Ebay.

Usually I only bid on things that are partly used or with limited shipping as this drives most resellers away or cuts down on the number of bidders so that the auctions are less competetive. I've gotten some amazing deals this way. 30ml Givenchy Gentleman for $50, and a 100ml for around the same price both sprayed only a tiny bit. Not long ago I got a bottle of vintage Arpege that shipped only to Australia (unused!) for $29, and a slightly used bottle of Farouche for about $70

If you are prepared to save and buy large quantities where available you often get better prices. My first wife had a 1 liter flacon of Je Reviens EDT which a friend brought her from Paris. I now have it and it is very nearly empty. I'm seriously considering buying another for $600, and getting such a well-known vintage perfume for less than $1 per ml is pretty amazing.

I suppose I'm somewhat lucky though since I covet vintage Worth fragrances over and above all else, and given that Parfums Worth flopped downmarket in a huge way a long time ago they're just not that trendy or in demand. I'd be screwed if I was in love with Guerlain, Dior or Chanel >.> Nina Ricci is bad enough.

Default Is this a reputable eBay seller?

I'm aware of the fragrancenet and scentedmonkey eBay stores, however I've read a little about the Mill Creek Rescue seller (millcreekrescue909).

Any of you received any frags from them?

What can you tell me about what you received, such as legitimacy, old stock/new stock or w/e, etc.

Thanks.

Default Re: Is this a reputable eBay seller?

This is a seller I have not actually heard of so I don't really know if they're legit or not. I've bought a good number of fragrances on ebay and I don't recall having come across this seller. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Quote Originally Posted by Profumo Saggio View Post
    This is a seller I have not actually heard of so I don't really know if they're legit or not. I've bought a good number of fragrances on ebay and I don't recall having come across this seller. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    It's okay, thanks for the response . Also, could you please PM me a list or something of reputable sellers via eBay for fragrances? Thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

Hm, so I messaged the seller about (mainly) legitimacy of frags, and the response I got is.. not really satisfactory.

"A review of our feedback and top rated seller status will answer this question for you."

There's probably been lots of people who have gotten fakes and don't know better and have left positive feedback on eBay.

Bah. Any of you gotten legit frags from this seller?

Hi, does any know whether neo retro is a reputable seller? I am looking for Tom Ford White Patchouli in a 30 ml size and he is the only one who has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouho View Post
    I'm aware of the fragrancenet and scentedmonkey eBay stores, however I've read a little about the Mill Creek Rescue seller (millcreekrescue909).

Any of you received any frags from them?

What can you tell me about what you received, such as legitimacy, old stock/new stock or w/e, etc.

Thanks.
    I just bought something from them. They have 99.9% positive feedback and thousands of sales. I would say you're probably safe.

Just wanted to add some other people I've purchased from that I've been happy with:

lia8018 - Mandarina Duck Black
    Mewtwo2 - Tuscan Leather
    bballplayer312 - Immortelle de Corse
    Last edited by The Smelly Scientist; 21st January 2013 at 08:06 PM.
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Jouho View Post
    It's okay, thanks for the response . Also, could you please PM me a list or something of reputable sellers via eBay for fragrances? Thanks in advance.
    I thought ebay had restricted the perfume auctions after some kind of lawsuit in France?
    Last edited by neparlepas; 28th January 2013 at 03:18 AM.
    winter: Body Kouros
    summer : guerlain vetiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by neparlepas View Post
    I thought ebay had restricted the perfume auctions after some kind of lawsuit in France?
    In France, yes, but not in the USA.

yuranluba2007 sells fake chanel allure homme sport

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Yuranluba2007 refunded me $50 (paid 60) for a fake bottle of chanel AHS. It doesn't make up for selling fakes but a step in the right direction. Lesson learned will be more careful when buying online

I highly recommend buying from Perfume4us. I received a bottle that had leaked, and Adam (who I believe is the owner) offered to either refund the amount of the bottle that had leaked, or send me a new bottle and cover the return shipping and process a refund of the old one.

Adam is a stand up guy. Highly recommended!
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Avoid seller hydrangea2736 like the plague! First negative feedback I've ever given. She advertised this:Attachment 21481

as "Vintage Dina Merrill amarante Cologne Spray 2 oz. FULL BOTTLE!"

When it arrived and I opened it up, I got this:empty perfume.jpg.

When I contacted her to let her know, I inadvertently opened an ebay case, as when you try to e-mail them that the item arrived not as advertised, it automatically does that.

It's one thing to be a seller and make a mistake, we are all human, but the way this woman responded was absolutely AWFUL! She accused me of lying and that I had buyer's remorse (BF got a good laugh at this, as I have no remorse to blowing all my expendable cash on vintage perfume!). Her attitude really ruined my (Halloween) evening. I sent it back and am out return shipping, which isn't that much, but it is annoying to have to pay for her mistake (not checking her item properly) and worst of all, having to deal with her. Her response to my feedback:

LIAR! BUYER REMORSE! LOOK AT MY 100% POSITIVE FEEDBACK WITH 1300+ TRADES...LIAR!

good times, huh?

Blog Entries

Ugh, and take a look at the feedback she leaves others as a buyer:
    http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs...6&Dirn=Left+by

She likes to shout, doesn't she?
    For what it's worth, she shot herself in the foot with her reply to you.

Wow, 30 Roses, great tool! Thanks so much!