Code of Conduct

Default Indianapolis, IN area

Note: As I'm still discovering the Indianapolis and Fort Wayne areas, this thread will be updated as new discoveries arise.

Saks Fifth Avenue

This particular Saks is a must-visit for any nicheaholic in the Indianapolis area. This location sells Creed, Bond No. 9, Jo Malone, the Armani Prive line, and quite a few other niche brands, along with a lot of the higher-end designer stuff (Mugler, Lanvin, etc.).

Sephora

Basically, this has your average Sephora fare and the no-pressure salespeople that make the chain famous.

Nordstrom
    Location: Circle Centre Mall (downtown Indianapolis). Another Nordstrom will open in fall 2008 at The Fashion Mall at Keystone where Parisian currently resides.

Not surprisingly, you'll find some of the harder-to-find and lesser-known designer scents (Luciano Soprani, Hermes, Pal Zileri, etc.), along with your Muglers, Armanis, Bvlgaris, and such. And, like always, the service is impeccable.

Macy's
    Locations: Throughout the city and suburbs

The Macy's stores here can vary widely. Some are nice (Castleton Square), others are so-so.
    Last edited by MFfan310; 3rd December 2006 at 05:33 PM.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: Indianapolis, IN area

Question regarding Indy area... has anyone been to:

Moorman's Perfumes
    1300 E 86TH St Ste 17
    http://maps.citysearch.com/location/3972121?

Gillani Perfumes
    49 W Maryland St
    http://maps.citysearch.com/location/40992893?

Parfums Llewelyn
    20 N Meridian St Ste 801
    http://maps.citysearch.com/location/3950173?

While it's not a horribe drive if anyone has experiences with these shops it would be nice to know generally what they carry or if it is worthwhile before taking the time/expense.

Many thanks

Moorman's is a tiny little shop in the same strip mall as the Whole Foods market and the Marshalls. The staff there are VERY nice, and a few are quite knowledgeable. HOWEVER - they were recently robbed, and the chances of you finding something unknown or vintage are just about zero. I feel very sorry for them!

They are just now beginning to get the shelves re-stocked.

As a former Naptowner was wondering if the Saks @ FM is where "Jacobsens" use to be?
    or did they do another add on ala the "parisian wing"?

Will never forget shopping Jacobsen's on cold day & saw the Most Beautiful Sweater ever. Didn't have my coke-bottle glasses on & thought the price tag said 88.00. LOL, it
    was 880.00, so I sheepishly put it back.

Jacobsen's also had really nice, deep Frag counters.

Lastly, nothing in Broad Ripple?

Quote Originally Posted by drifting View Post
    Gillani Perfumes
    49 W Maryland St
    http://maps.citysearch.com/location/40992893?

"Gilliani Perfumes" is a tiny little free-standing booth inside Circle Center Mall. She actually has pretty good selection, and always keeps a few "special order" bottles held back... found a 100mL Calvin there hiding in the back of the men's shelf for $60....

Well just got back from saks, and socored a multitude of samples. I would definately suggest going there on a slow day, because i left with 8 creed samples, 5 bond nine samples including a free 5ml sample of the signature perfume. I also walked out with 7 other had decanted samples of designer frags. All in all a very productive visit. Will definately be going back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mdtroyer View Post
    Well just got back from saks, and socored a multitude of samples. I would definately suggest going there on a slow day, because i left with 8 creed samples, 5 bond nine samples including a free 5ml sample of the signature perfume. I also walked out with 7 other had decanted samples of designer frags. All in all a very productive visit. Will definately be going back soon.
    Have you been back lately? Are they still as nice about it? (I really like it when they will give you samples so you can try it at least a couple of times, since buying a bottle after spritzing it once in the store is just so risky...)

Just got back from Indianapolis. Found Moorman's, but it was too late...they are closed on Sundays - which is when I was leaving.
    By taking a peek in the window, I would definitely make the trip back to shop there - it looked very interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    Just got back from Indianapolis. Found Moorman's, but it was too late...they are closed on Sundays - which is when I was leaving.
    By taking a peek in the window, I would definitely make the trip back to shop there - it looked very interesting!
    Don't forget our Saks. Finding the right salespeople there can score you 10+ niche samples without a purchase.

(I once went there and walked away with not only several Creed and several others samples, I also was advised on where to go for my bottle of Black Orchid, which they did not have.)
    Body Kouros, Fahrenheit and other designer bottles for trade in My Swap Thread

Just posting in here to let any and all interested in the area know that Moorman's has closed its doors for good. Mr. Moorman passed quite a while ago and his wife was tiring of running the store, so she and the staff packed up. They've relocated a couple of times in the decades they've been running, but I confirmed it's not a relocation - they're going online-only. Better than nothing, but we must unfortunately say goodbye to a wonderful, quality independent perfume store.
    Body Kouros, Fahrenheit and other designer bottles for trade in My Swap Thread