Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

If you have purchased fragrances from eBay, please post your feedback here. Try to include a link to the actual seller if possible. I know eBay has their own feedback system, but Basenoters are more likely to pick up on fake fragrances compared to the general public.

If you're a member of Basenotes, feel free to mention yourself.

Please post only information and feedback about eBay sellers here. If you have any questions or want to say something off-topic, please start a new thread. Thanks.

Default Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

Creedirect

The Good

GIT is Good Quality (not stale)
    Very good price

The Bad

It was a tester

My Verdict

Poor People Take What Deals We Get; Good Buy
    Last edited by steveharrisonmc; 9th December 2006 at 04:59 AM.

http://stores.ebay.com/Perfume-To-Go AKA allshewants
    Shipped fast, good packaging. No problems with the transaction.
    Tester and retail were clearly labeled in ads. Creed had arabic writing.

Blog Entries

I'm having a problem with seller Legacy170 of Legacy Perfumes Plus. I can't proove it of course. Will probably have to eat the $100. I think the bottle I got was heat damaged or old or both. I am trying to get him to honor his money back offer on his website but it says it must be unused. It's a problem that will keep me off Ebay for a while, if nothing else.

Default UPDATED: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

Fashion Scents
    http://stores.ebay.com/Fashion-Scent...Q3amesstQQtZkm
    I recently purchased Marc Jacobs - Marc Jacobs and Hugo Boss - Hugo (5oz tester, w/ original cap and bottle, also came in original box labelled tester) from this store. Both were genuine, as described and excellent deals. They shipped them out within 48 hours as well. Overall 10/10.

High Trends
    http://stores.ebay.com/High-Trends_W...Q3amesstQQtZkm
    I purchased a couple more from these guys, and received my package as promised by FedEx tracking service. Their shipping deals are the best, $6.95 for the first item and then ONLY $1 each additional item. So you could buy 10 gift sets and only pay $16 in shipping. Some of their deals are amazing too. High trends is #1 in my ebay frag list.

Blog Entries

I had a dreadful experience with Legacy170 on Ebay.He admitted, after the fact, Violette Precieuse is 5 years old. Of course he won't refund my money just because it smells like turpentine. $123.00 down the drain.

I have had very good luck buying samples and decants from Fragrant Fripperies. Very nice and always extra samples.

I just purchased from 4realdiscount. *4realdiscount has a fragrance store on eBay. The order shipped quickly and I am happy with what I got. *So I just placed another order.

I guess I should mention what I ordered. I ordered 20 sample vials of Guess Men (the kind that come on the cardboard backer). This is a 1991 vintage fragrance, and it seems to be in good condition.

Thrax

Seller: bjoviatt

Screwed me over and only sent the aftershave when I ordered aftershave and cologne.

The seller was You Smell Marvelous:
    http://stores.ebay.com/You-Smell-Marvelous

Service and product are absolutely top-notch, payment to my door in less than 2 days. Plus each decant was presented very nicely with some free samples. Highly recommended.

hisnhertouch

Received my order very quickly. Too bad both fragrances are fakes. The Escada Ibiza Hippie was detectable to me almost immediately--the rim of the bottle gave it away. The Lacoste Touch of Pink is a better fake but the juice gives it away.

Very disappointed. Emailed seller and informed them I would be returning the items.

update: returned items and they gave me full refund. am going to email them to ask that they pay the return shipping costs as well.

violetta1616 / Violett Fragrances

eBay Bid Cancellation Notice - Item 5627008648 : VETIVER BY GUERLAIN SET 3 PIECE FOR MEN
    4.2 EDT +2.5 Shower Gel +1.7 Deodorant
    Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 12:48:07 -0700
    After I won the item for aprx $18 including her shipping and handling charges, seller reported item as 'Broken or Stolen' to circumvent eBay's Reserve Fee Policy.

She had over a dozen identical items in her store.

eBay did nothing to correct situation. *And somehow she maintains a 99.9% satisfaction rate.

Both mentioned above but I have had several great transactions with Fragrant Fripperies and You Smell Marvelous on ebay. AAA+++ all the way... and always extra samples... which is dangerous and lovely at the same time. *8-)
    Bel Respiro, I adore you... but my heart belongs to another.

