Code of Conduct

Default Jakarta, Indonesia

If you are a tourist or expatriate visiting or living in Jakarta, Indonesia and interested in Vintage NOS fragrances. Visit this store:

B18(this is the name of the store)
    at Pondok Indah Mall,3rd floor. You can ask information desk on the exact location.

The store stocks tons! of vintage NOS(new old stock) of old school,old favorite scents! I was giddy!!!!! Some of the scents that I saw were Gucci Nobile, Calvin,Tuscany Forte, m7(there are plenty of M7 in Jakarta, Indonesia), Original Burberry for Men, collectible Le Male in a black ceramic bottle,and tons of others too many too mention!!!!! There were perfumes in cute fish bottles(could be limited editions) some Creed(which is almost impossible to find in South East Asia) Original Vetiver, Tabarone Millesime,Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed,and another bottle I couldn't remember.

Definitely worth a visit
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

Smile Re: Jakarta, Indonesia

How about the female's collection?
    I'm looking for Annick Goutal's perfumes... and there are several other perfumes I have in mind.
    I'm curious about the store.

Default Re: Jakarta, Indonesia

B-18 used to carry AG frags once or twice, but now it doesn't anymore I think (they don't even have the Chanel edps last time I went there). If you want those AGs, better look for them at Biyan Living on Pacific Place. They have AGs, Artisans, Indult, and even Etat Libre d'Orange (I asked the SA once, and she said that nobody has ever bought Secretion Magnifique; no wonder )

I think it's a good time for update.

B18. Designer's brand and niches.
    Pondok Indah Mall. 1st Floor
    Pasar Cikini

Papillon. Niches only.
    Kemang Raya
    Pacific Place Ground Floor.

Glow. Designer's brand and Niches.
    Plaza Indonesia Ground Floor.

Avona. The house of vintage i.e. Balenciaga HoHang, Rumba and Le dix, Bogart Furyo, Vintage Patou Joy and 1000, Gucci pour homme 1 (before tom ford), etc.
    ITC Mangga Dua 1st Floor
    STC Senayan 1st Floor.

MonCherry. Some rare and discontinued parfumes are floating here i.e. vintage VCA Tsar, Guerlain Nahema an coriolan.
    ITC Ambassador 3rd and 4th floor.

De-Nong. They also sell Niches i.e Lutens, Comme des Garcons, Goutal, Bond no.9, and Creed.
    ITC Ambassador 1st and 2nd floor.

Quote Originally Posted by gandrasta View Post
    I think it's a good time for update.

B18. Designer's brand and niches.
    Pondok Indah Mall. 1st Floor
    Pasar Cikini

Papillon. Niches only.
    Kemang Raya
    Pacific Place Ground Floor.
    cursory glance on the brands:

B18 Pondok Indah Mall: Bond New York, Creed, Annick Goutal, Amouage, Ferragamo, Lalique, Marc Jacobs, Jo Malone, Hermes, Boucheron

Papillion Pacific Place : Penhaligon, CdG, Heeley, Diptyque, (if im not mistaken) Etat Libre d'Orange

Thank you for the heads up! Always interesting to see what old stock maybe floating around. Jakarta seems to have a reasonable representation of niche players!

no problem, thank those guys up there, i only added a little nuggets of fact
    actually i'm also quite surprised as well, since i'm a real newbie, i didn't know there are some high end niche frags in shops around jakarta.
    i haven't test & ask anything in b18 so i can't vouch for the price & genuinity, but when i stumbled into Papillion (i remember seeing Diptyque logo and couldn't help but to test to satisfy my curiousity), they actually has quite reasonable prices. Tam Dao 50ml is priced at about $90, while 100ml is at $130-140. CdG is priced quite similarly as well. I say reasonable because these are within the range of prices in internet shops. I see that diptyque site, amazon, and luckyscent all have almost the same price (or is it the exact same price actually?)
    And in contrast i found out half a year ago a 100ml Burberry London in Burberry boutique at the mall is priced around $125, which is an idiotic move by their sales people since i wouldn't buy any of their frag there ever again. Buying it in other shop or even amazon would still be cheaper than their price!

010 - keep us posted and any other niche brand that you come across just keep us informed please! Old stock that might be lying around from Jean Patou or Guerlain would be of interest to us.

