Code of Conduct

Thread: Miami, FL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Miami, FL

A & K Perfume
    255 E. Flagler St. #88
    305-377-8166

This place is located downtown near several other fragrance discounters. I've spent a heck of a lot of money here, and I have a feeling I'll probably spend a lot more. Everything they sell is discounted pretty heavily, and they carry a wide selection of stuff that's hard to find elsewhere. 99% of their selection is designer, i.e. non-niche. That said, they carry a lot of good scents for very little $, and everything is able to be sampled. This is where I bought M7, Visit, Rochas Lui, Lanvin L'Homme and many others for next to nothing.

The Boys Cosmetics
    295 Miracle Mile
    Coral Gables, FL 33134

I've misplaced their phone number, but you can look it up easily enough. I stumbled upon this store very recently. The proprietor is *extremely* knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. They carry a full line of niche scents at prices comparable to the internet (e.g. Aedes). Some of the brands they carry include L'Artisan, MPG, SMN, Diptyque, Lothantique, Hierbas de Ibiza, D'Orsay and others. During my last visit the owner told me he has plans to stock Creed, Bond #9, Etro and about 5-6 other niche brands. His selection also includes candles, room sprays, grooming products, etc. The store itself is nicely laid out and very welcoming. Testers are available for everything. If you want to buy a niche fragrance and you're in Miami, this is the place to go. HIGHLY recommended. (They also provide beautiful, free gift wrapping.)
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Default Re: Miami, FL

Brownes Apothecary

Lincoln Road............

Post Thanks / Like

i was in the lincoln road mall before i became a buff. now i know what brands to look for, i am gonna be a better shopper next time i get down to south beach

sam

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by newsuvshopping
    Brownes Apothecary<br><br>Lincoln Road............
    Have been here a few times since my first post on this thread. Their prices are nothing to get excited about, but they do carry some good stuff, including CdG, Miller Harris, CSP, and a few other niche brands. They also carry candles (e.g. Diptyque) and a wide variety of grooming products (e.g. Art of Shaving). Friendly service. Nowhere near as broad a selection as "The Boys" mentioned earlier in the thread.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Post Thanks / Like

stuigi
    Supporting Member

*IMAGINATION PERFUMERY
    9561 HARDING AVE. *
    SURFSIDE, FL. 33154
    866-338-8376
    ASK FOR JONATHAN
    INCREDIBLE SELECTION AND GREAT PRICES

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Miami, FL

I would like to take this opportunity to plug The 4th Sense on the Bay Barbour Islands. It's a great niche fragrance shop with a good selection and a very friendly and knowledgeable staff.

They carry Penhaligons, D'Orsay, Floris, Acqua di Biella, Carthusia, Esteban and L'Artisan Parfumeur to name a few...

It's well worth the $1 causeway fee to get over to visit this shop. As far as I know, it is the only of its kind in the area (please let me know if you know of others.) Let's show these guys some support; shops of this type and quality are uncommon.

The 4th Sense
    1076 Kane Concourse
    Bay Harbor , FL 33154
    http://the4thsense.com/

The cheapest store I ve ever been is Alberto Cortes....In Miami Downtown.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't believe noone's mentioned:

Tomas Maier boutique
    1800 West Avenue
    Miami Beach, FL 33139
    305-531-8383

They also have a boutique in Palm Beach (right off Worth Ave) and I think they're opening up in Miami's Design District also.

Great selection of Serge Lutens, Comme des Garcons, Carthusia, classic Guerlains, Santa Maria Novella, Diptyque and much more
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

All of these sound fabulous! Any others I should know about? Tomas Maier Boutique & Imagination Perfumery sound wonderful. I've shopped at Browne's on Lincoln Road but am keen to check out some other spots.

I am heading to Miami next weekend (Dec 11-13th or 14th..) and plan to shop for perfume while hubs golfs

I love Miami *jumps for joy*

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

3xasif, That sounds like fun. Shop 'til you drop, girl! Soak up some sun for me!
    Last edited by kumquat; 4th December 2009 at 05:01 PM.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3xasif View Post
    All of these sound fabulous! Any others I should know about? Tomas Maier Boutique & Imagination Perfumery sound wonderful. I've shopped at Browne's on Lincoln Road but am keen to check out some other spots.

I am heading to Miami next weekend (Dec 11-13th or 14th..) and plan to shop for perfume while hubs golfs

I love Miami *jumps for joy*
    Imagination's closed now. PM me for more info.

Watch out girl, someone as cute as you can get kidnapped here 3xasif.

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    3xasif, That sounds like fun. Shop 'til you drop, girl! Soak up some sun for me!
    I plan to!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Imagination's closed now. PM me for more info.

Watch out girl, someone as cute as you can get kidnapped here 3xasif.
    Alrighty M, will do! Haha I'm too old for kidnappers!