I just stick with high volume sellers on ebay and I buy only from those with whom I've carried out transactions in the past. I don't mind an extra $2-$3 to ensure the authenticity of the fragrance.

Hi All,

I had a bad experiance with aroma*aura. Won a 4oz bottle of GIT. When it came there was no date on the back of the box. The juice was way off as if it had gone bad or the oils had seperated. Even though the listing said all sales final he agreed to take the bottle back and refund my money after being somewhat verbally abusive in his e-mail to me. I sent it back but sent it requiring his signature so he couldn't say he never recieved it therefore no refund. He kept saying he would pick it up at the post office but as far as I know he never did. He did refund my money but it took alot of constant non angry neutral language e-mail on my part to cagole him into completing our transaction. As far as I know the fragarence will be returned to me by the postoffice if it goes unclaimed. Got my refund so I left posative post with just a thankyou on it.

Rick/docpsycho
    For sale post

[url]http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169[/url]

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Quote Originally Posted by docpsycho
    Hi All,

I had a bad experiance with aroma*aura. Won a 4oz bottle of GIT. When it came there was no date on the back of the box. The juice was way off as if it had gone bad or the oils had seperated. Even though the listing said all sales final he agreed to take the bottle back and refund my money after being somewhat verbally abusive in his e-mail to me. I sent it back but sent it requiring his signature so he couldn't say he never recieved it therefore no refund. He kept saying he would pick it up at the post office but as far as I know he never did. He did refund my money but it took alot of constant non angry neutral language e-mail on my part to cagole him into completing our transaction. As far as I know the fragarence will be returned to me by the postoffice if it goes unclaimed. Got my refund so I left posative post with just a thankyou on it.

Rick/docpsycho
    I'm sorry, but I don't really understand why you left a positive. eBay's feedback is there to alert other buyers to such things as a seller peddling fake perfume.

I have had several very positive experiences on ebay with the following sellers:

lisalaw - great selection, most notably: Lutens, Malle, Tonatto, Aqaba, Different Company, Il Profumo, Mecheri, Les Nereides, Mazzolari, Micallef, and many others. Very good email communication, advice, free samples with order, and fast shipping.

dbash1 - great prices on Tonatto and Carthusia, fast shipping. Apparently had a store and is now selling off stock.

786hoodas - terrible name, but great selection of Creed, almost every one of them. Fast shipping, generous sample vials, about the same size as the ones from Creed.

Excellent to do business with are Terrie's Temptations, Pinks Pharm and Fragrant Fripperies. Of course, Dragonfly Scent Me... All highly recommended!

Avoid at all cost DONICA'S TREASURES. She sold me a rancid Aimez Moi, smells like spoiled maple syrup. She didn't even bother to wipe the grime off the bottle before she sent out.
    Last edited by tinker424; 16th August 2006 at 11:19 PM.

I too have purchased from ASW = All She Wants & Fashion Scents/Fragrance Alley with successful outcomes.
    Out of the two, I prefer ASW a bit more as the item prices are a smidge better, but shipping costs are essentially the same for both.

M~

Anyone ever dealt with FragranceExpress on eBay?

I also wanted to attest to "You Smell Marvelous" as a great E-Bay vendor. Like a previous poster stated, payment to door in 2 days. I payed once on a Saturday and the decant got to me on Monday. Granted, I only live about 250 miles from her, but the fact she went to the post office on a Saturday is impressive. Nothing but professional. Oh, and the juice was top-notch

Quote Originally Posted by robyogi
    I have had several very positive experiences on ebay with the following sellers:

lisalaw

[...]

786hoodas
    Just thought I'd chime in and second robyogi's positive experiences, from the point of view of someone in the UK ordering from across the proverbial.

Lisalaw not only sent me the L'Artisan decants I bought, but also four sample vials - including both of the gorgeous Ormonde Jayne men's fragrances. The best communication from my favourite eBayer to date. Glass atomizers - and samples! - were beautifully packaged, and delivery took about a week.

786hoodas - I'm far from an expert, but the Creed decants I ordered seemed genuine [good longevity, similar notes in the drydowns], and he threw in a complimentary 2ml vial of Santal [the incredibly sweet Joopalike]. Not quite as well presented as Lisalaw's fragrances [slimline plastic atomizers - which are actually more practical for discrete re-squirts now I think about it]; delivery again took about a week.

