Code of Conduct

Default Skins in Amsterdam, Holland

Great shop...
    Skins.nl, also online shop.
    Brands vary from Diptyque to AdP, Goutal, Creed.

Default Re: Skins in Amsterdam, Holland

Agreed. Good service!

Are the Creed products from skins.nl original? I want to buy some creed and I have seen that the price is good. Comparing to essenza-nobile.de the price on skins.nl is 10% lower..

So.. are the creed products from skins.nl original? Did anyone buy?
    thx,

Skins is highly reliable. They have boutiques in several major warehouse chains.
    Last edited by AuxiliaryExit; 5th August 2014 at 07:30 PM.

Basenotes Plus

They appear competitive on the ones that I looked at.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    They appear competitive on the ones that I looked at.
    They seem to be very competive with their Frederic Malle's & Maison Francis Kurkdjian's also. I haven't shopped here yet but I intend too.

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios

Does this company ship to the US with no issues?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Does this company ship to the US with no issues?
    From what I understand they ship free for over 250 euros. They are a quality outfit and they have a 21 per cent VAT. I noticed competitive prices and a 2 per cent discount from the norm(French and German online stores). The drawback could be their sample offerings but I'm not quite sure. I think LPP may have some history with them. Perhaps she could chime in and enlighten us. I do like to navigate on their website it looks very user friendly with a English translation option. I will know more first hand myself next month all being well.

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    From what I understand they ship free for over 250 euros. They are a quality outfit and they have a 21 per cent VAT. I noticed competitive prices and a 2 per cent discount from the norm(French and German online stores). The drawback could be their sample offerings but I'm not quite sure. I think LPP may have some history with them. Perhaps she could chime in and enlighten us. I do like to navigate on their website it looks very user friendly with a English translation option. I will know more first hand myself next month all being well.
    I will look into this further. What's most important to me are their offerings and what I can't get readily in the US. If it's on par with FIF or Jovoy then I can seriously see myself making purchases there. Thanks for the info.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I will look into this further. What's most important to me are their offerings and what I can't get readily in the US. If it's on par with FIF or Jovoy then I can seriously see myself making purchases there. Thanks for the info.
    I hope it's another avenue we can explore further with great success. It doesn't hurt to have some options to play with if they are actually on par with Premier, EN, FIF, etc.

The sampling service they have is good but quite strange. They offer 5 samples for 15 euros, once you receive them, you would also get a 15 euro voucher. Which they interpret that you can use towards purchasing a bottle hence you get the samples for free.

However, I want to buy a bottle from them now, and i want to get the free 5 samples. I guess I can't do that. In order to get these free samples i have to go through the samples first even though i know what I am going to buy.

I could have placed an order by now, it is just wasting my time. I will try and contact them via email.

Please chime in if you have experience with them regarding free samples.
    Currently wearing: Santal 33 by Le Labo

I bought a bottle of Diptyque Vetyverio for my brother as a present. I personally liked it. The sales lady gave me a free sample(1,5ml) for my brother to try first. And i got a free sample of byredo oud immortel and accord oud. My brother did not fancy the scent (too sweet). So i returned the Diptyque and in stead bought a bottle of byredo oud immortel for myself and gave my brother another gift. And i got two more free samples (byredo seven veils and bullion). I bought it at their store in Rotterdam not Amsterdam though.

I also bought a sample box online with the voucher. Be aware that the voucher is valid for three months, it does not say that online when you buy the sample box.
    Currently wearing: Oud Immortel by Byredo

I just bought a 120ml bottle of GIT at Skins.nl. The bottle is apparently from 2014 (A3214M01) and the card with the 2 pictures was missing. The other piece of paper with text wasn't where it's should be but under the cardboard flap.

edit:120ml
    Last edited by pinobot; 6th June 2016 at 02:01 PM.

Missed this one earlier! Must check it out

-Mark
    Using Tapatalk

I purchased two set of samples of Creed fragrances few days ago, scents look authentic to me because they are exactly as people describe it. And as Creed boutique have them described. I have intention to purchase from them in the near future, and also planned to purchase 120 ml GIT so that bottle you described could easily be purchased by me as well. Did you contact them? That seems quite unprofessional. I didn't have any problems with Essenza Nobile when I bought Aventus, all papers were there and newest batch at this time as well. Also, Skins haven't update website so VIW which is on my wish list (mostly because they have 120 ml bottles) are still in older presentation, blue cap instead of grey one. But I like that batch from the sample very much no matter if it's older or newer. Anyone else had the similar issues? Please keep us informed about that.
    Last edited by Incubus; 8th June 2016 at 10:09 AM.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Yeah, 120ml.
    I also bought Aventus afew days earlier and got a recent batch 16A01 but the GIT is just weird, i expect something like this if i would buy from Ebay or some place like that not from an authorized dealer. The bottle wasn't used, i had to pump about 4 times to get it to spray.
    Does anybody know how often stock is refreshed if ever?
    Last edited by pinobot; 6th June 2016 at 02:07 PM.

I had also serious intention to purchase Royal Mayfair. I'll first tested it today. And I want 120 ml bottle, seems like good deal and Skins have it. According to update, yes they are update website. But seems like 120 ml are not very popular because of travel restriction so it is possible that they have something older in stock. Other like Spice and Wood and Erolfa for example was out of stock and then in stock again so I think that they are newest one (however I dislike both of them). But as I say, I wouldn't mind if GIT or VIW are older batch if they are good (and VIW is great in sample I got). I am only concerned for papers, in new product it have to be there. So I would contact them just in case to check it out why this is happened. And Aventus, as much as I saw they currently have only 75 ml bottle? Is that size that you bought? Because of previously mentioned, I think that is most recent batches of fragrances.

Yes i got the 75 ml Aventus.
    It's still don't know if i like it, sometimes it smells like wet cardboard when i'm wearing a cotton t-shirt, but only on the t-shirt.

That's quite strange. Is that your first Aventus? Did you sample it before? I have 15X21 as well, and I feel slightly leathery and much more birch in it. I never wore any fragrance on clothes, always on skin. Today I wore Royal Mayfair and unfortunately it is to rose heavy on me, it is very beautiful and I really wanted to love RM but don't want completely rose based scent. For a moment I thought it was bad sample, however, BdP and VIW was beautiful and quite strong I think it is not batch variation because it is a relatively new scent.

- - - Updated - - -

And for GIT, if you like it definitely keep it. However, ask Skins for explanation. If they denies and says that's your fault this is suspicious. If they apologize and offer you to send you missing card, say it is not necessary but you'll be sure that purchase is OK. My GIT sample was from Essenza Nobile and it is beautiful top notes with fresh mown grass and dry down with much verbena, sandalwood and especially ambergris. I don't like green scents but this is great exception. Is your bottle similar to that? And for Aventus, I heard that newer batches are slightly darker and have more birch like vibe, but at the end of the day for me there is no significant difference it is always recognizable Aventus.
    Last edited by Incubus; 8th June 2016 at 10:13 AM.