The Tomas Maier boutique sounds perfect- SMN, classic Guerlains....oh my
    Last edited by Jane Daly; 6th December 2009 at 07:29 PM.

Boo We are re-scheduling our trip to Miami. My husband is just too busy- which in the end is a good thing. Seems Canadians are more eager than ever to buy cars from the US.

Looking at mid-January. We go at least a few times every winter so I know we'll make it. The 30cm of snow that fell yesterday just makes it hard to not go NOW

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

FYI - the Tomas Maier boutique I mentioned above has moved to a new location:

170 n.e. 40th street
    Miami, FL 33137

-- Jack Kerouac

Heading down to Delray Beach area March 15th for 1 or 2 weeks (we got a condo there...) so if anyone is around and wants to sniff/shop I'm up for it! We're close to Miami, Boca, Palm Beach and Aventura.

Post Thanks / Like

Jane- in Delray:
    Palm Beach Perfumes
    2001 N. Federal Highway
    561-330-1114

Trend Beauty
    1100 SW 10th St. #E
    561-266-2234

Miami feels like a perfume desert to me.

Nieman Marcus (MVP and Bal Harbor) and Saks (Dadeland Mall, the ball harbor one is a let-down) carry the typical stuff, except Chanel exclusifs.

Babalu at south beach, lincoln road, is perhaps the only one I liked so far, not a true perfume store. They carry a few random niche fragrances, and they honestly change their lines like every month. I know they carry Nassomato, some CdG, ELDO and some others at the moment.

The Boys Cosmetics was a let down; their collection is not as big as their site might suggest, a lot of the stuff is out of stock. They carried like 3 penahligons, two amouage, half of the MPG line and 2 or 3 niche brands I'm not familiar with. Their website is down at the moment so I don't know if they went out of business or something, will visit them next week. Maybe they were doing warehouse clearance? I left early in my visit due to the limited selection and the fact none of the people working at the store could speak English.

Tomas Maier was a surprise to me. Carries Diptyque, Nassomato, some old guerlains and Serge Lutens.

Than that, I can't find anything else. The boys selection was disappointing, and babalu and Tomas Maier have a really small selection, as they are not dedicated fragrance stores. Luscious Cargo in Orlando (I believe) is the only true niche shop I know of so far in Florida, but it's a little too far, and they also don't carry many of my favorites.

Anything else I've missed? many of the stores mentioned here seem to be out of business as of today; or at least they don't have working websites.

Post Thanks / Like

As of 12/15/2012

Been on the hunt for niche perfumes in Miami and found:

Babalu in Miami Beach -- Amouage, MFK, CDG, Bond no. 9, Odin, Histories de Parfums and more ... http://store.babalumiami.com/index.php

GEE Beauty Bal Harbour -- Serge Lutens

Neiman Marcus Bal Harbour -- Full line of Creed, A few L'Artisan Parfumeur, Clive, Tom Ford

Alchemist in Miami Beach -- Heeley

Base in Miami Beach -- Seems like the full line of CDG

Unfortunately, Tomas Maier no longer has a store front and Boys Cosmetics is currently closed until 2013.

Enjoy

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    Jane- in Delray:
    Palm Beach Perfumes
    2001 N. Federal Highway
    561-330-1114

Trend Beauty
    1100 SW 10th St. #E
    561-266-2234
    Four Seasons
    4900 Linton Boulevard
    Suite 15-16
    Delray Beach, Fl
    800-555-8082

http://fourseasonsproducts.com/cat--...e-Carry--lines

They off many niche brands. Not big stock though, but most of what they offer, they do have testers and will order in what they do not have in stock.

Post Thanks / Like

^ Nice find.

Any luck finding Frederic Malle in S. Fla? It's been a tough one, the only place that has it is Barney's in Miami Beach and it's only one fragrance he did for the store.

I've been a LONG time lurker on here, although I've never been a poster.

It's been a long time coming, but, after some setbacks related to family health issues and fundraising, we finally were able to achieve a dream and open up a perfume store in the South Florida area. We are also in the process of finalizing a website dedicated EXCLUSIVELY to niche/artisan type fragrances. On the website, we will be offering free shipping on all orders ($25 minimum), as well as some other neat perks.

Initially, our niche brands will include Montale, Etat Libre d'Orange, and Histoires des Parfums. I'd love to be able (financially) to bring in a dozen or more of the better niche brands right away, but, as of right now, it's just not a possibility. We are sufficiently well funded where we can re-invest 100% of profits for the first year at least, into expanding existing brands, and bringing in new ones.

We are VERY excited and wish to thank all the basenoters on here for the wealth of information they have provided us over the years.

Any suggestions as to certain perks or other neat things we should employ on the website will ALWAYS be welcome. Please let us know how we can best serve you.

I will stop by for those three brands alone. Thanks!

That is very good news and really exciting. I would love some opinions as to which brands we should bring in after the three with which we have already placed orders. We are thinking Lukens and L'artisan but would love some other opinions.