Also: roly_hippo - A UK eBayer, who delivered a nicely-priced Acqua di Parma 100ml within 48 hours. If it's a fake, it's the best one I've ever seen or sniffed. No-nonsense and fast; smashing!

All good so far, then

Smile Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

EBay Seller DiscountPerfumes

I just purchased two bottles of Bond No. 9 from these folks, with more than a little trepidation.

As it turned out, my fears were TOTALLY UNWARRANTED! Not a lot of communication, but very efficient seller.

My buying experience was tremendous! The prices were FANTASTIC, and they shipped USPS Priority to me IMMEDIATELY (cross-country in 2 days).

I received two FACTORY-COMPLETE, sealed bottles of Bond, in their wonderful bottles, in their wonderful BOXES, in individual bags, packed beautifully.

I would not hesitate to purchase from them again. They will be my Bond No. 9 dealer for all future purchases, unless some bests them.
    Last edited by NoNonScents; 2nd August 2006 at 06:05 PM. Reason: added link to Ebay site
    NoNonScents!! Getting Ready to Retire....

lisalaw is cool

offers samples on complete comme range for like $65 37 samples! pretty cool...

carries lots of other stuff and decants

My favorite Ebay seller is lisalaw. she is awesome. Such a nice lady and her service is amazing.

DrBubba: I have dealt with FragranceExpress and I was very happy with them. I actually found one of their items on www.ubid.com cheaper than on ebay.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    WANTED buy/swap: Creed "Acier Aluminum" , L'Occitane "Eav des Bavx", Comme Des Garcons stuff especially "Dry Clean"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Top 10: TM Cologne, Mark Birley, Dzing, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Geir, Divine's "L'Homme de Coeur", Penhaligons 'Endymion",
    Creed Original Vetiver, Diptique Tam Dao, Hugo Boss "Spirit"

Has anyone dealt with ebay seller bddllc?
    I bought a bottle of new Chanel COCO edp from this seller before noticing the feedback, which listed more than several accusations of fake perfumes (and a fake Coach wallet). His feedback approval is 96 %.
    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...04654&frm=1883
    When I got my bottle it was hard to tell if it was fake. There were a few anomalies, but not much more than you'd expect (1. the black and gold foil label on the neck was loose and coming off. It turns out there were accidentally 2 neck labels put on, and the top one was ungluing 2. the label on the front of the bottle wasn't centered well).
    I don't have another sample to compare it to, but because of my concern over it, while it seems to smell fairly close to COCO, it doesn't seem as rich or deep as I remember my sample being (which the edp should be). But you know how difficult it is to tell when a fragrance is *fairly* close. Are fakes usually pretty obvious? I can't say I'm real excited about the spray I got, and I remember how rich and full the sample was. Am I imagining things?
    Any thoughts on this seller? Anybody use him ? I haven't left any feedback or contacted him yet about my bottle.

don't forget to check the negative feedback using:

http://www.toolhaus.org/

some sellers recommended here have a LOT of uncappy hampers on their wake!

Anyone bought from theperfumeshack before?

Default Tiffluvsderek on Ebay rules!

I accidentally bought two bottles of the same thing from Tiffluvsderek, and rather than saying "Your bad, pay up", she accomodated my goof and resold the second bottle. A really really nice lady too. You can definatly buy with confidence!
    Last edited by Joel_Cairo; 22nd August 2006 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by veronica
    violetta1616 / Violett Fragrances
    After I won the item for aprx $18 including her shipping and handling charges, seller reported item as 'Broken or Stolen' to circumvent eBay's Reserve Fee Policy. She had over a dozen identical items in her store.

eBay did nothing to correct situation. And somehow she maintains a 99.9% satisfaction rate.
    Wow, I did buy something from Violetta, and it went fine. She did seem fairly aggressive, to be sure, and began sending some spam after the sale.

I have also run into this 'Broken or Stolen' tactic of cancelling a sale from another vendor, when I was trying to buy Live Jazz. A fishy move, indeed.

I've also noticed that some vendors negotiate away negative feedback ("mutally agreed..") - I assume they've done a refund, sent something extra, or something like that. This may be an OK vendor, but when I see a lot of these, I'd wonder. I tend to think this is usually "weasel wording" in the listing that caused a misunderstanding.