Quote Originally Posted by kccparis View Post
    010 - keep us posted and any other niche brand that you come across just keep us informed please! Old stock that might be lying around from Jean Patou or Guerlain would be of interest to us.
    do you have any specific frag in mind? i'm such a newbie i can't tell if a bottle is a vintage or reformulation, etc.
    i found myself overwhelmed when i went there. tried quite a few frags on my skin in within the hour, VCA (can't get past soapy-ness), Guerlain Vetiver (need several wearing before i can decide if i like it), Santos (not a tobacco note that i like), Jazz (underwhelmed), aigner in leather (meh, low quality & gay, but aigners' are always do), Jaipur ph (bit too feminine) and some others on paper. ended up with a bottle of rive gauche because i was surprised by the cheerfulness & i think i mistaken the heart notes with Dsquared2 RWM (will be my next purchase i think). Also bought eau de hadrien mini & cartier pasha.

i think i'm going to give rive gauche to my dad because it reminds me of his smell in the 80s, and i find the drydown journey to basenotes a bit unwearable, i get slight headache from it. i still like it though, just don't think i'll wear it much.
    Last edited by 0101; 12th November 2011 at 01:45 AM.

Well, after a year, we have no updates. All are still the same. The economy, maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by 0101 View Post
    And in contrast i found out half a year ago a 100ml Burberry London in Burberry boutique at the mall is priced around $125, which is an idiotic move by their sales people since i wouldn't buy any of their frag there ever again. Buying it in other shop or even amazon would still be cheaper than their price!
    I found Jaguar Classic Black for $90 in Surabaya, I leave that store at the very second

Anyone know where to get Creed - Aventus for a good price here?

Quote Originally Posted by reinhard5490 View Post
    I found Jaguar Classic Black for $90 in Surabaya, I leave that store at the very second
    i know right... plain stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Ninja View Post
    Anyone know where to get Creed - Aventus for a good price here?
    bought a tester online, try rumahparfum or jualparfumasli

bought a tester online, try rumahparfum or jualparfumasli
    Thank you so much. How were the quality of the testers?

Thank you so much. How were the quality of the testers?
    well, it's original... i think quality is good but it's relative, can't say anything about batch or notes since it's my first time smelling aventus

well, it's original... i think quality is good but it's relative, can't say anything about batch or notes since it's my first time smelling aventus
    How long does it last on your skin? Just want to completely make sure before I buy. Especially since it's only a tester

How long does it last on your skin? Just want to completely make sure before I buy. Especially since it's only a tester
    can't say, it's not something you notice after 2 hours. besides, it's 1/3 of normal price

can't say, it's not something you notice after 2 hours. besides, it's 1/3 of normal price
    Hmmm.. can't find Creed Aventus on either site. If you know anyone who sells decants or maybe if you could sell me a decant, please let me know. Also interested in Dior Homme Intense (2007-2010 version) before reformulation, if you know a place/person.

Thanks again for all your help

Boy times have changed since I've made that post above..... came a long way
    Is anyone still active? Seems like the main fragrance group in Indonesia is the one on Kaskus.

I am interested in any developments in Jakarta as far as niche are concerned!

Quote Originally Posted by kccparis View Post
    I am interested in any developments in Jakarta as far as niche are concerned!
    Still the same stores no new ones. There have been differences in stock though, for niche. It's certainly not as stocked like it was long ago. But Papilion are official retailer for some niche brands, so it's safe to say they will always have stock.

Boy times have changed since I've made that post above..... came a long way
    Is anyone still active? Seems like the main fragrance group in Indonesia is the one on Kaskus.
    no more aventus?

no more aventus?
    I hoarded Z01 vials before they ran out. Very good price. And they sell like hotcakes, and I think I'm one of the ones responsible
    But I'm still looking for a bottle if anyone is bored of it..

10011920_664098776984760_826273660_o.jpg

I hoarded Z01 vials before they ran out. Very good price. And they sell like hotcakes, and I think I'm one of the ones responsible
    But I'm still looking for a bottle if anyone is bored of it..
    how do you like it?

i'm trying to find a sample or a bottle of tom ford grey vetiver online, but only one in kaskus has it. is he a reputable seller?

eh, a quick look on the seller's history makes me think i don't want to buy anything from him
    Last edited by 0101; 24th April 2014 at 05:49 AM.

how do you like it?

i'm trying to find a sample or a bottle of tom ford grey vetiver online, but only one in kaskus has it. is he a reputable seller?

eh, a quick look on the seller's history makes me think i don't want to buy anything from him
    Yeah it's pretty good but I miss the smoky non-anosmic batch. I can't smell Z01 much after opening but it's good stuff.
    You're best buying it from a niche store or something, even though the prices aren't as good as they are outside the country.

yeah, but i'm not sure i want the full bottle yet, i havent sniff it

yeah, but i'm not sure i want the full bottle yet, i havent sniff it
    I don't blindbuy anymore. It's sniff/decant first then bottle. Save money and time.