Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Default Re: New York, New York

Guys, is anyone familiar with Crafting Boutique (http://www.craftingboutique.com/)? Can't find any information whether this is a brick and mortar store or just an online shop...
    Your Perfume Guide (all about city shopping guides and list of parfums by dominating note)

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & B˙zios

It doesn't say come visit us or check us out in New York, so my guess is that it is an online shop.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

That's my guess too
    Hednic,
    Your Perfume Guide (all about city shopping guides and list of parfums by dominating note)

Aedes De Venustas has a new location!

WE MOVED!

OUR NEW ADDRESS IS:

7 GREENWICH AVENUE
    (CORNER 1 CHRISTOPHER ST)

NEW YORK, NY 10014

See you at our new location!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

NYC is one of my favorite city as tourism point of view. I love this city due to attractive attractions and stunning views of Niagara Falls. It is one of the most famous fall in the world. Millions of the people come here to see the beauty of this fall. I also love it. The Table Rock Welcome Centre and One Niagara Welcome Center are the nearest shopping places near this fall. I buy lots of things in these shopping places.

Perfumania on 82nd in Jackson Heights, Queens has a vast array and regular sales. Its my go to fragrance store and not far from where I reside.

I'll be visiting Ny in may. Can anyone recommend a store near downtown where i might be able to find anything from the older "pure" lineup? Pure malt, havane. And a nice selection of designers?

For the older Mugler lineup and other random designers in midtown you might try the string of fragrance shops along Broadway between 28th and 32nd streets and intersecting streets in the New York wholesale fragrance district. Cash only for best price and vendors at time can be pushy and overbearing, but deals can be found.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    For the older Mugler lineup and other random designers in midtown you might try the string of fragrance shops along Broadway between 28th and 32nd streets and intersecting streets in the New York wholesale fragrance district. Cash only for best price and vendors at time can be pushy and overbearing, but deals can be found.
    I don't mind walking around smelling fragrances in search of a sweet deal. I've already saved the location on google maps to help me out

Thanks Hednic !

Default Re: Best option in NYC?

Great new indie boutique in Brooklyn called Twisted Lily. I've ordered online from them many times, and will be checking out the storefront for the first time later this month!

http://twistedlily.com/

Default Re: Best option in NYC?

Quote Originally Posted by Janjanjan View Post
    Great new indie boutique in Brooklyn called Twisted Lily. I've ordered online from them many times, and will be checking out the storefront for the first time later this month!

http://twistedlily.com/
    Actually has existed for more than a year now and agree - wonderful place with very helpful people.

I wasn't able to find anything from mugler, but i walked around the fragrance district and ended up with luna rossa eau sport

Quote Originally Posted by p1trick View Post
    I wasn't able to find anything from mugler, but i walked around the fragrance district and ended up with luna rossa eau sport
    You're welcome. There are just too many shops even to do in a day, but I'm glad you found something.

Going to New York in a few weeks to drop my daughter off at Culinary Camp. Found MIN when I was there 2 years ago and also Barney's on Madison Ave and was impressed.
    Going to stay in the East Village. Is Twisted Lily a trek to avoid or an easy subway ride? Are there other places to check out unique to the City?

Quote Originally Posted by vitaman View Post
    Going to New York in a few weeks to drop my daughter off at Culinary Camp. Found MIN when I was there 2 years ago and also Barney's on Madison Ave and was impressed.
    Going to stay in the East Village. Is Twisted Lily a trek to avoid or an easy subway ride? Are there other places to check out unique to the City?
    It's an easy subway ride there to Brooklyn. Can also check out Atelier Cologne close by. In Manhattan, you should definitely pay a visit to Osswald in SOHO and Aedes de Venustas in the West Village. Also, Bergdorf Goodman on 57th St. and SAKS on 5th Avenue if time permits.
    Last edited by hednic; 5th July 2016 at 12:59 PM.

It's an easy subway ride there to Brooklyn. Can also check out Atelier Cologne close by. In Manhattan, you should definitely pay a visit to Osswald in SOHO and Aedes de Venustas in the West Village. Also, Bergdorf Goodman on 57th St. and SAKS on 5th Avenue if time permits.
    Yes, it's a very easy subway ride and worth the trip in my opinion. I was able to visit Aedes, Jo Malone, Twisted Lily, and Atelier in an afternoon, not feeling rushed at any of them.

Of those 4, Twisted Lily was my favorite. SA Carla was super nice and helpful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Had never even seen this little subsection.
    Was afraid someone might discover my post around Valentine's Day next year.
    You people are fabulous! Thanks so much.

Had never even seen this little subsection.
    Was afraid someone might discover my post around Valentine's Day next year.
    You people are fabulous! Thanks so much.
    Have a good trip!

Finishing up our last day in Manhattan.
    Got a chance to visit Twisted Lily on Saturday, Aedes on Monday, and Osswald on Tuesday.
    Osswald was more of an afterthought.....was going to go if we had time. Of course it was the highlight of the stores tour.
    There is a part time employee there named Daisy who is simply amazing. What a nice and relaxed and knowledgeable person.
    Bought something at each shop to support them. Oswald was dangerous in that regard because they sell virtually the full line of Roja Dove (my Lord his Ouds are good) and Stephane Humbert Lucas 777 and Xerjoff. Had only smelled a few Xerjoff samples of those 3 lines so it was like being a kid in a candy store.
    Highly recommend all 3 (visited MIN last year), but especially Osswald.

Osswald was more of an afterthought.....was going to go if we had time. Of course it was the highlight of the stores tour.
    Did you get a chance to talk to Josie?

I talked with Daisy who is a total gem! She's a part timer but is the best fragrance sales person I have met...by a long shot.
    My wife talked skin care with Josie and she seemed very nice, but Daisy is the bomb.

I talked with Daisy who is a total gem!
    Haven't had the pleasure yet, but will remember to seek her out next time I'm there.

She teaches French at NYU as her main job, but her real interests are Perfume and Food. She gave us good advice in both arenas.

She teaches French at NYU as her main job,
    Well then - we will have more in common than fragrance when we meet!