I must be the poster child for Ebay... I've built most of my collection from it, and have had few problems, knock on formica. I was going to trot out my list of fave vendors, but I see that all of them have at least some bad feedback, so I guess I'm leading a charmed life.

Instead, I'll list some things I do, in case they may be helpful to you (some will seem obvious, no doubt):

I tend to read every word of a listing like a lawyer, and look for highest feedback. I also read the feedback itself - sometimes it's surprising what you find even in people with high feedback. Sometimes the one bad thing out of 400 good ones will be enough to give you pause! Yes, it takes a little longer.

Another idea... when I'm not sure about a vendor, I'll often ask them a question, even if I don't really have one - I'm simply trying to get the vendor talking to assess their responsiveness, personality, attitude, etc. For instance, if you ask something that would normally elicit a detailed reply, and they give you a 2-word brusque answer, that's one warning sign. A good answer is no guarantee, but it gives me more confidence.

I could be wrong, but I think that our colleagues in non-U.S. nations seem to be having more trouble with Ebay. I would guess that international shipping adds layers of complexity that may tend to cause more problems. Sadly, no suggestion there.

Having said that, I've slowed down in my Ebay buying - I now have everything good that's cheap. I guess my timing is good, what with Ebay complaints on the rise, big time.

Caveat Emptor!

Fragrant fripperies and dragonfly scent me, and I'll add mikvic who I recently shopped with. There are a few more, I just wish I could remember all the fine ebay'ers who have sold me nice things. I don't shop there a whole lot, but from time to time, I get on there and do some buying. Some were definitely bad, but there is some good advice here and, like you all, I learned to read between the lines on feedback, etc. Most of the time I use online discount stores for full sizes, but not always.

Edit: Got my scent from pumpkinred, two weeks later, yeah! First time an ebay seller was thrown off who actually followed through and sent me the item I paid for. She/he did seem good, excellent feedback and all.
    Last edited by beachroses; 25th September 2006 at 06:15 PM.

pumpkinred was my first experience on ebay and not a good one. Shipped very slowly, listed me as non-paying even though the problem was hers in that I had paid, but she got kicked off and therefore wasn't checking her paypal, and then never sent the items that I paid for. I never recieved any strikes as a result of this but have alerts in my mailbox that I can't get rid of because action is required and she can't/won't respond. Grrr... This of course causes me no problems, but irritates me.
    Great experiences with Serendipity Scents, Dragonfly Scent Me, and a seller called gemmaeden. She currently has nothing for sale, and did ship a little slowly but the product (ten SL's) was top notch, she has great communication, great packaging, and is obviously a kindred spirit of the perfume obsessed.
    I also just ordered from mikvik and am awaiting my items. Glad to hear positives from fellow members.

Default Ebayers beware dont buy from....

Just confirming since the last fake creed post. Bisys00 on ebay is selling fakes.. and they are horrible... I got my himalaya today and you could tell that they are spray painting the bottles.. The bottle feels sticky like some cheap spray paint.. The box doesnt has the embossed logos on them the spray nozzle looks like tin foil and has a horrible creed logo on it.. Basically everything that we have discovered with the fake creeds. I mean its so bad I can still smell the paint. I have contacted bisys for a refund and am notifying ebay that he is selling knockoffs.. talk about ghetto.. if anyone else has bought from bysis i would suggest submitting a complaint the guideline is as follows

If the product you are selling bears the name or logo of a company, but it wasn't made or endorsed by that company, don't list it on eBay.

Default Re: Ebayers beware dont buy from....

What's the juice? Paco Rabanne XS?

I don't trust any seller with private feedback as a rule. Why would you ever enable that except to be shady?

I hate to support you making this thread but...

I had a HORRIBLE experience with that seller that I posted about a few months ago. I'm a nice guy, but I felt like this guy had really wronged me. I gave him tons of second chances just to make sure that he was really as bad of a seller as I thought... well he was. I wrote the most scathing review that I could conjure up. That is why he hides his reviews now. I would say never buy from someone who hides their reviews.
    Last edited by The_Giraffe; 31st October 2006 at 03:46 AM.

