Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Seattle, Wa

o

Default Re: Seattle, Wa

I went to parfum Nasreen and the owner was very nice and I got a bunch of samples with my purchase. I would recommend them for niche.

Nordstrom in downtown Seattle has a Le Labo counter now. The Chanel Exclusifs are still available, in a very nice display in the Chanel boutique area. House of Matriarch has some fragrances available in the main fragrance area. The fragrance area seems smaller after a recent remodel, but veteran SAs like Mary, Anthony, and Susan are still working there. There's also a Creed counter, a Hermes counter including Hermessence and body products, and a Jo Malone counter.

Christian left Barneys to work for Bond No 9 but then he went back to Barneys. Last I was there, he was in shoes, not fragrance, but I said hi and he introduced me to a very helpful fragrance SA whose name I cannot remember at this time. This was about 6 months ago, so things may have changed again.

Essenza is still great and has a few new lines including Fiele and Naomi Goodsir. The same folks are still working there.

House of Vartan opened up about a year ago in the Thornton Place shopping area in North Seattle (south of Northgate mall). Brendan is the charming and knowledgeable owner. They carry Imaginary Authors, Aroma M, Kerosene, Jul et Mad, Mendittorosa, and a few other niche/indie brands.

I will be visiting Seattle next month and I was wondering if anyone in the area knows of any new places that might be available for sniffing around? Does the Nordstrom downtown still carry the Chanel exclusifs?

Quote Originally Posted by jwpianoboe View Post
    I will be visiting Seattle next month and I was wondering if anyone in the area knows of any new places that might be available for sniffing around?
    Flagship Nordstrom of course, and Barneys is just across the street. Parfumerie Nasreen is also worth a look. Depending on your agenda, you might wanna shoot over to Bellevue and check out Bravern; they've got Gucci, Hermes, LV, and Neiman Marcus (and more) in the same plaza.

Does the Nordstrom downtown still carry the Chanel exclusifs?
    Yes.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

I will be visiting Seattle next month and I was wondering if anyone in the area knows of any new places that might be available for sniffing around? Does the Nordstrom downtown still carry the Chanel exclusifs?
    Essenza is definitely worth a visit for a range of harder to find, smaller niche. It’s also a short walk from Fremont brewing, which has some outstanding craft beers.
    Chypreish”:
    /ˈSHēpRAiSH/
    adjective
    (of a person or expression) to be desirous of an abundance of chypre.
    "Today, she was feeling chypreish”

Essenza is great, but they no longer carries L'Artisan Parfumeur. When I asked why, the gal said they're too big, no longer considered niche, Nordstrom carries that line now.

Echoing everything already stated above....Nordy's downtown flagship, Barneys across the street, Parfumerie Nasreen, etc....