Code of Conduct
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default ▲ wisconsin ▲

Ulta arrived in Brookfield in 2004.
    Sephora debuted in Wisconsin in 2005 at Mayfair Mall.
    Mayfair Mall is a bit of a mecca as it also hosts:
    L'Occitane, Aveda, Bath & Body Works, Victoria's Secret, Soaps & Scents, Macy’s, Boston Store.
    See this Google Map for Greater Milwaukee area fragrance sources.

Last edited by Quarry; 9th December 2009 at 12:20 AM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: WISCONSIN: Milwaukee area

Nope.

Not even the factory outlet mall on the east side of I-94 in Kenosha. Their prices are better than Sephora; not as good a selection.

The TJ Maxx and the Marshalls near 124th XX Capitol will sometimes have a pleasant surprise.

Have you been to Johnsons Creek? I wonder if they have anything.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Thanks for adding input, Veronica. Anyone out there been to Johnsons Creek to give a report?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I live in Madison and i was at the Johnson Creek outlet mall thingy in May of 2005 and i don't recall seeing any fragrance oriented stores. I'll probably end up going there again this spring and if there is anything new there or anything i didn't see i'll post here and let you guys know.

An undated Johnson Creek Premium Outlets pamphlet I picked up at the airport yesterday while waiting for my luggage to get lost lists:

Bath and Body Works

Beauty Express

Designer Fragrance.

I thought it was Johnsons Creek or possibly Johnson's Creek. I suppose Johnson Creek is more 'uptown'. Right! Uptown for the middle of a cow pasture! Something tells me that Johnson Creek is pretty much a replay of Kenosha.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    An undated Johnson Creek Premium Outlets pamphlet I picked up at the airport yesterday while waiting for my luggage to get lost lists:
    Hey, Fellow Frag Hag, I picked up that same pamphlet by the luggage carousel a few weeks ago, along with the PR1ME Outlets/Pleasant Prairie one that lists the same companies plus Perfumania. Proof again, great minds think alike, at least when left idling in Mitchell Field Airport. Dear Husband came back from Florida that day bearing a L'Occitane bag with soap for me. Life is good.

In Milwaukee, I've hit the usual Sephora, Marshall's Field, Boston Store. By Gurnee Mills, I hit Ulta. Mostly, they all seem to carry the same stuff. Oakbrook down in Illinois had Creed in the Neiman-Marcus.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I recently fell in love with Fig Leaf & Cassis cologne, created by the Minnesota-based Thymes company. Upon visiting their website www.thymes.com, I learned they have a local outlet just south of Southridge Mall. After I visit this place, I'll provide more information about which lines they carry.

Lotions & Potions
    5648 Broad Street
    Greendale, Wis.
    414-423-1959

Update: I spoke with proprietor Deedee by phone and steered her toward this site. Hope she'll provide more information under this thread. For now, here are the brands I jotted down from our conversation: Thymes (Yay! Fig Leaf & Cassis!), Davies Gate, Primal Elements, Lady Primrose, Fresh Wave, Burt's Bees, Crabtree & Evelyn, Ahava, Caldrea (sp?), and some other lines. She also has unscented products that she can scent according to your preferences.
    Last edited by Quarry; 2nd September 2007 at 06:36 PM.

Creme on Silver Spring carries Kai and Moynette
    This store mostly stocks soaps -candles -some beauty and baby bath products. They have a website.
    They also offer dr hauschka facials.
    However, I am still searching for a local store that sells interesting perfume. I am getting tired of shopping for perfume online. There used to be a great place on KK called Oranje. They had great products- I really miss that store.

Jam

I don't shop downtown Milwaukee. Can anyone tell me if I'm missing anything significant

Blush on Water Street sells some Laura Mercier frags, maybe others, haven't been there in a while: http://www.blushmilwaukee.com/

The Village in Wauwatosa has some good sources: Juxt is one of the few stores in the entire country to sell I Profumi di Firenze scents; she has about 5 or so... two doors down,The Flower Lady sells a few Voluspa fragrances from the Floraison collection. There is another cool-looking gift store opening across the street called Magnolia, they might be stocking some nice frags, I will be checking!