Just confirming since the last fake creed post. Bisys00 on ebay is selling fakes.. and they are horrible... I got my silver mountain water today and you could tell that they are spray painting the bottles.. The bottle feels sticky like some cheap spray paint.. The box doesnt has the embossed logos on them the spray nozzle looks like tin foil and has a horrible creed logo on it.. Basically everything that we have discovered with the fake creeds the cap is one piece solid silver with the crest in the middle all one piece. I mean its so bad I can still smell the paint. I have contacted bisys for a refund and am notifying ebay that he is selling knockoffs.. talk about ghetto.. if anyone else has bought from bysis i would suggest submitting a complaint the guideline is as follows

If the product you are selling bears the name or logo of a company, but it wasn't made or endorsed by that company, don't list it on eBay.
    Last edited by chadmwgarrett; 31st October 2006 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzolt

I don't trust any seller with private feedback as a rule. Why would you ever enable that except to be shady?
    Totally agree ...

I never could understand why ebay even HAS this option. What possible reason could an honest merchant need it for? I thought the whole premise of ebay was an open and honest relationship between merchant and potential customer.

I would NEVER buy anything from someone with private feedback no matter how cheap it was.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321
    Totally agree ...

I never could understand why ebay even HAS this option. What possible reason could an honest merchant need it for? I thought the whole premise of ebay was an open and honest relationship between merchant and potential customer.

I would NEVER buy anything from someone with private feedback no matter how cheap it was.
    Well the reason why ebay perhaps allows people to hide there feedback is because some BUYERS would not want their purchases to be tracked & there is no way of as of now to separate the buyers feedback from the sellers feedback...i remember this seller from ireland who sold me a fake bottle of ADG & Platinum egoiste...i left negative feedback for him and the next day he changed his feedback to private and until a few days ago he still was selling the same perfumes to gullible buyers...

For your information though ebay has stopped sellers from selling stuff if they choose to hide their feedback...they can be buyers on that id but not sellers...i read this yesterday on ebay australia....

gupts

I don't buy anything from sellers who hide their feedbacks. I see no point in it unless they're trying to hide something bad.

Buyers who don't want their purchases tracked shouldn't even be purchasing things over the internet where it takes down your identity, your location, your credit card, etc.

There is NO SENSE in being able to hide feedback.

Yup bisys00 is a total fake...i bought my GIT from him. I sent it back with delivery confirmation. He hasn't refunded me as yet. I left negative feedback for him...and i'm about to file a complaint as well.

I'm so glad that I got a real bottle from scentiments.com.

I only just saw someone hiding feedback for the first time it's like 'giant red flag'. . . but a lot of people dont' even look. . .

I have an interesting story some ebay entity called cosmeticlots had something like 8000 transactions and a lot of negative feedback that was quite recent. I didn't check, I immediately did a buy it now on 2 cheap bottles (9.95 ea) then ebay said the items were removed, and the seller is now a former seller. strange thing is there is a cosmeticlots 2 operation out of the same area... and I tried contacting that one, really wanted to give them a chance, cause what I wanted was so cheap. .. but that person has not gotten back to me. . .

had a few good ones and one not so good

violetta1616
    http://stores.ebay.com/VIOLETT-FRAGRANCES

I got live jazz and Versace Man Eau Fraîche used buy it now and paid on Friday night they arrived on Monday morning. Good quality and fast shipping the only bad thing is that the person that makes the listing has some problems with font sizes, also I get the impression that English is not the persons primary language, when I ask a question the response did answer it but it in a round about way. 9/10

manhattanperfume
    http://stores.ebay.com/Manhattan-Perfumes

I got Versace man and Ultraviolet fast shipping I can’t think of any thing that went wrong with it. 10/10

The only bad experience that I had was with

mbusse7496
    the person is new to ebay and has a low fedback but i took a chance
    I got angle A for men in the metal flask at an incredible price the only problem was that it was a tester and was not listed as a tester in the listing. It was not a huge problem because I paid a incredible price.

I can't recommend 'theimportsguy' or his store The European Imports Store. I ordered a bottle of Coriandre that was called in the headline "New". In the text he explained it wasn't new - only a few samples had been taken. The picture was of a bottle 2/3 or 3/4 full, but the text said the picture wasn't of the bottle being sold, that the bottle up for bid was full.
    All this should have been a clue, but I really wanted that bottle of Coriandre. When it came, the box had very old imbedded dirt on it and an old Mexican shipping label on the bottom! The fragrance had turned and didn't have the strength of the decant I got from Ladylonestar. I'm not confident it hadn't *actually* been the bottle pictured in the auction, but was merely topped off with something (Vodka?).
    When I sent an email inquiring about sending the fragrance back, he said he was liquidating the stock of his parent's old store from Mexico, which is where the fragrance came from. He did offer to refund the cost of the perfume but not the shipping (for either the first shipment or sending it back), and questioned whether I knew what real authentic vintage Coriandre smelled like. It was going to end up costing me the price of a new bottle with little to show for it.
    I'd never left a negative for an ebay seller, so agonized over it for two weeks before leaving it. He sent me an angry email, asking why I would do such a thing. When I explained my reasons, he said he sold too many fragrances to change all the headings from 'New' to 'Used' and wasn't a fragrance expert to know whether it had turned or not.
    I told him he just needed to be upfront about where the merchandise comes from and it's age and condition, so the buyer can choose for himself whether to bid. He replied that with so much merchandise it's hard to be thorough...
    I notice he's now being more careful in his explanations, but I would be cautious with this seller, as I felt he knew what he was selling. He's offering a lot of vintage perfume, some of it used, so it would be wise to PM him before bidding inquiring about their condition. He said I should have done so with him before I bid on Coriandre.
    So this seller is 'Buyer Beware'.

LisaLaw, You Smell Marvelous, Dragonfly00, Fragrant Fripperies; ::thisbe::, scents_heaven, and HarryNY_04 have all proved reliable for me. I have multiple ordered with several of them. Each is a speedy shipper; You Smell Marvelous gets the prize for most elegant presentation
    -- "A fool would know that with tweeds one wears gold, and that with evening clothes one wears platinum."
    The Duchess of Windsor

-- "The thing that impresses me most about America is the way parents obey their children."
    The Duke of Windsor "

Default Fake Creed on eBay (Happy Ending)

I got burned (for some reason I thought I would on this one) on a bottle of GIT by ssr1512. He had 100% positive feedback, so I took a shot.

The bottle is glossy black, the sprayer is too short, the spray housing is silver instead of black, the box says "Green Frich Tweed", etc. etc.

I've dropped him a note.

I'll update the thread when (if) I hear back from him.

UPDATE: It turns out this guy bought these from, guess who....bisys00! Sid responded to me within MINUTES of my initial email, explaining that he got these from bisys and didn't like them so he just wanted to get rid of them. He's refunding me in full.

I invited him to join Basenotes, as it seems like he's into colognes to some degree (he's sold several on eBay) and I'm also sending him a REAL sample of GIT so he knows what he's missing.

All is well!
    Last edited by DrBubba; 14th December 2006 at 01:47 AM.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fake Creed on eBay (Happy Ending)

Note:

eBay WILL NOT police their site and crack down on those who sell counterfeit items. Nor will they adjust retaliatory and totally false negative feedback placed by sellers of counterfeits such as bisyss00. Forget eBay and their "Buyer Protection"--that is just a PR ploy to make them appear as though they are policing their site. They are not and are all about making $$ from sellers without much care as to their ethics.

So, I notified the American distributor of Creed products, the NYC police agency in charge of busting counterfeit sellers and the FBI just in case they want to make a purchase undercover and 'sting' sellers of counterfeits such as bisyss00. How do I know bisyss00 is a seller of counterfeit Creed? He sent me one (Green Frich Tweed) in place of the Creed Green Irish Tweed he had offered on eBay.

I am not done yet. I am going to make this a project for a year or so, in my spare time.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Quote Originally Posted by kbe
    Note:

eBay WILL NOT police their site and crack down on those who sell counterfeit items. Nor will they adjust retaliatory and totally false negative feedback placed by sellers of counterfeits such as bisyss00. Forget eBay and their "Buyer Protection"--that is just a PR ploy to make them appear as though they are policing their site. They are not and are all about making $$ from sellers without much care as to their ethics.