I know there are more, I will think of them and post!
    Last edited by ruby3; 3rd June 2007 at 04:52 AM. Reason: added info

Flower Lady has more Voluspa scents; Vanity, Tuberosa Agave, Malayan Coco, Green Datura, probably more. Didn't see any scents to wear at Magnolia, did see some candles, can't remember the brand name, they are the ones with the toile pattern on the box and a tassel hanging off the top. Nice store. Anyway, that's my little update.

If you're going to the Prime Outlet mall in Kenosha, "The Cosmetics Company Store" which is the Estee Lauder outlet is worth a stop. "Designer Fragrance" carries Lancome brands. If I want to find anything more exclusive, I go to Neiman Marcus at Northbrook Court in Illinois. But more often I order samples from LuckyScent or Aedes.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

There is an Anthropologie boutique in Milwaukee's historic Third Ward. I haven't visited yet, but the Anthropologie website lists these brands: Melissa Flagg, TokyoMilk, oulinette, Lucy B, Skeem, Tocca, Sarah Horowitz, Sula, Lollia, Fresh (just four frags though), Oiseau, Mor, and Mistral.

Downtown Milwaukee has a Soaps & Scents store on N. Downer. (F.Y.I. When I inquired after a particular Roger & Gallet scent I'd sampled at Mayfair Mall and then no longer found there a few months later, I was told by the Mayfair staff the downtown store would have it.)

I recommend the fragrance shop on the upper level, north end of Southridge mall. (Sorry, I don't have the name.) The shop is small, and cheap, off-brand stuff is what's visible from the outside. But go inside for a big surprise. This shop carries a lot of hard-to-find, high-quality fragrances, at least for the men. (Even a couple of Creeds on my last visit.) The clerk there told me that the shop doesn't carry a lot of the new stuff, but tries to find the discontinued items and uncommon scents. I spotted a cologne that was discounted years ago, but was wrapped and sealed on the shelf here. When I questioned the clerk about the freshness, she willingly unsealed a box to I could test the frag. It was fresh. I bought both bottles when she offered a discount, so I paid less than I would on ebay for unknown quality. The knowledge of the store clerks varies widely.

Let's keep this store alive, Basenoters. Mention the website when you shop there, so the management knows there is a market for the kind of frags the place is stocking. Perfumania in the middle of the mall has a wider selection, but prices are higher and the stock is all the usual stuff. Sometimes that's okay, but the little shop at the north end offers fragrance adventure!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Just learned of this Wisconsin perfumer: http://houseofrose.com/

I'll have to check that store out next time I get to Milw. Thanks for the info.
    Glad to see some "sconny's" here.
    ISO-WTB
    Sample or Partial
    Teo Cabanel-Alahine
    Bois D'Armenie
    Mark Buxton-Wood & Absinthe

My sales thread:

--Bruce Lee
    Jeet Kune Do -"Way of the intercepting fist"

My store- www.AtoZknives.com
    (Knives, sporting & Tactical products GALORE !!)
    Low price LEADER- FAST ship too!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I can't believe I've forgotten to post about Blush Boutique. I visited the shop at 249 North Water Street in 2010. They also have a Mequon location: 1515 W. Mequon Road.

Product lines mentioned online: Laura Mercier, Bond No. 9, Lucy B., Truefitt & Hill, Tocca. When I visited, they also carried Diptyque. Of course these are always subject to change, so you may want to call ahead.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

In addition to a Von Maur slated to be built near Goerke's Corner (Brookfield), news has just broken that Nordstroms is coming to Mayfair Mall (Wauwatosa) in 2015.

http://m.jsonline.com/newswatch/181400891.htm

Who's up for a meet-up?!?!

Blog Entries

I guess it's worth noting that Mayfair Mall also houses one of the two Body Shops in the state of Wisconsin. At the Kenosha outlet mall is, as mentioned, the Lancome outlet, which has a small selection and the prices are more than you'd pay online, though I recently found some very cheap gift sets there. There's also a Bath and Body Works outlet a few doors down from there. On the other side of the mall is Perfumania, which has a decent selection and some okay values. I've read bad reviews on Yelp, but the time I was there the staff members were very helpful and let me smell anything I wanted to smell.