So, I notified the American distributor of Creed products, the NYC police agency in charge of busting counterfeit sellers and the FBI just in case they want to make a purchase undercover and 'sting' sellers of counterfeits such as bisyss00. How do I know bisyss00 is a seller of counterfeit Creed? He sent me one (Green Frich Tweed) in place of the Creed Green Irish Tweed he had offered on eBay.

I am not done yet. I am going to make this a project for a year or so, in my spare time.
    Thanks for doing that KBE. You are doing a service to us all. Please keep us informed to developments or replies from any agencies.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Sorry if this is repeat info, but I noticed this guy on Ebay selling the same GIT with "Green Frish Tweed" on the box. The seller is "double_value" and when the buyer, who is apparently Canadian, left a negative feedback, this guy claimed that that's how it's labeled in the U.S. Hah! Amazing what these guys think [and probably do] get away with.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...6921828&de=off

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Wink Re: Fake Creed on eBay (Happy Ending)

Fake Creed on eBay??? Shocking!!

.. also, Major Strasser has been shot. Round up the usual suspects.

Benjamin*

Quote Originally Posted by Cognoscento
    Another idea... when I'm not sure about a vendor, I'll often ask them a question, even if I don't really have one - I'm simply trying to get the vendor talking to assess their responsiveness, personality, attitude, etc. For instance, if you ask something that would normally elicit a detailed reply, and they give you a 2-word brusque answer, that's one warning sign. A good answer is no guarantee, but it gives me more confidence.
    Caveat Emptor!

You make a good suggestion here. Think about it! when you go into a boutique to seek out new fragrances, you have this interaction with someone eye-to-eye and you get a 'sense' about the person. There's something in this suggestion to getting something from the seller up-front.
    Another great suggestion earlier, is to go to toolhaus . org and see in a condensed form all the negative feedback on a seller. Wow. I took a look at those posted for a few of the sellers mentioned in this thread. The vulgar retorts from sellers with negative feedback was enough to keep me out of their stores. I don't care if they have a billion positives....

I have purchased from Dragonfly Scent Me and Fragrant Fripperies on eBay. Both are EXCELLENT! They have fast shipping, authentic items, and their decants are packaged beautifully. Plus they always include a sample or two. Highly recommended.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Update on eBay Seller "Bisyss00"

(Delivers fake Creed when advertising original):

This theif is no longer listed as a member of eBay but I would bet the farm this counterfeit scent seller has just changed identities on eBay and is selling the same trash as 'original' Creed and so on. Ebay will not do a thing. Period. It is 'Buyer Beware' on that site until enough members complain, I guess. Maybe not even then.

---beware of any Creed/other high end scents being sold very cheaply and with a NY address w/seller only taking credit cards--no PayPal etc.

Ken

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Post eBay Fragrance Seller Feedback here!

www.bigdiscount.com

I just made my 4th purchase from them. VERY fast shipping, free if over $50.00, good pricing/inventory and sealed and/or authentic testers. I will continue to buy from them and can recommend them to Basenoters.

Basenotes Plus

They are in the same warehouse as Scentiments and they supply Perfumania. I have been there. Good guys!

Did you know that it's possible for sellers to change the listing after the sale to conceal fraud?

well, it is, the rep I just chatted with told me if happens often, "especially from overseas"

if you are ordering something that could have been knocked off, I suggest downloading the page for your records!

Benjamin*

Seller double_value is amazingly rude and offensive. If you have a good transaction, that's all well and good. But if there's a problem, expect to have him attack you and be very very nasty. You can find his negative feedback here at toolhaus.org; some of the buyers have claimed that his colognes are fakes and/or adulterated.
    Last edited by Benjamin*; 10th January 2007 at 07:56 PM.

I have made many purchases from Meidy on ebay, basically mainstream things, Guerlains, Carons and I bought two bottles of Libertine from him when I discovered it was D/Cd. Fast shipping and utterly reliable. Prices are good too

I just started shopping Ebay for scents, but so far my experience has been good.

dragonfly00
    fragrant_fripperies5
    fishbone96

all FAST delivery, excellent fragrances, good communication and extra samples.

I've been planning on ordering from mikvic too, good to see some positive reviews on that one.
    Last edited by jenmarie; 7th February 2007 at 09:30 PM.